• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You stab me, I stab you.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Imagine this hypothetical world which is completely the same as it is now, except that killing other humans was seen as normal, and was not seen as illegal. All other laws such as speeding, stealing, etc are still in place. What do you think it would be like? What are some of the better and worse things the world would now have? Do you think you would be able to go around and kill others or would you be hiding all your life?

If someone posts 'we'd all be dead' they'll regret it...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
We'd all probably be dead.

Well, it would be a place where, if you disagreed with someone, they'd probably feel the need to kill you, and get away with it.

Years
I'd imagine there had to be something else different besides people not minding all the killing, like some kind of religious ideology that made death not seem like such a bad thing.

I'd also imagine that people wouldn't just kill everyone. I mean, you would need a reason to kill someone even if life was that cheap.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Would the death penalty be considered not much of a penalty, then?

Depends on why they don't mind killing. They could not mind for reasons other than 'life doesn't matter', and I think they would still value their own life.

Honestly, all the other crimes, no one would bother enforcing. Stealing? Nah, just kill the person you want stuff from instead. Lying? Just kill the person you have to lie to, or kill who you need to so you don't have to lie. It's like a 'get out of jail free' card for any crime.

Edit: Does this remind anyone else of Adventure Time, and the city that was full of thieves? They didn't care about stealing from others, but cared when people stole from them. Kind of the same idea I'd think.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Survival of the fittest. I wouldn't kill though, unless someone was attacking me then I'd shank them. But I'd probably passout after if I killed someone XD But yes if we were still primal like that then I'd carry around weapons and board up my house with wood at night, and kill or be killed (assuming someone tries to kill me, I honestly couldn't be bothered going out just to kill someone, too much effort).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I can't imagine a lack of murder law without some safeguard to prevent chaos. If there was simply no murder law, I can't envisage anything other than a Hobbesian landscape where life is 'nasty, brutish and short'. A murder law with safeguards (e.g. you can murder someone if they've wrong you - with 'wronged' being interpreted very widely) would still result in a drastically worse society than the one we currently live in, but might go in some way to reducing some sort of crime. Eh... I'm very happy that there are murder laws, to be honest!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hmmm... well, I think it's save to say our world would be a hell of a lot more bloodier. And things would be a lot more tense.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
This really depends on the frequency of how many people are killed. If this is viewed as normal, then by most people's standards, death would appear much more normal, and not as random or sad. In other words, as I would be most likely like any other person in that world, I would do what they would all do. Kill, and wait to be killed.

However, if I take my current conscience to that world, I would adapt, and still go along with the killing, but I would be careful to make sure no one tries to kill me. The obvious solution: hide. lol

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I can't even imagine a world like that. We wouldn't be humans if such a world existed.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Fear is the only thing I can think of, hiding all day afraid that someone's gonna shoot you or stab you in the back. Because really, if killing was allowed, we'd just perceive it as normal, and to be honest, I'd also be killing people just for fun in that case.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
we'd all be dead =P what is to stop a parent from killing their child, and such, would that mean that canibalism would also be an okay thing then? so many things can happen, and what of rape? if you were to kill the person THEN rape them, would it be illegal like it is now? if killing was acceptable in this world, i probaly wouldnt be here expressing my opnion, more or less, neither would most of you, the african american race would have been probaly killed off even after MLK JR, and such on, the Nazi never would have been stopped, but probaly looked upon as we look at buisness people walking on the sidewalk, nothing, and I mean NOTHING good would ever come from that, Hitler would probaly have killed us all, OBL would have never been chased and probaly would have ruled with Hitler as well as some of the Asian dictators that started genocides..

Years
Congrats, this is Poll of the Week! *stickies*

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go cry because this world sounds scary. ;___;

Also, you're sharing with another sticky thread a day because that one was posted a day late.

Back