• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
As of now, any ship that pairs with Zorua is in my favorites. That excludes Bianca, Luke, Stephen...
It's Stephan. Any 'ship you say, yet excludes--from the sounds of it--a lot more characters than just three.

And who really 'ships themselves with characters? :[ Like, not in a tongue-in-cheek sorta way (character runs off screaming), but in a I-do-kind-of-wish-they-were-real sorta way (white picket fence)?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I met someone who does, she has pictures of Ash on her phone and she still draws herself with Ash...it is so creepy. I'd link to her DA account for proof, but I'm not that cruel.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I had feelings for Dark Magician Girl when I was like 10, never with a Pokémon character though. I'd ship myself with a character, not sure if anything like, wish they were real or what not.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've seen lots of people ship themselves with Dent. It's annoying, especially since the fanart/fiction is **** and getting in my way. :/

I don't really ship myself with characters seriously lol. More like "eh, if I lived in the PokéVerse then maybe".

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Mew~ said:
I had feelings for Dark Magician Girl when I was like 10, never with a Pokémon character though. I'd ship myself with a character, not sure if anything like, wish they were real or what not.

Oh, who didn't have a crush on her? *eye roll* XD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I was never really a huge fan of people shipping themselves with the Pokemon characters. It's more like a OCC x Favorite character type thing on DeviantArt that gets very popular. It's a bit annoying. I wouldn't mind drawing my Anime self with my favorite character but not like that shipping stuff.

Years
I find it to be meh to be honest. I think that if you ship yourself with a canon character, you automatically become a Sue.

Does anyone ship a Pokemon character or Pokemon with a character from another series/franchise etc?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I find it to be meh to be honest. I think that if you ship yourself with a canon character, you automatically become a Sue.
Mm, not at all. If you're just shipping them with yourself, you don't automatically become someone everyone in your story likes who has awesome powers or something. If you put it into fanfic or similar, it's more likely that your author-insert character will be a Sue, but that's still not because of the person who the character has relations with. It's more because of general character personality (or lack of it).

Does anyone ship a Pokemon character or Pokemon with a character from another series/franchise etc?
No. Crossovers aren't my thing normally, and shipping crossovers especially.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ha. He doesn't need a particular reason, Pokéshipping will always prevail.

/sparking debate.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I know realized debating about Shipping is like debating between religions. Except GodisdeadShipping is our Atheism.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
We all know this place hasn't actually been proper "shipping debates" for most of the time. Mainly more like PA!DCC with slight focus on shipping. :x

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
We all know this place hasn't actually been proper "shipping debates" for most of the time. Mainly more like PA!DCC with slight focus on shipping. :x
Gah, I don't agree with that. Probably around the period Ak47, Jorah and Ruby used to live here. xD; But then that would appear in every thread. But I do think we've had some great discussion around here, honestly.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I'm still here! And I'm not a troll! It's just that the B/W ships don't interest me as much (except anything to do with Zorua and everyone else).

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Wait a minute, I'm still alive? Even though I'm not as active like I use to be, I still check in here whenever I get the chance. As for BW shipping, I'm mainly supporting Cheren and White for the game series. I'm starting to like Ash and Bianca now.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ah, I'm not sure I see them chemistry between Bianca and Ash, other than her managing to push him into water all the time. XD;

I'm sure you can see a cute pair in my avatar. <3

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
One of the newest episodes of BW, I think it was 51 that got me to like them together a bit.

Lol yes those two are adorable.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I hate Bianca. I'd want to punch her if I knew her in real life. But then I want to punch her now, so. I don't like that she's compared to Barry, because Barry is just superior in every way. He is at least funny. She just acts like the stereotypical ditzy blonde, and it's not like we need Ash to get stupider by pairing them up together.

-- Pokeshipping. Not pearl or advanced.

-- Is a lie.

I know realized debating about Shipping is like debating between religions. Except GodisdeadShipping is our Atheism.

I realised this years ago, haha. It's people screaming their opinion at each other and getting into divisive groups that reminds me of religious debate.

Gah, I don't agree with that. Probably around the period Ak47, Jorah and Ruby used to live here. xD; But then that would appear in every thread. But I do think we've had some great discussion around here, honestly.

And Shedinjareese, Fukari, and to an extent, Lornami. I still remember that Obama crossing his legs discussion because I still can't work it out @~@

And I'm not a troll!

This is even more of a lie than Pokeshipping itself. :>

As for BW shipping, I'm mainly supporting Cheren and White for the game series.

I WANT TO SEE CHEREN IN THE ANIME.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I love you Jorah, really. >.<
/you three were the closest to active I could think of really. D:

Bianca is great for entertainment though, those points prove it. xD;

Cheren won't appear in the anime, well at least in my opinion. They've sort of made Trip Cheren anyway. xD;
-------------

POKESHIPPING IS NOT A LIE. Ikarishipping is the only lie I can think of at the moment. But I love it anyway. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back