• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks for the comment on my entry :)

Guys, why you all abuse Staryu?! You make me wanna get one >...<"
btw, it's great :D

I had to restart on my Black and there aren't any better water Pokemon! I decided to make a team of only shiny flawless Pokemon that I'll use In-game and then maybe try some competitive battling =) Never competitively battled before.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Using RNGed Pokemon ingame isn't cool, really. destroys the fun of the game. Well, you can try on Pokemon Online first. Easy way to begin.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hmm.. having spectacular IVs in every stat wouldn't ruin the fun that much, but I was planning on maybe RNGing the same Pokemon with maybe 15 or 16 in all stats or maybe picking a random number for each stat. In the end EV training makes much more of an impact on In-game playing than flawless IVs, which people do EV train their Pokemon for In-game quite a bit.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Random = fun when it comes to ingame, srsly.

D'oh! Missing my frame for my next III Gen abuse by 1, CONSTANTLY...
Flipping%20Tables.jpg

loucas

100% hot
Years
i had missed so much, and i'm going to end up at the bottom if i won't do anything, so for the challenge :l

I CHOOSE...
VENOMOTH!
Violet
48.png

Timid
Lvl 1
31/x/30/31/31/31
Hatch at Pinwheel Forest
Egg Move: Baton Pass

i chose venomoth because it always gets me out off a rough sitch, with quiver dance and baton pass, it's one hell of boost support. and it flutter elegantly, too.​

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Good to see you back, loucas!
You've got very nice Butterfree there! (Venonat looks like Butterfree's pre-evo and Venomoth is more Caterpie-like)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
AWWWW. I love Venonat. It's my favorite Bug and it's so fuzzy and great. -cuddles up with it-

And yeah, using RNG'd Pokemon in-game is kinda...yeeeeeeeah. Haha. But I guess I can't talk because two of my party members in SoulSilver are RNG'd, and another party member in HeartGold is too. Though they were only RNG'd to be shiny, and not have great IVs so I guess that balances that?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh and whoops, forgot to mention this booger.

004.png
058.gif
004.png

Lex / Growlithe (m) lv. 1
Intimidate | Adamant
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Bite, Roar, Flare Blitz, Close Combat ]
-hatched in Castelia City-

Technically my first bp, because Penatrait wanted me to RNG a Growlithe for him. Or at least name it after him. Thank God he didn't want a shiny one lol. o hey the ball matches! n_n

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Been a bit busy with 4th gen abuses lately... this is what I've done:

004.png
375.png
004.png

Metang ♁ Lv. 20
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Stealth Rock, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Trick
Non-Redis

004.png
375.png
004.png

Metang ♁ Lv. 20 ★
Nature: Brave
IVs: 31, 31, 30, 30, 31, 30 Fire 70
Moves: Trick, ThunderPunch, Stealth Rock, Ice Punch
Non-Redis

004.png
375.png
004.png

Metang ♁ Lv. 20 ★
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Stealth Rock, Trick
Non-Redis

004.png
237.png
004.png

Hitmontop (Hitmontop) ♂ Lv. 20
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Mach Punch, Bulk Up
Non-Redis

004.png
248.png
004.png

Tyranitar (Tyranitar) ♀ Lv. 55 ★
Ability: Sand Stream
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Superpower, Outrage, Ice Punch, Stone Edge
Non-Redis

^^ I like HGSS rng <3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I love your Puppy, Sydian!

Mac, I don't get the idea of 30 in Brave Metang's Speed. Could you explain why not 2?

I wasn't going for TR and I never plan on doing TR. :P That's why I went for 30 speed instead of 2.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I read about the set, and seems to be OK, but I would never go with that, honestly. :)

I give up my efforts on Cleffa today, I will restart this abuse tomorrow. To soothe my nerves, I will get a puppy I adore. Be sure to check this post in an hour ;D

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I read about the set, and seems to be OK, but I would never go with that, honestly. :)

I give up my efforts on Cleffa today, I will restart this abuse tomorrow. To soothe my nerves, I will get a puppy I adore. Be sure to check this post in an hour ;D

I have all the sets so it works out just fine xD Just something to try out. I'm done RNGing for today as well, just doing battles to test out my new 'mons. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back