• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pleasure Cruise [Rated 18+]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
Introduction:
Welcome to the S.S. Maria, one of the finest luxury cruise ships you will find anywhere. Thank you for joining us on our voyage. We hope you have found your accommodations satisfactory. Breakfast is served from 6:30 - 11:00 to cater to both early and late risers. Lunch lasts from 11:00 to 3:30, followed immediately by dinner, which will be available until 9:00 PM. Hungry for a midnight snack? We have you covered with our 24-hour room service. And all our chefs have had top notch training from culinary schools around the world. In fact, you will find that the S.S. Maria is outfitted to serve your every need and want.

Regrettably, however, I must inform you of a minor change to our cruise schedule. The S.S. Maria will not be docking at the next port. Actually, the S.S. Maria will not be docking at all. Not until you fulfill certain . . . requirements. Now I understand that you came here for a vacation and are not eager to spend it working. No need to worry. If you recall reading about this cruise in your brochure, you will know that this voyage was to be made unique by its special activities. In other words, all you need to do is play a game the ship will be hosting, and if you are good enough at it we may be able to write the next port back into our schedule.

The rules of the game are as follows:
Each of you will be given the name of one other passenger. Your goal is to kill this passenger. Be aware that someone else is targeting you as well, so keep your guard up. As I stated before, the S.S. Maria is outfitted to serve your every need. While, unfortunately, we were unable to procure any explosives or firearms, fireplace pokers and steak knives are quite effective. Did I mention we have an archery room? And a mini museum with a medieval exhibit? Once you have successfully eliminated your target, you will be given the deceased's target as your new one. We are not barbarians, so we will not ask you to kill until only one person remains. You need only narrow your numbers to two for the game to finish. Also, we are not fans of mindless slaughter. So we ask that the only circumstances under which you kill another person are that they are your given target or they attempt to kill you. Should you choose to disregard this rule, you will be . . . eliminated. Heh.

Teaming up with other players is allowed--even encouraged--though you ought to be careful who you trust.

If you have any questions, simply dial 0 on the phone in your room. Oh, and one more thing: Have fun.

Roleplaying:

Once the characters have joined the roleplay, I will PM you your target and post the room assignments. I will not be joining in the game myself, but will be playing the NPCs and monitoring the ship's activities. In minor instances, you may control the NPCs (ex: ordering food). But for more major plot points, such as attempting to bribe a waiter, please leave the response for me to roleplay (Technically the crew is neutral and cannot help you. But while they will not actually kill for you, some crew members may be persuaded to help set someone up). By talking to the crew members, you can find out more about their personalities and see if/how they might be of use to you.

Since everyone on the ship was essentially expecting a luxury cruise, a highly convincing explanation will be needed to account for anyone bringing any weaponry aboard that is on a level beyond a pocket knife. Furthermore, security would probably take away any questionable items they found prior to boarding (to avoid endangering anyone, naturally).

Occasionally "special events" may occur throughout the roleplay that you may use to your advantage.

Since people will be dying in the roleplay, please be good-natured about your deaths and not too stubborn or unrealistic in your attempts to live. If you see someone charging at you with a knife, feel free to dodge and/or flee. But if you find yourself locked in the oven after being stabbed thirty times and beaten over the head with a frying pan . . . Well, death seems a likely scenario. If I find that reason is not an effective way to decide death in this roleplay, I will switch to a randomizing system.

Because of the particular degree of character interaction involved in this roleplay, being active becomes especially important. I say this half for myself, since I know I have a tendency to disappear from roleplays. But please only sign up if you intend to be an active player in the game. I understand that unexpected circumstances may arise, and at times you may not be able to post as much as others. If you find yourself unable to post on a more extended or permanent level and desire to withdraw from the roleplay, please inform me, and we can arrange with your murderer for your character's demise.

Note: If some of you notice a resemblance between this RP and a certain online game . . . This RP was partially inspired by that game. Since I have never actually played that game, though, hopefully this will be a little different. ^-^;;

Major Crew Members:
The crew members listed below are ones that have specific personalities. Since your character does not know anything about them yet, I will not be posting profiles so that you will not know about them either. Getting to know these people is not a requirement for playing the game, but it has the potential to provide some advantages.

Chef Paul
Doctor Mortimer
Waiter Jack
Waitress Lily
Repairman Will
Twin Workers Sam and Terry (They deliver for room service, clean rooms, etc.)
Captain Fin

Ship layout:

- The ship has five levels. -

The bottom level is used only for storage.

The next level up has people's rooms (numbers 100 - 120) arranged around a roughly U-shaped hall (composed only of straight lines) as well as a boiler room for backup heating and/or power. The stairs are at one end of the U, with a closet across from the stairs at the U's base and the boiler room at the other side of the U base. Lower numbers are closer to the stairs.

The floor above this also consists of rooming (200 - 220) and has a similar layout, but with a theater instead of a boiler room.

The next floor up joins with the main deck and includes the dining hall, ballroom, activities rooms (billiard room, archery room, ping pong room, miscellaneous room), aforementioned miniature museum, kitchen, utilities room, and medical office. It also has a sitting room and a few closets. On the deck outside is a pool.

The fifth/top level has a piece of open deck outside the navigation office. Passengers are not allowed here unless granted permission. This is where records and logs are kept.

Rules:

1. Follow the RP section rules. This includes a minimum of four lines per post and no control over another person's character (a little difficult given the context, but also highly important for the same reasons (context)) unless given specific permission by the character's owner.

2. If you plan to be absent for a significant amount of time (over a week), give prior notice.

3. Obviously this roleplay will include some violence. Creativity is encouraged, but please avoid being too graphic.

4. Minimal cursing, please. Cursing is a wholly realistic response to having a knife placed in your arm, but for the more extreme curses a "@#!$" type of substitute would be appreciated.

5. No attacking the captain or crew (unless they attack you).

Sign-up:

Name: Self-explanatory, less than thirty characters per name
Age: Sorry, but no 5-year old killers. Minimum age is 14.
Gender: Male or female . . . or both, if you want, I guess.
Appearance: At least four lines of description, please. You may have an image in addition, if you so desire, but the written portion is required.
Personality: At least four lines, please.
History: Due to the nature of this roleplay, history may not be as influential as in other RPs. But I find it important to personality and general character quality. So at least three lines, please. Also, include some indication as to why your character has joined the cruise, even if the reason is merely "He was looking for a relaxing vacation," though the reason must be consistent with personality.
Skills: Any noteworthy skills? Though you may include some fighting skills, I would prefer that not everyone be blackbelts in three martial arts and former assassins. Makes the game more interesting. Normal people killing normal people.
Other: ?
RP Sample: Please either type out your sample here or, if is from another RP thread, quote it along with a link to the thread of its origin. Since I want a more thorough view of your RPing style, eight line minimum.

This might be too much to hope for from the Other Roleplay section, but I am hoping for at least seven players. Maximum ten.

------------------------

Pending:
~Iatos_Haunted~

Accepted:
TwilitDusk
Rabbit
Callandor
Captain Blue
JBCBlank
Allelujah Haptism
~|symphony♪
.Sublime
Lostt
Serene
Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen

Sign-ups are closed.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I didn't say anything in the discussion thread, which you really shouldn't have posted seperately FYI, (I left it there though because this section is so dead. x_x) but I have interest in this RP.

Er, finals are over for me in two days, and at that point, I should be able to get a sign-up done, but as of now, y'know. :| It's kind of not possible.

So just a heads up that I'ma be sending a sign-up your way, and that I might take awhile for school issues. D:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
I didn't say anything in the discussion thread, which you really shouldn't have posted seperately FYI, (I left it there though because this section is so dead. x_x) but I have interest in this RP.

Er, finals are over for me in two days, and at that point, I should be able to get a sign-up done, but as of now, y'know. :| It's kind of not possible.

So just a heads up that I'ma be sending a sign-up your way, and that I might take awhile for school issues. D:

Sorry about that. ^-^;; And no problem with the finals. I only recently finished mine myself.

Would I be allowed to sign up as two characters, brother and sister?

Hm. I like the idea, and in a normal RP I would allow it, but I think in this case it would provide too much advantage. Sorry.

Captain Blue

Blue the Justice
Years
I'll be sending a sign-up as well. Probably sometime today. It might take me a bit to decide which character out of the fairly large base of charadters I will use.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Yo, me be sendin SU later. oh and if you are still cheaking the descution thred I put a question that I think you might want to think about.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Done~!

Name: Victor Vien
Appearance: Vic may be far from his youngest years, but at heart and at first glance, he looks nearly an entire decade younger than he actually is. He keeps up a regular schedule at his local gym, toning well-built muscles, keeping slim, and looking young. His manner of dress is that of a teenager, with a long bright green T-shirt with messy black graphics printed across the front and around the back, over a sagging pair of loose, distressed jeans. The jeans sit low on his waist, but are held tightly in place from slipping any further with a studded leather belt. On his feet are a pair of black skater shoes with neon blue laces, tied across the sneaks in bars. His slender face has sharp and narrow features give him a somewhat menacing look when combined with his general look, but his hair is cut short, styled just so that the longest strands fall between his eyes and barely obstruct the vision in his left eye, which is a bright powdery blue. His right eye- almost black in color- is situated directly below the part in his dyed, reddish black hair, and thus leaves him a free line of vision. He wears two bracelets on his right wrist; One made of bicycle chains, and the other of generic chain links. A necklace matching the first bracelet lies flat around Vic's neck, a sterling silver skull hanging from the middle. On his right middle finger is stainless steel ring that reaches the first joint, the word "T R I C K Y" engraved into the steel platings.

Personality: Very much like a teenager in appearance, Vic acts like one as well. A young man who lucked out when his wealthy grandparents passed away, Vic has yet to see a need to grow out of his attitude, spending most of his time hanging out in auto shops with his crew. His normal pattern of speech is that of a west side ghetto kid, but if he really finds it necessary, he'll revert to regular grammar and drop the accent. He looks like the type of guy who'd be the first to mug you on the streets, but he's an incredible amiable guy, easy to talk to and easy to get along with. Vic is the first to try something new, and he's always looking for an adventure, something to kill time with, or just something to add to his life story. He hates pessimistic people, and he always tries his best to lighten the mood whenever he can. Though he could probably bust someone's skull, Vic hates fighting the most, and it's one of the few things that can get his temper riled- and when his temper is up, he'll seem exactly the way his image presents him, talking with his usual abbreviations and tacking on extra words no matter who he's with. The touchiest subject for Vic by far is his age. Though all his friends are his age as well, he hates growing older, because the idea, for him, says that someday, he'll have to grow up and leave behind his fun. And fun is what Victor Vien lives for.

History: Being the youngest of three brothers, the least was expected of Vic when it came to responsibilities and work. As such, he often spent times running off the leash, meeting people who he'd probably have been better off never meeting, and at times, meeting people whom he'd be tight with for the rest of his life. His flexibility and desire for new things launched him into dancing- mostly street dancing. He wasn't the type to limit himself just because of his image though- He tried all kinds, watching in on ballet, jazz, even tap- which he learned wasn't really his cup of tea. But trying things out first was always his way to do things. He was the first to visit his cranky grandparents, ignoring the cautions of his olders siblings that the old coot would chew him out alive. It was in this way that Vic managed to somehow become a major inheritor of his grandfather's fortune after the man's death. Practically set for life, Vic resolved to try one big experience every year- but lay low on the cash for the rest of the year, except for his grandfather's anniversary, in which he would spent a portion of his "me time" money in order to renovate the grave and set up new offerings. On his 26th birthday, he decided that the next time there was a lull in activity on the streets and he found himself bored, he would book a ride on a cruise. His "big" experience for the year. And he somehow ended up on the S.S. Maria, ready to relax and find some civilized people for just a little while of his life.

Skills: Vic is an excellent dancer, primarily spending time on break dancing and hip hop, though he has a general understanding of the steps of quite a handful of other dances as well.

Other: ?

RP Sample: Dimitri's expression was one of a lightly surprised look as he shifted his foot, turning the skyboard around to face the grief-stricken but otherwise young looking girl. (A soldier? Above grounders. Absolutely no regard for age.) However many surprise attacks, anything involving violence seemed to have very little effect on him. His hands casually set in his pockets, Dimitri tilted his head to look at the spear jutting through Yuki's chest, bringing it back upright when it was removed. As far as Dimitri could tell, he would live. Unless he was as pretty-rich-boy as he seemed, in which he would simply bleed to death and be done with his apparently not-so-happy life. Standing silently on his skyboard, he looked over his shoulders, checking to see if there was possibly any other raving mad soldier left in grief and despair running up to stab him in the back. Nope. No one that he could see, thank goodness. While he failed to bring his entire head to face the new enemy, Dimitri's eyebrows raised ever so slightly when he slid his gaze back to the scene. He slid off his skyboard, leaning his elbows on the smooth surface. Seeing that this would be yet another hold-up that might take some time, he wasn't really interested in putting unesseccary strain on his most precious possession. And besides, the two iron pipes he'd brought with him ran across the sides of the skyboard. With his arms like this, it would be easier to whip them out and catch the tip of the spear in it's hollow confines if the mad-woman decided to attack. He let his eyes move to Pethalamine as she spoke, listening quietly but not really understanding what she meant.

"You know, I'm surprised that, given how easy you are to distract, you haven't led us straight into a sneak attack yet!"

Hidden message? Nothing of the sort, to Dimitri. If anyone wanted to get through a thickheaded person like him, they needed to wink first, and give him at least five minutes to think it through. "Come on guys, chill out for a second! She wants us to answer her questions, so before another one of us," 'With more worth to the goodness of humanity, unlike mister ego on the floor over there,' Dimitri added to himself, as he looked around at his temporary companions, "gets attacked, let's let the little lady calm down, y'know?" Turning back to Saria he smiled and tried to think back on what she'd asked, accidentally rambling off yet again.

"Well, Miss, we didn't do anything to these soldiers, other than gawk a bit. And quite honestly, I think it's rather hypocritical of you to be having a huge fit over your father's death, considering that your friends and possibly, yourself, were all stampeding through town killing every person in sight left and right. Did you think that all the people in town have absolutely no relation with each other? Did you think that none of the bodies in the river don't have a family? I mean, I'm very sorry about your father and I don't mean to be rude but you really should think it through before you go around stabbing people." Dimitri took a second look at the girl's face however and heaved a heavy sigh, "…Not that you look like you've got any inclination to think about it, let alone listen to me…. But you seem interested in answers, so back to your questions. Please pay attention if it's convenient."

"First, 'who are we'. Well we're just various people, some who came for the festival the soldiers spoiled, me a resident of the town, my place trampled by a bunch of strangers, and well they have their own little story that isn't involved with this mess. Then, what we did to your friends… We didn't do squat to your comrades, but I'm assuming your comrades are those dead people over there? Oh wait if they are, I take that back." The punk-teen rubbed his chin, remembering how he met Soren, Yuki, and Miki to begin with. "I accidentally ran into one awhile back with my skyboard because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. We don't know who your father is, so we- or at least, I, don't have any motive for killing him; therefore, unless he's the guy I ran into earlier- which, I'm very sorry if that was your old man- we didn't kill him, it was probably someone else who's also running for their lives, or possibly a mutiny?"

Dimitri's lack of being in a peaceful environment for half of his life was definitely shining through by the sheer fact that he was as calm as still water, even after someone who was supposed to be his comrade, albeit disagreeable, was near-fatally or fatally stabbed. "So if the guy I killed was your dad, then it's my fault, not the pretty boy on the floor over there. Actually someone should probably tend to that hole in his torso…"

Last edited:

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Name: Zephaniah Xylon

Appearance: Zeph has short black hair, but usualy ware's a black bandana with a white lotis pattern, so you don't see his hair much of the time. He has a red and black sleeveless shirt under a black silk t-shirt with Bruce Lee and a Chinese dragon on it. He also wares blue jeans. He wares brown sandals. No socks. He has a rather large body weighing around 250 lbs, but he is tall for his age and because of that his weight is distrubuted evenly enough so that he doesn't not look to big. When off his medicine he is alawys scowling. The only time he smiles is when he is thinking evil thoughts, and then his smile is filled with malice. His eyes are, strangely, a crystal blue color. They would be consitered beautiful if it weren't for the malice and hate on his face.

Personality: He has extreme paranoia. And I don't mean stuff like the aliens are after him. And not nessaceraly every one is out to get him. I mean stuff like eneryone is out to get everyone else. He sees scheming evey where. So he himself started schemeing. It's so extreme that he mastered the art of trap making (through detailed books), and boobie traped his whole house one time. More on that in history. He takes medicine for it though. When on his medicine he is a major wimp and compleatly dependent on others to do anything. Can't do a thing by him self, like even simple problem solving. When off his medicine he is not only paranoid but extremely inteligent, and compleatly independent. Dispite the paranoia though, he has enough common sence to relize that locking himself up will accoplish nothing (when hes not on his pills). And concitters it his duty to stop the schemeing at any cost.

History: As said above he's lived his whole life with an extreme case of paranoia. At age 13 it became so bad that he boobie traped his whole house while his family was out. It took the local bomb squad to get rid of all the traps. After that incedent he was taken to the doctor to see if they could do any thing about it. The doctor give him some kind of liquid tablet that he has to take every 5 hours. Because it made him so dependant on others for so many things, he had to be home schooled, and even had to stay with his family after the age 18. At age 17 he actualy went for 10 hours without taking his medicine. It ended with his grandma and grandpa dead. After that he figured out how to fake being on it. After 3 years, to his family, it looked like he was getting better. So to celibrate, they sent him on a cruse. This cruse.

Skills: Master Trap Maker (so long as he has his tools that is)

Other: Often has an intence craving for breaded chickin. He also has ADD.

RP Sample: Zeph was so hungry. He had never been this hungry before. He couldn't remember the last time he ate or what food tasted like. Zeph had been starving for about four weeks before today, unable to find any food in the ruins of his old neighborhood. He was on the knifes edge of starvation. Only a few more hours before he died. Then he heard voices. Too weak to do anything he just lay their, eyes open though they might as well have been closed.

"Man, are you sure this is the guy were looking for? He looks like he's half starved to death," said one guy.

"More like three-fourths starved. Come on lets get him back to the base before he keels over," said the other one.

They picked him up and carried back to the RumbleRena base. An hour later Zeph awoke to the smell of…. Something he didn't quite recognize in a small room with nothing but a small table, the bed he was in and a door, but as soon as he realized what the smell was, he shot up out of the bed he was in. Food, it was food. He saw a bowl of oatmeal on the table, and immediately began eating. When he was done with it, he saw five more bowls on another table in a corner and ran over and began scarfing down all of them. He felt like something was wrong, but couldn't put his finger on it or even find enough reason to care. I have FOOD! He thought.Half way through the third bowl though he found reason to care. Behind him the door had opened to admit nearly thirty armed soldiers. As soon as Zeph realized that, he activated his Alter power, spun around and clapped. With the use of his power he not only amplified it but shot it at ten different soldiers. All ten dropped dead from burst vital organs.

"Halt!" yelled someone still in the hall. He pushed through to the front and with all the soldiers still pointing guns at Zeph said "I want you to participate in some kind of…..game, yes that's it, a game. You will be fighting artificial Alter users. How does that sound? We will of course provide you with food and shelter."

At first Zeph was doubtful, but was remedied of that as soon as he said Zeph would have food. Food. Finally food for sure. I'll never starve again. "So all I have to do is fight some factory rejects and I'll get food?"

"Yes," said the man.

Zeph thought he might like this arrangement. After all his father always used to say that a dead fake is a good fake.

Done(I hope)

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
Lostt removed from reservation list upon request.

Allelujah Haptism: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT], awaiting profile completion. By the way, may I change this RP's discussion thread in the lounge to an OOC thread?

Callandor: What you have so far is a fair start. But although you met my line minimum, the nature of your character brings up a few questions. Mostly I wonder where he learned to make traps and why someone who is either paranoid or highly dependent came to the cruise (I forgot to include that question in the sign-up. ^-^;;). If you expand on and explain the points you already have in your profile and RP sample, I think you might be alright. For the moment, [S-HIGHLIGHT]pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

-------------------------

On that note, I edited the "History" section of the sign-up with the following: "Also, include some indication as to why your character has joined the cruise, even if the reason is merely 'He was looking for a relaxing vacation,' though the reason must be consistent with personality."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Name: Ken (Real first name Hiken) Kuroyami or Inaba (Real first name Hiken) Shinjin (real last name Kuroyami)

Appearance: Ken has two normal outfits he changes between each day, and a suit for formal occasions packed. In addition, he has a Kendo uniform. His first pair of casual clothes is a white T-Shirt with black sleeves, and a small brand name and emblem on a chest pocket. His second outfit is the same colors as the first, but reversed - a black T-shirt with white sleeves. They are from the same brand. In either shirt, he wears a pair of blue jeans. His tuxedo and Kendo outfit are just standard ones without anything that makes them stand out at all. He has dark, spiky black hair, and black eyes. When he is "Inaba", he reverses the direction of the spikes, making them come forward from the back, instead of go backward from the front. He is fairly well-built from Kendo training, but not so much so that it seems out of place, as he's pretty tall, too.

Personality: Ken's a fairly easygoing person once you get him to relax, but usually comes off as somewhat distant and uptight. However, his second personality, Inaba, is somewhat more dangerous. He is as hot-blooded as Ken is cold, and as outgoing as Ken is easygoing. Which one you get along with depends on your own personality. However, both Ken and Inaba can pull off fairly decent impressions of the other. The one thing that both sides share is the idea that people should listen to them becuase they're more well off than others. When Ken and Inaba work together, they're at their best, however, due to their difffering views, it often hinders them.

History: Ken is a Japanese student with a talent for Kendo. After winning his most recent tounament, his parents surprised him with a cruise - he was from a very rich family, anyway. He has a split personality who calls himself Inaba, and is th opposite of Ken in most respects, though he shares a few fundamental traits. The most notable of these are that Inaba nad Ken are both equally skilled at Kendo, and they both believe themsleves to be a bit above others who are not as rich as them. This isn't a common thing to notice, but it still exists.

Skills: Other than his talent for Kendo, there is really nothing much to be mentioned. Inaba is an very fast runner, however, something that Ken lacks for an unknown reason.

Other: Has split personalities.

RP Sample:

Inaba gave a ridiculously cheesy grin, the kind that, in an anime, would have a dumb pose and sparkling teeth to go along with it. His hair was then blown back by a turn of the breeze, which instantly killed his mood. He looked like Ken when it faced that way. Quickly turning around so that it would stop blowing it the wrong direction, Inaba sighed. As long as the ship had headwinds, he couldn't look out at the sea if front of them... so instead he took to surveying the rest of the deck around him.

Ken looked over the people with an apathetic eye, brushing the hair back as it was blown the wrong way. He hated it like this... it kept getting in his face, and slightly hindering his vision. There was no one he could deem even remotely interesting to talk to, so he turned back to the ocean in front of them, staring back out at it as the oncoming wind blew his hair out of his eyes. Smiling by slightly turning up one corner of his mouth, Ken sighed happily. He hadn't felt this much at peace in a very long time...

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Darn, I hope that all the slots aren't taken! I'll have a sign up soon, please reserve me a spot.

Captain Blue

Blue the Justice
Years
I've already been talking to you (Kogenta) about my sign-up, so I should have a reserved slot until I post the sign-up here, right?

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Name: Linda Clennell

Appearence: Aunt Linda is an 'older' lady with dark, staring eyes and a perpetually startled expression. THe mass of wrinkles on her face give her gravity. She has a plump, compact figure. Her hair is straight and brown with greying streaks in an unfashionable cut above her shoulders, sometimes in a short ponytail. She dresses in colourful wooly knit sweathers and sweeping skirts, sometimes trousers but never jeans. She wears comfortable brown shoes that she can jog in.

Personality: Aunt Linda is a well-meaning busybody. She keeps a wide circle of aquaintances through the time-honoured tradition of tea parties and gossip. Although her joints are getting stiff and she takes pills for her heart, she gets around without anyone's help. She lives alone in a one-bedroom townhouse on her schoolteacher's pension and what William sends her and keeps busy at home by organizing community groups and pottering around the garden. She sees no reason to step down to the younger generation. 64 isn't old, it's 'older'. Sometimes she works on small watercolours, but her dexterity isn't what it used to be. She enjoys reading and has a large bookshelf with poetry (Yeats and Eliot) and Shakesperean classics, but her favourite are paperback novels like Agatha Christie. She hates thinking ill of other people. Her impulse is to treat everyone under thirty like her children (or grandchildren) and tries to give them good advice. To strangers she may come off as a kindly, nosy, harmless old lady. Not capable of killing anyone.

History: Retired English teacher and some-time watercolour artist. Her watercolours are, to be frank, nothing special, but she is rather vain about them and very appreciative if anyone takes an interest in her work.

She has an adopted son named William who is very fond of her and has produced two grandkids, a boy and a girl. Her husband died in Vietnam. She's very proud of him, but also enjoys her status as a respectable widow. Bringing up William alone wasn't easy, but nothing is.

Her doctor has recommended a vacation, since she stresses easily over little things and is hectically busy within her community (Block Watch, newsletters, that sort of thing). William is paying for the
cruise.

Other: If anyone else makes a character over 30, I'll eat my hat. :P

RP sample:

The door opened instantly, as if the man behind it had been waiting for their arrival. In the poor light you could only make out his black hair and alert, grey-green eyes. He smiled at both visitors, saluted the lady, and ushered both in without saying a word, shutting the door behind them, and drawing the chain as they entered the dim hallway.

The one bare lightbulb on the living room's ceiling made the apartment look like a tornado cellar. The walls were bare, there was no furniture, no decorations except for the dusty horizontal blinds on the far window. The air was nearly as cold as the winter night outside. Once the light was turned off the apartment would look as if no one had been there, aside from, perhaps, the footprints on the carpet.

The man who'd opened the door was young, dressed for winter in a dark buttoned coat, and evidently in a good mood. Bringing his visitors through the entrance he'd stooped a little, though he wasn't tall, then stomped into the living room. Turning, looked his charges over with evident curiosity. "You look like you've been on the run. Is somebody going to come busting in through that door? We'd better hurry, then, the cab's out back. Patio entrance."

(much too brief, I know. I'll be more thorough in the roleplay.)

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
TwilitDusk: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

~|symphony♪: Spot [S-HIGHLIGHT]reserved[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Captain Blue: I listed you under [S-HIGHLIGHT]pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT], which is vaguely similar to reserved, but . . . different. (I am not particularly articulate tonight. ^-^;;)

Rabbit: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

raven_emblem: Sorry, but your character will need more depth and your sample more quality for acceptance. For now, your sign-up is [S-HIGHLIGHT]rejected[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. (If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Thank you!

So, is there another thread for RPing, or has it not started yet, or what?

Captain Blue

Blue the Justice
Years
Well, I finished ironing out some details with Kogenta, and here is the final version of the Sign-Up.

Name: Gregor Aurion
Appearance: Gregor has reddish-brown hair, which has an overall shine to it and a possible bedhead look. His eyes are brown, and his skin tone is negligibly more pale than most people. His skin is soft, and his hands are delicate, right down to the untarnished fingernails. He sports a green sleeveless vest on top of a white longsleeve t-shirt with a blue rounded collar and single blue band on the lower part of the right shoulder blade area. He has a brown messenger bag with the sash strap...thing...that people used to use for messenger bags. Below that are a pair of blue jeans and a pair of brown low-top shoes that have obviously been used to run for a long time.
Personality: Gregor is about as nice a man you could ever meet. He's against violence in all forms, preferring to talk things out, and will do no more than push someone out of his way in terms of aggression. Overall, not a good murderer...until you open his messenger bag. Opening the bag is like opening Pandora's box. Inside the bag is a doll's head very much resembling Gregor's ...but with a very twisted expression. Once the bag is opened, Gregor becomes a being with one objective: murder as many people as gruesomely as possible. Although he might be able to kill someone right away, he often prefers to stalk the target first. Once the murders are over, the murderous Gregor may or may not shut the bag, which returns Gregor to his innocent persona.
History: Gregor was a happy boy with a happy family...or so it seemed. Throughout Gregor's life he has seen several gruesome images. He saw a friend of his get abducted after a day at school. He followed the abductors, only to find that she was being raped. When he went through some of his father's old videos, the played videos were snuff films involving explicit gore and extreme torture of the human body. These are only a few examples, as he has always been seemingly cursed with being at the wrong place at the wrong time. However, he pushed those images into the back of his mind, where they would simply lie dormant until one day he became unstable, and the murderer within him emerged. Fighting this killing machine was the peaceful Gregor, who, for once in his life, at least within his mind, grabbed a chainsaw and decapitated the evil Gregor, stuffing the head into a messenger bag, as he could not throw away a part of himself. When he awoke the next day, he found that he had the same bag from that experience, with a doll's head resembling the evil persona's face inside, torn off a doll of himself he received as a child while he was asleep. Whenever the bag is opened, the evil mind takes over. The violent persona has caused Gregor to appear in several newspaper headlines due to mass murders. The police, SWAT Team, even the FBI has gotten in on locating him. However, due to the fact that no one has lived to see Gregor's face before they were killed, he has never been found. He took the cruise because he believed he would be able to relax, make friends, and have a joyous time away from the city, where crime is rampant.
Skills: Gregor, at least the man of peace, is incapable of violence, only able to shove someone out of his way. However, he seems to have near-infinite stamina when running away from something, and thus has the advantage when a would-be assailant misses his mark. The murderous monster, however, is able to take regular objects, such as a plastic bag, a pair of wire cutters, or even a flashlight, and murder someone with some grotesque or brutalizing method. He hides well in the shadows, and although he can fight hand-to-hand, he's not good at it. The body itself is also fairly weak regardless of which persona. People of heavy or muscular builds will easily be able to restrain him and win any physical confrontation, and the body does not take well to damage. However, the killer can simply work through the pain sometimes, or just go to a medical bay, take some painkillers, and be on his way. Other than that, no major skills.
RP Sample: Karim looked around, inspecting the monsters. Five skeletons, their bones shaking possibly due to anticipation of their next kill. "And here I thought I had gotten away when those inferior beings stopped chasing me.", he joked. He glanced at the green bracelet on his hand, and pondered the idea of using it. "Worth a shot.", he supposed. Pressing his right thumb onto the fingerprint scanner, and his body glowed bright, "blinding" the skeletons to keep them from attacking. The vest changed colors and became armored, as did the shirt. Karim felt his body becoming more agile as his shorts, socks, and sandals changed into the appropriate armor pieces. The feeling of pure freedom struck Karim's mind when a pair of wing-like objects emerged from his back. "Speed, freedom...now all that is required is the power.", said Karim, as the helmet formed around his head. He opened his palms, and a pair of mana swords formed. The transformation was complete, and the glowing had subsided.

The skeletons, however, were not incapacitated, and were instead enraged at the delay. Two skeletons looked at each other, nodded a stiff nod, and charged at Karim.

"It's now or never. Let's see what this new me can do!" He planted his feet on the ground, and glanced at the side briefly. Before he knew it, he was already there.

The two skeletons were bewildered by the sudden movement. However, the state did not last, as they searched for their target, who had just moved again. Every time they changed directions, he had already moved elsewhere, until the two felt themselves being a bit lighter...before they fell to the ground, the both of them sliced clean in half. The remaining three turned tail to run, but realized they had an easier method of retreating. They collapsed in a large pile of bones that sank into the sand.

"You'd better run! Next time I see you or any of your kind, there won't be survivors!", exclaimed Karim, in an appropriate egotistical tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back