• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen King & Queen! [December 2017]

Do you prefer the male or female side of the Nidoran family?

• [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/32/Spr_1b_032.png[/img][img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/up

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/48/Spr_1b_029.png[/img][img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/up

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Years
KING & QUEEN!
First Generation's Monthly Poll [December 2017]
Welcome to the First Generation's December Monthly Poll! The purpose of these are simple - provide a monthly question relating to the First Generation, and of course, you provide us with your answers and thoughts! If you have any ideas for future questions, feel free to shoot me a message!

...Now, time for this month's question!

"Which of the Nido lines do you prefer? The male or female side of the line!"

Nidoran, Nidorino/Nidorina, and Nidoking/Nidoqueen are a family of "poison pin" Pokémon. Both families can be found in both games, yet the Nidoran♂ is found easiest in Red, while the Nidoran♀ family is more easily found in Blue.

Nidoking is also a more attack focused Pokémon, while Nidoqueen orients towards being a more defensive Pokémon.

Which family do you prefer? Have you ever used one of them in a run? Let us know!

8d89a4afaa1940856e36c7f299abbcf6086f05f1_hq.gif

CSS by Achromatic

Last edited:
Years
I like both. I've always been more drawn to queen though because of that brilliant blue color scheme. I like her bearing too. She looks more calm, proud and well more queen-like, a mother ready to protect her young. Its such a contrast to her outraged mate, and I guess that makes them a neat complement to one another because they are so different in their visual syle as well as what roles they would occupy on your team.

While she may not be a "better" Pokemon than the king, she usually suits my needs a little better. More often I am in need of her bulk than his offensive capabilities, but they're both great.

Nidoqueen seems to be one of those pair pokemon that is overshadowed by the other Pokemon. Like Gardevoir being more beloved than Gallade I think more people use Nidoking over Nidoqueen. So I am really happy to talk about her this time and give her my vote. This loyal lady needs some love too!

Last edited:
Years
Nidoran♀ was first Pokemon that I ever caught. I also like her design more. It's more fancy and suited for the Queen title. Nidoking's design is more of the Warrior. I would like to see Mega versions of them. I imagine they would look similar to Tyranitar's Mega.

Competitive talking, I used both of them and if I remember correctly, I used almost same sets on them. I think Nidoking was little better. But I still prefer Nidoqueen XD

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Have used both (and felt that Queen fits me more) but King just looks cooler.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Used both in Kanto games, both are fantastic. Though Nidoking like others have said, looks cooler.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I've always used Nidoqueen, though Nidoking isn't bad at all. I do remember not knowing that there were two separate Nidorans so I got mad because the one I had didn't evolve into the one I wanted lol.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Nidoqueen for me if I had to pick between the two. Reason why is that Nidoqueen(if evolved from Nidorina prior to level 23) learns Body Slam, one of the better Normal moves in Generation 1. While her Attack value doesn't quite surpass NidoKing's, Body Slam is pretty much the best move either one learns naturally.

Years
Looks like Nidoking is winning so far. I myself prefer Nidoking too, love its design and superior strength in battle.
They're a bit hard to find for me since I normally play Blue ha.

Last edited:

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
I prefer Queen over King but I also prefer Nidorino to Nidorina... but if we are talking end game I would choose Queen.

Back