• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Apex Version

What should I call the game?

• Peak Version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Give Ideas In Comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
PaYMIZa.png

Welcome To Pokemon Apex

Introduction

Hello Pokemon Fans! This, as you can tell, is Pokemon Apex! This fan made game built in RPG Maker XP has been in development for close to 2 years. The Main Developer(Dillon) started this as a side project, and later recruited me to help. Since I jumped on the Dev Team, we have made better progress. I hope for you guys to stick around till the end! ~Harvey

Story

Journey to the all new region Apicem! Located near Hoenn, You will see all the Classic Generations of Pokemon with Revamped Graphics. Now, you start out as an adventurous 16 year old on your birthday. You Notice a present on your table, which includes a brand new Pokedex! after talking to your mother, who give you Running Shoes and your PokéAura, you go to Visit Professor Linden who is going to give you a Pokemon. But the machine is broke! How will you get your Pokemon?

Updates​

Latest | 0.72a | 31/03/14: Got someone working on a soundtrack :)

Previous | 0.72a | 11/02/14: I'll have the latest version up for download as soon as possible guys :D Stay Tuned.

And here it is! Still very broken but its progress! Download

0.68a | 09/02/14: REBOOT - I'm back to working on Apex. How much I don't know. But hopefully enough to actually release something to you guys.

In other news, I have a functioning install wizard that should be automatic and also allow you to install a new version which will just overwrite the old one.

But yeah, progress is being made again. :P

Older Updates:
Spoiler:

World Map​

u2erp.png
Thank you Niknaks for making our world map!​

Introducing the Heroes!

29y43sw.png
108icrn.png

Maps, Screenshots, and Videos

Spoiler:

Credits

Testers

Support Banner

If you guys could help spread the word a bit that would also be great. Thanks.
2yoy6ie.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7298335#post7298335"][IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2yoy6ie.png[/IMG][/URL]
ExcxBKC.gif

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7298335#post7298335"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ExcxBKC.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
hi can someone remove the poll completely off the page (if thats possible) and change the name to

"[RMXP] Pokémon Apex Version" instead of "[RMXP] Pokémon Apicem Version"?

I just decided on that name just now so if someone could do that, it would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Updates (For anyone who is actually looking at the thread)

UPDATE: (For anyone who is actually looking at the thread)
  • The Pokégear is now replaced by the 'Aurora Gear' (or another good name if anyone can help me think)
  • The game is now called Pokémon Apex Version

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
UPDATE: (For anyone who is actually looking at the thread)
  • The Pokégear is now replaced by the 'Aurora Gear' (or another good name if anyone can help me think)
  • The game is now called Pokémon Apex Version

What bout Sticking with the Poké[NAME] theme?

• PokéBoy (refering GameBoy's?)
  • PokéBuddy (Every Trainer's Helping buddy)
  • PokéAurora? (sticking with your Aurora?)

TheMrQuit

Egg: It's going to hatch soon!
Years
My opinion

I would like to help you giving some advices, even if i'm only a new user here. You asked why people are not interested in your project and i think it's because you have just uploaded yours. Also you should really think about a storyline and something that makes your game different and unique, because there are a ton of fangames (all in development, just one or two completed) about pokemon, so unless you have a good idea AND your game is far enough in development, you won't get much interest. I mean, look at the first games in the showcase: either they are completed or they looks graphically stunning or have unique concepts.

But don't give up! This can be a good way for you to start and you'll get better and better. "Practise makes perfect." They say.

So, good luck with your game! :)

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
What bout Sticking with the Poké[NAME] theme?

• PokéBoy (refering GameBoy's?)
  • PokéBuddy (Every Trainer's Helping buddy)
  • PokéAurora? (sticking with your Aurora?)

These are actually quite good. I don't want to do PokéBuddy because it's a bit too far for my liking. :D

PokéBoy sounds good but it could end up seeming out of place if I decide to change the game to a different style. (e.g. from Emerald tilesets to HG/SS tilesets)

PokéAurora is good though. that could work. I might make it something else shorter like PokéAura or something similar.

As for the tiles, do you think I should go double screen and do HG/SS or D/P style? I think if I went with one of these, I would have a bigger choice of tiles and features.

I would like to help you giving some advices, even if i'm only a new user here. You asked why people are not interested in your project and i think it's because you have just uploaded yours. Also you should really think about a storyline and something that makes your game different and unique, because there are a ton of fangames (all in development, just one or two completed) about pokemon, so unless you have a good idea AND your game is far enough in development, you won't get much interest. I mean, look at the first games in the showcase: either they are completed or they looks graphically stunning or have unique concepts.

But don't give up! This can be a good way for you to start and you'll get better and better. "Practise makes perfect." They say.

So, good luck with your game! :)

Thanks for the support. I would just like to say that the reason it isn't graphically stunning or detailed is because I need people to help me. :) I'm sure Nintendo didn't hire one guy to sit at a desk and develop Black and White. So all i'm asking is for a few people who can maybe help me get this a little further. If you know anyone who can help, please tell them about this. Thanks.

UPDATE: I'm changing to HGSS style so I will reupload the screenshots in the new style soon. I will also redraw the map or get NikNaks to do it in a HGSS style.

Last edited:

TheMrQuit

Years
Help

Unfortunately i don't know someone who can really help you. :(
Changing sprites to HGSS is really a good idea: it will give the game a more professional look. I think you may want to discard the idea of fakemons unless you are (or you find) a really good spriter. Custom tilesets and pokemons are good only if they are well made, because thay have to fit with the Nintendo's ones, which is not an easy task, really! I'm sorry i can't be of better help, but i'm not good at anything because i haven't tried anything. Maybe i could be a mapper, but i'm not sure... :knockedou

P.S.:The banner of your game looks good an the title screen is good too!

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Unfortunately i don't know someone who can really help you. :(
Changing sprites to HGSS is really a good idea: it will give the game a more professional look. I think you may want to discard the idea of fakemons unless you are (or you find) a really good spriter. Custom tilesets and pokemons are good only if they are well made, because thay have to fit with the Nintendo's ones, which is not an easy task, really! I'm sorry i can't be of better help, but i'm not good at anything because i haven't tried anything. Maybe i could be a mapper, but i'm not sure... :knockedou

I think you may be right. I should just use the Hoenn Pokémon for this since this region is supposed to be close to Hoenn.

P.S.:The banner of your game looks good an the title screen is good too!

Thanks! I have been slowly practising Photoshop for the past few months and I think I'm getting okay at it.

Last edited:

TheMrQuit

Years
Dual screen?

I found this really useful site which is the wikia for Pokemon essentials and there is a tutorial about a dual/touch screen here (Cannot post link because i haven't made enough post: just search pokemon essentials wikia and inside the site search for dual screen).

Anyway i think i can come with some decent ideas for a storyline, i'll tell you if i will.

Also, you are in my signature! Congrats! :D

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Thanks

I found this really useful site which is the wikia for Pokemon essentials and there is a tutorial about a dual/touch screen here
Thanks. I think I saw that page at some point but I wasn't planning on using it then. I guess I'll have a look at it again. Also, yeah if you do have any ideas for some story events, PM me and we will talk.

Also, you are in my signature! Congrats!
Thanks! That will really help me. :)

Last edited:

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
UPDATE: The screenshots are now updated to use the HGSS tiles. I've also included a screenshot of (what will probably be) the first town.

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Updates (For anyone who is actually looking at the thread)

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy lately. I will try to get a preview of the PokéAura out soon. I'm also thinking about scrapping the Dual Screen idea. It's much harder than I expected and the ways I have tried that were slightly successful make the game look a bit crappy. Thoughts on this?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy lately. I will try to get a preview of the PokéAura out soon. I'm also thinking about scrapping the Dual Screen idea. It's much harder than I expected and the ways I have tried that were slightly successful make the game look a bit crappy. Thoughts on this?

um, I never personally liked the whole dual screen thing, its probably just me, as you can use it for various things, but to me, this is on a computer, so I honestly see no reason for a dual screen xDD
but anyway, good luck!

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
um, I never personally liked the whole dual screen thing, its probably just me, as you can use it for various things, but to me, this is on a computer, so I honestly see no reason for a dual screen xDD
but anyway, good luck!

i think you're probably right. i don't see the need. its just because i was thinking about the battle GUI. anyway, i've tried dual screen but its way too hard to script.

Years
A dual screen is pointless for a computer.

I like that you have used a unique idea for the beginning of the players journey.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
Why not start it differently? why not make it so the character wakes up in forest some place, with a Pokédex? at that point you could choose the name and gender. Then you find you are not alone, and that there is a pokémon beside you. (then you could choose that too) and your story should be to find out who u really are find that pokemon? or something.. i dunno i dont really play the games or know much about the new pokémon. lol just an idea :)

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Why not start it differently? why not make it so the character wakes up in forest some place, with a Pokédex? at that point you could choose the name and gender. Then you find you are not alone, and that there is a pokémon beside you. (then you could choose that too) and your story should be to find out who u really are find that pokemon? or something.. i dunno i dont really play the games or know much about the new pokémon. lol just an idea :)

Hey, voyager xD. Yeah that sounds quite good, although I think I have gotten far enough in my game to be at a loss if I changed the story-line. But if I ever make another game after Apex, this sounds like a good idea to use.

Back