• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
It's a bit late. Just a bit. But I'll start my Journal of what I've done so far, and what's my party. xD;;
I've beaten the Elite Four recently, and...
They were... surprisingly easy.
Spoilers from now on, I'll put a tag just in case.
Spoiler:

So far, this is my party. A special party, prepared just for the final boss. Which includes Reshiram. Yeah, I'm taking him out after the final boss.

Samurott ( Richter )
Level 52 - Hardy
Aqua Tail / Water Pulse / Hydro Pump / Razor Shell

Reshiram
Level 52 - Naive
DragonBreath / Slash / Extrasensory / Fusion Flare

Sawsbuck ( Chopper )
Level 52 - Quiet
Nature Power / Energy Ball / Double-Edge / Horn Leech

Zebstrika ( Lenoir )
Level 51 - Jolly
Quick Attack / Wild Charge / Flame Charge / Spark

Mienshao ( Mei-Lien )
Level 53 - Mild
Jump Kick / Strength / Drain Punch / Force Palm

Unfezant ( Pidgeon )
Level 51 - Mild
Fly / Razor Wind / Air Slash / Quick Attack

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Well, it's official. B/W is the most unchallenging Pokemon game ever. I have beaten the E4 + N + Ghetsis with an under-levelled team. o_O

The only people I had troubled with was with Grimsley, because I don't have anything that is good against Dark-types, but then I manage to beat this guys (and the E4) without repeating and restarting. I beat them all in one go.

N was, um, meh. The most challenging was his Klinklang. Uh, yeah.

Ghetsis was also quite easy, until, yeah, his Hydreigon shows up. Good thing my Serperior saved the day. I swear, Serperior can beat any Pokemon.

So yeah, that's about it. Going to White forest with an underleveled team. As of currently, my highest leveled Pokemon is my Archeops, which is 49. <.<

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
Years
Well, right now I'm looking at five badges and I'm heading in to Chargestone Cave. I'm having trouble deciding on what Pokemon to add to my team and I'm actually thinking of replacing Duosion with something else. There also aren't a lot of flying Pokemon better than Archeops so I'll have to be using him just like I did in my previous file. If I don't get rid of Duosion, I'll probably just end up adding Tynamo to my team if I manage to find one and if I do get rid of Duosion, I'll probably grab myself a Zorua/Zoroark and then add either Tynamo or Klink.

My Team:
Chaoboo_BW_Sprite.png
Pignite Lv.33 w/Return,Heat Crash,Flame Charge,Arm Thrust
512_simisage_front_norm.png
Semisage Lv.32 w/Dig,Work Up,Bite,Seed Bomb
536_palpitoad_front_norm.png
Palpitoad Lv.32 w/Mud Shot,Super Sonic,Uproar,Muddy Water
578_duosion_front_norm.png
Duosion Lv.32 w/Thunder Wave,Psyshock,Future Sight,Recover
566_archen_front_norm.png
Archen Lv.29 w/Acrobatics,Ancient Power,Agility,Quick Guard

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Put up a Cinccino for trade on GTS for a Zoua any level, and in 15 minutes, I got a Zorua.
So now it has added to my team. Now, I'm just training it into a Zoroark before battling N and Elesa.

Years
I'm trying to do the Pokédex, I only need Deino and the stupidly rare Cryogonal to have all the first evolution Unova Pokémon excluding version exclusives/Pokémon you can't get because of choices.
I will start breeding Tepigs for the GTS, I already have Snivy, I just need Oshawott, Simisear, Simipour, Throh (I know you can get them in Pinwheel Forest but I'm not going to try catching them as they are very rare), Rufflet, Solosis and Archen to finish the goal I set for myself =)

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Update-
So my travels in the Unova region have proceeded quite uneventfully. Haven't lost a battle since Lenora and am currently in Twist Mountain. I finally turned my cover fossil into a Tirtouga and by level 40 it proved to me it was ready to evolve. I got the egg from the treasure hunter on route 18 (I think that was it) and it became a Larvesta. Most recently I gave the newborn an exp. share then proceeded to kill someone's Sawk with my Panpour. To my surprise, I only got 700 exp. before I could complain I got a message saying "Blaze (the Larvesta) received 3500(+) exp." It then grew 13 levels.

- My team -
Zero (Snivy) (♂) Lv.45
Mizu (Panpour) (♀) Lv.43
Res (Sigilyph) (♂) Lv.39
Khan (Carracosta) (♂) Lv.40
Blaze (Larvesta) (♂) Lv.14

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
So I got the game yesterday -although it'd been waiting for 14 days at the Post office...- and now have my fourth badge ! :D
I wanna finish the game asap ! *-*

My team :

janovy_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d3801oz.gif
♂ - level 32
520.gif
♂ - level 28
554.gif
♀ - level 24
dageki.gif
♂ - level 18
haderia_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d3803sl.gif
♂ - level 17

sandile_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d389183.gif
♀ - level 16

Now I need to train everyone. xD

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
After beating the Pokemon League and saving the world, Touya decided to start another Journey. This Journey was to become stronger and bond even more with his Pokemon so he could battle the League once more, with true strength. A man named Looker, visited his home. This man was with the police. Why did he visit, you ask? He had yearned to give Touya the magnificent, the spectacular, Super Rod.
Spoiler:

Along the way, on Route 15, some scientists helped him obtain Pokemon that a friend of his wanted to send. His friend's name was Soul. As Touya journeys on... he enters the strange and ominous city of Black. And now, this is the end of the cheesy narration.

Swanna ( Elene )
Level 56 - Mild
Roost / Fly / Hurricane / Brave Bird

Samurott ( Richter )
Level 56 - Hardy
Aqua Tail / Water Pulse / Hydro Pump / Surf

Ninetales ( Kitsune )
Level 82 - Careful
Payback / Flamethrower / Quick Attack / Will-O-Wisp

Sawsbuck ( Chopper )
Level 59 - Quiet
Nature Power / Energy Ball / Double-Edge / Horn Leech

Mienshao ( Mei-Lien )
Level 60 - Mild
Hi Jump Kick / Strength / Drain Punch / Force Palm

Eevee ( Kuro )
Level 33 - Quiet
Bite / Quick Attack / Helping Hand / Sand-Attack

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
Years
Today, I ended up capturing Kyurem and Thundurus. I still had the Master Ball so I used it in Thundurus. I caught Kyurem on my first Dusk Ball.... oh well, beginner's luck. I also caught some Pokemon in the White Forest. I battled Cynthia and man, she's hard to beat! I barely beat her (but I sort of cheated because I used the Volcarona you catch in the Relic Castle).

<--------My Team-------->
-Samurott Lv. 66
-Mienshao Lv. 66
-Haxorus Lv. 67
-Elektross Lv. 65
-Chandelure Lv. 66
-Reuniclus Lv. 65

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm currently training all the pokemon I have captured so far to level 26 at least ;)
I also can't seem to beat the 7th gym leader...came close though...

Years
My name is Terra and my journey starts with a very skilled Oshawott, so far Osha-kun has been a very careful and skillful pokemon.

Cilan didn't even stand a chance against my well trained ninja pokemon but after saving Munna Osha-kun evolved into Dewott and learned Shell Blade.

Lately Dewott's been getting cocky with his new attack because of all the 1-hit K.Os but at least he is still careful with his moves. Dewott only wants to protect his friends (pansear,Blitzen,Pidove,Munna,lillpup,and Minezune)

My team currently:
Dewott lvl 18
Pansear lvl 11 (support)

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Spoiler:

Heres update number four, expressing my travels from the Driftveil Drawbridge to right before entering the Driftveil City Gym. I traveled up through Route Six, stopping at that one cave (Chargestone i believe), and then went through the Cold Storage. My team is constantly switching because im only training the ones that will hopefully give me the benefit in gym battles. Im using this playthrough to get a feel of all the Pokemon i like design-wise, then guaging on overall usability. In future playthroughs, ill be sure to only use those with beneficial natures. BTW, Trubbish is still adorable. <3

Notable Events:

-Decided against using Gothita. Boxed her permanently.
-Reached Driftveil City.
-Captured a Foongus in Route Six. :D His nature sucks though, so not sure ill be using him after the gym battle.
-Raised everyones level to twenty-five, except for my Dwebble, who has been level twenty-six since the Nimbasa Gym.
-Biked back to Nimbasa to get more Fresh Water.
-Rode the Ferris Wheel with some weird girl. lol.
-Realized i didnt have to bike to Nimbasa, because there is a vending machine right outside the Cold Storage.
-Caught Vanillite with a Heal Ball. Not sure why. Not like i was ever going to use those balls anyways. lol.
-Traveled through the Cold Storage.
-Now on my way to the Driftveil Gym.

Current Team:

Ani590MS.png
| lv 26

Ingrain | Bide | Faint Attack | Mega Drain
Foongus has the second highest HP on my team, only to be beaten by Palpitoad, which has 79 HP. His attacks arnt all that snazzy, but he stays alive longer due to me giving him the Big Root that my Servine was holding. Ingrain can be a pain because I cant switch him out, and his health seems to run low a lot. He probably wont be seeing much use after this gym battle. I just wanted one because theyre so cute. :D Btw, i love his ability, Effect Spore. <3

Ani582MS.png
| lv 23

Mist | Taunt | Avalanche | Icy Wind
I cant really understand why everybody hates this evolutionary line so much. They are so adorable. lol. I have her holding the Exp. Share, so hopefully, shell be able to kick butt by the time I reach the gym leader. I don't really use Mist or Taunt, but I suppose I could use Taunt, then Avalanche to double the damage done to opponents. She was caught in a Heal Ball because I felt like Heal Balls and Vanillites go hand in hand. haha.

Ani496MS.png
| lv 26

Growth | Leech Seed | Tackle | Leaf Tornado
Servine is bro. Not much else to add. haha.

Ani544MS.png
| lv 26

Iron Defense | Screech | Bug Bite | Poison Tail
Quick Claw certainly does come in handy with this gal.

Ani551MS.png
| lv 26

Assurance | Bite | Sand Tomb | Mud-Slap
The only attack she ever really uses is Bite. Not sure if I want to continue her training.

Ani536MS.png
| lv 26

Aqua Ring | Supersonic | BubbleBeam | Mud Shot
Bro status = off the charts. :)

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
Update:

After leaving Nimbasa City for Route. 5, Cheren forced me to stop where I am and battle him seeing as we both have the Bolt Badge from Elesa. Using Voltz (Emolga), Paddle (Simipour) and Scorch (Litwick) I easily defeated him. Just after him asking himself why on earth does he keep losing to me, Elesa shown up taking us both to meet a cool looking dude by the name of Alder who introduced himself as Unova's Champion. Cheren ofcourse got all excited as his dream was to become just that, Alder then asked Cheren and I to battle two youngsters who were clearly under the age of ten, so they shouldn't have been allowed to own a Herdier each...
After their defeat Elesa lowered the Driftveil Drawbridge for us to head on our journey with the time of day you could see the sun setting in the sky which to me looked nice. After running over I learned that the same bridge has the nick name The Charizard Bridge which is good to see older generations have not been forgotten in Unova, well Charizard hasn't anyway.
Upon arriving at Driftveil City, Clay the towns gym leader asked for both Cheren and myself to help search for Team Plasma who had recently ran by. Healing up at the Poke Center I heard of Driftveil's romantic who went by the name Charles, I found him riding his motorcycle within the city and he offered me a battle, this battle was a three on three battle involving Smuggy (Servine), Paddle and Aero (Rufflet).
After beating him I headed south towards the Cold Storage battling all the trainers around there giving Reckless my Axew some experience becuase I can't wait for him to evolve in Fraxure. Cheren asked me as I stood outside the Cold Storage, if I thought Team Plasma could be hidden inside and that we should both hurry. I battled some workers within the storage area giving my Pokemon some extra experience and finally reached the end, inside were eight Team Plasma grunts and Zinzolin one of the Seven Sage's of Team Plasma. Cheren and I each defeated four of the grunts only for Clay to arrived with his workers to take them all away, after thanking me he was ready for a gym battle.
Once I had healed up my Pokemon I ran to Driftveil City Pokemon Gym to find Ghetsis of Team Plasma convincing Clay to release the members of Team Plasma. After defeating everyone within Clay's gym I finally challenged the leader, Clay himself using only two of my Pokemon; Smuggy and Paddle, with Smuggy's Leaf Blade and Paddle's Scald I quickly took out Clay's team, which ofcourse resulted in me recieving the official Quake Badge.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
HOLY CRAP. Just beat Lenora's Watchdog (lvl 20) with my Lvl 14 Purrloin using Sand-attack and Growl to great effect and whittling him down with Scratch!!! Had to use a super potion once.

Purr grew to lvl 16. (Thought it'd be more though. O_o I mean, it wasn't sharing the exp--it was my last conscious pokemon, it was SIX levels less than that pokemon, AND it was a gym leader's pokemon so you'd think the exp would be crazy but it wasn't. :()

Hooo but I'm actually lucky that the Watchdog didn't have Keen Eye like my Patrat. O_O I would've been SCREWED if it did.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
Years
Man I can't believe my luck. Right after starting a new file and building a pretty good team in the process, my cousin ended up mixing his White up with mine and instead of pressing start at the main menu to check if it's his game, he ends up deleting my games file and by the time I put in what I though was my White it had already been deleted. So for the third time in the past three days I had to start over. Oh well...here's(for the third time) my first update.

UPDATE:
-After planning my team out ahead of time this time I decided to give Oshawott another go
-Went to Route 1 and caught a Lilipup and a Patrat so I could beat Cheren and Bianca for most Pokemon caught
-Listened to Ghetsis blab on about liberating Pokemon and beat N
-Boxed Patrat and Lilipup and went on to Route 2 using on my now Lv.9 Oshawott
-Got to Striaton City and beat Cheren in the Pokemon School with only Oshawott
-Headed to the Dreamyard where I got Pansear who will actually become a part of my team
-Beat the gym trainers with only Pansear so it could level up once and then I went on to easily beat Cilan
-Battled a few Audino to get Oshawott on Lv.15 and Pansear on Lv.14
-Before heading to the southern part of Route 3, my Oshawott evolved into Dewott
-Before I went into Nacrene City, I caught a few more Pokemon(Blitzle,Rogenrola, and Pidove) to fill up my Pokedex and I put Lilipup in the darecare just because
-Beat N again and went off to train my two Pokemon on the outskirts of the Pinwheel Forest
-After grinding it out for quite some time I managed to get Pansear to Lv.22 so it could learn Flame Burst for the gym battle against Lenora(Dewott was at Lv.21 at this point)
-Flame Burst managed to 2HKO Lenora's Herdia and Dewott's Razor Shell 2HKO'd her Watchog which gave me an easy victory at a challenging gym
-Right now I'm in the Pinwheel Forest trying to get the Dragon Skull back from Team Plasma and even though before I started this file I thought I had my team planned, I'm actually still putting though into it

Team at this point:
502_dewott_front_norm.png
Dewott Lv.22 w/Tackle,Razor Shell,Water Gun,Focus Energy
513_pansear_front_norm.png
Pansear Lv.22 w/Rock Smash,Work Up,Bite,Flame Burst

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Dear Journal,

I finally decided to evolve my pwetty Zorua, at Lv. 48. :3 It's been pretty awsome as a Zoroark so far, though we did lose in a triple battle in white forest using my Emboar and Meinshao too. :(

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Entry 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Entered Driftveil city.
- Chased Team Plasma in Cold Storage
- I defeated team Plasma and went to the gym
- Defeated the leader and got the badge
- Battled and beat Bianca
- Entered Chargestone cave
- Found the exit and versed N
- Games runs out =_=;
- Reverse N and beat him gain
-Evolved Archen into Archeops <3
496.png
Medusa. Lv 34. Leaf Tornado, Slam, Leaf Blade, Leech Seed
517.png
Petunia. Lv 34. Psybeam, Future Sight, Moonlight, Hypnosis
548.png
Lily. Lv 34. Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder.

567.png
Kaori. Lv 37. Ancient Power, Acrobat, Pluck, Fly.
-kg

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Final update of the main adventure!
-Got through Victory Road
-Defeated Elite 4 Shauntal
-Defeated Elite 4 dark type guy.....
-Defeated Elite 4 Caitlin
-Defeated Elite 4 fighting type guy.....
-Watched the Epic Cutscene :-)
-Traversed N's Castle
-Got to Zekrom, realising I had only two Repeat balls to catch it with.... *facepalm*
-Somehow managed to catch Zekrom in ONE repeat ball after a few resets. No critical capture either
-Defeated N, after losing once (was unprepared for Reshiram)
-Defeated Ghetsis (Scrafty's Moxie for the win!)

Now for the aftergame...
-Met looker
-Found out that Ghetsis escaped, and that the 7 sages are still out there
-Crossed Marvelous Bridge
-Had my first Rotation battle
-Used Poketransfer to import everything I wanted from Platinum and SS (gonna restart those)
-Caught some other past generation pokemon in white forest.

I'll post my team a little later, I don't have my game in front of me right now.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Caught a Trubbish and named it after my brother, he was so excited to be garbage!

Expolred underwater ruins, still don't know the full nature of the place. Relics of an ancient pokemon legend are found there.

DuckRodger, my Ducklet, is an exelent HM slave. Surf, Fly, and Dive. I love that little blue duck. (http://www.dilbertcelart.com/dale/p4a.jpg)

Last edited:

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
Here's what my team is like right after beating Alder for the first time.
503.gif
Samurott | Lvl. 57 | Male | Hasty | Mystic Water |
Hydro Cannon / Ice Beam / Double Team / Dragon Tail
625.gif
Red Ranger | Lvl. 68 | Male | Bold | BrightPowder |
X-Scissor / Iron Head / Brick Break / Night Slash
526.gif
Gigalith | Lvl. 61 | Male | Sassy | Silk Scarf |
Explosion / Stone Edge / Earthquake / Protect

561.gif
Sigilyph | Lvl. 66 | Female | Mild | Rocky Helmet |
Fly / Cosmic Power / Hypnosis / Psychic