• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aurora [Beta 1.3.1] (04/24/18)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Loving the game so far, loving even more how quick you've been with updates! :)

Keep up the excellent work!

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
It's so nice seeing a hack progress this quickly. I hope you can keep it up - completed hacks are really the emblem of a committed hacker.

I was going to comment after I played the Beta, but I just had to comment. I will comment on the Beta afterwards.

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
It's so nice seeing a hack progress this quickly. I hope you can keep it up - completed hacks are really the emblem of a committed hacker.

I was going to comment after I played the Beta, but I just had to comment. I will comment on the Beta afterwards.

Sweet! Thanks for the feedback.
Hopefully this will be my first completed hack! I've ran into troubles with my other ones such as AdvanceMap overwriting wrong offsets, causing the game to be corrupted. Making lots of backups :)

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
Hey everyone! Thought I'd give a quick heads up that Beta 1.3 will be coming soon! I'm currently finishing up the Fifth Gym Leader. Hopefully the update will come out today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support so far. :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
The fifth Gym Leader already? Wow, you're on a roll! Keep up the good work!

By the way, I remember that Cubone was the starter at first, but now it's Dratini. Not that I don't want to start with Dratini, but why did you change this?

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
The fifth Gym Leader already? Wow, you're on a roll! Keep up the good work!

By the way, I remember that Cubone was the starter at first, but now it's Dratini. Not that I don't want to start with Dratini, but why did you change this?

I changed it to Dratini because I was told that Cubone wasn't a "rare" nor difficult to train. I changed it to Dratini since it fits that profile.

If you still want a Cubone, you can catch one in Mt. Hyren.

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years

Pokemon Aurora - Beta 1.3 Release (April 22nd 2018)

Hey everyone! I apologize for the delay -- I promised the release last week and never got around to it. But don't fret! There are many new changes and additions to Beta 1.3. Check 'em out below.

Changes

Pokemon Evolution/Leveling Changes
  • The Dratini level-up speed has been increased from "slow" to "medium-slow"
  • Dratini know knows Return instead of Pound
  • Dratini now evolves at level 28, Dragonite at level 48
  • Umbreon evolves with a Moon Stone and Espeon evolves with a Sun Stone
  • Kadabra evolves at level 36
  • Haunter evolves at level 36
  • Seadra evolves with a Water Stone
  • Scyther evolves with Max Friendship
  • Machoke evolves at level 40
  • Graveler evolves at level 40

Other Changes/Fixes
  • Sign in Quinn Town now has the proper text
  • Minor tile changes
  • Textbox is now a knock-off D/P/P Textbox style (looks way better IMO)
  • Mom now heals your Pokemon instead of the default message from FR
  • Fisherman's house no longer has a back door in Avadante Town

New stuff
  • Completed Route 7 (There are trainers now!)
  • Added Furenso City
  • Added Route 8 (Just a connecting route)
  • Added Zyphre Graveyard
  • Added Route 9
  • Added Sailport Island (It has the Pokemall)
  • More Decapitalization (Items, Pokeballs, TMs, HMs, All Pokemon)

Bugs

• Signs in Rosso Town are the default offsets (The Map is glitched out so I can't make any modifications to it. From my testing, events and such still work perfectly fine)
  • Sailport Island Gym's second Quiz Machine might skip the battle (I've done some testing and it's like 75% of the time)
  • POSSIBLE Gate in Rocket Warehouse might not get removed. I haven't tested it and I had to recode it so I'm not 100% sure if it will work the same.

Download

Beta 1.3
Length: Fifth Gym Battle in Sailport Island
Release Date: April 22nd, 2018
Download: Beta 1.3 Download

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I'll do more playing of this later, but currently I have beaten the first gym.

Here is a list of things that I found were slightly problematic. Some of these have been pointed out before, but I'll still leave them here:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
I'll do more playing of this later, but currently I have beaten the first gym.

Here is a list of things that I found were slightly problematic. Some of these have been pointed out before, but I'll still leave them here:
Spoiler:

Thank you for reporting all of these. I'll fix them as soon as I get the chance.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Did you fix the male protag's sprite? Because the side view of the sprite looks different (on the hat, the line seems to be curved to fit a rounded cap).

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Screenshots look very interesting. In my opinion the graphic style and scripts look good and i like the FR style with the other WesleyFG's BW tiles. I'll test the beta later,

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years

Pokemon Aurora - Beta 1.3.1 (April 24th 2018)

Hey everyone! Thanks to everyone who notified me about some game-breaking bugs in the last update.

I guess my behavior and background-bytes decided to reset, so I had to re-do all of them.

Anyways, here is a quick list of all bugs fixed.

Bug Fixes

• Dirt paths had a graphical glitch, showing the player below the dirt. (Many others suffered this same issue)
  • Surfing stopped working -- so that was fixed
  • Aide in Verdia Town who gives you Surf now stops you on your way out to give you Surf.
  • Cave entrances stopped working
  • Girl in Hendlin City now looks at you when talking
  • Scout who is blocking Route 3 now has a script when talked to
  • Minor movement permission errors
  • Fixed Quiz Machines in Sailport Island Gym

Download

Beta 1.3.1
Length: Fifth Gym Battle in Sailport Island (Bug fixes)
Release Date: April 24th, 2018
Download: Beta 1.3.1 Download

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I'm digging your maps a lot. From the looks of it, you've pulled off the GameFreak mapping style quite beautifully, which is surprisingly difficult to do. I can't wait to see more of this!

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
I'm digging your maps a lot. From the looks of it, you've pulled off the GameFreak mapping style quite beautifully, which is surprisingly difficult to do. I can't wait to see more of this!

Thank you! I'm taking a little break at the moment. I've finished the 7th gym but kind of lacking motivation for developing this as it's story is really weak. Currently going through the process of making a story-based ROM Hack.

Back