• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
Nice to see you commented about it and I liked the feedback you put up :)
The reason why you can buy the evolutions stones is pretty much for Eevee (and of course other stone-evolution pokemon) there. Have you been doing the "magical book" sidequest? You can find 4 Pages in beta 3 already (related to the reason why getting evolution stones had to be made as simple as possible).
I only found one of them actually, didn't understand at first what they are for. Even when the guy gives the De-Stone made me think that Eevee was of some importance, but didn't actually think of this. Then i'll go and hunt the other for pages then to fill the time and explore a little more the maps waiting the next beta.

If this was a normal pokemon game, I'd probably make it that way but there are specific reasons for making it so pokedex won't be completeable in the game. The hack has lots of differences to original pokemon games (and most hacks) as you have seen already but there will be more to come. Beta 4 will somewhat cover the idea behind the final version so you'll see when I've got that one up :D
But no, all pokemon won't be catchable but almost every single one will be.
Just asking, at the end it's still a pokémon game, so "gotta catch em all". Even if it's not, in the actually game i'm playing, i have only Eevee (didn't make it evolve), Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard, just because i wanted to know the story, and that is coming out greatly.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I only found one of them actually, didn't understand at first what they are for. Even when the guy gives the De-Stone made me think that Eevee was of some importance, but didn't actually think of this. Then i'll go and hunt the other for pages then to fill the time and explore a little more the maps waiting the next beta.
Good luck, you're gonna need it ;)
The locations of the missing pages can be found somewhere in this thread as well, one of them is a bit tricky. For now, you can't achieve anything special by finding the pages though. After all, only 4 of them have been inputted in the game and there are two left to be found.

Just asking, at the end it's still a pokémon game, so "gotta catch em all". Even if it's not, in the actually game i'm playing, i have only Eevee (didn't make it evolve), Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard, just because i wanted to know the story, and that is coming out greatly.
I don't know... I don't think it qualifies a pokemon game with that definition. Glad to hear you've liked the story so far. And believe me, everything starts to make sense eventually :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
I like this game a lot something about the older versions that just makes you want to keep playing them i like the idea cant wait for the next release maybe you can catch a wild chikorita cause i would rather have chikorita instead of totodile.

miksy91

Years
I like this game a lot something about the older versions that just makes you want to keep playing them i like the idea cant wait for the next release maybe you can catch a wild chikorita cause i would rather have chikorita instead of totodile.
Well, I wouldn't call it much of an add-on but you can get Chikorita and Cyndaquil soon after the point beta 3 ends as well.
The interesting thing here is that just like Totodile, both of them have some sort of quest behind them instead of just being standing in one position waiting for you to challenge them (which I did with Squirtle there).

I agree with midnite, I love the gb/gbc pokemon rom hacks.
And thanks both of you :)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I haven't played since the first release but I have play the previous Dark future/energy and I'm wondering if we'll be seeing a shiny ball?

miksy91

Years
I haven't played since the first release but I have play the previous Dark future/energy and I'm wondering if we'll be seeing a shiny ball?
If that is true, you're missing a lot you know ;)
I might actually recommend to wait for beta 4 though, it has quite many improvements to beta 3.1 instead of just offering more gameplay.

Anyway, I won't be adding Shiny Ball to the game. This is a Prism-only feature and that's the way it should be. Let Prism be Prism and Dark Energy be Dark Energy. The only reason Running Shoes can be found in this hack as well is because of it being a so good idea to add them. No one likes bike, at least I don't so after gotting the Running Shoes to work, I never considered taking them out.

Besides related to shiny pokemon there, well you'll see... Even though we don't have pokeballs that instantly make the captured pokemon shiny, there may be something better in its place ;)

I mean, who would want to see a shiny pokemon in every 8192nd encounter? Why not see them every 100th encounter instead?

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Hello Miksy! I just wanted to say, that I've begun to play Beta 3.1 and it's great! What you already have is fantastic, and a cut above the majority of other fanmade games. Beta 4 can only get better.

I think Pokemon Dark Energy (I remember when it was called Dark Future...) will be one of those games that everybody remembers, one of the few that is completed and one of the few people actually enjoy.

So, I really appreciate what you've been doing so far, and I want to say: thank you!

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Hello Miksy! I just wanted to say, that I've begun to play Beta 3.1 and it's great! What you already have is fantastic, and a cut above the majority of other fanmade games. Beta 4 can only get better.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it :)
And yeah, beta 4 will definitely be better. I've fixed several issues like the sleeping guard scenery in the beginning. Instead of having to obtain Bulbasaur, you've to do something that will actually make sense for trying to wake him up, and other stuff similar to that.

I think Pokemon Dark Energy (I remember when it was called Dark Future...) will be one of those games that everybody remembers, one of the few that is completed and one of the few people actually enjoy.
I hope you're right here. It would be shame to see this hack being forgotten a year or two after it being complete. It's always possible that can happen; after all, many people think this is a graphically "bad-looking" hack and don't even feel like trying it out because of that.

So, I really appreciate what you've been doing so far, and I want to say: thank you!
Thanks to you for also taking your time for saying something about it! You know, I totally respect people who don't just download a hack, enjoy it and leave no feedback whatsoever. Unlike most players tend to do.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Thanks to you for also taking your time for saying something about it! You know, I totally respect people who don't just download a hack, enjoy it and leave no feedback whatsoever. Unlike most players tend to do.
Look at it this way: you are entertaining far more people than you seem to be, and as such you have the graces of far more of those same people. They don't say anything, but their thoughts are with you.

miksy91

Years
Answered in VM.

An a amazing hack that you've made here buddy boy

cool rom imma gonna play it and tell you how good it is come on internet faster i need to play it haha
Sorry, can't tell whether this was a troll related to what I said in my previous message or did you really mean it :\
But feel free to post feedback later on :)

Other than that, I have finished most of the storyline-related events for beta 4. There are still many side-areas to be created from scratch along with doing some difficulty changes in overall and things such as that (the hack turned out quite easy after adding in the Battle Room that is, I'll just weaken the trainers a little bit and keep bosses the same and it should work like a charm). And like I mentioned before, I have a premilinary plan on having a new release out this Spring. A whole different issue is whether that will come true.

Also, I'm thinking of not uploading any Dark Energy videos in a while, dunno though. Most of the bigger events would spoil too much if I showed them so I'd rather not tell anything about them so you can experience all those things for yourself.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013

is there anyone who knows the password for the research center at argent warehouse?
please help me guys
miksy your a great game creator i love it its really great
is beta 3.1 have a full version?
send me a link please thanks :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Is the Squirtle supposed to be shiny or am I really lucky ? (nicknamed him Poseidon)

Where am I supposed to go after picking up my friend (loved the Final Fantasy reference) ? There's a Black belt who needs a first-aid kit blocking my path in Area 105 (I think) and the North Star (Cave at the north) is apparently too cold for me since I don't have warm clothes, there's also surfing spots but even if I have a water type (the aforementioned Squirtle) he doesn't have surf and I don't have any HM for that...

Where can I find a wholly hat and/or a first-aid kit ?

Ok...found most of my answers in the FAQ...^^

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
is there anyone who knows the password for the research center at argent warehouse?
please help me guys
miksy your a great game creator i love it its really great
is beta 3.1 have a full version?
send me a link please thanks :D
Apparently there is someone who knows the password.
I could actually just give it away; there is really nothing to lose because you won't get any use of it in following releases :P

Try "COPPER", oughta work! You can't access upper floors though. Either the game freezes when entering the door or you can't enter the door at all.

Beta 3.1 is not the full version. I have still planned two more updates (betas 4 and 5) before releasing the first complete version. That might take a while...

Spoiler:

Is the Squirtle supposed to be shiny or am I really lucky ? (nicknamed him Poseidon)
I guess this was answered well-enough as well, hahha!

Where am I supposed to go after picking up my friend (loved the Final Fantasy reference) ? There's a Black belt who needs a first-aid kit blocking my path in Area 105 (I think) and the North Star (Cave at the north) is apparently too cold for me since I don't have warm clothes.
Even though I have explained all this in FAQ, you're right about one fact that they should be explained better in the game itself. By now, I have made it so your friend actually shows up during the talk with the Black belt and tells about a person called Dr. Frank who lives in Highland Town. So he tells you they should probably pay a visit to that Frank guy if they wanted to help out this black belt.
Also related to Woolly Hat there, some townspeople in Little Stone talk about Brady having a habit to give clothes as presents to the trainers beating her (for one reason or another). But this is also one of those add-ons for beta 4 I think (this was replaced with the "Pokedoll dialogue house").

There's also surfing spots but even if I have a water type (the aforementioned Squirtle) he doesn't have surf and I don't have any HM for that...
I tend to leave lots of things so that they cannot be explored right away. You might find hidden items or something better in areas that can only be reached with surfing. And that there is just one example.

miksy91

Years
Looking as awesome as ever, so how have things been going?
Hopefully these will clarify a little bit ;)

16995652.png
71993489.png
97501394.png
65140270.png
44651779.png
19774486.png
66554150.png

For ones who haven't played beta 3 before, I have basically done several changes to the gameplay introduced in it. Besides that, I've been working on finishing Granaldo City which happens to be the "final area" (except for the many side-quest areas!) which will be included in the following beta 4.

The sprite change of the main hero on the left was made by Solar from Skeetendo Inc.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
So, is this hack getting close to being finished? I loved your other hack- Ultimate End- but I only play finished hacks, so I'm eager to see how good this is. Oh, well you kinda answered it last post. Still, hopefully it's soon.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
So, is this hack getting close to being finished? I loved your other hack- Ultimate End- but I only play finished hacks, so I'm eager to see how good this is. Oh, well you kinda answered it last post. Still, hopefully it's soon.
Oh no, it's not gonna be out soon. I meant that Granaldo City will be the final area to be added in beta 4 including several side-quest areas which can be accessable in it. But beta 4 there is just one of the "checkpoints" along the way to the finish line.

I started the hack in mid 2010s, maybe a bit later. Currently, I have probably just exceeded the "midway point" so most likely it's going to take me more than two years before I can release the first complete version of the hack.

I'm no way rushing it. May it take two years, three or more - I'm not pushing myself to do this. It's just an interest, not my work.

Anyway, I'd advise you to wait till I get beta 4 out and play that release then. You really don't want to wait for the final version to be out. Why do that? It's not like it would spoil the gaming experience you would got then (and who knows, maybe this hack never even gets done).
Besides, this one is much more entertaining than Ultimate End (which was mainly an edit created with a couple of tools), that I can guarantee you :)

Back