• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The challenge would be trying to beat the E4 before you game breaks from the glitchiness, right? lol

Years
ANOTHER RANDOM LAURE IDEA

That I can't participate in because my DS was stolen a year ago D:<

Anyway I've been thinking easter eggs because of the beautiful Spring weather, what about a challenge for the DS games. Where your team is made up from Pokemon that hatched from eggs. The eggs must come from someone else taking part in the challenge, or donated from someone looking at the forum. The catch is the contents of the egg won't be revealed to the challenger until it hatches, and they must finish the game with that Poke. They have to have 6 pokes on their team as well.

Maybe for an added bonus some have to be NFE.

Idk just throwing it out there.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
ANOTHER RANDOM LAURE IDEA

That I can't participate in because my DS was stolen a year ago D:<

Anyway I've been thinking easter eggs because of the beautiful Spring weather, what about a challenge for the DS games. Where your team is made up from Pokemon that hatched from eggs. The eggs must come from someone else taking part in the challenge, or donated from someone looking at the forum. The catch is the contents of the egg won't be revealed to the challenger until it hatches, and they must finish the game with that Poke. They have to have 6 pokes on their team as well.

Maybe for an added bonus some have to be NFE.

Idk just throwing it out there.
This idea has actually been tossed around at least once before that I can remember. I was sorta excited for it, but it never happened. Easter is at the end of this month, so I wouldn't be opposed to this being like the "Challenge event of the month" lol. Except I don't want there to be one every month, it sort of loses its specialness.

But yeah, if this thread got created, I would definitely participate if I had any motivation like an emblem promise, otherwise I gotta keep doing monotypes. I would be using my Diamond, where I have all howevermanyPokemonareonthatgame of the Pokemon. Plus a level like 91 Ditto in the Daycare. I would make lots of friends for people!

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2011
The challenge would be trying to beat the E4 before you game breaks from the glitchiness, right? lol

Actually, RBY (the only games this could be realistically performed on) are very tough to break (also, save states). The biggest challenge would be obtaining a solid number of glitch Pokemon before getting Surf, and not having them evolve into all sorts of crazy crap.

Wait, have I been shot down?

Years
This idea has actually been tossed around at least once before that I can remember. I was sorta excited for it, but it never happened. Easter is at the end of this month, so I wouldn't be opposed to this being like the "Challenge event of the month" lol. Except I don't want there to be one every month, it sort of loses its specialness.

But yeah, if this thread got created, I would definitely participate if I had any motivation like an emblem promise, otherwise I gotta keep doing monotypes. I would be using my Diamond, where I have all howevermanyPokemonareonthatgame of the Pokemon. Plus a level like 91 Ditto in the Daycare. I would make lots of friends for people!

I'd love to start it
but a rule of the challenges is that you have to participate
Which I can't do ;_;

boo....

stupid people who broke into my car and stole my DS

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Just throwing this out there, but methinks there should be an Easter Challenge, since that holiday is coming up. I'm unsure on how it would go, but you would only be allowed to use Pokemon with Easter references, such as Exeggcute, Minccino and Pidgey.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2011
Just throwing this out there, but methinks there should be an Easter Challenge, since that holiday is coming up. I'm unsure on how it would go, but you would only be allowed to use Pokemon with Easter references, such as Exeggcute, Minccino and Pidgey.

A Holiday Challenge sounds fun. It could work for other occasions too.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Why not combine them and make Laure's Challenge Idea fall around Easter? That way, the challenge can still happen, and eggs = easter.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Maybe make my challenge the main focus, but any Pokemon that comes from an Egg, such as Togepi or Wynaut can be used as well. But the egg Pokemon rule would be used for earlier games, which can't trade via Wifi to other people. But trading eggs over to other people could be fun I guess, but it'd only work for 4th generation and up.

Years
Maybe make my challenge the main focus, but any Pokemon that comes from an Egg, such as Togepi or Wynaut can be used as well. But the egg Pokemon rule would be used for earlier games, which can't trade via Wifi to other people. But trading eggs over to other people could be fun I guess, but it'd only work for 4th generation and up.

I'm not trying to plug myself or anything like that D:
but my I have an expert mode for my spring challenge I tried to make more easter
I'll just summarize kinda the jest if anyone wants to steal anything incorporate it, but NFE fairy egg groups (your Clefairys and JigglyPuffs) cause they are cute or NFE flying types (chicks :D ). Green Pokemon and grass types are always welcome, and your favorite normal type rodents Buneary and such could be required.

Have something like that with the random eggs, and egg pokemon
you got yourself an easter egg hunt D:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We just had an event, so making this an event is out of the question tbh. Next event will probably be in May, if I work out all the quirks...but I don't want three consecutive events. An egg challenge on its own could be made, but I don't think we need an easter specific one. idk how Pidgey is Easter related...lmao

But yeah, clumping events up together just isn't on my agenda. :< But someone feel free to make a challenge that could revolve around trading eggs if you'd like. I thought about that myself too.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
We just had an event, so making this an event is out of the question tbh. Next event will probably be in May, if I work out all the quirks...but I don't want three consecutive events. An egg challenge on its own could be made, but I don't think we need an easter specific one. idk how Pidgey is Easter related...lmao

But yeah, clumping events up together just isn't on my agenda. :< But someone feel free to make a challenge that could revolve around trading eggs if you'd like. I thought about that myself too.
Keep this idea active for 42 more monotypes, and I'll make it.

Years

What do Chinchillas have to do with easter?

Anyhow, I suggest we do a Faction Nuzlocke challenge, in which those who signed up entered factions. If you whited out, then you're "dead", I'd also like to have checkpoint challenges along the way, in which the faction that completed the challenge gets to take 1 Pokemon (of their choosing) from each member on the losing faction's team.

Years
Keep this idea active for 42 more monotypes, and I'll make it.

I'm getting a 4th gen or 5th gen game and a DS for my birthday this month. If no one does anything with this idea by then I'll make it. I just don't wanna break any rules since I can't compete.

It's not a big deal that it's only 4th gen and up, if we couldn't discriminate against some games prefix wouldn't be an option for when a new topic is made

Sydian

fake your death.
Years