• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Been playing since yesterday.

Realizing, far too late, that not getting a single Ground Pokemon will get one utterly molested by Elesa.

Wishing a horrible death upon her.

CURRENT TEAM:

Samurott: LV 37
Dwebble. LV 29
Gurdurr. LV 27
Tanquill. LV 27
Simisear. LV 26.
Blitzle. LV 24.

juxta

3181 0814 1066
Years
-Beaten the eighth gym leader
-Completed the Ancient ruins sequence
-Met Tornadus before heading into route 10
-Completed route 10, obtained TM05 roar
-Advanced through the badge checking gates
-Fought the first 2 trainers on victory road
-My team thus far

Zebstrika Level 47 @ lucky egg
Wild charge
stomp
spark
flame charge

Krookodile Level 48 @ Dragon tooth? (Or claw can't remember)
Dragon tail
earthquake
level ground
crunch

Samurott Level 45 @ N/A
Surf
aqua jet
shell blade
slash

Sigilpyh level 46 @ N/A
Shadow ball
Psychic
Fly
Sludge bomb (Planning on thunder-wave when I find the darn thing)

Scrafty Level 47 @ N/A
Hi-jump kick
Brick break
Crunch
(Can't remember his fourth move ha!)

Darmanitan Level 45 @ N/A
Flare blitz
Hammer arm
Fire punch
Belly drum

Fin < ha :)

Last edited:

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
A few hours ago i found myself bored so i switched on my DS to finally take on N & Ghetsis with my Samurott, Leavanny, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Archeops and Eelektross.
Then i watched the credits roll and just got the Super Rod from Looker, and the National Pokedex from "the other Professor Juniper."

... Now I'm going through Unova all over again from Route 1. to catch all the other Pokemon i didn't :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I was planning to post here yesterday but never got around to it! :<

So I've started my journey off with my partner Oshawott. I was in shock to find out it was a female as it is pretty rare to start off with a female starter, and especially since this was my first play through in the game, I was surprised. I decided not to nickname it, and so I went on ahead to battle my rivals.
---
What a complete mess! Phew, that was a close match. Oshawott vs. Tepig; Shinell vs. Bianca and the winner was yours truly. ;) The room had just resembled a pig's pen, only slightly neater. That is until the battle between myself and Cheren started where his defeat had probably shifted things around even more.

After playing around with the Pokémon given from Professor Juniper, it was there all three of us were headed towards.

There we went along to Striaton City, taking our first step into the beginning of our journey.

---

After reaching Professor Juniper and letting her explain to us the things we needed to do as we set off on our adventure, we split and began it all.

Oshawott happened to be my only Pokémon at the time. I decided I needed another Pokémon on my team if I wanted to have a slight advantage towards the first gym I planned to defeat. My first catch was a wild Purrloin, which hadn't lasted long at all with me. It continued to level up slowly, and mentioning the amount of times I had to heal it, not only did I waste some of my potions, but my time to head to the next city. So I went on towards Striation City. That is where I obtained the Fire Monkey out of the trio, Pansear. It was only going to be of use for the first gym, and it did nothing but good against Cilan as hoped.

After taking my joy time doing the following, I decided it was time to take things more seriously throughout the game. Now I have a partially developed team of 4 and in the midst of training to obtain my next gym badge from Lenora in Nacrene City.

xoxo; Kaori out!
501.png
531.png
517.png
522.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Much Grinding later on my part, I've finally made my Dwebble the main contender against Elesa, and needless to say, Smack Down, combined with thick headed tenacity, I manage to beat her down, all of my guys contributing some point to another. Beating her and lowering the bridge, meeting the Cowboy-ist cowboy I've ever seen, Clay.

Gee, I wonder what his Pokemon type is. */sarcasm*

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Dear Journal,

Elesa and Clay weren't as hard as I thought they'd be! And now, for the first time in my journey, I'm not under leveled. I am NOT under leveled! And Queen, my now evolved Liepard, has a higher level than most of my team! She can finally pull her own weight and others', sometimes. I knew it was a good idea to keep her around.

While in the Relic Castle I captured a Sandile that quickly found his place in my team, and he's quite the powerhouse (unlike Queen as a Purrloin...) and he's one level away from evolving into a Krokorok. I bet he'll evolve in Chargestone Cave, oh I just met N... *sigh*

Over and out, for now. ♥

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Soooo.... let's see. I managed to get myself an Archen and go up from there. I decided to use Sandile because I love that thing so much! And also the fourth gym is electric type, so it was easier. I have obtained another three badges. I'm currently on route 8 training to get the Icirrus City gym badge.

My team so far:

Krokorok (♀) - Lv. 37
Moves: Rock Tomb, Embargo, Bulldoze, Crunch

Victini - Lv. 37
Moves: Confusion, Flame Charge, Headbutt, Charge Beam

Simipour (♂) - Lv. 35
Moves: Acrobatics, Work Up, Surf, Scald

Archeops (♂) - Lv. 38
Moves: Fly, Ancient Power, Dragon Breath, Crunch

Serperior (♂) - Lv. 36
Moves: Slam, Coil, Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado

Scrafty (♂) - Lv. 39
Moves: Chip Away, Faint Attack, Crunch, Brick Break

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Firet evolution Venipede to Whirllipede. WOW!! I haven't been that excited by evolution in so long! Third gym eat your heart out!

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Two days down and I finally beat the 5th gym. On my first try no less, with only two of my Pokemon seeing action. The battle went a little something like:

-My Dewott vs his Krokorok
-Krokorok used Swagger
-Dewott uses Water Pulse
-Clay uses Hyper Potion
-Dewott OHKOs with Water Pulse
-Clay sends out Excadrill
-Excadrill uses Hone Claw
-Dewott uses Water Pulse
-Excadrill uses Slash
-Dewott KOs with Water Pulse
-Clay sends out Palpitoad
-Palpitoad KOs with Bulldoze
-I send out Sawk
-Sawk uses Double Kick
-Palpitoad uses Bulldoze
-Sawk KOs with Double Kick

I sat there in shock because I didn't expect it to be that easy. But! I'm not complaining.

Anywho, I just traversed Chargestone Cave, mutilated N's team. I will update my team later today, but right now I have to go to class.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Played a little more
-Got Pansear (might have said this in my last one)
-Challenged the Gym leader Cilan
-Won
-Did the dream smoke sidequest-type-thing
-Caught Munna
-Did some grinding
-Saved

Small updates, I know. That should get better.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
When I woke up this morning, I was still feeling pretty bummed about last night, so I decided to try and take my mind off things - not an easy task, I tell you - by taking a look around Mistralton. It seemed quaint enough, and would have been perfect were it not for the huge-ass airfield down the side of it. Turns out Mistralton is a landing spot for cargo planes. Huh.

I was trying to take a closer look at some of these planes when I got ambushed by a freaky old man who was raving about Klink. What the-- oh. He's Prof. Opinion's father, the one who she was looking for Klink for. He snatched my PokéDex from my bag - sneaky little-- - and did something to it, which he claimed had upgraded it. I can honestly say I had never even switched the thing on before, so I don't know what was different about it, but he skipped off chanting something about different forms?

The woman Juniper Senior was harassing came over and apologised to me, which instantly made me like her and even ignore the fact that her hair was ridiculously silly. She introduced herself as Skyla, the town's Gym Leader, and told me that while she was out flying her cargo plane (!) she had spotted an injured Pokémon and was off to go help it out (!!). Wow! After having to deal with a lazy bum like Clay, she certainly made a welcome change, and that she was willing to go so far for a Pokémon she didn't even own certainly strengthened my affable feelings towards her. She asked me to help and told me she was heading on over to the place she had seen the Pokémon fall, which was the Celestial Tower on route seven. Straight away, I set off after her.

Route seven was... unique, to say the most. It was spotted with balance beams that let you avoid the grass, but forced you to keep moving because they were too narrow to balance properly on. I tried it and fell straight away. It hurt my bottom. I ended up taking my chances with the long grass. We battled a few trainers, and I was so happy to see my team getting stronger with each fight. My happiness only strengthened when my squidgy Tardy, my Solosis, began to glow that magical white and gained a little stubby body and more goopy jelly - a Duosis! The first thing Tardigrade did was launch a hug at me with his stubby little arms! SO CUTE♥ I huggled him to death, nearly, and we continued on our way.

At some point, my Xtranceiver began to ring. I answered it half-heartedly, expecting Cheren or Mood-Killer, or even Prof. Idiot, but it was my mama! She was wondering how I was doing, since she hadn't heard from me in a while, and I told her about my team and about N (she teased me a bit) before wishing me well. It felt good to hear her voice again. It reminded me of Nuvema and I felt a little home-sick, but I remembered that Skyla had asked for my help, so I continued.

Around the foot of the Celestial Tower, which stood ominously in my path, I kept getting ambushed by tree-huggers. I wasn't complaining, though, because that special 'evolution' thing happened again, this time to my dear Fawke, who became a stunningly-beautiful Unfezant! With a happy heart, I reached the tower, and then the truth of what it was came crashing down upon me.

The Celestial Tower was a place where people laid their Pokémon friends to rest. I felt sad, but at the same time, there was this feeling of... peacefulness. I couldn't quite name it at the time, but it made me feel both heavy and light, because even though this was a sad place, it would be a beautiful place to end up in. The decorations for the inside were intricate and architectural, and brought a tear to my eye, for so much thought and care had been put into such a place. Every headstone was lovingly engraved and kept clean, truly cared for. I was so happy that a tower like this existed. It showed that Pokémon were to be cared for as much as humans, both in life and death.

What made me incessantly angry was the fact that people were using such a place to battle. Every floor I reached, I tried to go around and respect every single headstone, for these were the beloved partners of humans, lost to time, and it didn't help that every so often, someone who claimed to care insisted on battling me. I fought with anger against them, and apologised to each headstone that had borne witness to the combat. Needless to say, it took me a long time to reach the top, but I battled every trainer out of spite for what they had come here fore.

At the very top of the tower, Skyla stood. I looked around her for a Pokémon, but she informed me she had already given it a Max Revive and sent it on it's way. I was humbled by the care this woman took, even for a Pokémon that wasn't hers. Max Revives were expensive, but that faded to insignificance in the face of a Pokémon in need. Skyla asked me to ring the bell, to thank the spirits for letting her take care of the Pokémon, and I did so, marvelling in the sound of the metal and joining her in a prayer.

After she had left, I rang the bell again, and apologised to the spirits for fighting in their house. Then I made my way back to Mistralton. Seeing a landmark like the Celestial Tower strengthened my resolve and fueled my passion for the wellbeing of Pokémon, and feeling inspired, I prepared to battle Skyla, who I looked up to, at the Mistralton Gym!

Spoiler:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Just Beath the E4 and N at this game time:

15:58 hours played

with this team:

Zekrom 50
Celebi 64
Chandelure 61
Deino 40
Excadrill 37
Samurott 61

Nameless.

Hey! It's me again! Oh man so much happened today, I can't wait to tell you! Well, first things first, I got to meet an oddly colored Oshawott too! Someone I know wanted to give it to me as a gift. Of course I accepted, and now I have a little bright blue Oshawott with a pinkish shell to match my blonde Lillipup!

We ventured onward, initiating many battles with wild Pokemon, and eventually some trainers down the line too! But let me tell you what happened before that. We encountered a gang of strangely dressed people who talked about liberating Pokemon from their trainers, with the name "Team Plasma". What a bunch of weirdos. Why free a Pokemon from it's trainer if it's truly happy there? I don't understand. They cleared out after their speech, the crowd following soon after. From the crowd stood a young man with long green hair who approached me and Cheren. He introduced himself as N, and he said something about what our Pokemon were saying. It was strange, but so interesting! Then suddenly, he challenged me to a battle!

In no time at all my Snivy beat him horribly, and he admitted defeat, walking off saying "I never knew Pokemon would say such things..". What an odd guy. Maybe we'll meet again someday? But, for now, I got some training to do! If I meet N again someday, I don't want to give him a chance to get ahead of me! See you!!

----

Dear Diary Part Two

After a long trail through the wilderness, battling trainers and wild Pokemon to-and-fro, we made it to Striaton City! From there I searched and searched for the gym leader, eager to get my first badge! When I went inside the Trainer's School, to my surprise, stood Cheren at the black board! Of course he challenged me to a battle, and of course I arose out on the top once again. :D He told me that the gym leader had JUST left the trainer's school! I rushed off to go meet up with him or her, and saw a young man with short green hair standing in front of the gym's entrance.

I soon found out that this is the gym leader! How amazing! He told me to go train in a place called the Dream Yard. I got directions from a town person and ran off towards it. There I battled a few more trainers, and met a docile trainer who gave me a Panpour!! Wow what a gift that is! This should make facing those fire types even easier that the gym leader apparently has. Whoever they were was sure nice. I ran off into the gym, battled all the trainers, and met the trio of gym leaders awaiting my arrival : Chili, Cress, and Cilan. I was to fight the leader named Chili, out of the three of them.

It was plain as day that he fights with fire-types, so I was a little nervous. But I was ready with my new Panpour to take him down! And down he surely went! I got my first badge today! The Trio Badge. <33

I'm still flaming in excitement haha! As I walked out I was met by Fennel, Prof. Juniper's college buddy that she wanted me to meet up with. She gave me the HM Cut, which I taught to my Panpour and gave me the mission to find Munna at the Dream Yard. Off I ran in a hurry! I cut down the tree blocking my path originally and made my way into the Dream Yard, from which Bianca had appeared as well. As we walked up to the front, we met the Pokemon Fennel was looking for! Munna! Then out of nowhere, Team Plasma showed up and tried to seize it for their evil plans! Attacking and hurting it! Grrr, my blood was boiling. No way was I gonna let them hurt that poor Pokemon!

A battle was initiated and I won without breaking a sweat. Their leader showed up in some strange kind of illusion and they ran off scared. Out from the shadows approached a bigger form of Munna, and Fennel came up behind us. We found that the Pokemon was named Musharna, and that Fennel was looking for these Pokemon for their Dream Smoke abilities. We went back to her lab with Bianca staying behind, and I found out what the Dream Smoke does, and I received the C-Gear from Fennel! Wow, what an awesome device! I can't wait to use it myself. <3

So, as you can see, a lot happened! I'm already psyched up to go face the second gym leader and get my next badge! That's sure to be a crazy day too!

I better let my Pokemon get some rest now. Until later!

----

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
(Well, since everyone else is going at it)

Dear Journal...

It's only been a few hours since I wrote, but lord knows a lot has happened. Not only have I beat Clay and gotten my badge, but I did a little grinding off in the thunder tunnel. Dwebble, Blitzle, and Tranquil ALL evolved! My team now consists of a Crustle, Zebstrika, Samurott, Unfezent, Gurdurr and Simisear! It's a little scattered, but they haven't failed me yet. Heh, funny how I only expected Dwebble to help me with Elesa, and he ended up getting to be one of my strongest team mates.

In the tunnel I met up with N again. Dudes a little random, never the same team whenever I meet him. I beat him of course, and made it out of the tunnel and into Mistralton City. Apparently these guys like Flying types, I hope Zebstrika is up to the chance...

Well, I'm off to the tower to meet the Gym leader or something of the like. Wonder what it'll be like...

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Finally got my White! (It should've come already on Friday...)
So here's what I've done at the time when I was at the school (played between lessons if someone thinks something other xD):

- Chose male and named myself Late as always
- Picked up Snivy and won both Cheren and Bianca
- Visited Professor Juniper and got Pokédex
- Still missing button to jump over "How to catch a Pokémon" section (you didn't need to watch them in older games)
- Caught Lillipup (Lv4) and Patrat (Lv2)
- Went to Pokécenter
- Heard what Ghetsis had to say and won N's Choroneko (still can't remember it's english name)
- Caught Choroneko and "killed" some trainers
- At the gym, gonna play more soon

As you probably noticed, I caught everything I saw as I'm one of these guys who actually are gonna fill whole Pokédex. That's the meaning of the game for me. Gonna train my Pokémon and put it on PC after it's evolved (others than Snivy). I don't care about Nature, IV, EV or other things like those, as I'm not actually that competitive and can still get through the game with low-leveled (becuase of only evolving my Pokémon and then put them to PC) Pokémon. Gonna think other things after game is completed.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I decided to start a new game on Pokemon Black as I didn't really plan out my other team and I kept losing to the E4, I've picked Oshawott this time and have just caught a Lillipup on Route 1.

My team:

Oshawott Lv7
Lillipup Lv3

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Okay, here's what happened:

-Challenge the Castelia City Gym, but they were specializing in Bug-types, I decided to catch a Darumaka.
-Darumaka pwned Arti.
-Wandered forever in the desert just to take Archen.
-Archen kinda sucks right now. After he hits the yellow line, he's pretty much useless.
-Went to uh, Nimbasa City.
-The Gym is nice, but YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE ROLLER COASTER. D:
-Elesa is tough.
-Er, no. Elesa's Emolga is tough. Her Zebstrika went down in, I dunno, 2-3 moves?
-To beat Elesa's Emolga, decided to catch a Sandile.
-It worked! Her Emolga kept abusing Aerial Ace, so I decided to torment.
-The battle was long, she kept healing her FIRST Emolga. Rock Tomb only has 10 PP, you know?
-Sandile went down, but it's speed was down because of the effect of Rock Tomb, so Archen Ancient Powered her.
-Second Emolga got Ancient Powered too. Yeah, I dunno why it's suddenly not annoying and weak.
-Elesa's real Pokemon was Emolga. Zebstika was weeeeeak.
-Off to Driftveil City.
-I thought Clay's name was... Clayton?

Pokemon team so far:
Servine, Solosis, Archen, Panpour, (Darumaka), (Sandile).

Pokemon in the parenthesis, I don't plan on using.

The last update I has was when reaching Driftveil City? Seriously?

Okay, so well, beaten Clayton and boy, was he weak. But his Gym is so cool, just confusing. I kept going up and down, up and down.

Well, anyways, after I beated Clayton I went and got to Chargestone Cave. That was so cool. Floating rocks, wtf! Anyways, met Prof. Juniper and Bianca, lah-dee-dah, got 3 ninjas to escort me to N, and, yeah, I don't know why but I can't pay attention to what N was saying, but beaten the crap out of him, so went to Mistralton City and first thing on my mind was find a Litwick. Litwicks are so cool. 8D Anyways, going to the top of Celestial Tower.

Highlights of my day: Arceos evolving, and Litwick. 8D

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Finally it was time to face the trainer who had earned so much respect from me; Skyla! I found her gym to be at the back of the airstrip, meaning I had to make my way past some huge planes. My bike made the trip a little shorter. I had stocked up well at the Pokémon Center so I was ready to take her on!

I was shocked to find the method of transport in the gym to be giant cannons. I had faced open elevators, a track-changing rollercoaster, riddles hidden in books and all manner of other tricks, but to physically shoot myself across the room?! Surely this couldn't be safe?! This was only confirmed when at one point, I ended up hitting the wall and nearly knocking myself out. I had to sit down for a minute or two to stop the dizziness and only then was ready to challenge Skyla.

For all I respected her and all I had been prepared for, she was disappointingly easy to beat. Two of her Pokémon went down in a single hit and the third only took a little longer. I was a little crestfallen that a battle I had been looking forwards to so much had been so short, but I accepted my Jet Badge with pride, for I had now earned six badges in four days!

Happy with my progress, I bade Skyla a goodbye as she directed me through Twist Mountain, where she had heard Team Plasma were up to no good. This made me feel a little happier as I thought of the chance N would be there, and motivated me to traverse the mountain at once. I wasn't expecting him to be waiting for me outside the gym.

Did I mention how pretty he was? Fwah♥

He looked a little sad, and I asked him why. He said he was sad that Pokémon were used for combat, as it meant they had to hurt one another. He had grown up with Pokémon, and didn't want to see them in pain. I said that was true, but sometimes the pain is needed because in the end, we are stronger for it. N seemed a little happier about that and asked to speak to one of my Pokémon. I was confused until he explained that due to his childhood with Pokémon, he could understand them well. He picked out my Duosis, Tardigrade, since it was the newest addition to my team, and learned from Tardy that I was from Nuvema Town and that Prof. Idiot had sent me out to fill the PokéDex, which I had done a terrible job with as I was unwilling to store Pokémon in a PC. This made him really happy, and me too, as it was what I had tried to tell him at the end of Chargestone Cave but had been unable to around the present company.

N decided my Pokémon were happy enough, and briefly explained what was going to happen. The man from before, Ghetsis, he was trying to find two stone, the Dark Stone and the Light Stone, which were said to be the remains of the ancient Dragons from the legends. I remembered that legend; it was said that at the touch of the Hero, the Dragon would re-awaken and help the Hero realise his dream.

N wanted to be that hero. He wanted the Dragon to help him separate humans and Pokémon. That was still his dream; I hadn't been able to change his mind. D:

He seemed to realise how I felt because he said that he wants to be the hero because then he can change the world without force. No one would get hurt and it would be worth it in the end, but it would be sad for people like me, as I would be separated from my friends. I noticed him stutter over that part, and at once an understanding formed between the two of us. We had the same motive, to an extent. We had the same idea. It was N who was taking it further, though, and in that instant, he seemed to realise how far he might be going.

Before I could argue anything else, he left without a trace, and even though I ran as fast and as far as I could, he was already gone. How does he do that?!

I had a lot to think about as I headed in the direction of Twist Mountain.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back