• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years

X/Y Quick Questions and Answers

With new games, comes a lot of new mysteries and a lot of new questions. If you're seeking for some help regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y or you have an answer to a question that needs fulfilling, then this is the place to do it. First off, there are a couple things you'll need to know.

Thread Rules

- No posting or discussing ROMS - No trade / battle requests - "Thank you" posts ARE okay*

Helpful Links

- Check out our X/Y FAQ. (Coming Soon!) - Looking for a quick trade? Look here. - Want to battle? Come here. - Need some in-game team help? Check this out. - Are you a competitive battler? See here. - Looking for some emulation help? Go here. *Remember the 4 Word / 25 Characters rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Where do I get the Kanto Starters from? I assumed it would be in the first town or when I got the Kalos starter but I still don't have one and I am in the first forest.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Tombo, you'll get one of your choice as soon as you arrive in Lumiose City.

Q: Can anyone tell me where can I find Skrelp? I want one so badly.

Years
Where do I get the Kanto Starters from? I assumed it would be in the first town or when I got the Kalos starter but I still don't have one and I am in the first forest.

You get them after fighting the professor in Lumoise City

If anyone can tell me how to turn of skating please let me know.

I know using the pad means you can walk but id like to turn the skating off completely

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Q: does any of you know when Super Training will be available in the game?
I want to know it for planning purposes.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Can anyone tell me how quickly you can trade? I want to coordinate with my brother so we can both get all 3 starters, but want to know how much of a time commitment I'm signing up for. Thanks!

Years
Tombo, you'll get one of your choice as soon as you arrive in Lumiose City.

Q: Can anyone tell me where can I find Skrelp? I want one so badly.

Ok, thank you Gonz0 :) Sorry I have no info on Skrelp

You get them after fighting the professor in Lumoise City

If anyone can tell me how to turn of skating please let me know.

I know using the pad means you can walk but id like to turn the skating off completely

Thank you :)

It is available quite early on, I discovered it in Santalune forest but it was possibly available before then. I imagine it might be available as soon as you get a Pokémon.

Does anybody know how to get to level 2 of Super Training? Do I need to train each stat? I only really want to increase Fennekin's Special Attack and Speed but it says it is level one so how do I get to level 2? Do I need to reach a certain threshold in overall stat raises?

Last edited:

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Ok, thank you Gonz0 :) Sorry I have no info on Skrelp

Thank you :)

It is available quite early on, I discovered it in Santalune forest but it was possibly available before then. I imagine it might be available as soon as you get a Pokémon.

Does anybody know how to get to level of Super Training? Do I need to train each stat? I only really want to increase Fennekin's Special Attack and Speed but it says it is level one so how do I get to level 2? Do I need to reach a certain threshold in overall stat raises?

Quick training is available from the start - I'd asume as soon as you get your starter?
At least I used my quick training the moment I got my Fennekin. : )

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Can anyone tell me how quickly you can trade? I want to coordinate with my brother so we can both get all 3 starters, but want to know how much of a time commitment I'm signing up for. Thanks!

I think you can trade very quickly. I did a Wonder Trade before I had the 2nd badge, for sure.

Years
Without spoilers, is the story on par/better than B/W? I've been hearing alot of mixed things, some people saying it's really dark, some people saying it's a step back.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Without spoilers, is the story on par/better than B/W? I've been hearing alot of mixed things, some people saying it's really dark, some people saying it's a step back.

I am quite liking it so far (just past 4th badge). I don't think it's dark- just something I wouldn't expect from a Pokemon game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 2, 2017
Impossible to recognize the SD cartridge (pokemon X and Y)

Hi guys i've bought today the new game of pokemon X and after put it on my ds i've got an horrible surprise!!!
After the ds update i've run the game but after the 3ds "intro" the game didn't run and a write appear
"Impossible recognize the SD cartridge"
My version is the physical one so i went to the shop to change and they gave me a new copy...same **** can't recognize it , can someone help me?What is the problem ,all other games for my 3ds work perfectly and my cartridge is europe as the 3ds so...

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
It's already October 12 here in Singapore, but I can't receive any Torchic from the mystery gift.

My DS region location is set to Singapore, but to others that had already recieved Torchic, do you need to change your region setting into something else to get the Torchic?

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
Does anyone know how to get to the second gym? I've been roaming the whole area ever since I past Lumiose City but can't find the right route? There's two caves for example and there are boulders that need to be pushed into holes. :P But the problem is I can't find HM Strenght from anywhere. Tried to talk to all the people but no one seems to be any use. Argh, starting to get frustrated.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years

Just for a definite answer, you get it AS SOON AS you get your starter Pokemon & Pokedex. I used it before I even experienced a Pokemon battle.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Does anyone know how to get to the second gym? I've been roaming the whole area ever since I past Lumiose City but can't find the right route? There's two caves for example and there are boulders that need to be pushed into holes. :P But the problem is I can't find HM Strenght from anywhere. Tried to talk to all the people but no one seems to be any use. Argh, starting to get frustrated.

If you find the Pokemon Centre in Lumiose City, you want to travel to your left (west?) and find the route gate by the purple building. Go onto Route 5, through Camphrier Town, through Route 7 (and Connecting Cave) and into Cyllage City.

There's quite a gap.

If you look in this diagram:

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1369/07/1369074447357.jpg

Lumiose City is #4 and Cyllage City is #14

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 2, 2017
i have a problem with my 3ds my cartridge didn't get recognize,not just it but all x cartridge i tred make the same...anyone has the same issue?Some tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back