• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, PokeCommunity!

Years
With my latest excitement of the Pokemon Black/White release in just a matter of days, I set out looking for a good community for Pokemon that had some sort of professionalism to it. As a former graphic designer, I like going to a place that is good on the eyes, PokeCommunity was that place. Although simple, I like the layout of the boards.

Now then, if you haven't already caught on, my name is Matt. I've been playing the Pokemon series ever since I got Pokemon Yellow so many years ago. Lucario is my all-time favorite Pokemon and I feel like most of the new 5th generation Pokemon are generally extremely bad looking (Running out of new ideas Gamefreak? Make a game with all the regions combined where I can travel the world with my friends over WiFi!) and hopefully they will grow on me. I am patiently waiting on the Nintendo 3DS, so I can enjoy playing this next Pokemon game in style!

I enjoy my sports, whether it's playing or watching them. I watch the NHL religiously and my favorite team is the New York Rangers. I'm a current college student at the local community college. Lastly, I enjoy long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners.

It's a pleasure to be here, can't wait until I start posting around more.

- Matt

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah; I kind of had the same thought when I first joined. :3 I wasn't a fan of overally complicated forums myself; I liked this one because it IS pretty simple to look at; as well as pretty easy to explore the different boards. Good stuff~

You have the same name as one of my closest IRL friends, Matt. :3 And yeah! My first game was Pokemon Yellow as well! I did liked the cool concept of your Pikachu following you around; it was pretty fun to see its reactions. <3 Lucario is pretty cool; I used it on my Platinum run, and, it preformed pretty well! I also tend to use special attacking ones; like one with Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, HP Ice, and Calm Mind, perhaps. As for the 5th pokemon, yeah, I admit it took me a while to get used to them as well, being different art and all; but, once you've gotten used to them, you really start to dig them! Like say...I really like Doredia or Rankurusu [I know those are the japenese names; I'm still trying to remember the emglish names.] Maybe they will combine the regions into one; who knows.

Mmm, long walks on the beach does satisfy. :3 Haven't done so since the last two years, I'm afraid. @_@; Anyhow! Its a plasure to have met you as well. <3 And yeah, you can post to your hearts content as long as you remember the posting rules; which are pretty easy to follow anyway. <3 Enjoy your time. :3

Years
Yeah; I kind of had the same thought when I first joined. :3 I wasn't a fan of overally complicated forums myself; I liked this one because it IS pretty simple to look at; as well as pretty easy to explore the different boards. Good stuff~

You have the same name as one of my closest IRL friends, Matt. :3 And yeah! My first game was Pokemon Yellow as well! I did liked the cool concept of your Pikachu following you around; it was pretty fun to see its reactions. <3 Lucario is pretty cool; I used it on my Platinum run, and, it preformed pretty well! I also tend to use special attacking ones; like one with Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, HP Ice, and Calm Mind, perhaps. As for the 5th pokemon, yeah, I admit it took me a while to get used to them as well, being different art and all; but, once you've gotten used to them, you really start to dig them! Like say...I really like Doredia or Rankurusu [I know those are the japenese names; I'm still trying to remember the emglish names.] Maybe they will combine the regions into one; who knows.

Mmm, long walks on the beach does satisfy. :3 Haven't done so since the last two years, I'm afraid. @_@; Anyhow! Its a plasure to have met you as well. <3 And yeah, you can post to your hearts content as long as you remember the posting rules; which are pretty easy to follow anyway. <3 Enjoy your time. :3

We are most certainly alike in many ways. We are now just a couple days away from the BLACK/WHITE release here in the USA and I'm getting really excited (ugly Pokemon or not...) and I can't wait to get my team going.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Joined only a few days ago, and you've already donated? Well then, you certainly must be enjoying our layout and professionalism!

I somewhat dislike the fifth generation Pokémon too. I mean, there are still plenty of legit creatures or ideas that they could use... and they choose an ice cream cone. :| Oh well, I'm hoping they grow on me as well. Truth be told, I kinda like Vanilluxe... so bad example.

Glad to see another college-age student joinin' up! Feel free to shoot me a message if ya have any questions.

Years
Joined only a few days ago, and you've already donated? Well then, you certainly must be enjoying our layout and professionalism!

I somewhat dislike the fifth generation Pokémon too. I mean, there are still plenty of legit creatures or ideas that they could use... and they choose an ice cream cone. :| Oh well, I'm hoping they grow on me as well. Truth be told, I kinda like Vanilluxe... so bad example.

Glad to see another college-age student joinin' up! Feel free to shoot me a message if ya have any questions.

Sounds good. I donated because I see myself being a fairly active member around these parts, so why not show my support? Least I could do.

Yeah, I don't know any of their names, but that ice cream cone Pokemon is something else... The fact that is has two other evolved forms is even worse. Kyurem is pretty awesome (but most legendaries are) and I have a soft spot for Terrakion and Samurott.

Yeah, not many Pokemon fans amongst our age group and it's good to find a place that has some who share the passion for Pokemon games as much as I do. :)

Back