• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Username: Kwinx
Game: Emerald
Era:
The Sci-Fi Like Future

Update #1
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
Part 1

Spoiler:

Stone Badge - Knuckle Badge - Dynamo Badge

Grovyle lvl 31, Rash / Overgrow
Pelipper lvl 31, Bashful / Keen Eye
Lairon lvl 31, Docile / Rock Head
Torkoal lvl 30, Careful / White Smoke

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
NEW CHALLENGE!!!

Username: RoreyG
Game: Leaf Green
Era: Jurassic Jam

Update #1

- I started out with a Bulbasaur (HELIOS). I did the usual stuff at the game's start; battling my Rival (I named him Shigeru) and getting Professor Oak's parcel. I trained up my Bulbasaur to level 14 before I fought Shigeru for the second time.

- I strolled through Viridian Forest and managed to evolve HELIOS into and Ivysaur before I took on Brock. Vine Whip ensured my victory with ease.

- I got my Running Shoes and made my way to Mount Moon. Admittedly, Mount Moon took a while to get through, especially considering the fact that I couldn't buy any items so I had to keep running back to use the Pokemon Center situated at the cave's entrance. HELIOS was level 24 by the time I got out.

- I took on Misty's Gym and Razor Leaf made it another easy outing.

- I knew I had to train up a lot before I fought Lieutenant Surge so I did some intense level grinding against the trainers between the Nugget Bridge battles, the route to Bill's House and the paths just before and next to Vermillion City.

- I might have leveled up too much though. I'm about to board the S.S. Anne and I have a freshly evolved Venusaur.

- In other news, I got the VS Seeker and went back to Cerulean City to cash in the Bike Voucher I got from the President of the Pokemon fan club. Also, it looks like it's gonna be me and HELIOS alone for a while. I planned out this killer team, but I'm not gonna be able to get another member until I reach Fuchsia City.

Badges: 2/8

My current team:

003.gif

HELIOS (m)
Level: 32
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Overgrow
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Tackle
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Question: What's the position on getting TMs from the Game Corner?

I'm doing a Jurassic Jam Challenge on Leaf Green and I'm confused on this issue. I know we can only use stuff that we can find, but I think I can work this within the rules. You get the Coin Case free in the Celedon Cafe and in the Game Corner, we can find loose coins all over the floor. Would it be possible to play the slots using the coins I found to build up enough tokens to exchange for TMs at the gift shop?

Update #2

- I boarded the S.S. Anne and took on every Trainer with HELIOS. most notably, I beat SHIGERU and picked up Cut HM and Brick Break.

- I caught a Meowth to use as an HM Slave and for its Pick Up ability and taught it Cut.

- HELIOS soloed the Vermillion City Gym.

- I wanted HM Flash for the Rock Tunnel, so I went back to Cerulean City, caught a Caterpie and Weedle (both at level 8) and trained them each two levels (also 2 evolutions respectively) so that I can get my Pokedex to 10 Pokemon caught.

- I went back to Vermillion, made my way through Diglett Cave, and got to Route 2 to collect Flash from Professor Oak's Aide.

- I went back to Vermillion, then subsequently to Cerulean, and headed for the Rock Tunnel. Meowth was my HM Slave and HELIOS got me through the Cave.

- Once I emerged in Lavender Town, I went down to the bridge area to collect the TM Return and taught it to HELIOS. I then made my way to Celedon City as quickly and as discreetly as possible (I avoided the trainers en route).

- Once more, HELIOS soloed the Celedon Gym with a Sleep Powder/ Return Combo. I then taught HELIOS the Giga Drain TM that I won.

- I infiltrated Team Rocket's HQ at the Game Corner, Beat Giovanni with relative ease, and collected the Silph Scope.

- I got the Tea from the old lady at Celedon Mansion, opened up the gates to Saffron City, and collected the TM for Psychic.

- I headed back to Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town, took on my Rival (presumably burying his Raticate), and rescued Mr. Fuji. Afterwards, I collected the Poke Flute.

- I headed further south of Lavender Town after so that I could remove the Snorlax blocking my path to the Fishing Guru's house. I collected the Super Rod.

- I returned to Vermillion City, used the Super Rod in the Harbor, and finally caught my second team member; a Staryu I named ATHENA.

- I'm gonna train up ATHENA by battling all of the trainers I avoided between Lavender Town and Celedon City and then head to Cycling Road, then Fuchsia City.

Badges: 4/8

My current team:

003.gif

HELIOS (m)
Level: 45
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Return
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder

120.gif

ATHENA
Level: 21
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves:
Water Pulse (taught from the TM that I won from Misty)
Psychic (taught from the TM that I collected in Saffron City)
Recover
Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Question: What's the position on getting TMs from the Game Corner?

I'm doing a Jurassic Jam Challenge on Leaf Green and I'm confused on this issue. I know we can only use stuff that we can find, but I think I can work this within the rules. You get the Coin Case free in the Celedon Cafe and in the Game Corner, we can find loose coins all over the floor. Would it be possible to play the slots using the coins I found to build up enough tokens to exchange for TMs at the gift shop?

Yeah, that could work out. If you can find a way to work stuff within the rules, do it. Though I have no objections against using the Game Corner for TMs. In fact, I had to use the Game Corner myself in Time Rift Crystal to get Wobbuffet. What I did was buy 50 coins so I can start playing the slots, then played them for the most part then ended with going back to my mom to pick up money for the last bit of them.

So you can use the Game Corners provided that you combine playing the slots with buying coins so you get a bit of both.

In fact, I'll add something about this in the main rules section.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
Part 2

Spoiler:

Stone Badge - Knuckle Badge - Dynamo Badge - Heat Badge -
Balance Badge

Sceptile lvl 36, Rash / Overgrow
Pelipper lvl 32, Bashful / Keen Eye
Lairon lvl 32, Docile / Rock Head
Torkoal lvl 31, Careful / White Smoke
Lileep lvl 31, Careful / Suction Cups

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Sorry for the delay.

Update #3

- I made my way through the Cycling Road and into Fuchsia City. I went straight to the Safari Zone after healing up at the Pokemon Center.

- In the Safari Zone, I picked up Surf, Steel Wing, Sunny Day, the Warden's golden tooth, a Dratini (ZEUS) and a Pinsir (ARES). I went to get the Strength HM and the Rare Candy from the Warden after that.

- I went back to the top of Cycling Road and did some serious level grinding.

- All of my Pokemon were on average, level 40 by the time I took on Koga's Gym (my Dratini evolved into a Dragonair). ATHENA (Staryu) soloed with Psychic.

- After, I surfed down to the Seafoam Islands to pick up a Water Stone to evolve ATHENA into a Starmie. I also taught Substitute to ARES from the Move Tutor.

- I level grinded some more, making my way back up to Lavender Town and then to Saffron City.

- In Saffron, I took on Team Rocket at Silph Co. I picked up Focus Punch and taught it to ARES to get the Substitute/ Swords Dance/ Focus Punch combo. I also got the Master Ball.

- After I beat Team Rocket, I went back and found 5 of the hidden rare candies I left behind so that ZEUS could evolve into Dragonite.

- ZEUS and ATHENA took down Sabrina's Gym without much difficulty.

- When I was finished with the Saffron Gym, I went to the Power Plant to pick up the TM for Thunder.

- I then went back to the Celedon Game Corner, picked up all of the loose coins on the floor, and then spent about 2 hours playing the slots. I picked up Ice Beam (which I taught to ATHENA) and Iron Tail from the gift shop.

- Later, I went to Cinnabar Island to regenerate the Old Amber I picked up at Pewter City. Aerodactyl (I named HERMES) is my mandatory fossil Pokemon. I'm currently trying to get him up to par with the rest of my team via the VS Seeker.

- When I get HERMES up to scratch, I'll go to the Pokemon Mansion to find the Key to open the Cinnabar Gym.

Badges: 6/8

My current team:

003.gif

HELIOS (m)
Level: 55
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Return
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder

121.gif

ATHENA
Level: 42
Moves:
Surf
Psychic
Recover
Ice Beam

149.gif

ZEUS (m)
Level: 55
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Dragon Rage
Fly
Brick Break (from the S.S. Anne)
Shock Wave (from Lt. Surge)

127.gif

ARES (m)
Level: 50
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves:
Focus Punch
Brick Break
Substitute
Swords Dance

142.gif

HERMES (m)
Level: 26
Nature: Careful
Ability: Rock Head
Moves:
Rock Slide (Rock Tunnel Move Tutor)
Aerial Ace (TM I picked up on Route 9)
Steel Wing (Safari Zone TM)
Strength

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Username: milkymew
Game: heartgold
Era: jurassic jam

edit: update 1:
started new game, named girl character Kazzy
got a totodile from prof. elm named T-Rex
went to cherrygrove city and got the running shoes from the old man
saved and quit here because i was going to school soon
went to mr pokemon after school
got the apricorn box on the way
got the mystery egg and the pokedex
fought the passerby boy and his chikorita
told the police his name was Darwin
gave prof. elm the mystery egg
ethan taught me how to catch pokemon
went back to cherrygrove
caught a caterpie named Dragonfly
went to violet city
got slugma egg and trio box wallpaper from primo
saved game

team:
Totodile (T-Rex)
lv. 8
scratch - leer - water gun - rage

Caterpie (Dragonfly)
lv. 5
tackle - stringshot

Last edited:
Years
Okay, even though I haven't been posting I have been playing.
Trainer Turk, Egypt
Badges: Stone, Dynamo, Heat, Knuckle, Balance, -, -, -, []
Team:
Ka Sacer
Nincada, M, Modest, Compoundeyes, Lv44, King's rock
Metal claw, mud slap, fury swipes, leeck life
-He'll evolve into two noseless pokemon. Next level.

Ba-st
Skitty, M, Serious, Cute charm, Lv48,
Covet, faint attack, sing, assist
- I really should evolve him but I'm so attached to him like this =`-=;

Mellivora
Linoone, M, Quiet, Pickup, Lv48,
Slash, odor sleuth, covet, fury swipes

Akh
Duskull, M, Jolly, Levitate, Lv31, quick claw
Pursuit, astonish, confuse ray, foresight

Renihb
Rhyhorn, F, Lightningrod, Lv30, King's rock
Stomp, fury attack, rock blast, scary face

And my friends
Capensis, Honey, Badger, and Ratel
my zigzagoon pack, who wield their HM moves with grace and dignity (though Capensis is a linoone and has no HMs- it was a toss-up on if I would go with him or Mellivora until I reached the point where I could catch my remaining team-members. I went with Mellivora despite Capensis having all around better stats in all but Sp.Att.)

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Update #4

- I trained up HERMES in the Pokemon Mansion, I picked up Blizzard and Solarbeam, and I retrieved the Key to open up Cinnabar's Gym.

- ATHENA soloed Blaine's Gym and I got the Volcano Badge and the TM for Fire Blast.

- I exited the Gym and accepted Bill's offer to go to One Island.

- I made my way through One Island to Ember Spa and picked up the HM Rock Smash. Then, I made my way to Mount Ember.

- On Mount Ember, I picked up my final team member; a Magmar I named VULCAN. I subsequently made my way to the top of the mountain where ATHENA took care of Moltres.

- I got back to the Pokemon Center on One Island and took the ferry to Two Island and Three Island, where I completed the Lostelle side quest.

- I got back to Cinnabar Island after that and decided I should train up HERMES and VULCAN some more by taking out the other two Legendary Birds. First, I went to the Power Plant where HERMES beat Zapdos. After, I went back to the Seafoam Islands where VULCAN beat Articuno.

- I flew back to Viridian City where I took on Giovanni's Gym. ATHENA and HELIOS made easy work of it. I won the Earth Badge and the TM for Earthquake.

- I took on my rival, SHIGERU, and beat him before making my way to Victory Road.

- I got through Victory Road with relative ease (and picked up Dragon Claw TM and Overheat TM) and taught HERMES Double Edge from the move tutor at the end of the cave.

- I'm currently back on One Island, just outside of Ember Spa, where I'm going to do some heavy level grinding before I take on the League.

Badges: 8/8

My current team:

003.gif

HELIOS (m)
Level: 56
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Return
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder

121.gif

ATHENA
Moves:
Surf
Psychic
Recover
Ice Beam

149.gif

ZEUS (m)
Level: 56
Moves:
Dragon Claw (from Victory Road)
Fly
Brick Break
Shock Wave

127.gif

ARES (m)
Moves:
Focus Punch
Brick Break
Substitute
Swords Dance

142.gif

HERMES (m)
Level: 44
Moves:
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Double Edge

126.gif

VULCAN (m)
Level: 45
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Flame Body
Moves:
Flamethrower
Iron Tail (from the Game Corner)
Strength (HM)
Double Team (from the Safari Zone)

lugiapkm611

The Healing Waters
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
Hello!
That is a great idea for a challenge by the way.
Username: lugiapkm611
Era: The Pirate Golden Age

Crystar500

Stressed and Confused
Years
Alright, I have updated since, never.

I'm doing Jurassic Jam in Ruby. Im headed to Fallarbor Town now and I got 3 badges. (Of course)

My team:

Combusken, Lv.29
Dustox, Lv. 23
Lombre, Lv. 25
Torkoal, Lv. 19(Just caught)
Wingull, Lv. 22

My team is ok, right? I was a little skeptical about Combusken being there at first, because I don't think hens were around during the Jurassic, lol.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Sorry for the delay, I had to deal with some personal problems

Update #5

- Did some level grinding near Ember Spa and went to fight the League.

- Lorelei- Helios soloed with Sunny Day/ Solarbeam and Vulcan took out Jynx with Flamethrower.

- Bruno- Ares took out both Onix with Substitute/ Focus Punch and Zeus' Fly destroyed his fighting types.

- Agatha- Athena's soloed with Psychic.

- Lance- Zeus used Thunder to to take out Gyarados and Aerodactyl and Dragon Claw OHKOed the rest of his team.

- SHIGERU (rival)- Collectively, it took Helios, Zeus, Athena, and Vulcan to beat his Championship Team.

Badges: 8/8

My Championship Team:

003.gif

HELIOS (m)
Level: 57
Moves:
Solarbeam
Return
Giga Drain
Sunny Day

121.gif

ATHENA
Level: 51
Moves:
Surf
Psychic
Recover
Ice Beam

149.gif

ZEUS (m)
Level: 58
Moves:
Dragon Claw
Fly
Brick Break
Thunder

127.gif

ARES (m)
Moves:
Focus Punch
Brick Break
Substitute
Swords Dance

142.gif

HERMES (m)
Moves:
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Double Edge

126.gif

VULCAN (m)
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Flame Body
Moves:
Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Strength
Confuse Ray

8e68907eb4c93c76e1b98f519cf6adc3_70943.jpg
f2da3622268d5f521acb00df18bfb4bb_70944.jpg
de8ba269592067404fbe69e96f32ab6a_70945.jpg

b7b5106807b4e1448c81e674336aebb5_70946.jpg
628819fdeccbf1e83fcb30526288601f_70947.jpg
9eeba3389145d0dda38f71dfa6783485_70948.jpg

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
this looks fun...

Username: diamondmutt1111
Game: Leaf Green
Era: Industrial Revolution

The Team:
Charizard
Magneton
Tentacruel
Dugtrio

I am only assuming Magneton is ok, if not, tell me otherwise :)

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
yeah, it should be alright

Awesome! :D

UPDATE UNO: BURN THE BIRDS

It was a solo challenge up until I got to Vermillion City. Ember destroys EVERYTHING, except Misty's Starmie of course. Brock was easy, I spammed Metal Claw then Heat evolved. Misty was SUPER tough thanks to the Starmie (lucky me getting a burn and spamming Smokescreen). Staryu went down to 2 Scratches. Pushed my luck to catch a Dugtrio (so I wouldn't have to play catch-up with a Diglett) and I got one! Fed it a Rare Candy I found in Mt. Moon. Beat S.S. Anne and I am going to skip Surge and take on the Rock Tunnel first and attempt to grab a Good Rod in order to get a Horsea (for Surfing, temporarily, maybe). I think I will replace that Horsea with the Tentacool I was planning on capturing. Maybe it will be its placeholder, I don't know yet. I shall see how this goes...

187.gif

Player: Henry
Rival: Thomas
Time: (3:08)
Badges: 2

Team Steam:

005.gif

Name: Heat
Level: 34
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Brave
Flamethrower, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw

051.gif

Name: Oreida
Level: 34
Ability: Arena Trap
Nature: Relaxed
Dig, Fury Swipes, Mud-Slap, Sand Tomb

Slaves: Cut the Nidoran(Female), Fly the Spearow

Quick Question: What is the maximum number of HM slaves?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
Last edited:

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Okay this should be interesting

Username: Danny37
Era: The Progressive Era

ok then lets see how this will turn out.

Okay here goes the first update of my challenge

Update #1 (To the First badge)
Spoiler:

The Team
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back