• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It is amazing to see Yellow mentoring someone and introducing them to our little RP corner. It's awesome and warms my heart. :3 great job, Yellow! Keep up the good work. :D

Welcome btw, RealMrFaceMan! I hope you have a wonderful time here at PC, and don't be shy on jumping in some of the RPs still accepting signups! :3 Looking forward to seeing you RP. ;3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, I mean an RP that sparks everyone's taste, not just few. Of course it will have Pokemon.
You know, recently someone said a saying that I took to heart, I don't remember exactly who said it, but they said, "A game that tries to appeal to everyone, appeals to no one," (or something to that effect) and I think that's completely true. If you try to make an RP that tries to appeal to the taste of every group, the end product most likely won't be that great.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Here's an idea, a long shot I know, but an idea nonetheless.

TEAM FORTRESS 2 RP

... Is that possible? Does anyone think they could pull off an RP like that?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Here's an idea, a long shot I know, but an idea nonetheless.

TEAM FORTRESS 2 RP

... Is that possible? Does anyone think they could pull off an RP like that?
I heard some people Marin? speaking about TF2 today so people apparently play it at least :3 I personally don't, and I'm unsure how a RP about it would work. But all things can be turned into RPs. It's only more or less time consuming to come up with decent enough game mechanics (and plot) for it.

Akio-kun-:\ I wish I knew what Team Fortress was.
It's your lucky day, because it's not all days that what you're wishing for comes true. That is, if you have heard about the thing called Google and know how to use it.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
It's a First Person Shooter made by Valve (Creators of Portal, Half-Life) that turned free-to-play a while back. If you want to play it, I'd highly recommend it to anyone. There are nine completely different but balanced out classes to play as, and you can switch at any time. There's no campaign, it's straight-up multiplayer fun.

Watch all 8 of these videos:

Team Fortress 2: Meet the Classes Playlist

There's no "Meet the Pyro" video out yet, but the Pyro is pretty obvious by name on what the class is about. Those 8 videos are for each of the other classes. When they come out with Pyro's video, I don't know, but these are still fun (and funny) to watch.

_____

Anyways, I'm asking if anyone else might want to create it (or Co-GM something like that with me) because, in all honesty, I have NO idea how to turn it into an RP. However, if it became an RP, it would be loads of fun.

I mean, the issue is the high factor of death. Everyone would be killing each other, rather frequently. I suppose you could base it off of the lore:

The only issue is the inevitable and continuous death. I mean, would they simply re-spawn? Is there any way to physically give a reason as to why dead mercenaries suddenly reappear? ANd a plot, what would be the point?

I love TF2, if you didn't notice. Also, my Steam Account is linked on my "Akio's Gaming" page. (Press the green controller button on my signature)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@Akio-kun- sounds like a fun RP XD though, i hope you (or someone else) can find a good reason for reapearing :3

Jaffersin

Painting the town R.E.D.
Years
If you'd excuse my...newness I'd say that I've had a handful of ideas for such a thing going around and wouldn't mind some back-and-forth PM chitchat here or on Steam (if only because it's an IM service you literally must own unless you play the deserted, non-updated console version of TF2) to try and establish a base plot. We'd need a more fanfic role since TF2 has an intricate story but also a stagnant one in which the motive behind each battle is pretty much the same. But I'm getting ahead of myself, if you can choke back the vomit from looking at my choppy, verbose posting style I'd gladly do what I can to assist in the plot elements, or if nothing else try to be an active member if I can.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
If you'd excuse my...newness I'd say that I've had a handful of ideas for such a thing going around and wouldn't mind some back-and-forth PM chitchat here or on Steam (if only because it's an IM service you literally must own unless you play the deserted, non-updated console version of TF2) to try and establish a base plot. We'd need a more fanfic role since TF2 has an intricate story but also a stagnant one in which the motive behind each battle is pretty much the same. But I'm getting ahead of myself, if you can choke back the vomit from looking at my choppy, verbose posting style I'd gladly do what I can to assist in the plot elements, or if nothing else try to be an active member if I can.

We all have different posting styles. Welcome to the RP Corner! Do try and get a RP up, or join one before you create your own. It's often easier to get the hang of it that way.

Seems like people deserted the RP Corner today just to force me into studying for my tests. I "promise" that's the cause.

Sapphire Rose

Years
@Jaffersin- welcome to the RP corner! :) are you really sure you want to put on a RP already? Thats fast, normally new RPers join RP's first before making one, i guess this makes you unique from the others :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Kinda weird & stuff, but I am thinking of actually starting an RP myself. I got the hang of RPing finally, and gained a ton of confidence. My main concern is timing...I want to have a bit more free time to do this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Kinda weird & stuff, but I am thinking of actually starting an RP myself. I got the hang of RPing finally, and gained a ton of confidence. My main concern is timing...I want to have a bit more free time to do this.

Yay! Wait until you are free for the summer. Unless you work and aren't free. Hm.

What kind of RP were you thinking of?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Jaffersin-Good to meet you! :) Always nice to see a new face in the Roleplay Section.

I think I'll try a Kingdom Hearts RP. Would anyone be interested in that?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Welcome to all new RP'ers, and those who have been here for a while.

Anyways, speaking of RP's to join, I heard from a very reliable source that there is a chance to join Elder Scrolls:Akatosh's Hourglass. You can join the RP just in time for the IC, which was submitted last night. This RP is open for those new and old, so come on and join!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Hmm. I guess I could have someone help me with what to add in the spoilers, story, worlds etc.

EDIT: Actually, if anyone wants a certain world to explore in the Kingdom Hearts RP I plan on making, feel free to PM me about it. Oh, & I'm still free to help anyone out with what they need! :)

Sapphire Rose

Years
@SD- if you want some help i guess i could help you? :) though... I suppose you want someone else to help you out this time :3 just remember if you need some help and there's no one that can help you, you can always send me a message ^^

Nam

Years
Is interested in a KH RP. :P

As for TF2, how about this:

It is exactly what is it. A game. People developed a way to put yourself inside the game virtually or bring the game out to the real world. It has been years since and it has become a very common and popular game. It isn't new anymore, people go to it as if it were school. But... there are some people who want to take it to the next level and you got to stop them. Details? You guys work it out. xP

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Kingdom Hearts... Well there was one here, but died before it could get started... I only remember it because it was the first one I ever saw and another thing. I was never really interested with it though... I recall getting really mad when I read the post... The person must have done something I really didn't like or there was a flaw I was able to detect...

Well, for a Kingdom Hearts RP, it would have to be really well constructed. Since, the world of Kingdom Hearts is already complex and "developed", for there to be a successful Kingdom Hearts RP I believe the plot of the RP should be complex as well.... Well that's my two cents... Sorry if I was being... to harsh? Oh and sorry if I was mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back