• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day Night System - By Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonh123

Pokemon Tamer
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Works great! in previous versions, it would make my rom useless but it works now which is great!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
It's not working in Emerald. The time changes in Emerald to the clock is working, but the day/night system doesn't take effect.

EDIT: Never Mind.

Last edited:

Frozen2Dream

Unknown
Years
Real quick suggestion:
Make a 'preview' button. Make a default image or something and make the program layer it with the new colors or something.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
will you make itso you can have time based events? i kind of need that in my hack i'm working on.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Is there a way to set the clock in fire red? Or do you have to have ruby to do it.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Is there a way to set the clock in fire red? Or do you have to have ruby to do it.

You could do it but it wouldn't be easy. When the player sets the time on the clock in-game, an offset between the system time (what is read from the RTC) and the time entered by the player is calculated. Whenever the game needs to access the time again, it first reads the time from the RTC (which is the time on your computer) and then uses the offset to figure out what time it really is. If you created a clock script, you could compare the time that the player entered with the system time, calculate the difference, save it somewhere, and then, whenever the player accesses the time again, add the offset to the system time.

Pragmatically, though, it would be best to simply use the system time. Unless the player lies and enters some different time during the clock script, the two should be very similar.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
You could do it but it wouldn't be easy. When the player sets the time on the clock in-game, an offset between the system time (what is read from the RTC) and the time entered by the player is calculated. Whenever the game needs to access the time again, it first reads the time from the RTC (which is the time on your computer) and then uses the offset to figure out what time it really is. If you created a clock script, you could compare the time that the player entered with the system time, calculate the difference, save it somewhere, and then, whenever the player accesses the time again, add the offset to the system time.

Pragmatically, though, it would be best to simply use the system time. Unless the player lies and enters some different time during the clock script, the two should be very similar.

What about flash cards?
I'm pretty sure that gba's don't have an in-built clock do they?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

What about flash cards?
I'm pretty sure that gba's don't have an in-built clock do they?

My understanding is that the RTC chip is embedded in the GBA cartridge itself. So, to answer your question, a clock script would be needed if the game was intended to be played on an actual cartridge because the time on the RTC chip may not be as close to the player's local time as their system time. However, this is irrelevant unless you're planning on distributing your game on cartridges which, if done for profit, is illegal.

tl;dr For all intents and purposes, a clock script is not needed in FR/LG.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
thanks dude, the other day and night failed horribly, but this one is perfect, and it was so easy!

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
Hi,your log looks awesome,but I'm French and,do you think you will mod the log for French Rom ?
Thanks
PS:Sorry my english's not very well cuz' I'm French...

Years
I had found out a bug in the Emerald Japanese version that had been implemented the day night. When I change the pokemon or use the item from the bag and then return back to the battle frame, it was halted (Please refer to the attached image). It was only halted when the battle background palette changes along with the time periods of morning, afternoon, evening and night. Please help me try to fix the bug. Thank you very much:-)

PS: Sorry for my poor English

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
hmm,been trying to do this,but don't know why it can't work,
Do i need like to do a ASM first to the fire red rom im using for this system to work?
or i just patch this to a clean fire red rom and it will work?
bcause i patch this onto my hack,did not do any asm to it though,
when in-game,the system don't work,the screen stays the same colour,i change the time on my com from 2pm to 5 pm to 9 pm,also no change..
I already enable the rtc on my VBA..,theres a tick beside the RTC but it can't work.

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
After a while of messing around I got it to work. But when I play some tiles are lit up like its day. An example are the sand paths that have the green edge. They are like day. Can someone help me?

EDIT: I am using a American Fire Red Rom. I was playing during the evening when this glitch happened.
PS: Om3ga Ars3nal I felt like I have seen your avatar before. Where is it from?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Is it possible that Eevee will evolve into unmbreon is at night, espeon is at daytime ?? Or it is not possible?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2010
Hi!
Could you please add Fire Red Spanish rom compatibility? I have been making my first hack for years, and I would really like to use this tool. Day and night moments in FR is something really cool!!

See ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back