• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokemon above level 100

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I wonder if this went possible. This reminds me Feral Chaos in Dissidia Duodecim. Its level is 130 while highest can be achieve by any player is 100 (but still can be taken down though). Enough of FC or I would get this off-topic.

Implementing this idea would touch and/or ruin much at the EXP gaps at each level. Breaking the limiter which only limits to 100 and expanding the EXP gaps table will do much but it will be truly impossible to be done as smooth as silk. I don't know if there are tables for the EXP gap but a certain routine makes it go. The idea next is how much a Pokemon will gain EXP to get to 101 and onwards until 255, and the final level's maximum EXP. I can't imagine if this is easier in trainers just for a while. Wild or any other enemy would too but I can't really imagine if the above 100 user goes to you. This will mess save files too (since that you can edit the amount of EXP in save files using save editor programs like A-Save). Developing this idea will turn very buggy. This idea is ten times ouchy than Touched's Mega Evolution implementation.

Just sharing point of views but no need to reply this unless you have to judge something. I'm just saying what would happen. If I'm wrong, I would not delete this message and leave this trashed here.

Of course there are tables. The level curves are various expontential plots. Since EXP <-> Level conversion is done incredibly frequently it would be stupid not to have precomputed tables. As for "how much" EXP is needed, all you need to do is extend the domain of the curve such that it reaches the new target maximum level. I don't think this idea is impossible at all, just incredibly tedious to implement.

Also, what's wrong with my Mega Evolution implementation?

EDIT: I realise that I may have misunderstood and that you were saying that my Mega Evolution implementation is tedious to implement - it's not really. The Follow Me is far, far worse. This hack is probably on par with that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
It seems we have some NAYsayers in the audience!

Forget them, and follow your dreams. Make an awesome romhack with higher-level Pokemon!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Let us see if there're no glitches. This is directly ported from LV127patch_beta ver4 for BPRJ by WAON HERE. Some offsets are not found and some are not compatible.

EDIT: I've forgotten to mention that the patch is for BPRE, aka English FR.
I guess the main part is correct as for now:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lv127.ips
    2.8 KB · Views: 46
  • MOD127.png
    MOD127.png
    8 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Let us see if there're no glitches. This is directly ported from LV127patch_beta ver4 for BPRJ by WAON HERE. Some offsets are not found and some are not compatible.

EDIT: I've forgotten to mention that the patch is for BPRE, aka English FR.
I guess the main part is correct as for now:
attachment.php
No tutorial or documentation? I downloaded your attachment and the one you linked. Unfortunately, the one by WAON had it's documents messed up with symbols. :(
I wanna know how to do the opposite too like limit the level. :D

EDIT: BTW, I tried your patch. No glitches so far. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
No tutorial or documentation? I downloaded your attachment and the one you linked. Unfortunately, the one by WAON had it's documents messed up with symbols. :(
I wanna know how to do the opposite too like limit the level. :D

EDIT: BTW, I tried your patch. No glitches so far. :D

Yes, the main part shouldn't have any glitches now.
WAON is a Japanese, so he didn't use ANSI for text encoding.
A solution to this kind of issue is to open the .txt in your Microsoft Word. I've uploaded an attachment in this post, which is the converted document. If you still can't read it, you can open this spoiler:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• 良い子はきちんと説明を読みまし??
    3.1 KB · Views: 12
Years
Sorry, that I bump this thread up, but I need information on my project.
I know level 127 is pretty high, but why not more?
Isn´t it possible to go higher without bugs?

Back