• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: X and Y positions of textbox?

looper

German Hacker
Years
I tried it out, it works even with german ROMs, after trying, I found out, that the Data is refreshed when refreshing the Map.

So you can easy edit it with a levelscript on each Map, to set it for all Texts.

writebytetooffset 0x2 0x020204b5

will set the box to the top

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I tried it out, it works even with german ROMs, after trying, I found out, that the Data is refreshed when refreshing the Map.

So you can easy edit it with a levelscript on each Map, to set it for all Texts.

writebytetooffset 0x2 0x020204b5

will set the box to the top
And when the map is refreshed, it will come back down?
Does it work with all the textboxes? (normal, sign)

looper

German Hacker
Years
it works with all textboxes.

When the Map is refreshed(eg.Warp) the Position of the Textbox is normal again

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I was thinking we could maybe get something cool going with this. My thoughts are to maybe move the textbox into the middle of the screen and use a fadescreen for cutscenes. But that's not just it, it'd also be cool if we could find a way for the textbox to disappear and just have the text on top of the fadescreen, y'know?

looper

German Hacker
Years
Do you mean like when you dont have any pokémon left?

I guess there is an routine for that, I'll look....

Does anyone know, how to replace Yes/No/Multiple Choice Boxes?

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
Do you mean like when you dont have any pokémon left?

I guess there is an routine for that, I'll look....

Does anyone know, how to replace Yes/No/Multiple Choice Boxes?

yup. The Yes/No-Boxes can be changed with a Text Hack, IDK what else you could mean about it. For the multichoice boxes: There's a header - I think there's a tutorial about its lay-out. I'll add link later.

EDIT: Here it is: pokecommunity.com/ showthread.php?t=165939

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I was thinking we could maybe get something cool going with this. My thoughts are to maybe move the textbox into the middle of the screen and use a fadescreen for cutscenes. But that's not just it, it'd also be cool if we could find a way for the textbox to disappear and just have the text on top of the fadescreen, y'know?

This is pretty much what I was thinking. It happens when the player is whited out and has to go to the PC/back home, so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years

I've hacked the textbox graphics once, so maybe it could check a variable, and if it's set, it will load a blank textbox graphic, and make it disappear. I'll have to find out where it's loaded again, which won't take long.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Even if you can delete the graphics from the textbox, it will be necessary to use a font that does not have a white background. because even without the textbox is still a white background where the letters appear.

see:

Logan

Years
We weren't talking about deleting the textbox we're talking about having it 'disappear' for small moments in the game.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Sorry, it was only one way to show what I meant.
I haked the routine of the textbox to load any graphic I want, when I tried to just do the letters appear (not carrying any graph) which appeared in the image.

But seeing as well, I think the problem with this option in itself, is not the background of the letters. But the routine that carries the letters. That should carry them along to the background where they are written.
Because even increasing the textbox (vertically) these "lines" also increases.

If I get something I'll post here.

And sorry for the horrible english ...
google's fault.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
You could try taking a look at what goes on in the scripting command for emerald(emerald-only), "hidebox2" or the ruby/sapphire only "hidebox" command.

Logan

Years
I saw a video of ShinyQuagsire's on Youtube which I believe he's going to post here soon and he's done it ;).

Shiny Quagsire

Years
I saw a video of ShinyQuagsire's on Youtube which I believe he's going to post here soon and he's done it ;).

Right as I uploaded it. XD

To insert the hack, compile this code:

Spoiler:

or use the compiled version:
Code:
00 28 09 D1 07 B4 09 48 00 F0 0B F8 00 28 02 D0 07 BC 08 48 03 E0 07 BC 05 49 40 18 FF E7 06 49 08 47 01 49 08 47 C0 46 69 E5 06 08 XX XX 00 00 EC 1D 47 08 YY YY YY 08 4D 04 15 08

Replace the XX's with the fipped version of the variable, ex: 4052 = 52 40, and the YY's with a pointer to your black pallet.

The black pallet is up to you, but this is the one I use:
Code:
2E 53 00 00 FF 7F F7 5A FF 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Just paste that in a hex editor in an offset ending in 0, 2, 4, 8, or C.

In case you didn't see the header in the routine, place pointer to this routine at 0x150450 place the bytes '08 47' at 0x15044A.

If you have any problems, just ask and I'll try to fix them. ;)

Shiny Quagsire

Years
okay..... I meant with the Choice boxes not the texts but the position

This can be done via script:
Code:
multichoice [xx] [yy] [zz] [aa]
xx: X co-ordinate
yy: Y co-ordinate
zz: Multi ID. Refer to Multi List
aa: Determines if B can cancel. 0x0 means B can cancel.

Back