• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] my stuff

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
sorted from newest to oldest

Spoiler:

Figure of friend

Spoiler:

sketch of someone I know irl, have some strong feelings for him but it's a long story, sketch is pretty terrible though :p

Spoiler:

someone wanted me to draw feferi from homestuck

Spoiler:

A commission sheet. I AM NOT DOING COMMISSIONS HERE, DO NOT ASK NOR DO NOT ASK WHERE YOU CAN GET THEM. This is just to show off the art.

Commander conceptual art
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A character, named Mike. Yeah I drew his eyes like that because the idea was "Draw this character 'kawaii'" (I usually refrain from drawing in such a style). It doesn't make sense for him to be looking that way, but the dude doesn't even wear sunglasses so it's not like it COULDN'T happen. pshaw

Spoiler:

the best pokemon ever

Spoiler:

TAILSSSSSS

Spoiler:

Fennekin doing some dance thing

Spoiler:

GREY CATBIRD

some flash animation I'm just going to leave here

Spoiler:

some character named Matilda I use

Spoiler:

SHADOE

Spoiler:

obama's reaction to election '12

Spoiler:

elazul from legend of mana LAUGHING

Spoiler:

fa'diel style

Spoiler:

stuff

Spoiler:

guy who I used to be friends with

Spoiler:

swellow

Spoiler:

cardinals

Spoiler:

Guy with pokemon that I'm not friends with anymore

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Holy crap. These are fantastic. Quite a lot of awesome stuff in here. Saw that you made a re-introduction thread earlier. Totally hope you stay and post pieces of epicness in here. <3;

My favorite work from all of the ones you've posted in here has to be this. I do not have any complaints with it apart from the birds seeming a bit plump - perhaps a little more than they actually should be. But yes, everything apart from that minor nitpick is just as perfect as it can be. What I love the most is probably the colors. They're just vivid and so full of life. Usually I wouldn't wanna make use of greens in between reds and yellows but the way you've utilized it in there is something only a person who've practiced his ass off can do. Honestly, just fabulous stuff. I can't think of anything else to say, really. As for your other works, I quite like this one as well. Although I do not think the sharp brush strokes mesh as well with the relatively blurry ones at some places. Lighting is good and shading's been done nicely. I can totally see that the bird on his face is something that has been added after the whole thing was done, though. It seems that way - probably due to the bird's feet sticking out to a degree. Just doesn't look natural, I'm afraid. The bird seems kinda small as well. :p But yes, some fantastic usage of brush strokes in there - Liking the grass a lot.

I'll keep it short for now and just say I'm a massive fan of your works already. I do think you tend to do better at realistic stuff rather than cartoon-ish due to the sheer beauty of the bird drawings you've done. Not only the aforementioned colorful one, even the other (this one) has been done masterfully. Don't know if it is limited to birds or you're amazing at everything realistic but yeah, would definitely love to see more of your realistic stuff. And yes, Mike kind of fades in comparison to other works of yours. :p Your animated works are really well done as well. Honchkrow(?) and 'fa'diel style' stand out to me.

Anyway, keep posting. Your stuff is awesome. Can't stress it enough.
Edit: lmao the title makes me think of droomph's gallery. His goes by the name "mah stuff". ;p

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Let me start off by saying that I totally did not even see this thread. ;; Not because I didn't care! It just completely escaped me because I wasn't paying attention or something to that effect. Then Dero VMd me somewhat randomly and mentioned a small something about your gallery and how I should check it out if I haven't already, etc, etc, etc. Well, Corvidae, I am so, so glad I stopped in.

This, this right here. This is professional quality work, friend. That is just astounding. Your eye for color is so highly developed, it's clear that you're a veteran artist. That being said, I love, love, love how you break up these truly amazing pieces with things like dancing Fennekin! I love it when great artists don't take themselves too seriously. It also kind of tells me that even though you're clearly talented enough to pursue a career in art-- you still have fun with the "little stuff" [not that animation can be so quickly and easily reduced to "simple", but you know what I mean!].

All of these are really great. Your birds are just immaculate and your colors well.. they're even better! Tbh, I'm kind of at a loss for words. It's just astounding to me that you showed up after a break and produced this quality of art. I am a huge, huge fan of your work already. Please, at all costs, keep this gallery alive! Everyone in A&D does great work, but it's galleries like this that really gives A&D its reputation! Thank you so much for posting Corvidae, I hope to see lots more from you! <3

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
thanks guys I'll remember to post more stuff here

Spoiler:

SCHWARZCHILD RADIUS

"The black hole entered the solar system. Everyone else is dead. Bear witness to the end of time."

This was meant to be something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT but it became this :U black holes and gravity are an obsession of mine so yeah

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
The birds. That's really all that needs to be said.

I'm going to take a more original route with my commentary, because you're already quite good at the realistic/painterly stuff, and everyone else is going to gravitate to that, naturally (though I still like the chibi Mike, just because I think it's kind of funny in a charming sense).

I wish I could see your Newgrounds animation, but it won't load or play for me. You oughta convert your animations to something you can stick on youtube (or your own site if you have one). All the other animated stuff, though, I really like the style of choice. Lineless, but somewhat stylized. I like everything about the Shadow the Hedgehog animation, from the colors to the trippy looking background. Really cool to see Tails too, a favorite character of mine (well, Classic Tails anyway). I like that he looks somewhat like Classic Tails here (though his body is too large to be CT in full, if anything it's half and half). I also appreciate how you have him blink after several frames. Just having a character blink shows signs of life, and it's something I like to see people include (as even some professional animations don't have characters do that these days :|).

What do you use to animate with, anyway? Especially since everything looks kind of scratchy and pixelated.

Murkrow. There's a Pokemon I forgot existed, but I like the colors a lot. Ahaha, you almost got away with it. The wing on its right, when it flaps, it shouldn't look like that at all. You must've used some sort of animation tricks or something, because it seems like the right wing just mirrors everything the left wing does. That's probably what's causing the error. From that angle, I think you'd see the inner details with a flap that looks like that for one, but then it's totally inverted. I dunno, it's just kind of creepy. Personally, I only do frame by frame animation, and only use at most motion tweens for scrolling (or for an animation rough where full movement is not the focus), so I'm actually very very lost on the sort of animation shortcuts people use and how they work, but I used to work for a game studio where people did use those methods, so I know them when I see them. I just never learned how to do things that way.

There's really not a lot I can say about that, though. Unlike in illustration where a person can critique your art in the hopes that you'll come out better next time, a person can't really say "go draw every frame by hand" without taking into consideration that maybe that's just the way the person animates, or it just seeming subjective and/or pendantic beyond belief. And people do it professionally, so I dunno. I'm just sort of traditional. Frame by frame animation takes forever, anyway.

Anyway, the "fox newbie that isn't Vulpix" is cute. It took me a while to notice that it wasn't just jumping up and down, but legs were actually moving. I guess one of the drawbacks of a lineless style (on a white background no less). I really like it, but, I dunno, again I'd just like to see how that would look if it didn't seem like scale and skew tools were used.

I really wish I had a better idea of how you work with longer animations.

Sorry for getting all up in yours. I don't mean to be so nitpicky, but I just feel like there's a lot of potential here. Again, though, it's really nice stuff overall.

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Don't worry, I prefer a much more in depth review anyhow. It helps me identify my issues. I really appreciate how you comment on my animations actually <3

If you're curious, I just quickly export them using Adobe Flash CS3. The jaggedness in the animation isn't present in the original SWFs. I don't upload them onto Youtube since my computer is crap and can't handle the process of converting SWF to AVI or something.

I find it amusing that you reference Tails as "classic tails" since I was just working from memory :U I don't really try to draw any character in a specific style, just what comes natural to me. It's funny that I got him pretty close actually.

On Murkrow - Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I was a bit depressed when making those few animations actually and an attempt to overcome it, I just pumped out a short loop a day to keep myself occupied. As such, I took quite a few shortcuts. My animation uses a lot of tweening as opposed to frame-by-frame (although I still use it quite often). The NG flash doesn't use nearly as many shortcuts (although I used the Cane symbol like 200000 times @-@)

I should be uploading reference pics for characters on a game I'm working on with a friend soon. :U So then you can critique my designs lol

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
The wonders of your art are making me push myself to become a digital artist myself! It's better than a lot of other works I've seen. Keep it up!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Wow, you're extremely skilled and talented. Even in my wildest of dreams I couldn't do any of that. Your art looks so realistic!

My favorite were all the birds and the "Guy with pokemon that I'm not friends with anymore". Do you have any tips on starting off making digital art for all us newbies? :p

Bravo on everything, though. I hope to see more from you! :)

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Wow man can i hire you for some unique pokemons?
I can design them. Don't expect them Sugimori style though, that's not really my thing :U I draw in my own style. I actually made like 100 fakemons a while back for my own ROM hack. That was a super long time ago though.

My favorite were all the birds and the "Guy with pokemon that I'm not friends with anymore". Do you have any tips on starting off making digital art for all us newbies? :p
Understand colour theory, draw by hand first, try your hardest to learn proportions/anatomy and experiment. I mean, that's what you should do. Also, don't try to define yourself from another style. Don't draw anime or manga just because it's cool. Draw what comes naturally to you. Art is self expression - just trying to do what everyone else is hardly self expression, now is it?

And most importantly, never ever give up. When I was 13 I was drawing stuff like this but as I got older I just didn't give up and I've progressively gotten better over time.

That's my advice.

UPDATE:

Commander conceptual art
Spoiler:

The commander character concept from the game I'm working on with a friend.

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Spoiler:

Actually a commission sheet for elsewhere. NO, I AM NOT DOING COMMISSIONS HERE. I just thought I'd post it because the art's pretty cool. The canvas I used was a bit small so my impressionist style is a little more blurry than usual >.>

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I... can't view any of your new pics. Is it just me? Is anyone else having that problem? I don't wanna spam, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention, or at least find out if others have the same problem.

Also, I hear ya about keeping yourself occupied when feeling down. I ended up making giftart for someone (a white Nidorina picture) to keep my mind off of news that made me sick to my stomach. I had to find something else to do. It's all good.

Edit: I just decided to do a right click > properties thing and copy and paste the hyperlinks into my search bar. I'll leave the above post up because I still want to know if it's just me, but here's some new stuff based on the new art:

I like the newest picture, I'm guessing that's the Homestuck one? I'm unfamiliar with the series. I like how it's mostly made up of purple and blue colors. I also really like the commander picture, mostly by the way you painted it. I like seeing the yellows go into the greens, great stuff.

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I fixed the links and I added a few things.

specifically
Spoiler:

sketch of someone I know irl, have some strong feelings for him but it's a long story, sketch is pretty terrible though :p

Spoiler:

someone wanted me to draw feferi from homestuck

Edit: I just decided to do a right click > properties thing and copy and paste the hyperlinks into my search bar. I'll leave the above post up because I still want to know if it's just me, but here's some new stuff based on the new art:

I like the newest picture, I'm guessing that's the Homestuck one? I'm unfamiliar with the series. I like how it's mostly made up of purple and blue colors. I also really like the commander picture, mostly by the way you painted it. I like seeing the yellows go into the greens, great stuff.
Just noticed this. As a reminder I did edit the hyperlinks if that helps.

Yeah it is homestuck - my friend's birthday is coming up and he had a request. The original had... something missing so obviously I couldn't post THAT here lol. But this is the edited version and I think it came out pretty good. I personally think the character's colour scheme is absolutely grating but I got it to work... somehow...

Glad you like the commander. I use layering techniques to achieve this effect. I might post a tut later...

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Spoiler:

Okay this one's a bit weird so lemme explain myself

I have a best friend/love interest who's a really awesome guy but he's blind so I felt kinda bad that I wanted to draw a picture of him, but couldn't share it. So I made a figure so he can feel it

o3o

The cool thing that you can't really see in the photo is that the figure is awesome to the touch. Like, there's all these really cool bumps and imprints, and I used multiple glazes to keep things really interesting.

also you might notice some bumps on the base, I wrote his name in braille (or at least ATTEMPTED TO, GAWD). fun fun fun

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
Another awesome thread here. Very creative ones. Your style of blending the colour is very unique; "Commander conceptual art", totally loving what you have done with this art. Very cute animated pokemon works. Love them all. The birds are very attractive ones as well. Nice fa'diel style :D Other animations are also very interesting ones. had fun going through them. :D

Back