• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reapers: Keepers of the Balance (M) [Most Original 1Q '13]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 3 - Meeting

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia had retaken her seat and just observed the others in the room. It seemed like some had trouble agreeing with others. It also seemed like some were shocked at her telepathy. Normally that was only used by the Grims. As far as I know I'm the only non Grim telepath she thought. She noticed some agreed with what she had said, others didn't. But there were a few who pointed out she might be right but instead of fully changing just add variety or switch opponents. One Reaper even yelled at the Grims. idiot she thought shaking her head.

Fighting isn't going to help anything! she snapped irritated as she stood again glaring at each person in the room. We all have our own opinions, but we are not going to think of a clear thing to do until we stop fighting among ourselves. she shook her head again crossing her arms. This meeting is going nowhere, and it will continue to do so until we all get along. she walked towards the doors. I'm out of here until the rest of you can get along, come find me either when you can or if it involves a mission she sneered and swiftly walked out of the room not looking back.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Spencer - Chapter 3 - Reaper Meeting

------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer hardly managed to hold his ground as he felt the whole world vibrate around him, almost as if he would soon launch off of the surface of the planet. He went entirely on the defensive and knew this was a battle he had long lost. One thing was for sure, his opinion of the Grims would remain firm and solid as iron. He knew he would have to comply for now and keep his suspicions to himself, but he continued to look onwards with some determination at the Grim even when his telepathic rampage had came to an end. His allies... all the reapers around him... humanity... the harbingers... his sister... he wouldn't allow any of them to come to injury as long as their interests remained noble, innocent, and pure.

He had forgotten an important rule though, but one day... he would come to conflict with the grims. He could feel it in the pit of his stomach as it was just a matter of time. The harbingers were up to something though, and he had to figure out what. The room remained eerily silent until Adrian spoke once more about the prospect of a Vampire Army in Russia, the benefits of increasing the size of mission teams, and also bringing in non-human Reapers into the situation.

Spencer frowned as Adrian's ideas were pelted by the crowd. They murmured and denied the idea without giving it thought. Spencer had to admit, the last idea would never be entire agreeable among the Reapers but it was something Spencer felt was a strong idea, but it brought a few things to mind. The Harbingers were definitely unifying and preparing for something. That could definitely be said in stone. The other thing would be, what if this unifying movement of Harbingers was brought onto the other planets. They would have to contain this process. If these Harbingers managed to spread on, they would be even more of a threat they would need to alert the other reapers.

About to voice his thoughts, he heard a few outbursts from a few reapers he had never seen that were interrupted by another voice, who seemed familiar.

"Why are so many of you so quick to toss this idea aside? After all, it's not the first time something like this has happened. Granted, many of you are probably too young to remember the last time Reapers mingled between different realms in large numbers, and many of you would be unaware of countless missions that involve such tactics. Why do you think so many realms have vivid tales of alien life?" Spencer couldn't see this person at all but it made him think for sure that if Reapers could easily spread across realms, then these harbingers would have no trouble doing so.

"Or is it simply because you are scared of this threat?" The voice said, chuckling. "I suppose I wouldn't blame you; many of you would not be up to the task, if you prove to be so uncooperative in your missions as much as you are here. However, let it be known that, whether you take up this fight or not, the Harbingers are likely to be knocking on your doors at any moment. Kris, for example, is one individual that can easily discover a way to travel between the realms. He's done so in the past, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has been doing so all along, right beneath your noses."

This did more than enforce Spencer's previous ideas. He had a good idea of what was going on and he would need to get informed about it later.

"This meeting is going nowhere, and it will continue to do so until we all get along. said another voice. "I'm out of here until the rest of you can get along, come find me either when you can or if it involves a mission she sneered and swiftly walked out of the room not looking back."

Spencer agreed, but he also wanted to escape the judgement of the Grim. This situation was getting intense and Spencer was beginning to feel more bitter about the situation. He wouldn't be able to continue to remain sane at this meeting and he had enough for that day. Pushing other Reapers gently aside, he caved his way through the crowd towards the exit. He was going to follow suite. He didn't care anymore for this meeting because this was probably all of the information he was going to get out of it. He would need to speak to some of his fellow Reapers later on and maybe do some investigation of his own into the situation. The world was getting further and further out of balance and he couldn't allow Harbingers or Reapers to prevent this.

Lighting a cigarette, he noticed the female reaper, who had left. He looked at her fiercely as he blew a smoke ring up and laughed.

"You... are you just gonna leave during the meeting like that?" Spencer said with a straight face. He knew the question applied to himself as well, but she seemed to just be angry at how cooperative the body of Reapers indoors was.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 3-

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia turned as she heard a voice behind her first laughing then speaking. "You... are you just gonna leave during the meeting like that?" turning around she spotted a man with blonde hair smoking a cigarette. She found it rather ironic that he was asking her that when he had left the meeting as well.

Well, it's obvious I did, and your one to talk you left too she smirked as she talked telepathically. Like I said, it was going no where. We were never going to accomplish anything as long as they kept fighting. she shook her head. Can I have one of those? she smirked more leaning against the wall of the building and smoothing the skirt of her gown. By the way I'm Camillia, and you are?

Years

Betsalel

Betsalel again returned to the front of the platform on which he stood, at the request of Destiny. He normally wouldn't budge to a request by a lesser reaper but he did so only because she too was Atlantean.
He spoke the assembled reapers again
"the grims plan of attack is to proceed as we have been using our missions to gain intelligence. I can guarantee you the larger teams you have requested but as for the composition of a task force and the involvement of non-human reapers I will have to consult with the other grims in charge of Geos.

It is clear that nobody here has any more to add that can be of use just yet, for the time being you are permitted to discuss the matter amongst yourselves until your next missions are set to begin. The current meeting is adjourned and we will reconvene in no more than two weeks."

With that Betsalel signalled Aries and Mortis to follow him before leaving the amphitheatre.
I learned more than they'll ever know from that meeting

Adrian Frode

Adrian had been pleased that Destiny had not just defended him but endorsed his idea, he made a mental note to thank her for her cooperation at the end of the meeting... which came surprisingly soon. Seemingly out of nowhere Betsalel agreed to increase the size of mission teams as soon as possible and even said he would mention Adrian's other suggestions to the other grims.
I have never seen a grim become so agreeable so sudden... is it possible for them to be bi-polar?

Heeding Betsalel's advice Adrian left his seat, nodding at Luka, and walked through the room in search of Destiny. Upon finding her he said
"Hello Destiny, thank you for your support. I know that the opinion of one such as yourself will likely hold a lot of sway so you aiding me means a lot. But all that aside, I'd like to compare notes on these enemies of ours and put together what we know free of this mindless bickering."

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Luka Sokolov - Chapter 3-3: A little disappointing...

Instead of harsh criticism, he was supported, or at least positively acknowledged, by Spencer and the big guy. He did meet some disagreement from Destiny, someone who he considered one of his idols, in a way. It saddened him a little to hear that she had missed the point of the "Realize and remind ourselves" part, but when someone of her caliber misses something you say, you probably didn't do the best job saying it. He knew she had said he was not unbeatable, but knowing and truly understanding, even believing something, were different things entirely. Knowing things is easy, but when you are in a losing battle it is one's belief that falters. Is he really beatable? That's where the "remind yourself" part comes in. Another example was himself. He was an able-bodied reaper with good aim, so it was impossible for him to be absolutely useless, but he had a hard time actually believing it. He realized he probably should have said all that earlier (except that last part), but it was too late now. About Kris, though. Was she really not overestimating him? It should be impossible for a humanoid to be able to destroy a planet in the time span she had said, but he knew that nothing was impossible. If that was true, it was incredible that Destiny was still alive and in one piece. What was he in comparison?

Luka shifted in his seat, not liking where his mind was turning and desperate for the attention to fade away from him. Fortunately for him, but unfortunately for Spencer, the latter had taken it upon himself to provoke the Grim Reaper and shift the focus of the meeting onto him via Betsalel's tirade. Luka took a deep breath, glad that he wasn't in Spencer's position right now. Adrian then stood and spoke what became the final ideas of the meeting, suggesting a task force and to work together with alien reapers. The first idea seemed smart to Luka and he wondered if he could volunteer to join if the Grim Reapers accepted the idea. The second was something that Luka wasn't sure he was comfortable with. Sure, he knew that they needed the help, but he felt that it could do more harm than good. It wouldn't make humanity look very good in the eyes of other species, but beyond that, Destiny said that Kris could come "knocking on your doors at any moment". If so, what's stopping someone anywhere near his level or with unique abilities from doing so elsewhere once other planets are less protected? The Grim Reapers don't know enough about the situation, so they need to be extra cautious, not send all the reapers to Earth at once. There needed to be a balance of reapers per planet to make sure everybody is equally protected.

After Adrian presented his ideas, Camillia and Spencer left, as did Betsalel, ending the meeting. He noticed Adrian approach Destiny, so Luka got up and approached his former squadmates as well. Maybe he could contribute something to their discussion and hear about their missions. He stopped in his tracks upon realizing something, though. If he were to go and reunite the warehouse team, it would be painfully obvious that Nox was missing; gone because of Luka's incompetence. Either they knew already or Luka would feel compelled to tell them, not thinking he would be able to lie to both of them but not willing to face that judgement. Instead, Luka made a beeline for the door. He spotted Camillia and Spencer talking but passed by them, breaking into a run to clear his head.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3

Adrian once again had a couple ideas on how to proceed. "How does he get these ideas?" Masato thought, secretly impressed. Shortly after, Camillia and another reaper called Spencer left. Betsalel left, as well, but not before accepting Adrian's idea for larger teams. The grims would have to discuss the other issue; whether they'd bring alien reapers to earth as back-up. It seemed like a sound idea. After all, everyone needs help now and then.

The meeting seemingly broken up, Masato stood and silently walked to the exit. If that harbinger was to attack again, he'd have to be ready. He walked out, passing Spencer and Camillia, and headed straight for his place first. He had made sure everything there was in order before he left. Afterwards, he went to a secluded area of flatland nearby his house. He sat down in the middle of this area and closed his eyes, thinking and strategizing about his foe and what he could do differently.

Suddenly, he had a thought. He stood up and raced back home. He made a bee-line for the nearest mirror. Masato concentrated on the image of the harbinger that fought him. As he did, he felt himself changing. "Its working!" he thought happily and with a little surprise. He opened his eyes after his body stopped quivering...and the harbinger was looking at him in the mirror! He looked down and saw that he had fully transformed into the foe that almost killed him.

"Lets try something else," he said out loud, noting his voice matched perfectly to the image. He closed his eyes again and concentrated on another reaper, Camillia. He felt his body rearranging again and opened his eyes again after a few minutes. Success!! He had better let the others know, however. "Better to kinda leave them in shock and awe, though," he thought, chuckling to himself. He started walking back to the meeting place, still changed into Camillia's appearance, and show the others there might be a way to confuse the harbingers.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
BERNARD "DEMON" WESTERLY

Bernard moved towards the door as soon as the meeting was closed. Several of the more serious Reapers tried to stop him and give him a good tongue-lashing, but he just brushed them aside. Brushing powerful beings aside wasn't that hard when you're almost seven feet tall with arms the size of small trees. Some of the younger, more reckless Reapers began to follow him. Several of them began to rant about how all of the other Reapers are way too cautious, and that they should take action immediately. "Stop following me. I don't want any followers." He sighed and turned sharply around a corner. It seemed like they had gone away, so Bernard was alright with it. Where's the god damn training field? I need to blow off some steam.

20 minutes later

Bernard walked into the massive training ring and unsheathed Demon Slayer, a massive six-foot broadsword. His two axes, Fang and Claw, were sheathed at his thighs, and his hammer, Earth-Shaker, was slung around his back. The walking fortress was a man to be feared, especially when angry. He approached a target dummy and took a mighty swing, somehow cutting it in half. "God dammit!" Bernard decided that nothing was as good as the real thing. What could he do though? He would have to settle for this. He sheathed Demon Slayer and unslung Earth-Shaker. The war hammer was about seven feet long, but the head was only a foot long. The long shaft made for excellent grip, and the large hammer head was big enough to make a dent in a large skyscraper. He swung it with a bit of force, but he still managed to damage another dummy. "God DAMMIT!" He slung Earth-Shaker back and pulled Claw and Fang out. The axes were normal sized battle-axes, but they were sharper than any natural axe. He swung Fang at the dummy to his left, and Claw at the one on the right. He managed to leave a noticable slash mark in each of them. "GOD DAMMIT!" Bernard was furious with the other Reapers for being so cautious, he was furious because the other Reapers tried to stop him just to prove a point, and he was furious for the other Reapers for respecting him. He didn't want to be respected because he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. He was just furious in general.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Spencer - Chapter 3 - Reaper Meeting

------------------------------------------------------------------

Shocked by Camillia's telepathic abilities, Spencer gave her a slight grin and his eyes slightly widened. So this was the girl using telepathy back at the meeting. Was she incapable of speech? If so, then this may be her way to make up for her mortal shortcoming. Regardless, the capability to do so seemed to be advanced to Spencer. Spencer clumsily dug into his vest pocket for a cigarette and handed it over to her along with a lighter. He had smoked far to many of these and it was very likely that if he wasn't an immortal, he would have probably lost his lungs by now.

"Just call me Spencer Holden." he said modestly while giving a weak wave. He held his cigarette at the corner of his mouth while speaking, the cigarette remaining still the entire time he talked.She seemed to share his views on the just recent meeting. He looked at what she was dressed in as she smoothed her gown and he gave a content chuckle. "You're English... Aren't you?"

Spencer felt he could begin a group effort to learn more of the harbingers, but he would need to have a pact of sorts. He felt that the Grims were up too something and maybe he would have to operate separate from them. If that was the case, he would try to get informed about everything before the Grims could and also before the Harbingers could make their move. He doubted he could stop it, but he would have to start improving his abilities whether he liked it or not. Solely brute strength wasn't going to get him through this alive and he knew just where to start. With his fellow Reapers.
(OOC: Sorry for the short-ish post)

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 3 -

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia grinned back at Spencer and shook her head at his reaction to her telepathy. Seeing peoples reactions is actually very amusing she thought taking the cigarette and lighter from him she lit it and then gave the lighter back. Nice to meet you Spencer, and yes I am English she took a put the cigarette in the corner of her mouth. I could see your surprised by my telepathy...I was on trial in Salem during the witch trials and they removed my tongue. So I was granted Telepathy she took a drag of the cigarette thinking back to the meeting. What's your idea for the Harbingers? she asked before seeing out of the corner of her eyes someone walking towards them that looked just like her. What the hell.

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3

Disguised as Camillia, Masato walked back to the meeting place. Along the way, he came across Spencer and Camillia, herself. "This' ll be fun," he thought to himself as he approached them. He gave a slight bow to both, just to signify to her who he really was. He then came close enough to whisper to her, "Its Masato. This is an idea I just had. Come with me to the meeting room so I can show everyone else."

Masato then turned to Spencer, who no doubt was confused, and nodded to him before entering the meeting room, approaching Adrian and his little group. "I had another idea I wanted to run across you," he stated, his voice sounding just like the voice she used telepathically, "but I need to wait until most of us are together again." He stood there with a grin on his face, eagerly waiting to see everyone's reaction.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
BERNARD "DEMON" WESTERLY

Several thousand practice dummies later, Bernard left the ring, seething. He had to kill something. It was the only way to vent his anger. God damn Grims and Reapers...Always having to put a negative side to things. If there was one thing that Bernard didn't like, it was negativity. He appreciated what that Russian-looking Reaper had said, about how a negative attitude will just get you killed. The next time he went into battle, it would take an entire horde of Harbingers to stop him. It was damn near impossible back before I was a Reaper. Now, it'll only be harder. When Bernard was still a mortal, he was the bane of all armies that stood before him. Not a single soldier could stop him. Armies tried, thousands fell. As an immortal Reaper, with even greater strength and durability, he could destroy entire armies without suffering a scratch.

Demon was walking past the ampitheatre, and he noticed a small congregation of Reapers gathered around. That looks like trouble. Better go check it out. He was still in full armor, but he would be fine. Stealth wasn't needed. He walked to a nearby pillar and waited for the small meeting to begin. Surely it wasn't anything import-Wait the phone! There were two of the exact same people!

Years

Adrian Frode

Adrian had just attempted to start a conversation when he was interrupted by what appeared to be the telepathic woman from earlier, except she was speaking vocally.
What the hell...
Adrian considered the female reaper for a while before deciding that she was probably a different reaper, using the appearance of the telepathic woman - which was probably the unknown reapers idea.

Adrian looked at Destiny, wondering whether or not she had come to the same conclusion, before turning to the look-alike and saying
"Before you were using telepathy in a room that was mostly quiet at the time to communicate - and you didn't seem to be in the best of moods. In fact, you stormed out of the room and may not have even heard every last idea I suggested. So it seems rather odd that right now you are in this room talking to me about those ideas at all - let alone vocally."

Adrian didn't exactly appreciate the reapers joke in such a serious environment, but he had to admire the sense of humour they displayed and their ingenuity in the face of a problem.
"I'm going to assume that shifting our appearances is your idea. There are a few problems with this that spring to mind but I'd rather address you to your actual face if you don't mind."
Wonder who this is...

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years

Chapter info.

Missions:
•Attend meeting of the Reapers
•Begin mission 3

Partners:
None...

Healthy

Kalek Noire
Chapter 3
Part One

Kalek stood in the center of his training yard, an area of compacted dirt directly in front of the foreboding building that served as his house. It was authentic Roman architecture, and showed every last detail, down tho the realistic faces of the stone carving above his door. He began a series of long, graceful stretches, which appeared to be him fighting in slow motion to any that did not know the stretch themselves.

This continued for ten minutes, at which point Kalek straightened, and drew his longsword. He walked to a darkened corner, where he drew out a not so complex automated dummy. It would fight back, and was designed to specifically hone one's defensive skills. He drew a ready stace, and began blocking the blows with ease, seemingly with no end in sight.

Fixed Float!

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3

"Very well, then," he said, still under the guise of Camillia, "I kinda figured you'd see through something THIS obvious." He laughed, as Masato reverted back to his original form. "Of course, this was my idea. I can disguise myself to appear as anyone I see." He illustrated this by looking directly at Adrian, noticing his features, and turning into an exact duplicate of him. "I can alter my appearance and voice to where its virtually impossible to tell who's who. Its not just reapers, either," he said, as he reverted from Adrian to an exact copy of the harbinger that attacked him earlier. "This form was the harbinger that attacked me on my past mission," he explained, turning back to his original form. He had to sit down for a few minutes, as he needed his own energy to transform himself and he was getting tired.

His breath getting a little heavier, he continued, "The only things I cannot copy are powers, skills, and memories. I also do not have their weapons. It may seem to be useless, but it may be enough to confuse the harbingers, allowing us to have the advantage." He looked around to the others, not sure about their reacton to what he said or did, but he stood up all the same. "It is only an idea, so critcize it or accept it as you wish. All the same, it sounded good. At least to me." With that said, Masato waited for what he was sure would be negative feedback about all this. He may still use it, regardless.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 3 -

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia nodded deep in thought as she listened to Masato's explanation. At first when she had seen a second of herself she felt anger bubbling up, thinking it was a harbinger trick. But the moment Masato had bowed at her she knew it was him. Hmm, I know what I can point out about his idea she thought blowing a smoke ring from her cigarette as she walked over to him taking something from the pocket of her dress when she saw he seemed tired after changing from himself, to her, to the guy she didn't know, to the harbinger they had faced.

Here this will give you your energy back she handed him a vial full of a bright purple liquid. and don't worry, it's not poison she smirked a bit. As for your idea...it could have merit but here's my suggestion. Since you can't copy skills try not to change into the one person that can not talk. If you changed into me and said something it would quickly become obvious that you were not me.

Years

Adrian Frode

Adrian nodded in agreement with the telepathic woman, who had arrived and explained her views on the situation - which were in a similar vain to the thoughts of Adrian. The look-alike, who turned out to be that Masato guy from earlier, had explained his abilities and limitations and it was that which had brought on the explanation from the telepathic girl. Adrian still had more to add though
"Firstly" he said to the woman "my name is Adrian Frode and I don't believe we have met, yours name is?" without waiting for a reply he looked at Masato and gave him the critique he seemed to be expecting "Your idea has some merits, being able to confuse an enemy for even a short amount of time is a benefit. Unfortunately your lack of ability to copy our skills, memories and weapons will render this skill next to useless in the long run. Especially since you are the only one around with this skill. Basically that limits you to being able to act as bate temporarily or gives you a handy method of escaping detection for a small amount of time as you flee. So whilst your talent has some uses it will not benefit us against the harbingers in the long run because not only is it flawed strategically but once they learn of your ability, if they haven't already, and its flaws they will easily make use of the information and render the strategy useless."

Adrian was going to continue with his critique when he was interrupted yet again, not by another reaper this time, but by a loud cawing - the noise made by a crow or raven.
Already? Which of us is getting stuck with a mission so soon after such a major meeting? Adrian's curiosity was soon replaced by irritation as the large black bird landed on his shoulder.
Crap... I wanted to plan for fighting the harbingers more. Adrian removed the scroll of paper from the birds leg and opened it

Adrian Frode and Masato Ryu.

It has come to the attention of the Grim Reapers that a trio of lost souls have appeared in Beijing, China. These souls seem to be quite widely dispersed throughout the city and are moving around rapidly. Drawing as little attention to yourselves as possible you are to capture these lost souls and take them to the appropriate afterlife before they can possess anyone or form demons.

The souls are those of a serial killer who died in a confrontation with law enforcement recently and of his two most recent victims. As such the two victims are to be escorted to the Gates of Heaven whilst the killer himself should be taken to the Gates of Hell. You are to embark on this mission immediately.

Adrian finished reading the assignment and then passed the paper to Masato.
"That talent of yours may come in handy here though. Looks like we have a mission to complete already, I'll meet you there. I'll discuss the harbingers with you all when we return." Adrian nodded his head to the telepathic reaper whose name he had forgotten to actually get and to Destiny before running to his home at a moderate pace. Upon arriving he walked into the small building and retrieved his dark coloured sword, attaching it to his belt, and his sunglasses which were soon mounted on his face.

A few minutes later Adrian found himself standing on the roof of a large factory building, leaning against a large chimney that was spewing smog into the air above the city. He assumed Masato would join him soon enough so he stood there waiting for the stealthy reaper.
Did they have to assign me a mission with a person whom I just heavily criticised? Hopefully he doesn't hold a grudge...

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3

As he listened to Camillia's words, she offered a vial of purple liquid to help with his lack of energy. He was drinking this liquid when Adrian started in, basically saying that it may be a short-time solution to a long-time problem. Masato decided that he may not be using this talent much so that he can keep it hidden from his enemies. No telling who may be watching them.

Adrian was handed a piece of paper, who then read it and gave it to Masato. He read it, showing that him and Adrian were on a mission together to China. Three lost souls were spotted in the area. One was a serial killer, while the other two were victims that he killed. Adrian soon left to get ready. Masato quickly stood up, feeling his energy returning, thanks to Camillia's potion. He faced her with a smile on his face, "Thank you again for your help. Keep this up and I'll be hard-pressed to find a way to pay you back." He said this as a joke, but put a hand on her shoulder as he passed her, gently squeezing before taking his hand back. He went to make sure he had everything ready, including having an extra soul jar stashed away in his hidden pockets, before heading out.

Soon, he passed through a portal opening out on a rooftop in China. He looked around for Adrian, soon spotting him nearby. He quickly and quietly rushed from rooftop to rooftop to where he was. "Have you seen anything yet?" he asked, hoping he hadn't missed anything. He was wary, not just for the souls, but for harbingers, too.

Years

Adrian Frode

Adrian noticed a figure moving across rooftops in his direction, soon realising it was Masato who had arrived at last.
"Have you seen anything yet?" his fellow reaper asked. Adrian, still leaning against the factory's warm chimney shook his head before saying
"I'll catch sight of one of them for a moment and then I'll lose it. They are moving rapidly and erratically throughout the city so it has been hard to keep track of a single one for more than a few minutes, let alone all three." Adrian though for a moment before continuing "I think our best option is to go after each individual soul as a team, a time consuming approach but it's the easiest way to guarantee we'll find them and catch them."

Almost immediately after the words left Adrian's mouth a sphere of blue light flew between he and Masato. Adrian looked after the glowing orb, recognising it as the default appearance of a lost soul.
You have got to be kidding me
"See what I mean by erratically? Let's go, and be quick about it!" Adrian launched himself after the soul of the deceased human, moving at near his top speed. Masato wouldn't be able to keep up, but he would be fast enough that he'd at least be able to keep Adrian well within his sight.

Adrian leapt across the rooftops of Beijing's industrial district in pursuit of the soul all the while feeling uneasy after his last mission.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Luka Sokolov - Chapter 3-4: The Healer and the Destroyer

Luka didn't make it far before he was found by a raven, the typical messenger bird of the Grim Reapers. Stopping to receive the letter, he opened it to read its contents and instantly regretted it. Luka Sokolov and Spencer Holden, it began, explaining the machinations of a terrorist group in Ethiopia and Luka's first thought was that he had to save those people from being drowned in magma. He then got to the final line. Leave no survivors.

No survivors.

Luka stared at the paper in disbelief, reading that line over and over, hoping he had only imagined it. But no, that was definitely what it said. He stopped looking at it, crushing the letter in his clenched fist and gritting his teeth. Luka had always known that the reapers weren't good guys and that he would get a mission that proved it someday but now that it was really here he couldn't believe it. He did his best not to think about it (unsuccessfully) and sprinted home to complete his usual sort of pre-mission ritual. Once he entered his home he saw his crossbow on the table where he had left it after target practice before going to the meeting. He remembered his vow to never miss a target on the next mission and was filled with regret. "Next mission I won't miss a single target, especially if their name happens to be Attano." So stupid! He rushed to his bathroom and started shaving the bushy beard that had grown within one week. Luka found himself unable to focus on anything besides the mission and cut himself several times but he didn't really worry, instead rushing out and getting all his gear before starting to make a portal to Earth. He was reluctant to go and eager to get it over with at the same time, just wanting to be away from the whole situation. Taking a deep breath, Luka stepped through the portal.

Luka entered the other side and found himself in a grove near a small village, behind which loomed the massive volcano mount Dama Ali. So this is Ethiopia, huh? He looked around and saw that the village wasn't far from a shimmering lake. Luka had researched Ethiopia for a school paper once addressing nations that lacked proper health care. Africa was a popular topic for the students, a goldmine of poor and suffering people to use for the paper. He had thought Africa was a beautiful place with its majestic wildlife and vibrant jungles and found it a pity that many of its inhabitants lived so badly. Of course not everybody in Africa is a starving child living in a stick house like propaganda seems to imply, but the village he was looking at was exactly that. Thinking over his knowledge of the country he concluded that the people in front of him were of the Afar, a pastoral muslim people. They had cities besides these villages, but even those weren't in the best condition.

Luka stepped out of the grove and into the village, looking around at the dilapidated homes and the inhabitants wrapped in typically Islamic clothing. He himself was a christian but had no intention of trying to convert the people he would soon be slaughtering. He wasn't a missionary anyway. Luka stopped in the middle of the street and noticed the many stares in his direction. He looked down, unable to look any of these people in the eyes. What if... what if killing these people would be mercy? Freedom from this suffering? He instantly put those thoughts out of his head, quickly recognizing them as sociopathic. Suddenly a woman rushed up to him and grabbed him by the arm, frantically saying something he didn't understand as she dragged him along into a building. Soon, however, Luka knew where she had taken him. Around him were rows of beds filled by sick people. This is their hospital!? Luka was in disbelief as he saw the enlarged hut with no medical equipment whatsoever. ...Do they think I can help these people? He immediately realized that he could. Ironically enough, he, the reaper sent to kill these people, was the only one he knew with the ability to cure any disease without a spell. A tear dripped down his face as he chuckled lightly.

Luka walked up to one of the patients, a little girl no more than eight years old who was breathing heavily and had her eyes closed, and placed his hands on her forehead. Neither the terrorists or Spencer had arrived yet so he had at least a little time. In his mind he prayed for forgiveness for what would surely happen on this mission before channeling his power into the girl. Many fellow reapers would be baffled to hear that he was religious, but while the things he had seen definitely shattered his faith in conventional christianity, they only strengthened his belief in a higher power. Luka focused his mind on the girl before him and stood absolutely still, eyes closed and silent, for a few moments before he stepped back. In a few moments the child's breathing slowed to a normal pace and her eyes fluttered open to see him. Her illness was gone, but he did not have a healing spell to restore her strength immediately, though she would recover herself in time. People in a crowd that had formed watching around him cheered and he heard a small number of them shout "Allahu akbar!" in very sloppy and accented Arabic, clearly not their spoken language. Luka recognized the phrase to mean "God is great." They were praising God for him? The guilt threatened to overtake him, but Luka managed to hold it back, just barely. He moved on to the next patient with tears in his eyes and continued healing the people who would be dead before the day's end by his hand.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Destiny Saviouer :: Ampitheatre, Limbo
Chapter Three :: Imposter

"The Grims' plan of attack is to proceed as we have been, using our missions to gain intelligence. I can guarantee you the larger teams you have requested, but as for the composition of a task force and the involvement of non-human reapers, I will have to consult with the other Grims in charge of Geos.

"It is clear that nobody here has any more to add that can be of use just yet, for the time being you are permitted to discuss the matter amongst yourselves until your next missions are set to begin. The current meeting is adjourned and we will reconvene in no more than two weeks."

With that, Reapers began to file out of the theatre, or fly, or teleport, or whatever other means of transportation that certain Reapers had. Destiny waited for a moment, leaning against a pillar. "Well, that was a bit annoying," she said to Crispin, her eyes following the English Reaper as he exited the theatre.

"But interesting," replied Crispin.

Ristru laughed lightly, managing to still make it sound maniacal. "Oh, the arguing! The infighting! I love it!"

Destiny smirked, brushing a piece of hair out of her face. She noticed another Reaper approaching as she did so. It was Adrian Frode.

"Hello Destiny, thank you for your support. I know that the opinion of one such as yourself will likely hold a lot of sway, so you aiding me means a lot. But all that aside, I'd like to compare notes on these enemies of ours and put together what we know free of this mindless bickering."

Destiny's smirk widened slightly. "You're sounding like a politician, Adrian," she said. "Don't do that. It's annoying," she continued as her tone flattened. "Anyways, how exactly would you like to 'compare notes'?"

There was a brief pause, and in that time another Reaper re-entered the ampitheatre. It looked like the girl that had utilized telepathy, but Destiny could easily tell that the soul belonged to another. One of the other Reapers that spoke earlier. Masato, was it?

"I had another idea I wanted to run across you," the look-alike said as they walked up to Destiny's little grouping, speaking aloud. "But I need to wait until most of us are together again."

"Before you were using telepathy in a room that was mostly quiet at the time to communicate, and you didn't seem to be in the best of moods. In fact, you stormed out of the room and may not have even heard every last idea I suggested. So it seems rather odd that right now you are in this room talking to me about those ideas at all, let alone vocally. I'm going to assume that shifting our appearances is your idea. There are a few problems with this that spring to mind but I'd rather address you to your actual face if you don't mind." Destiny swiped another piece of hair out of her face, allowing Adrian to have his moment with the Reaper.

"Very well, then," the shapeshifter said, still wearing the face of the woman he was impersonating. "I kinda figured you'd see through something THIS obvious." The Reaper laughed, reverting back to their original form. As Destiny had guessed, it was Masato. "Of course, this was my idea. I can disguise myself to appear as anyone I see." To emphasize this point, Masato transformed into a replica of Adrian. "I can alter my appearance and voice to where it's virtually impossible to tell who's who. Its not just Reapers, either," he said, as he changed from Adrian's form to that of another man. "This form was the Harbinger that attacked me on my past mission," he explained, returning back to his normal face. He took a seat, presumably drained of energy.

His breath sounded slightly labored at this point. "The only things I cannot copy are powers, skills, and memories. I also do not have their weapons. It may seem to be useless, but it may be enough to confuse the Harbingers, allowing us to have the advantage." He looked around. "It is only an idea, so criticize it or accept it as you wish. All the same, it sounded good. At least to me."

"Your idea has some merits," Adrian started. "Being able to confuse an enemy for even a short amount of time is a benefit. Unfortunately, your lack of ability to copy our skills, memories and weapons will render this skill next to useless in the long run. Especially since you are the only one around with this skill. Basically that limits you to being able to act as bait temporarily or gives you a handy method of escaping detection for a small amount of time as you flee. So whilst your talent has some uses, it will not benefit us against the Harbingers in the long run because not only is it flawed strategically, but once they learn of your ability, if they haven't already, and its flaws they will easily make use of the information and render the strategy useless."

"I'm in a similar boat as Adrian," Destiny stated. "This may be able to fool some Harbingers for a time, sure thing, so I do think that you should use it. However, it's only a temporary solution, and it only works for yourself. Be cautious about it, as an improper shift might only make you a larger target." Destiny folded her arms in front of her chest, straightening her posture as she did so. "There may also be Harbingers that can detect auras or souls, or any other of the many energy signatures unique to every individual. I, for example, was able to glimpse your soul and your aura, and I immediately knew who you were, even before you approached us. People like Kris can detect life signatures, and I'm not exactly sure how accurate that is, but it would also probably reveal your identity. He can also detect auras, as I'm sure a number of Harbingers are able to do. So, it's a useful plan, just don't overdo it."

Destiny stepped back as Adrian received a letter containing his next mission. Apparently it had him partnered with Masato, and after a brief exchange, the two left.

"Well, looks like new missions are being handed out already," Destiny said, stretching her arms as she began to walk out of the theatre with Crispin and Ristru.

"Ristru just wants to terrorize little humans, and cut little children," the Rake said, sounding slightly disappointed, or perhaps even scared. He was also speaking in the third person. His mind was all over the place, and right now he seemed like a timid child that didn't get to play the game he wanted.

"Oh, you'll get to do that soon enough, Ristru," Destiny stated, stepping back into daylight.

Destiny reached out her arm, sensing the Raven that would deliver her next mission. It landed gracefully on her arm, placing the letter into Destiny's opposite hand. "Maiza," Destiny said, thanking the bird in the tongue of her homeland. She pet it on the head and then raised her arm, signaling it to fly off.

She opened up the letter and glanced over it. It spoke of an Amazonian tribe that had become a bit notorious for summoning demons. It was the job of Destiny's group to eliminate both the demons and the tribe. It was rather simple, so Destiny continued down to where it mentioned her allies on the mission. Kalek, again, as well as the woman with telepathy, Camellia. The third person was. . . .

Destiny's face contorted in a slight snarl. Her aura flared briefly and the letter in her hand fell to ashes.

This was already going to be a bad day for her.

And she had a feeling that she might accidentally vaporize one of her teammates.

Back