• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
In the Dream Radar, I heard that you can get Slowpoke, Hoothoot, and Beldum through special codes. Are these one-time only or will using the code let me get them multiple times? Detail how it all works.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
In the Dream Radar, I heard that you can get Slowpoke, Hoothoot, and Beldum through special codes. Are these one-time only or will using the code let me get them multiple times? Detail how it all works.

You can use the codes as many times as you like. You need to be in the "Research lab" menu and enter the special key presses. The professor will show up and say she found a new extension while playing with magnets (Beldum), watching a calm shore (Slowpoke) or researching the planet's rotation (Hoothoot), and you can enter the new area immediately. You can only get one Pokemon in that area.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
You can use the codes as many times as you like. You need to be in the "Research lab" menu and enter the special key presses. The professor will show up and say she found a new extension while playing with magnets (Beldum), watching a calm shore (Slowpoke) or researching the planet's rotation (Hoothoot), and you can enter the new area immediately. You can only get one Pokemon in that area.
So you can use the code as many times as you like, but only get one pokemon in the area... so does this mean that out of the dream clouds, only 1 contains a pokemon and the rest have orbs? What % chance is there that it contains Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot? What if you enter the Extension course while there's only 1 cloud?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So you can use the code as many times as you like, but only get one pokemon in the area... so does this mean that out of the dream clouds, only 1 contains a pokemon and the rest have orbs? What % chance is there that it contains Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot? What if you enter the Extension course while there's only 1 cloud?

When you first enter the area, all the clouds are storm clouds, and the first you hit will have the Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot. After you capture the Pokemon, the rest of the clouds will then have orbs. If you enter the extension with only one cloud, then that cloud will contain the Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
5th Gen Exclusives

i am trying to figure out if a run through of black 2 is worth it or not

legendaries like cobalion are obvious. and soft resetting for the right nature could pay off very well

anyone have a list?

D-poke

Fairly Far Fetched
Years
I want to explore Undella before I finish Reversal Mountain. But when I try to go back, Bianca won't team up with me again. What do I do?

Years
I want to explore Undella before I finish Reversal Mountain. But when I try to go back, Bianca won't team up with me again. What do I do?

Bianca will only team up with you on your first travel through Reversal Mountain. After you finish that, she won't be back there.

Years
So I was just battling a Veteran in Victory Road, and her Starmie used Psyshock on my Serperior while I had Reflect up. That brings me to this question: I know that Psyshock (and Psystrike and Secret Sword for that matter) targets the Defense stat, but when you have Reflect up, does that reduce the damage from it? Or is it Light Screen that weakens it? (She did 55 damage to me and was Level 58, and I was Level 61, should that mean anything.)

Years
So I was just battling a Veteran in Victory Road, and her Starmie used Psyshock on my Serperior while I had Reflect up. That brings me to this question: I know that Psyshock (and Psystrike and Secret Sword for that matter) targets the Defense stat, but when you have Reflect up, does that reduce the damage from it? Or is it Light Screen that weakens it? (She did 55 damage to me and was Level 58, and I was Level 61, should that mean anything.)

Can be self tested in DOUBLE GRASS due to hitting yourself. Serperior gets both Reflect and L-Screen and much Psychics get Psyshock. Target Serperior. Hope its with you to not die.

Great question! Hope to read the results

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Light Screen is what affects the damage, despite it targeting Defense instead of Sp.Defense.

With Reflect up: 252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 181-214 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 24.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

With Light Screen up: 252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow through Light Screen: 90-107 (23.4 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
Where do you catch Keldeo? I've heard its on the dragonspiral tower after you have the national pokedex, but is that just a rumor?

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
Years
  • Age 22
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
GTS Location

In my White version I accidentally set my location as argentina will this affect my pokemon when sent to pokemon bank?

This will help me when I get my 3ds and my X version and hopefully Alpha Sapphire if it is a VI game.

Many Thanks.ShadowSlashZ :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm personally not sure (as I haven't tried any of this), but I don't think it will. :] PokéBank should work with any game, regardless of where it's from or what location you might have it set to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back