• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Stadium!

Years
Hey all! I recently have been thinking of the N64 Pokemon Games, and Stadium 1 and 2 were a huge part of my childhood. I remember loving the Gym Leader Castle, Minigame Park, and Gameboy Tower(where you could play the handheld games on TV way before it became easier to do!)

Did you guys ever get to play these games? If so, what were your favorite parts? If not, then have you heard of them? And would you try them? I'd love to spread more love for these games, as they may or may not be the most talked-about.

Sirfetch’d

I have both Stadium games and I LOVE them I remember playing them as a kid and I brought back such good memories so I recently ordered them from Ebay and it was a great decision. The Gym Leader Castle and mini-games are my favorite parts, but there is nothing I really dislike other than the bad movepools. Overall really great games!

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I still have the same cartridges that I bought when I was just a kid and still with every thing I've ever managed to complete in them. I still have never fully beat either game. They're really hard to get through on R2 mode!! lol

They're definitely games I would recommend to any Pokemon fan. The mini-games are cute and fun, and at the time when they came out, I just remember it being so awesome to see Pokemon in 3D. I also loved that I could play RBY & GSC on them, because my gameboy color was hard to look at if I wasn't in the right light. The TV was much better. ^^

I also loved in Stadium 2 how you could check out your room from your game in 3D and see your Pokemon dolls and other items. Made it seem a bit more real. It also helped to have the girl there for Mystery Gift if you didn't have any friends to do that with.

Years
jellicentfan1 that's awesome! And yeah, you're totally right about the movepools. I'll never forget always choosing flamethrower Charmeleon over fire spin Charizard, haha.

And BubbleBeams, R2 is freaking awful! The main game is already challenging as is (I remember taking my rentals up against a Mew once), but R2 is something a Hypno threw up x_X

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
I loved the Mini-games and I remember playing all of my gbc games on the big TV instead of on my game boy lol.

I liked PS2 the best i feel like there was more to do

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Pokemon Stadium is the only N64 game that I own, lol. I prefer #2, like above users said, there's more to do and more Pokémon available.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
I loved them because of the fact your pokemon were on tv! it was the ultimate showdown when you friend comes over to battle on it

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
OMG THOSE MINIGAMES ARE TO DIE FORRRRRRRRRRRR
I played both (on an emu though, boo) and I had lots of fun doing the minigames and the various challenges. Like most said, it was the ultimate showdown arena. If GameFreak ever made some kind of a game where you could import all your Pokémon to and battle with them (in other worlds the mega-awesome competitive-exclusive game designed purely for competitive battling) I'd like it to be like how Stadium was. And the TV part and commentatory was long-missed by me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have to agree, the mini-games were the best. They could've taken these mini-game ideas to make a Pokémon-based party game, but it's too bad that they didn't. It would have been pretty successful, in my opinion. :) Anyway, I loved Pokémon Stadium! I used to play it a lot with my cousins back in day, when they used to come over at our house regularly. I defeated quite a few gym leaders, but I never managed to defeat all of them. Some of them were nearly impossible for me to take down, because I wasn't that good of a battler.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I have a 64, but I've never played the stadium games! I really should, though. I mean I have the connector for the GBC games anyways from a garage sale!
777ff663.gif

Back