• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XBox 360 help

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
Years
I need some help with this one. On my brothers 360, he puts the game in and about 3 minutes into bootup, the screen goes white, and it kinda dies. No red ring of death, and it can be restarted.

Can anyone provide me with some good guides or ideas were to start?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Check the disc for any scratches, possible damage that has been made, any cracks, etc.

Sounds like more of a disc problem instead of the console itself.

Years
You'll get the ring eventually. The same thing happened (twice >>; ) to my old 360, and eventually it'll conk out. The first time it happened was because of some shoddy assembly on Microsoft's part. There was some tiny little part in the disk drive that came loose due to some sort of magnetism, and that just screwed up the console.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
You could try and check for any possible scratches on the games disc, if not, it may be the first signs of the Red Ring of Death, just like Erebus stated in his post.

Years
System Red Ringed today bigtime. Three of them.

Exactly what happened with mine. Two or three days after we first noticed problems it decided to red ring. We performed home repairs that I wouldn't recommend unless you know what you're doing (both my parents are IT professionals and had some idea about what they were doing), but I could try and find the instructions we followed to fix it. Obviously it'll void your warranty, though, so do think about it before you jump straight in.

KratosIrving

Tales of Symphonia Fan-Kratos
Years
My screen didn't show up either i looked up online and it said that you have to hold the Y button and the RT button but i didnt work tell me if it worked for you

Back