• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Oh my Goodness I've been horribly slack!

Welcome to roen52, -ty-, tropios and QuilavaKing!

I guess I should join this now... I've been fighting it for nigh on a year now, but I guess I'm bi... maybe even Gay, I'm not entirely sure yet. It's really weird for me, because I'm a Christian, and while I have always fully supported Gay rights, I still don't like the thought of it, for obvious religious reasons.

I'm sure my mom would freak out if I told her, but I doubt I'll ever actually have to. I've never shown any interest in either sex to them, even when they tried asking me about it, I just ignored them. So, they're kind of used to that. Either way, I imagine it would be kinda nice to not have to hide it.

(Also, I don't think I've ever said nigh before. lol)

So, the first thing we need to do is get you healthy. If there is any message you have been given in your religious or home life that has made you believe that homosexuality is in any way wrong or abnormal, now would be the time to start disregarding those teachings - because they will only hinder you in your life.

And also, if you're showing lack of interest in either sex, then to a parent that generally means "gay and hiding it". I tried that one myself and it didn't work out so well.

Btw, if anyone wants to chat, I'd be totally cool with that. :)

Did you just send out a blanket proposition? ;)

-------------------

Now, it's time for some:

-------------------

My opinion on the last one is that it had to be a straight man that asked the lesbian to remove her shirt.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Okay, so update from me...

I had been hating on myself quite a bit for the past few days, for obvious reasons... and I was talking to my friend on skype last night, and this topic came up, so I ended up telling him about it, and it turns out he's Gay... I had no clue, haha. (Well, technically, he said bi, but he also said that vaginas were scary, so I'm just gonna pretend he's gay. lol)

We talked about it for a few hours, and I definitely feel a lot better about it now.

I've felt sick ever since I stopped talking to him though, and just haven't been able to eat at all. On top of that, I'm waking up every couple hours thinking about it, and not getting any sleep. This reaction just doesn't make any sense... but it's really starting to get to me. =/

So, the first thing we need to do is get you healthy. If there is any message you have been given in your religious or home life that has made you believe that homosexuality is in any way wrong or abnormal, now would be the time to start disregarding those teachings - because they will only hinder you in your life.
The only problem with that, is that I don't not believe it. As much as I've always hated that little detail, I can't just throw away my core beliefs, after 19 years, and hope I was wrong all this time. I know that causes some major conflict... but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. =/

And also, if you're showing lack of interest in either sex, then to a parent that generally means "gay and hiding it". I tried that one myself and it didn't work out so well.
Well, I've always done that. Originally because I actually didn't have any interest, and then because I was too embarrassed to talk about it. It wasn't ever because I was Gay before now. lol

Maybe they do think so though... I dunno. =/

Did you just send out a blanket proposition? ;)
I've been trying to look that term up for like 30 minutes now, to no avail. So... yeah, I feel dumb now. I actually just wanted to talk about it though.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Quilava, I understand that you are going through a difficult transition in you life; I have a few things that may enlighten your perspectives so that you can come to closure with your sexual idenity.

More, and more, it is being accepted by the Christian community that the bible was, in a sense, a code of ethics in order to play your part in society (2000 years ago) as deemed by the revelations of God.

Therefore, it COULD be interpreted that it WAS a sin for men to sleep with other men because it hindered procreation. Like the passage about "not spilling your seed upon the earth." Procreation was vital for a society to thrive back then; however, as we have seen with India and China, their massive population has caused quite a problem in their societies. Perhaps, as the population of GBLT people inclines, it is a sign that maybe our society does not need to rapidly procreate in order to thrive. Also, the addition of GLBT people in society has proved to be quite useful in providing homes to orphaned children. So, in other words, if another book of revaluations were to emerge now, what might it say? The people 2000 years ago looked to a divine power to know right or wrong, and then put it into text to improve their society. Why should we not do the same? Remember, slavery was customary, and necessary for mercantilism in that time; the bible reflected that belief by stating "slaves, obey your masters, whether they be cruel or gentle." Conversely, with time, most Christians do not accept slavery as a right, but as a wrong. I am not sure if this will help expand your views about your sexual identity, even if it is a little bit.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Meh... I can't just alter the religion because I feel like it.

I know accepting that explanation would make life a billion times easier, but I just can't. I'll just have to deal with it. =/

Last edited:
Years
QK, there are many gay churches and gay-friendly churches out there. You don't have to exclude either part of yourself. I don't know exactly what kind of religion you were raised with so I don't know how supportive your version of Christianity would be, but you can find a lot on the internet that might help. There are plenty of ways you can reconcile your beliefs.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
QK, there are many gay churches and gay-friendly churches out there. You don't have to exclude either part of yourself. I don't know exactly what kind of religion you were raised with so I don't know how supportive your version of Christianity would be, but you can find a lot on the internet that might help. There are plenty of ways you can reconcile your beliefs.

To expand, they really are everywhere. I live in rural Ohio, and there are 4 within 20 miles of my house. lol You just have to look!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The only problem with that, is that I don't not believe it. As much as I've always hated that little detail, I can't just throw away my core beliefs, after 19 years, and hope I was wrong all this time. I know that causes some major conflict... but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. =/

Well, it can happen. People stop believing in their religions because they can't reconcile them with their sexuality all the time - but that's not really what I was saying. All I was suggesting is that you disregard their teachings on sexuality. If you want to still believe in God and the rest of it then that's totally up to you, but churches are infamously terrible with this subject. And yeah as Landorus and Scarf said, you could find a gay friendly church so you wouldn't have to make any compromise.

QuilavaKing said:
I've been trying to look that term up for like 30 minutes now, to no avail. So... yeah, I feel dumb now. I actually just wanted to talk about it though.

Sorry, it was a term I made up lol. I was making a joke that your invitation to chat meant that you were coming onto everyone, but yeah that was a bad joke and clearly very poorly executed :P - but yeah if you want to talk about it that's what we're here for :) you can VM me or add me on MSN at any time, I'm always up for talking.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, it can happen. People stop believing in their religions because they can't reconcile them with their sexuality all the time - but that's not really what I was saying. All I was suggesting is that you disregard their teachings on sexuality. If you want to still believe in God and the rest of it then that's totally up to you, but churches are infamously terrible with this subject. And yeah as Landorus and Scarf said, you could find a gay friendly church so you wouldn't have to make any compromise.
Well, like I said, they can't just change the religion like that... Even if they make a church, it doesn't make it right in my eyes. The bible basically says that all Gays go to hell, which I've always thought was really stupid, and doesn't even make a whole lot of sense, but it says what it says.

That said... I've literally made myself sick with worry over this. I haven't eaten in two days, or slept (much) in 4... and it's just getting worse. So, in the hopes that it saves me from... you know, dying... I'm just going to accept it. I'm surprised it took this long for me to realize it anyway, thinking back a bit. lol

Sorry, it was a term I made up lol. I was making a joke that your invitation to chat meant that you were coming onto everyone, but yeah that was a bad joke and clearly very poorly executed :P - but yeah if you want to talk about it that's what we're here for :) you can VM me or add me on MSN at any time, I'm always up for talking.
Well, that's what I thought, but I didn't want to just assume that, and look like a retard. lol

Btw, do you have skype? I don't use MSN, and I'd rather not download another IM for one person. Oh, and apologies in advance if I bug you endlessly... I'm moving, and will be without pretty much everything but my laptop for a few days. lol

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
This is my personal view on faith:
We shouldn't base our relationship with God on churches and following religious ritual strictly. Our relationship with God should be personal.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Well, like I said, they can't just change the religion like that... Even if they make a church, it doesn't make it right in my eyes. The bible basically says that all Gays go to hell, which I've always thought was really stupid, and doesn't even make a whole lot of sense, but it says what it says.

That said... I've literally made myself sick with worry over this. I haven't eaten in two days, or slept (much) in 4... and it's just getting worse. So, in the hopes that it saves me from... you know, dying... I'm just going to accept it. I'm surprised it took this long for me to realize it anyway, thinking back a bit. lol

Well, that's what I thought, but I didn't want to just assume that, and look like a retard. lol

Btw, do you have skype? I don't use MSN, and I'd rather not download another IM for one person. Oh, and apologies in advance if I bug you endlessly... I'm moving, and will be without pretty much everything but my laptop for a few days. lol

I know that this may sound drastic and uncomfortable, but I really really really think that you need to talk to someone confidentially. Whether it is a walk in a health clinic, school, physician, or anyone else who will make you feel safest and have you full confidentiality. Some of your comments really scare me, I too exhibited self-hatred. It is tough, but it is even tougher holding it all in.

PLEASE, if you cannot find anyone to talk to, just ask someone on here to talk, that includes me. There are so many people that are on here that you want talk to; I just don't want you to hurt yourself.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
If there is one thing that everyone can agree on, it's that the Bible can be interpreted in many ways.

You may have been told one way, but read around - there are a lot of pro-gay interpretations out there.

And if you continue to be sick like this, you really should see a doctor. :\

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If there is one thing that everyone can agree on, it's that the Bible can be interpreted in many ways.

This is true. For example, everything mentioned about gay relations being wrong is in the Old Testament. In the New Testament, Jesus pretty much says that everything in the Old Testament is moot. That's why modern Christians aren't required to circumcise their sons or wear only clothes made of one material, and why no one is punished for cutting their hair or being blind in a Church.

One of the most common arguments as to why the teachings of religion falter on this is that Jesus has wiped away every other rule in the book in question (Leviticus), so it makes very little sense to only keep that one and none of the others. Not sure if that comforts you at all though :(

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
PC crashed on me while I was typing this up earlier... but I'm up in the middle of the night again anyway, so I might as well rewrite it now. (This time I woke up because I dreamed a spider was running across my bed toward my face. lol)

I know that this may sound drastic and uncomfortable, but I really really really think that you need to talk to someone confidentially. Whether it is a walk in a health clinic, school, physician, or anyone else who will make you feel safest and have you full confidentiality. Some of your comments really scare me, I too exhibited self-hatred. It is tough, but it is even tougher holding it all in.
It might be just because they work for the school, but me and several of my friends have talked to school counselors who promised to keep everything secret, only for them to go and tell every teacher at the school right after. One of my friends even got taken to an insane asylum (Or something similar anyway. It was specifically for teens.) over the weekend, because the counselor thought he was going to hurt himself, when he was just complaining about people making fun of him. I know the kid pretty well, and I can't imagine him doing anything like that, so I don't know where she got it from.

Long story short, I don't trust anyone who's paid to do that job, because they may not care about you in the slightest, as long as they get their money.

PLEASE, if you cannot find anyone to talk to, just ask someone on here to talk, that includes me. There are so many people that are on here that you want talk to; I just don't want you to hurt yourself.
Well, I would never intentionally harm myself, no matter what happened to me, so you don't have to worry about that... and my trouble eating/sleeping isn't intentional either... it's just that whenever I think about this (which is pretty much always) I lose my appetite, and it wakes me up, etc.

I'm not sure if there's really any more for me to say, but we can talk if you want. In fact, I think I'd kinda like to... all of my stuff is getting moved out of my room tomorrow, since we're moving, so all I'll have for the next couple days is my laptop... having some more people to talk to would be nice. lol

Anyway... things definitely do suck right now, but don't worry about me too much. I do know for a fact that it will get better, and I still have a bright future ahead of me. It's just a matter of time until I get there.

Last edited:
Years
Well, I would never intentionally harm myself, no matter what happened to me, so you don't have to worry about that... and my trouble eating/sleeping isn't intentional either... it's just that whenever I think about this (which is pretty much always) I lose my appetite, and it wakes me up, etc.
That's a relief. I'm kind of disappointed and disturbed by what your counselor did. I've personally never had someone in that kind of position do anything like that, but I hope you can still find someone who you could trust to talk to if you needed to. It's good that there are a lot of us here, but it would be better if you had someone you could talk to face to face.

I'm not a religious kind of person and can't really help with that struggle you have, but I think if you could talk to someone from a gay friendly church you might find someone who could give you that kind of help. Your location says Oregon so I did a quick google search and found this:
http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/united_states/us_oregon.htm
Maybe you could visit one of them, speak with the priest/pastor even.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I ate 3 full meals yesterday, and slept for 8 hours. (Not as much as normal, but I had insomnia for 3-4 straight months last year, so I'm amazed I recovered this fast. lol)

Either way, I'm doing alright now.

Also, I kinda just noticed, I have a full page dedicated to me in this thread... sorry to cause so much drama. D:
I'm actually a pretty happy go lucky person normally. lol

Years
Also, I kinda just noticed, I have a full page dedicated to me in this thread... sorry to cause so much drama. D:
I'm actually a pretty happy go lucky person normally. lol
No worries.

And now for something completely different: another discussion topic. Do you want people to know you're _______ when you first meet them?

It's hard for me to exactly keep it a secret because of my appearance, but I'm someone who wouldn't want anyone to know because I have self-esteem issues I think it would be nice to get to know someone without them having preconceptions.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Hope you don't mind I post here even though I haven't come to this thread in a while.

To answer the current question that Scarf posted, absolutely no.
As you've said, there are assumtions made immediately. Later if they actually care or the subject comes up, sure. I'll tell them.

It's just not important to who I am as a person. :/

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
To answer the current question that Scarf posted, absolutely no.
As you've said, there are assumtions made immediately. Later if they actually care or the subject comes up, sure. I'll tell them.

It's just not important to who I am as a person. :/
I hate +1ing other posts, but yeah, pretty much this.

Years
No worries.

And now for something completely different: another discussion topic. Do you want people to know you're _______ when you first meet them?

It's hard for me to exactly keep it a secret because of my appearance, but I'm someone who wouldn't want anyone to know because I have self-esteem issues I think it would be nice to get to know someone without them having preconceptions.
No, it's not really important to me. If it comes up, it comes up. It doesn't matter, though~

Btw, if anyone wants to chat, I'd be totally cool with that. :)
Come to the IRC Chat! 8D

Back