• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters
Years
Im going with oshawott because Snivy line severly disappointed me i mean i like to use starter as my main pokemon but in that game they totally **** over snivy users in that game i my opinion and when i got white i chose oshawott and glided through the f-ing game but if i get both copies again i might give him a chance. I dont wanna even discuss trying tepig his first form is the only presentable looking pokemon

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I'm going with Snivy this time around. I went with Tepig White, but I always thought Snivy was pretty cool too.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
If I go with a starter, I'm going with Tepig. I like Emboar's design more and more now adays. Might now go with any of them though

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm going with Tepig first seeing how I picked Snivy in White and had Oshawott in Black. Plus it'll be more helpful against Kyurem than the other two ^_^

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I will start with Snivy my first time on one of the two games.
It's what I picked my first time playing B/W, so it seems fit to use on my first run for B2/W2.

Years
I'm probably going to choose Snivy this time around. It's always been one of my favorite starters but I never did choose it when I played through White, so this'll be a good time. :3 Though I'm also considering Tepig; its final form grew on me after a while and I've yet to try it out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Will probably pick Snivy so I can pick up an Azurill in Route 1, and because I did Tepig last time. :3

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
There are so many good pokemon, I will not use my starter. I will choose Snivy so that my rival is stuck with Tepig. Tepig looks really cool. I'll enjoy blowing it away on the rival team.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I'm picking Oshawott, just like Black version, I dislike the other two though, I've used Snivy once though but I find the Oshawott line really effective in game.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
Why is my favorite starter the least favorite? This is possibly the only time where the Fire starter is the least picked.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Why is my favorite starter the least favorite? This is possibly the only time where the Fire starter is the least picked.

Well it was the least popular in B/W. :x But at least on the plus side I'll be picking it in every playthrough? :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Will anyone be ignoring the starters and getting a Pokemon from an early route or trading one in from B/W? Even though I'm picking Snivy probably I'm still considering getting a Larvesta from White and transferring it over to raise as my starter instead.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
SNIVY ALL THE FREAKING WAY!!!!!

[anti-caps] Snivy is my favourite, so it'll be a repeat of White - Japanese with Tepig, then English twice, both times with Snivy.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'm probably going to go with Oshawott this time around. :) I chose Tepig on Pokemon Black and, while he was pretty good, Emboar is pretty bleh. Tepig's amazing though. Conversely, Oshawott is okay but not too great, but I really like Samurott. It's probably my favourite out of the final evolutions of the Unova starters. :D Snivy is just there- I don't really care for it or any of it's evolutions tbh. :x

Back