• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Nova Luna - V5 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
iunno if it changes anything, but I was a girl and when i checked my card it was blank as well, I didnt do anything though, it was one of the first few things i did after I talked to my mom, i thought it was cuz i didnt do anything yet; but what happened to Blahsadfeguie, I'll show you in a screenshot later

Last edited:
Years
YOOOOO it's me again from Youtube, I came back to play the game, and beat whats his face, and played the rest of the demo, I like it honestly but some things could be improved

-Lower trainer difficulty
-Movement Smoother

and that's pretty much it, just continue working on the game and I will sure to be there whenever you release another demo. Also if you need any testers, pm me on youtube, I know alot of my friends are interested in the game !

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
So, I've played through a bit more of it, I'm past the 1st gym without any other game errors, thankfully. However, a bit of advice: the wild Pokemon variety and levels are not nearly sufficient enough for the trainers immediately after the 1st gym at least, on the route to Flocoa City.

I suppose this is due in part to me picking Treecko as my starter, but that Roughneck with the Nidorino has me caught in a bind. There are no significant counters for the ever-common Nido family from what I've seen, the only viable one for me right now is Geodude once it learns Magnitude, however it's going to take quite a bit of time to get it to level 15 off of level 4-5 Pidgeys and Zigzagoons.

Consider making the area after the bridge a separate route, with stronger and possibly more varied 'mons to train on and catch. That'd certainly keep progression from slowing to a crawl for Treecko trainers (I assume Charmander and Totodile have far less trouble dealing with the Nidos as they are not weak to them, but a good Pokemon game makes every choice fair). Increasing the variety in the Lurna Underground wouldn't be a bad idea either, Geodude is the only thing I can find in there and I can't imagine adding just one more species being a problem (or upping the encounter rate if one already exists).

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Thanks everyone for the criticism, especially Blahsadfeguie. I have fixed all errors and a patch will be released this weekend :)

Nova Luna v5 will be coming in two weeks by the way!

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
I'm not sure if this has been fixed already, but I think your Super Repel is bugged. Whenever I tried to talk to the guy who sells items in the Pokémon Centers after beating the 3rd gym, I would get an error message that mentioned Super Repel and the game would subsequently crash. Just talking to the guy would trigger this, so I couldn't even buy other items like potions and such.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I'm not sure if this has been fixed already, but I think your Super Repel is bugged. Whenever I tried to talk to the guy who sells items in the Pokémon Centers after beating the 3rd gym, I would get an error message that mentioned Super Repel and the game would subsequently crash. Just talking to the guy would trigger this, so I couldn't even buy other items like potions and such.

It's fixed right now, thanks :)

HOT UPDATE
On this fantastic day (BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY) I bring you this teaser of the coming update
smile.gif

A few days ago I have announced two updates: One would be released this weekend and it would fix all reported bugs. The difficulty of the game would be lowered as well.

The second one would add more gameplay, granting access to Cycling Road and Metrow City.

However, by now you have probably already noticed that I didn't release an update this weekend. Why is that, you ask? Well, I have decided not to release two updates in such a short timespan, but instead release a much larger update in two weeks. This large update will feature:

-Lower difficulty
-More variety in wild Pokémon early-game.
-Bugfixes
-Access to Cycling Road, Metrow City (Gym!), Plisuvi Town, Mount Rockmelt, Rockmelt City (Gym!), Lagusa Island and Lagusa City (Gym!). That. Is. A. LOT. It would bring the amount of gyms to a whopping six gyms! That's awesome right? 8D

The only thing that is bugging me right now are the sprites. My sprites suck. They'll do for now though, I hope.

Anyway, have a great evening and I hope you'll be pleased with the coming update
wink.gif

a_hot_update_by_p_sign-d63d7cp.png

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Not too much activity here, over the last few weeks, huh? :/

Aaaaanyway, the release got a bit delayed as you can probably see. Was a bit busy the last few month and I will be pretty busy this month too. I have got an update for you though:

magical_encounter_by_p_sign-d68946z.png

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Looking good P-Sign!
Nova Luna is probably one of my favorite games here
on PC, simply because of the great art direction and graphics.
Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2018
Hi! I recently started playing this game and I have to say it is very high-quality. Your team has done a fantastic job on it, and it's the most well-done fan game I have played so far despite it being unfinished.

Glitches/Errors
-I also encountered the error where my game would crash after talking to the Rich Boy in Anano City.

- In the Anano City Pokemon Center, after battling the butler on the second floor, he has a message error that reads: "You're a great trainer, /PN." I assume the player name was supposed to go in there (/PN) but something isn't working to where it does.

-The very first ladder I encounter in the cave east of Anano City is not accessible to me. No matter which direction I walk toward it at, it doesn't let me use it. The other ladder deeper in the cave works, but only if I walk on it from above/behind it.

Related to the ladders: Do I need to access these to find the second "suspicious guy" behind stealing the little girl's Zigzagoon? I was able to battle the first Roughneck and defeat him, but I can't seem to find his cohort anywhere.

-I started with a Totodile, who soon learned the attack "Rage," only the attack does not seem to work as it is supposed to, because no matter how many times my opponent hit Totodile, the attacking power of Rage did not increase (despite the text saying his rage was "building.")

Dislikes/Wish Was Different
--On my wishlist would be that the game apparatus could be increased in size (such as dragging the borders of the screen like you can with Visual Boy Advance games). Not sure if that is do-able, but it would be something that I appreciate.

--I was able to get used to it fairly quickly, but I know that some people are going to dislike that the game controls are what buttons they currently are.

2. The game has an excellent soundtrack that is both modern and fresh. You can hear that basic undertone of a "Pokemon" track but the music truly is unique. Due to that, something that in previous games might have grown tiresome, such as level-grinding by battling legions of wild Pokemon is less boring.

3. I appreciate the simple fact that all the dialogue has correct spelling and grammar. I have played more than a few fan games that did not have this, and it detracted from the quality of my experience.

4. I like that there are Trainer battles so close to the starting town.

I look forward to playing more of this game, and I hope these comments are helpful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
@rookatalanta

Go on options and change the screen size to 512x384
Then press alt and enter.
Its not full screen but it makes it larger.

Oh, and the synchronize ability is glitched. It works for paralysis and poison, but not the sleep status.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Hi! I recently started playing this game and I have to say it is very high-quality. Your team has done a fantastic job on it, and it's the most well-done fan game I have played so far despite it being unfinished.

Glitches/Errors
-I also encountered the error where my game would crash after talking to the Rich Boy in Anano City.

- In the Anano City Pokemon Center, after battling the butler on the second floor, he has a message error that reads: "You're a great trainer, /PN." I assume the player name was supposed to go in there (/PN) but something isn't working to where it does.

-The very first ladder I encounter in the cave east of Anano City is not accessible to me. No matter which direction I walk toward it at, it doesn't let me use it. The other ladder deeper in the cave works, but only if I walk on it from above/behind it.

Related to the ladders: Do I need to access these to find the second "suspicious guy" behind stealing the little girl's Zigzagoon? I was able to battle the first Roughneck and defeat him, but I can't seem to find his cohort anywhere.

-I started with a Totodile, who soon learned the attack "Rage," only the attack does not seem to work as it is supposed to, because no matter how many times my opponent hit Totodile, the attacking power of Rage did not increase (despite the text saying his rage was "building.")

Dislikes/Wish Was Different
--On my wishlist would be that the game apparatus could be increased in size (such as dragging the borders of the screen like you can with Visual Boy Advance games). Not sure if that is do-able, but it would be something that I appreciate.

--I was able to get used to it fairly quickly, but I know that some people are going to dislike that the game controls are what buttons they currently are.

2. The game has an excellent soundtrack that is both modern and fresh. You can hear that basic undertone of a "Pokemon" track but the music truly is unique. Due to that, something that in previous games might have grown tiresome, such as level-grinding by battling legions of wild Pokemon is less boring.

3. I appreciate the simple fact that all the dialogue has correct spelling and grammar. I have played more than a few fan games that did not have this, and it detracted from the quality of my experience.

4. I like that there are Trainer battles so close to the starting town.

I look forward to playing more of this game, and I hope these comments are helpful.
Thank you very much! They have been very helpful indeed :)

@rookatalanta

Go on options and change the screen size to 512x384
Then press alt and enter.
Its not full screen but it makes it larger.

Oh, and the synchronize ability is glitched. It works for paralysis and poison, but not the sleep status.
I'll look into it!

its the demo version. where is the full version
The game is not finished yet, as the first post says.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
This game is actually one of my favorites. I saw this on deviant art and I was like wow. Gonna try the beta now and I hope you finish this!

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Major visual update to the thread. The first post also contains screenshots from Pokémon Nova Luna v5, which will be released soon!

logo.png

[a id]Intro[/a id]INTRODUCTION
The Lunavi Region: A region full of exotic monsters known as Pokémon. Humankind plays with them, battles with them against others and they help each other. There has always been a balance between Pokémon and humans. The creatures were a major part of everyday live. Tournaments were held for the best "Pokémon Trainers". There were little serious issues in the world, aside from evil organizations and bad willing people wanting to use Pokémon to accomplish their goals. The world has been terrorized by the Pokémon-stealing gang Team Rocket, the continents have almost been changed by Team Magma and Team Aqua, a whole new world would have been created if Team Galactic had achieved their goals, an evil man would have dictated the world if his plan had succeeded… All these people have been stopped. Stopped, by a young, talented boy or girl with a passion for Pokémon. Now is the time for such a person to rise. Again.

Hi there! My name is P-Sign (AKA Pharetra) and I'm the lead developer of this fangame. Over the past few years I have been actively working on this project, thanks to your great support. It all started back in 2010, when I stopped ROM-hacking and learned about RPG Maker XP. Thanks to some good friends (Looking at you, Chris, Luka, Olivier and Ryan!) I learned quite a lot about the software and started working with Essentials. This game had a few different names in the past: first it was known as Pokémon Climate Clash, then Pokémon Deep Balance, and now, after a lot of visual updates and just as much updates to the storyline, it is known as Pokémon Nova Luna.

I have learned so much the last few years thanks to this project and I think I can say that I have become a way better artist and maybe person thanks to this fangame. I am very proud that I am able to present this to you and I hope you will have loads of fun playing it. Enjoy!

[a id]Story[/a id]STORYLINE
Our hero is a teenager living in the calm Neta Village. Our protagonist isn't the ordinary teenager though: His dad, a generous man admired by many, is one of the best Pokémon Trainers in the region. He has developed a strong bond with his Pokémon and made his way to the finals of the Pokémon League in the year 2017. He managed to win the tournament, not because of the raw power his Pokémon had, but because of their bond, stronger than diamond. He was The Champion for about a year. In 2018 he had to defend his title in the final of the Pokémon League. To everyone's surprise, businessman Duncan made it to the final battle. Duncan was known to be a decent Pokémon trainer, but good enough to come this far? The region was excited to see our hero's dad and Duncan go to the peak of Mount Vibal, Hawk's Peak, a legendary peak in the Vibal Mountain Range where Pokémon battles have been held for over a decade. Many Trainers became a legend on this peak.

lunaviregion.png

The Lunavi Region, a vast region with many different biomes.

This time, however, is different. Not in the way the battle went, it was very close. Duncan was holding its own against our hero's dad. No, it was different in the way it ended…

The Lurna Region has changed. All you see is peace, but that is a mere shadow from the truth. Fear, crime, danger: It's everywhere. Yet you do not see it. No one sees it.

Our hero emerges from the shadows of his or her father when he and Duncan disappear. Travelling through the whole Lunavi Region, our protagonist embarks on a journey. Bigger than he or she would have imagined.

On his adventure, our hero has to find out what in the world happened to his dad and his challenger. Defeat Pokémon Gyms, unravel mysteries and rescue your father. But watch out, as no one knows what awaits in the shadows…

[a id]Media[/a id]MEDIA

v5_by_p_sign-d6cuqp1.png

These screenshots are from Pokémon Nova Luna v5 and may contain content not included in v4.

A few YouTube users played Nova Luna v4. Watch their Let's Play's (Three different languages!) in this official Nova Luna playlist:

Playlist

[a id]Team[/a id]TEAM

profile_picture_by_p_sign-d63df8m.png

P-Sign / Pharetra

P-Sign/Pharetra is the lead developer, graphics artist, mapper, composer, eventer and coder.

-No other active members. If you would like to help me out, send me a PM
11.%20wink.gif

[a id]Progress[/a id]PROGRESS

Pokémon Nova Luna is nearing v5. The game is currently being tested and will be released soon.

[a id]Downloads[/a id]DOWNLOADS

These download links are for Pokémon Nova Luna v4.

MEGA Download link
Mediafire Download link

[a id]Credits[/a id]CREDITS

This game was made with help or resources from the following people. Please send me a PM if you're not on this list.

SCRIPTS
-------
Maruno
flameguru
Poccil
Carmaniac
Zinzags
Venom12
Smithor
Luka S.J.
F.L.

GRAPHICS