• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2012
Whitney's miltank used milk drink like 80 times. I hate that miltank.

Years
I'll tell ya who WASN'T hard. Falkner. Amiright? Remember in RBY where if you'd choose Charmander, you'd have a relatively tough time, (theoretically)? Well, not only do you have the chance to get a Mareep at R32 before Falkner, you have your first in-game trade right there in Violet City! A bellsprout for an Onix! Congratulations, you just traded yourself into a win! =D

(Honestly though, that's awesome game design that they'd make all the stuff so convenient in the first town and not spring the whole "weaknesses" thing on you later on.)

For conversation's sake though, I'd say Whitney. Sabrina was a little tough as well.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
Years
I found Whitney the hardest because I never lost to any of them but Whitney. Which irritated me xD

Her stupid Miltank always used roll out, then I'd get it down to low health and she'd use full restore.

I just shook my head sooo irritated.

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 23
  • Hmm
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Whitney is very weak...the ONLY thing that was HARD for ME, is her MILK DRINK!

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
None were ''hard'', necessarily, but Claire would be the most challenging I would say. Her Pokemon were sturdier, and stronger offensively than everyone else.

I'm honestly surprised to hear that many had a problem with Whitney, since she never gave me the slightest problems, even in the originals when I was still a child. She was easily beaten by Ember, or if you wanted to guarantee a victory use a Geodude or something.

Use some debuffs if you have to, like Leer, and you're good to go.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In Johto, Whitney, for reasons already said. I would normally say Chuck, but without Dynamic Punch from the original games, he's nothing. As for Kanto, Blue takes the cake. He's got some serious ish on that team. Overall though, looking at rematches as well as the first battles, Blue still wins this one. He's tough the first time, and every time after. ...Unless you're level 100, then that's a different story, but...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Eh I would have to say Clair in all honesty due to her Kingdra giving me more than my fair share of irritation but Bugsy and Whitney tie for a close second though I suppose lol.

Souji Seta

내가 제일 잘 나가
Years
Whitney for sure. That Miltank was just a complete monster. What made it worse was Milk Drink, and Stomp. In Kanto, I'd have to go with Lt. Surge. I really don't know why, but I had the longest and toughest battle against him. I usually win with just a few hits, but this time it was a totally different story...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
None were extremely hard. But if I have to choose one, that would be "Kingdra". It gave me a tough battle in HG. Pryce was kinda hard too. As for the Kanto Gym Leaders, Blue.

User19sq

I don't like following the crowd, but I have to agree by saying:

Whitney. Her Miltank's Defense Curl, Rollout, and Milk Drink made our battle either go on forever or end with me losing. T^T

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
None of them I found challenging, though Whitney's Miltank was definitely annoying to take down. Attract and the Paralysis caused by Body Slam was irritating. ;__; I ended up making my Geodude use Self Destruct to take Miltank out in one hit, even though it was capable of a 2HKO with Magnitude (probably would have taken longer anyway due to Attract).

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
For me the toughest were Clair and Whitney. Whitney because of Miltank's Stomp flinching, Rollout and Attract hax. As for Clair her Kingdra was a real pain due to good 95/95 defenses and only 1 weakness.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
whitney who else?

It's obvious because of her Miltank. Tbh I had a hard time with many of the gym leaders :/

Flame-Typhlosion

Champion
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
In johto,whitney took me 3 tries,because of charm and rollout >:(

I also think clair isn't hard at all,i beat her with a quagsire and a amparhos xD

They say jasmine is hard,but i beat her easily with a quilava.....

Scyther was beaten by a cyndaquil!

Chuck,well...... Pidgeot used fly!

As for kanto....

The hardest gym for me woul be LT.Surge,it was hard because i was underleveled,that stupid electebuzz!

People say blue is hard,but i beat him with a lvl 63 typhlosion! And other lvl 55-58 pokemon,beat him on the 1st try!

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
Claire was really the only one that gave me significant trouble. Kingdra is just too hard to beat conventionally with raw power, you have to outspeed + status it somehow and just beat on it while it can't attack. Otherwise, it hurts you.

Doogle3097

Hola.
Years
Claire. I recall using a Combusken on the Miltank and it was a breeze.

Claire definitely gave me a run for my money.

Back