• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Made with 2% real artificial flavors

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Are you the type of person that reads over the labels of drinks and food to see what kinds of healthy or real versus artificial ingredients it has in it? If it lacks a certain percentage of 'real' ingredients, do you decide against purchasing it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
No not at all, Sunny D may have like 5% juice, but it still tastes good haha. Definitely the wrong mentality, but I'll worry about my diet when health starts to become a problem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
No. I actually don't read the labels at all. Oops!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, I read them, but I'm not a stickler for them. I have plenty of "bad" snacks and stuff like that in my cupboard.
Some stuff that tries to market itself as being good for you or "organic and better" isn't necessarily so, so.. I am just skeptical about it anyways.

>_> Like that damn Jordan's cereal.. wtf I thought it was supposed to be good for you.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I eat healthy when I can, but I'm in America right now, I don't have the time to decide what food I'll eat based on the number of real ingredients it has, no one here does!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Before I was diagnosed with Diabetes (Type II) I didn't really care about the labels at all. Now I tend to focus on the amount sugar (which I'm not suppose to eat foods with tons of it) and the grams of fat (I'm suppose to only eat about 42 grams of fat per day, less better).

I'm only 26 years old, so I still eat a lot of the fried foods (like Jalapeño Poppers, and Onion Rings) and fast food (like Arby's, KFC, Burger King) - I'll probably die young with clogged arteries.

I mostly eat Seafood, so doctor says to try and avoid Oysters and Mussels the most.

Years
I hardly check the labels. I automatically assume everything I eat is junk... .-. It shouldn't be the way I do things, but ugh, I really don't care right now. I'll pay for it years down the line instead.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I don't care very much, and I don't have to, tbh. I have a speedy metabolism, as does the rest of my family, so I don't have to worry as much as other people.
That's all well and good for your outer image but it doesn't stop your arteries from getting clogged, or other health risks that come along with eating junk food.

As for me, I read labels like there's no tomorrow. It's become natural instinct for me to want to know what I'm putting my body before I consume it.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I only read them because I need to know if I can have it due to allergy.

Years
I read the packaging for ingredients rather than the amount of sugar, fat, etc. I don't eat certain things because of my vegetarianism so if I have any doubts about a food I check the label.

Sometimes I'll look at the other stuff, but usually it doesn't affect what I eat. I eat fairly healthy as it is so I don't worry about it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
When I was on Weight Watchers I read the labels all the time. There was this little calculator thing they gave you where you looked at the amount of kilojoules and the amount of saturated fat and it'd tell you how many points that thing was worth.

Now I don't read labels at all. It drove me insane - it was great for the purpose, but now that I'm not overweight anymore I don't see the need in obsessively monitoring what goes into my body.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Most of the time I don't read the labels. But when I'm alone, eating a snack, and I have nothing to do, I read it. I like to pronounce the weird names for the food stuff they put in. Like 'epigallocatechin' or 'epigallocatechingallate' stuff like that.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I thoroughly read over all packaging to know what I am consuming. I usually avoid things with msg and/or artificial sweeteners. I don't really have a problem with a bit of artificial colour/flavour now and again though.

Years
I don't really go shopping for food, so I don't decide hat we buy.

HOWEVER, I do check the labels of drinks and things. Mainly I do this to make sure it doesn't have gelatin, (as I'm vegetarian) but I'll also just check to see what is in it.

Sometimes I won't eat or drink something if it has a TON of chemicals and corn syrup. :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
When it comes to food, I have an odd habit of checking the amount of protein grams before eating it. I think my perpetuation in muscle building lately has made me a little obsessed about little things..

Years
I never pay attention to the labels, really. If it tastes good and doesn't make me feel sick, I'll eat it. Really bad mentality here, but idc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Nope, never look at labels. Whatever tastes good is what I eat or drink.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't care what's in it as long as its nutritional values are alright. I usually look at them before I buy food but I never really look at the ingredients list unless I'm scanning it for something I'm allergic to. I just use common sense to tell me what's really bad for me and avoid that - otherwise it's just down to the nutritional values rather than the ingredients list.

Back