• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Where is the earliest place I can get a thunderstone?

Can you specify which game you're playing?

Given this is the 4th Gen Q&A here are the earliest places you can get a Thunder Stone:

D/P/Pt - Dig it up when in the Underground, but in Platinum you can find one in the Solaceon Ruins. One can also be obtained in Sunyshore City.

HG/SS - Prize from defeating Lass Dana (she's on Route 38) in a rematch provided you registered her in the Pokegear. One can also be obtained from Bill's grandfather in Fuchsia City.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 20, 2014
Should I get this game? Is it good?

I have been a fan of the Pokemon Gameboy Colour games, but should I get the 4th Generation version. Is there a point?

Or should I get the latest version of Pokemon?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
If you have to have a fourth-gen title, I would suggest Platinum. Diamond and Pearl were unbearably slow-paced, and nearly a quarter of the pokémon created for the game were relegated to postgame content. Especially telling is the fact that only one mediocre fire-type other than the starter is available before you beat the E4

Also, since you mentioned that you were a fan of the second-gen games, HeartGold and SoulSilver would feel right at home for you. They're basically Gold/Silver, but with updated graphics and battle mechanics, and a whole slew of new features, such as a Safari Zone west of Cianwood City and a the Pokéthlon Dome near the National Park, which plays host to a variety of fun minigames (my personal favorite of the contest-style sidequests in the entire series).

Rant62

I would 100% recommend Platinum as I believe it is one of the best games in the series with an amazing plot, awesome new Pokémon, higher challenges, etc.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I think 4th Gen is really under rated, but I felt they had some cool Pokemon and Id suggest it. However, if you can get the newer ones with all the perks, Id recommend that since you can do a lot more online things.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Definitely go for Platinum, or if you're looking for a more nostalgic game them I'd definitely recommend HeartGold or SoulSilver. (My personal favourites!)

Also, I'll just use my powerful mind control abilities to chuck this over into the 4th Gen Help Thread for you, since that's where quick questions like these belong. C:

*uses psychic*

BigSmellyPanda

Shiny Collector
Years
Shiny eevee?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, but I'm new here, and just need to clarify something. Is it possible to find an eevee in the trophy garden as a daily pokemon? I've tried soft resetting for like 2-3 days and just want to make sure it's possible to obtain in pearl. Thanks in advance if you reply.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Yes. You can also save in front of Beth in Hearthome City and SR for a Shiny Eevee there.

As for getting Shiny Eevee in the Trophy Garden... well, you need to first, make sure it's there... the guy will tell you. then you should set up Repels and use the Pokeradar.

jammi567

My question is, how do the rematches work in HeartGold/SoulSilver? As in, when can you start rematching trainers, when will their teams improve etc

Years
Hey there!

My question is, how do the rematches work in HeartGold/SoulSilver? As in, when can you start rematching trainers, when will their teams improve etc

Certain trainers who have been registered in the Pokegear can be called at certain times of the day on a certain day to organize rematches, some of them do have teams that get stronger at a certain point.

A list of rematchable trainers, their location, and which day/time of day they can be called to organize a rematch: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9gear

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Now when the WiFi for DS games is closed, can you still trade Pokemon with others? If yes, how?

(a bit noob question, ik :D )

I believe you could still trade Pokémon, but not via wifi, though. You could trade only from DS-to-DS, which, I think, utilizes infrared. :]

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
my pokemon platinum will not connect to the internet. my black will but not my platinum. someone help. im trying to pokegen the shiny pichu, send it to soulsilver to get the spiky eared pichu. i cant figure out how to fix this so someone help me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Through a cable I suppose then? xD

DS games (including Pokemon) don't need a cable to connect to each other. They can connect to each other wirelessly, but from May 20 onward, you'll need 2 physical DS systems to connect (easily done with a friend with a DS).

Years
So I can trade wirelessly, without using internet? Alright, thanks!

Another question. In PAL PARK, what if you defeat the Pokemon you are transferring instead of catching it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back