• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
So I can trade wirelessly, without using internet? Alright, thanks!

Another question. In PAL PARK, what if you defeat the Pokemon you are transferring instead of catching it?
You don't really battle them in Pal Park, it's more like the Safari Zone, you can only throw balls, which have a 100% capture rate if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Sun
Years
Finding Latias/Latios?

Hey guys,

For me, finding the Legendary Beasts was easy thanks to the Pokegear/Pokedex. But with the introduction of Latias/Latios, I now have a new problem.

I have no idea how to find them. I know one of them roams the world of Kanto but I never find them. I have triggered the event I know that much.

Any pointers?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You need to get a hold of Enigma Stone, which could only be done by cheating, I think. If you use the code (you should probably look it up on Google), there would be a deliveryman in PokéMart, and he'll hand this item over to you. Once that's done, go to Pewter Museum and talk to Steven. Then, you'll obtain Soul Dew. Now, when you go outside, Latios/Latias would appear, and you could immediately start battling. :]

Years
Caught the Latias! Woo!

I have a new problem. I'm trying to fill the pokedex so I can gain the National Pokedex in Pearl. Where would I meet the following? (Either in Trainer Battle or Wild)

Rampardos
Machamp
Blissey
Clefable
Gabite
Riolu
Mantine
Lumineon - REQUIRES THE SUPER ROD (Which I don't have)
Tentacruel - REQUIRES THE SUPER ROD (Which I don't have)

Just to note, I am pre-Champion so access to the Super Rod can't be done

Years
Caught the Latias! Woo!

I have a new problem. I'm trying to fill the pokedex so I can gain the National Pokedex in Pearl. Where would I meet the following? (Either in Trainer Battle or Wild)

Rampardos
Machamp
Blissey
Clefable
Gabite
Riolu
Mantine
Lumineon - REQUIRES THE SUPER ROD (Which I don't have)
Tentacruel - REQUIRES THE SUPER ROD (Which I don't have)

Just to note, I am pre-Champion so access to the Super Rod can't be done

Here's some of the ones I'm aware of, since you're playing D/P and not Platinum.

Spoiler:

So pretty much you can find most of them in some upcoming trainer battles, except for Riolu who you'll need to backtrack a bit to since Oreburgh Gate was one of the early-game locations. Just make sure you have Surf though.

Last edited:
Years
So pretty much you can find most of them in some upcoming trainer battles, except for Riolu who you'll need to hatch from that egg that you get from Riley after defeating Team Galactic on Iron Island.

Actually, Riolu can be found being used by a Veteran in the basement of Oreburgh Gate, who requires Surf to get to. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/trainers/447.shtml Just pointing that out.

Years
Actually, Riolu can be found being used by a Veteran in the basement of Oreburgh Gate, who requires Surf to get to. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/trainers/447.shtml Just pointing that out.

Must have slipped there, but yeah that's where a Riolu can be found should you not decide to hatch the egg. I'll probably update my post now. Good luck with completing your Pokedex, King Tetiro!

Years
Thanks for your help everyone! Just one more. Where would I meet Carnivine outside of the Great Marsh?

Victory Road. It's another of the Pokemon on Ace Trainer Omar's team, alongside that Rampardos I mentioned earlier. His third Pokemon is a Rapidash if you're wondering.

Years
No longer need to worry about the Pokedex. All planned correctly and now I only have 9 to go. With the 9th being post-game.

So the Elite Four. Is there a recommended team-level for the Elite Four & Champion? Is the Victory Road the best place to train?

Years
Eevee happiness - Umbreon/Espeon

I need advice on how to raise Eevee's happiness in the very beginning of the game. I will be getting an Eevee egg and would like to evolve is as soon as possible into Umbreon.
How many points does it get for just walking around? Does it at all? I know happiness gaining in SS is different from happiness gaining in the Crystal which I am currently playing.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
There's a full guide on Bulbapedia, but here's some basic information for HG/SS.

It starts out with 70 happiness when it first hatches.

-Walking 256 steps with it gives it +1 happiness.

-Leveling up gains +5, +3, or +2 if its current happiness is from 0-99, 100-199, or 200-255, respectively. Using vitamins does the same.

-Going to the haircut brothers gives anywhere from +1 to +10 based on the Pokemon's reaction, whether it's the older brother or the younger brother, and depending on the Pokemon's current happiness (check the guide for the specifics).

-Fainting subtracts 1 happiness.

Years
Alright thanks. I guess I'll just do few (hundred) errands around the first New Bark Town. I just wasn't sure about this 256-steps thing since there is "??" mark near the "+1" on Bulbapedia.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So the Elite Four. Is there a recommended team-level for the Elite Four & Champion? Is the Victory Road the best place to train?

Try getting all your Pokémon somewhere around level 60. It could be higher, but this is what I'd recommend. :] Also, yeah, Victory Road is one of the best places to train in-game. There are others, but you won't be able to access them until you defeat the league. Also, make sure to buy a ton of recovery items!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 18, 2014
1.Most likely not if the previous owner didn't use a bad code to create that pokemon or used a code to have a pokemon with glitchy side effects. If the last one is the case I guess the transfer corrects the mistake but i recommend that you don't transfer it just for safety. If you are talking about trades from fourth generation cartridges then the glitchy pokemon might still make weird stuff. If you notice anything funny then try to release it. If you can't put it in a separete box and don't interact with it.

2.You hatched it in your SoulSilver right? Does that pokemon have a hacked parent? If so it would be semi- legit. Cause it's something that was generated in game but used data on something that was hacked. If you transfered it from your SoulSilver to your White as a charmander and evolve it in white and the poke check says it's evolved before you transfered it then... I don't know what's the deal. I don't dare to say that the poke-check is just messed up because I haven't tried it. If you are talking about pokebank poke check then that is pretty random cause some legit pokemon are considered illegal thus banned and some that should be illegal pass right through. So i can't answer with certainty.

3. Most likely if you erase your game data the game will reset and you will start your adventure anew like in every other cartridge. It depends if the previous owner hacked the in game events to be different or are made up your game in that sense is forever doomed. It wouldn't be considered legitimate because it's not the original product that gamefreak is marketing. If it was just to hack to obtain event items, event pokemon or perfect IV pokemon and shinies you can either release them or erase the data if it worries you that much but it's not necessary that you do so. If this is the case you will start and probably end your journey like you would have in any other cartridge.

Deathshot

Unregistered User
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
I have some old .PKM files from a while back and I was hoping to have someone look at them for me.

Years
If I breed a Pokemon in Fire red, and it turns out to be a shiny (I'd save the game before it hatches), can I trade it over to SoulSilver or Platinum, or any other game in general, and hatch it there? Would it still be shiny?

Years
If I breed a Pokemon in Fire red, and it turns out to be a shiny (I'd save the game before it hatches), can I trade it over to SoulSilver or Platinum, or any other game in general, and hatch it there? Would it still be shiny?

Yes, shiny Pokemon retain their shiny status when transferred to a newer generation. You just need a DS or DS Lite with the second slot for GBA games when transferring from 3rd to 4th Gen. It won't work for the DSi and 3DS though since they lack the secondary GBA slot.

Years
Yes, shiny Pokemon retain their shiny status when transferred to a newer generation. You just need a DS or DS Lite with the second slot for GBA games when transferring from 3rd to 4th Gen. It won't work for the DSi and 3DS though since they lack the secondary GBA slot.

Alright, thanks. Another question then. In order to transfer from 3rd gen to 4th, I am using Pal Park, right? So how exactly do I "catch" an egg in a pal park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back