• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blazing Fire Deck

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
Today I buyed a Ex: Emerald Wildfire deck (Fire & Lightning), and this is my modifications:

The result:
Energys: 31
31x Fire Energy

Trainers: 5
2x Wally's Training (Ex: Emerald)
2x Pok?Nav (Ex: Emerald)
1x Potion (Ex: Pok?mon FireRed & Leaf Green)

Pok?mons: 24
1x Blaziken (Ex: Emerald)
2x Combusken (Ex: Emerald)
3x Torchic (Ex: Emerald)
2x Camerupt (Ex: Emerald)
3x Numel (Ex: Emerald)
1x Ninetales (Ex: Emerald)
2x Vulpix (Ex: Emerald)
1x Magcargo (Ex: Deoxys 37/107)
1x Magcargo (Ex: Deoxys 20/107)
1x Slugma (Ex: Deoxys)
1x Slugma (Neo ???) (Doesn't matter, does it?)
1x Typhlosion ex (Ex: Sandstorm)
1x Quilava (Ex: Sandstorm)
1x Cyndaquil (Neo ???)
1x Rocket's Moltres ex (Ex: Team Rocket Returns)
1x Magmar (Ex: Team Rocket Returns)
1x Magby (E - Something (Can Energy catch if it helps...))

Small tactics:
The base idea is having attacks with high base damage and not too high energy cost, while some are discarding energys and others takes energys from discard pile to hand... A bit of recycling... C_C

Removed Cards:
9x Lightning Energy
2x Energy Search
1x Potion
2x Professor Birch
2x Manectric
4x Electrice
3x Pikachu
1x Vulpix
1x Numel
1x Torchic

Added Cards:
Some Fire energys
Magcargo (Both)
Slugma (Both)
Typhlosion ex
Quilava
Cyndaquil
Rocket's Moltres ex
Magmar
Magby

Last edited:

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
Well, I'll take out some energys then, but I dont know if I should put in my Base Set Charizard and those, because wishirulz told me not to mix Oldies (Base set to Neo sets) and New pokemons (E and Ex sets).
If I do insert it, then it's very powerful, you know... ;D

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
datriot said:
why should you insert old ones with new ones?
datriot said:
Anyway, I think you should it's really powerful
You just answerred yourself, you insert a old card because it's powerfull... Isn't you always do that when you makes a deck, using the best cards of the type(s) ? :|

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
OK, I don't really know where you want to go with it, but I can offer you some general suggestions...

Dump AT LEAST 11 energy.
Bring bach Birch, card drawing is important.
Tighten up your evolution lines a bit more. I'd dump at least 1 evolution line from here, if not 2.
Get some more cards. Lots of the best cards can be found in HL and DX. TRR and RG won't help this deck too much.

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
datriot said:
I meant, why shouldn't you insert the old ones with the new ones, like wishirulez said, what's the reason for that?
He said it was for the Pok?mon Powers on old ones, it could screw up with the new Power/Bodies... Example:
Old fossil Muk's Pokemon Power stops all other powers from being used/on.
Now, when Pok?Bodies replaced thos always-on Powers, should a Pok?Body count as a Power or not?

Well, I think if you and your opponent are confirming rules about what happens, he agreed it could be okay... So I'll remove 3 energys and add Charamander, Charameleon and Charizard... :D

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
Cyndaquil said:
Now, when Pok?Bodies replaced thos always-on Powers, should a Pok?Body count as a Power or not?:

no, because, they are pokebodies not pokpowers, simple as.

ANyway, back on topic, I think you should definately do what bullados says, especially with energys.

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
Bullados said:
OK, I don't really know where you want to go with it, but I can offer you some general suggestions...

Dump AT LEAST 11 energy.
Bring bach Birch, card drawing is important.
Tighten up your evolution lines a bit more. I'd dump at least 1 evolution line from here, if not 2.
Get some more cards. Lots of the best cards can be found in HL and DX. TRR and RG won't help this deck too much.
Well, I need energys because lots of energy discarding Pokemons is in this deck...
Okay, I'll get a Birch back then.
I don't have any other good cards to insert, and when I tried this deck, it was quite easy to get both basic and evo(s).
Well, I buyed this deck today, modified it and tested it, then it haven't the very best cards, but as soon as I get another Slugma, I'll insert my Magcargo Ex... :D

I think taht was all, but I should try following your guidelines...

wishirulz

convict #100234
Years
im sorry i didnt answer before, ok bullados you are compleatly wrong and screwed drawing is bad in pokemon, only in yu-gi-oh its good cause you have infinite amount, in pokemon its only 60 ok? drwing is bad! plus a "tv reporter" or 2 couldnt hurt the deck to much

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
Wishirulz: What does TV Reporter do?
'Cause I Havn't got one... ;P

And I sorta agree to wishirulz... It's not good having a heavy bunch (20>) of trainers, like 10 pokemons and the rest (<20) as energys... That will just screw up the deck even more... (IMO, weveryone has their own tactics...)

wishirulz

convict #100234
Years
20 energys max you must remember that always! 10 (realy dont) or 15 to 20, trainers and the rest pokemons thats it

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
Wish: You completely contradicted yourself with that statement. You first said that card drawing is not important in Pokemon TCG, then you suggested that he put in TV REporter, arguably the strongest card drawing card in the Modified format (behind Steven's Advise). Card drawing is probably the most important part of any TCG. Also, I've played YGO (not too proud bout it), and the bulk of the decks in there don't exceed 50 cards, at least, the good ones don't. The only decent card drawing in the game is restricted to 1 per deck, which is rediculous, IMHO. I firmly believe that there needs to be AT LEAST 8 draw cards in every deck. I define "card drawing" as any card that can potentially increase your hand size by random draws, so these are the card drawing cards in the Modified format right now...

Birch (draw til you have 6)
Oak's Research (shuffle and draw 5)
Steven's Advise (draw a # of cards equal to the # of opp Poke in play)
TV Reporter (draw 3 discard 1)
Rocket's Mission (discard 1 draw 3)
Copycat (shuffle and draw a # equal to opp hand size)
Admin (both players shuffle and draw a # equal to # of prizes remaining)
Bill's Maintenance (shuffle 1 draw 3)

At least 8 from that group, and I'd suggest 10 as an average, for a competitive deck.

wishirulz

convict #100234
Years
ok tv reporter is good but thats all he needs no more stuff to draw 60 is a small number if you play in the reginals

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
Well, since I uses some cards to get what I want, I guess I already got a bit of the drawing part..

Magcargo (Pok?Power: Search your deck for 1 card and shuffel the rest, then pu that one in top)
Magby (Flip a Coin, if heads take 1 energy from discard pile to hand)

But I guess it's not enough...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
D00d, I've PLAYED in Regionals. I came in 2nd and T8 in consecutive Gyms in one of the most competitive fields in the nation. I am telling you, in terms of deckbuilding strategy, 8 draw is an absolute minimum. In fact, the national champion deck ran 16 draw cards, no joke. I know the person who won MW Regionals, they ran 12 draw in their deck. Draw is a MAJOR part of the game. If you're worried about decking, toss in a couple of Retriever and Energy Recycle System. However, even with a 60 card deck, I have only seen somebody deck out once due to overdrawing. That's in over 6 years of competition there. ONCE!!! Draw power is necessary.

Cynda: Cargo is searching, as it doesn't add the card to your hand. Magby is recovery. Remember that the definition of draw is something that adds random cards from your deck to your hand. Look over the list I put above for good draw cards.

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
missingnomaster: Thanks, but I havn't gotten any time for testing, but my bro is getting his first deck at the weekend. (A grass/water, but since he got like no other cards it isn't too hard beating it, I think...)

Back