• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
Um...

The script editor seems to work great, but I have a different issue... the setting for Advance Map to select this as the script editor... it's not there... in A-Map's settings menu. Is it the version of A-Map I'm using? No one else seemed to have this issue so I'm not sure what to do... how do I add a script to the game without setting it as the script editor in advance map? I tried copy/pasting the offset into a persons script offset in advance map, but nothing happened. They didn't say what they used to say, nor did they say anything new, nor did the game freeze. It was like they weren't there at all. Help? =/

Clasko67

Professional Trecaur
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
I can't understand this script, help please? I'm new to Pokemon Hacking and I only know how to use Advance Map 1.92 but I don't know how to edit script. Thanks. :)

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
Years
Yeah,I downloaded The version of Pksv on The FIRST page and i can get it to open but when i restart my computer....I go on to winrar, and try to open it...And it will not open! Also,I dont get scripting very much so can someone help with these two problems?

I can't understand this script, help please? I'm new to Pokemon Hacking and I only know how to use Advance Map 1.92 but I don't know how to edit script. Thanks. :)
Yeah Me too....and is ur advanced map the newest version? I dont even know if mine is....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
So, I compiled a script in Pokemon Gold, but how would I find it to put in JohtoMap? (The number)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
So, I compiled a script in Pokemon Gold, but how would I find it to put in JohtoMap? (The number)
Uhh, what do you mean exactly ?
What I do is that, I first change the script pointer of the wanted event to a blank space (with JohtoMap) and from there, possibly repoint the rest of the script somewhere else (by writing a 3-byte pointer to another bank with a hex editor) and "store" that offset to my head.

Then, put for example byte "90" in the offset where you pointed the start of your script (which is used to end a normal script) and finally load the script normally with PKSV from the offset where the byte "90" is located (that way, it won't show "2call 0x0000... which is practically what "00 00 00" does).

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Uhh, what do you mean exactly ?
What I do is that, I first change the script pointer of the wanted event to a blank space (with JohtoMap) and from there, possibly repoint the rest of the script somewhere else (by writing a 3-byte pointer to another bank with a hex editor) and "store" that offset to my head.

Then, put for example byte "90" in the offset where you pointed the start of your script (which is used to end a normal script) and finally load the script normally with PKSV from the offset where the byte "90" is located (that way, it won't show "2call 0x0000... which is practically what "00 00 00" does).
Well, that's not exactly what I mean. In JohtoMap, there is a thing called "script number." What I need is how to call a new script from it.

miksy91

Years
Do you mean the four digits that are stored in this box: "Script: XXYY" ?
In case you do, read the GB/C Pointer Tutorial that's linked to my signature.
The four digits are a two-byte pointer and define the offset of the script.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I'm not sure if anyone else gets this but if you use Emerald and generate a starter pokemon it gives me the wrong flag to set
(FR_POKEMON, FR_POKEDEX, and FR_RUNNINGSHOES) and gives me the firered nation pokedex special. I'm not sure if this is for everyone and doesn't really matter to me but I think it's a glitch or something.

miksy91

Years
I'm not sure if anyone else gets this but if you use Emerald and generate a starter pokemon it gives me the wrong flag to set
(FR_POKEMON, FR_POKEDEX, and FR_RUNNINGSHOES) and gives me the firered nation pokedex special. I'm not sure if this is for everyone and doesn't really matter to me but I think it's a glitch or something.
Sounds like scripting codes are different in FireRed and Emerald.
Kinda means, that's no glitch and should happen with the code you inputted. Try using another script editor (which works with Emerald) or input the right code manually with a hex editor.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
hi im playing emerald and i cant get the battle pokemon script thingy to work right i use it but then it just makes the pokemon cry then a wierd sound and freezes on my emulator please help

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Are there any script editors for DS roms available?
Why yes, there are, but this is obviously not one of them. If you wish to get one that works fairly well with DPPt and HGSS, then I suggest looking for a tool known as PPRE.

uber_pineapple

Just Smile.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2011
I'm having a problem with PKSV...

Whenever I extract it I get an error: "could not load scintilla.dll! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!"

well, I did, and it use to work, not it doesn't. It doesnt matter what verion I extract or if i delete it and re-extract the program, I get the same error, and yes the .dll is in the folder with it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
The script editor seems to work great, but I have a different issue... the setting for Advance Map to select this as the script editor... it's not there... in A-Map's settings menu. Is it the version of A-Map I'm using? No one else seemed to have this issue so I'm not sure what to do... how do I add a script to the game without setting it as the script editor in advance map? I tried copy/pasting the offset into a persons script offset in advance map, but nothing happened. They didn't say what they used to say, nor did they say anything new, nor did the game freeze. It was like they weren't there at all. Help? =/
ampage.no-ip.info/index.php?seite=advancemap

I'm having a problem with PKSV...

Whenever I extract it I get an error: "could not load scintilla.dll! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!"

well, I did, and it use to work, not it doesn't. It doesnt matter what verion I extract or if i delete it and re-extract the program, I get the same error, and yes the .dll is in the folder with it.
Run the program Run (it's in your Acessories. If not, search it) and type in:
regsvr32 <path & filename of scintilla.dll>
That will register scintilla.dll into your computer, therefore giving a command to the computer that you can use this .dll file. At least, I think that's what it does.

Ok, my problem now.
I'm having an error with my ROM: the scripts won't compile correctly. I've tried changing offsets, debugging my program, but nothing's working. Help?
(I don't need to post my script: I tried it with an already existing sprite, and a generated script, and it gave me a bunch of raw #0xFF's.)

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't know you had to leave the 0x740000 on the #dyn(amic) command alone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Have you planed to translate this great tool into german?
If yes I would help you, cause I'm german =)

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
Has anyone else not been able to have the PKSV window appear? When I check Task Manager, pksvui.exe shows up under processes, but the actual window does not display.
Turn off, and turn back on your computer.

And, I mean, TURN OFF, and then TURN ON. Restarting might not work.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
Reinstall PKSV, if that didn't work.

An addition to the next edition:
A help file for all of the commands would be nice.
Also, a help file for all of the menu items would be appriciated.
Maybe a "Script Viewer", where it will play a little clip illistruating what the Script will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back