• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Ah crap, yeah, I hate Fire Spin :P Even if they're trapped for a bit, it's just too weak for me to want to use.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
Years
Hello, I would like to make an application!

Name- Dyenguard

Starter- Blaise the Ninetales

Reason for joining- I just recently made fire-type pokemon my favorite. Just a month or so ago, some of my friends decided to make elemental themed pokemon teams for the games. To make things even more fun, we would use a random number generator to see which element we had to base our teams on. I happened to get fire, which also happened to be the same element as the TCG cards I use! I have loved fire pokemon ever since then.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Name: TheOperaGhost
Starter: Hephaestus the Charmeleon
Reasons: I love fire pokemon and a few years ago I used to run the flame type fan club, but I got busy so here I am again signing up.

So you know I'm not a troll :P

Favourite Fire Gym-Leader?
Well a part of me yells Chilli since he is just epic but it isn't based on looks so I will say Blaine, he just burns awesomely, plus his base is cool.

☼ Question- Name a move learned by Latios that's always Fire type.

- Is it Sunny Day?

Last edited:

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
Years
Can fire type pokemon be used defensively? Well yes of course. (only a couple lol) Chandelure is a great user of substitute. Combine that with pain split and you have an interesting semi-defensive strategy.

Which fire pokemon has the best shiny sprite? Ninetales of course! It's beautiful!

Was rotom better as a fire/ghost or electric/ghost? In my opinion, rotom is way cooler as an electric/ghost, but I would rather it be a fire type presently.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Name: TheAC29
Starter: Typhlosion (First person to have him :D)
Reason for joining: Fire-Type is my second fave type, it helps me progress in the game if you battle a psychic type or ice type, but it's still a good pokemon to have for starters and I like the designs for each fire type pokemon. :D
Referred by: Nobody (Just me :))

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the club!
feel free to answer some ongoing questions!!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Sorry for not updating the thread for weeks :(. I was getting treated in a healthcare facility all the across the country and didn't have internet access. But now I'm on my way back.

I'll update the OP this evening.

Years
Time for some POTW pics! This week is all about Johto's Fire Starter Typhlosion!

Oh, and welcome back to you Sayan!

Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Should I make a all fire team in my Pokemon Soul Silver? O.o
Beside water type what do you guys think the disadvantages would be?

Of course Water, Ground and Rock are gonna be the obvious disadvantages. But it's in-game so anything goes. I assume you've picked the Infernape line as your starter. You can use Sunny Day on the monkey, it should have great speed and be able to outspeed most water types you'd face. Just use Sunny Day on turn 1 to halve the damage from the incoming water attack. Other 3 moves should be a Fire move (Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Flare Blitz/Fire Punch etc. I recommend a special move), a Fighting move (Close Combat/Focus Blast) and a coverage move (Thunderpunch/Grass Knot/Solarbeam). You can also use Swords Dance/Nasty Plot(learned by Chimchar)/Slack Off(Monferno) in the first or last slots. Btw, it also isn't weak to Rock.

To somewhat thwart the Ground weakness you can use a Flying type (Ho-oh? It can also take a few special water attacks thanks to an enormous special defense).

Heatran should also be included late game. Although it is weak to Water and Ground, it has numerous other resistances that would benefit your team.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
@Sayan That for the advice. Me and a friend are going to have a battle between classes tomorrow!!. He use an all Earth types and I'm using The Supreme Fire Team. Wish me luck tomorrow.

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Name: mavy42
Starter: Charizard
Reason for joining: Fire types have always been my favorite. They never fail to amaze me!

Which is the best Fire/Fighting starter:
Blaziken, because it's more cool and faster than the others.
Infernape's second!
Emboar sucks!

Last edited:

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
Years
Name- Infernova
Starter- Infernape
Reason for joining- Fire is an element of destruction, love and hope. Infernape can harness all of these. Fire is the king of all types, in my opinion.
Referred by- none

Years
Mavy42 and Infernova, welcome!

Which is the best Fire/Fighting starter:
Infernape, cos he is an amazing mixed sweeper, has an awesome design and he's a MONKEY! (I love monkeys)

PhantomTwilight

possibly sane
Years
  • Age 28
  • NJ
  • Seen Nov 9, 2014
Aww infernova took mine D:

Name- PhantomTwilight
Starter- Omega the Emboar
Reason for joining- Fire types are epic. Not only are their designs usually flawless, but their power is unmatched, and they have the best double-type match-ups.
Referred by- Hikari10

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Yup.

Name- 8bitSilence
Starter- Flicker the Litwick
Reason for joining- As you can see in my signature, I'm doing a Fire UMC. I wasn't a huge fan of fire Pokemon before, but the UMC has extended my appreciation for the type.

Cheshire Absol

Zombie <3
Years

Name- Cheshire Absol
Starter- Ace the Growlithe
Reason for joining- My first Pokemon was a Charmander, so I have always had a rather strong connection for fire types. Their physical moves are killer. :3
Referred by- My Imaginary Friend Bob

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Name- Jericho
Starter- Vulpix
Reason for joining- Fire pokemon are amazing even though i love grass types, fire is defenitly my second favorite, they have really great pokemon and are extremely powerfull. I chose vulpix because it is a powerful yet cute pokemon
Referred by- Nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back