• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
It smells sooo beautiful outside. Too bad I'll be studying biochem for my exam tomorrow TT.TT

Edit: Ladies and gentlemen, the attack ads have already started:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...n_trudeau_set_to_debut_as_liberal_leader.html

Spoiler'd because the video may or may not be inappropriate... It's poking fun at Harper, though.

Spoiler:

Anyway, BACON.

And finally the snow is all gone! (for those who read my last week's blog about the winter storm...)

Enjoyed a nice spring walk today, too. It was 10C outside.

Last edited:
Years
I couldn't stop laughing through the whole video XDDDD Puts my bad accent in perspective though, is it embarassing to Quebeckers when people butcher French?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Nan, we actually like it when people at least attempt French; however, we don't like Harper. Quebec, other than the City of Quebec, is typically NDP/Liberal/La Bloque, so these kinds of compilations ridiculing him is awesome.

I have a lot of anglophones (I'm anglophone myself, but apparently have an Acadian / New Brunswick accent) come by my register who "butcher" it / make it really obvious it's their second language, but I smile and continue jabbering on, and they get everything I say and I literally giv'em a thumbs up every time.

It's a nice thing. I find it considerate.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It's 13°C right now, feeling the good spring season here in Montreal :)

And don't forget it's not only quebecers that speaks french, lol. We find it rather funny when someone tries to speak french but can't. Vice-versa for people trying to talk in English too. Especially when it's politic leaders that can't speak french/english properly. I mean, they seriously became leader and can't speak fluenty the two most spoken language in Canada? Wow, hha.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
It's 13°C right now, feeling the good spring season here in Montreal :)

inorite, isn't it gorgeous outside? Went for a stroll on Masson and picked up a bright red computer desk from Rona. It was on sale for 30$+tax, so not bad at all! Sturdy, classy little thing, too! Even came with a matching chair, PLUS it only took about 5min to install. It's great lol

I live around Masson/d'Iberville @ Laurier, btw.

Oh, and if we find it funny / amusing, it's not a mean laugh; it's 'cause we think u's a kootiepye.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I brought my jacket this morning because it was quite chilly around 10 AM but then when I went out around 4, I was like gaah, so hot xD

Wow, you live pretty far (for me) I live at Saint-Laurent, metro Cote-Vertu^^

And what...? Computer desk for 30$ PLUS with a chair? Do they still have more? I really need one, mine is really old and is breaking apart lol :(

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I brought my jacket this morning because it was quite chilly around 10 AM but then when I went out around 4, I was like gaah, so hot xD

Wow, you live pretty far (for me) I live at Saint-Laurent, metro Cote-Vertu^^

And what...? Computer desk for 30$ PLUS with a chair? Do they still have more? I really need one, mine is really old and is breaking apart lol :(

Lady said there were six left! It's made of aluminum and is perfect for laptops. There's no keyboard placement, though - just a simple desk, but it's sturdy and functional, even if you just wanna keep your keyboard on your lap.

My other desk broke in half... so...

It's at the Rona at Masson/Saint-Michel. Take the 47 East from Laurier, or the 67 South from Saint-Michel and get off when you see the DesJardins and Jean-Coutu (just after the Subway at Rosemont).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh, no keyboard placement? :(

That's the main issue with my desk lol ='(

Oh! And did you check the weather for Friday? 24°C max ;D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
His French is way better than mine, but I still found the video funny. Or at least the typed out translation because the word in context is what made it work XD I know not how to speak French. Can't understand it either when spoken to. Went to France once and tried to ask "Where is the washroom?" at some restaurant or something. And... well, my vocabulary is pretty small so it came out very roughly as "I love the toilet".

Also, $30 seems pretty good for desk + chair.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh god LOL. Nice way to admit your love to toilets, Triforce xD

French is really complicated to learn with all the grammar and whatnot >.>'

Years
I tried learning German for a time, but it interfered with my French so I say und instead of et and danke instead of merci. It took me a long time to figure out what the equivalent of danke once, made for many awkward silences.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
When I started learning Spanish (can understand a lot of verbal and write a bit), I would use "y" in French texts instead of "et." Luckily my French teacher was also my Spanish teacher so she just laughed (big ol' :) on my homework) lol

And I didn't find French hard at all, but a lot of people who learn it second do because of all the new verb variations and grammar stuff; unless, of course, your first language is Italian or Spanish or something. Then it's really similar and a lot easier.

Years
How about all of yall learn some Korean eh? It smelled really nice outside today. It's 3 in the morning so I'm probably not making any sense.

Is anyone keeping up with Idle No More? I stopped following a while back.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
A big reason that I didn't want to learn any languages similar to French was because I knew I'd get confused trying to learn multiple at the same time. I almost took Japanese in grade 11 though, since there's quite a difference between itself, English and French, but I ended up being boring and took Accounting instead.

As for the Idle No More, I remember having heard about it every once and a while some time ago, but hadn't really heard much since their meeting at parliament back in January. I haven't really been following along with the situation, but I think the lack of media coverage out here (as least from what I've seen) has kept me from hearing much.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Probably. In my little Ontario town, we were #1 for drugs and teen pregnancy.

And Quebec has a legal limit of four grams before you're considered a dealer. Can't say the same about Ontario, my aunt having had her kids taken away for a spleef before.

Also, I get this nice guy at my cash once a week. He's obviously anglophone, but he tries so hard! I never say anything as to not discourage him + he's understandable, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

But literally, when he tries to say, "Bonjour ! Puis-je avoir deux sacs s'il-te plait ?" It comes out as "Bunjyur! Pwee-jzeh avoar-reh dur sacks see teh play ?"

It sounds a bit silly, but again, not saying anything 'cause it doesn't really matter, and saying something would only hurt his feelings / discourage him... That's always unproductive.

Back