• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you had an opportunity.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
If you had an opportunity to create a pokemon game, [As in work for Nintendo and lead the game's development, etc], how would it be?

Would you change the age requirements to 14+ for any particular reason? Would you make a dark/twisted plot which involves a lot of conspiracy and such?

Would you give the trainer an option to become coordinator, researcher, breeder or trainer? Would you change the roots of the game as a whole?

In essence, how would you change the game

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Moved to Pokemon Gaming Central as this is specific to Pokemon games (rather than say Pokemon in general media forms).

I would probably not do the stuff suggested in your post on that note, or leastways in the second line. Pokémon's strength lies in it being played by both kids and older players - no need to limit that to make it 14+ (which seems like an odd specific age to pick on that note...). And I don't have any particular lust for a dark/twisted plot or the such.

I would however want another game featuring the almighty Miror B in it though. =p

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
One final Pokémon game. It would have all the current regions interconnected for the biggest adventure ever embarked on. With the antagonist (whoever that may be) attempting to do something that would devastate, not just a particular region, but the known Pokémon World.

Years
I think the biggest thing that I've always wanted to see the Pokemon series adapt is a branching storyline rather than the mostly linear ones we've always been stuck with. Rather than having your end goal always trying to become the Pokemon League Champion, decisions that you make along the way could have you pursue a path to be a master coordinator (competing mainly in contests), a Pokemon researcher (having your main goal be to collect all the Pokemon), etc., rather than just having those as sidequests.

One thing I've always thought as unnecessary, though, would be to have a game that included all of the regions. What I wouldn't mind doing if I had control of game creation, though, might be to bring back a region like Hoenn, but have it set ~20 years after R/S/E, and including lots of new areas (similar to like what happened between B/W and B/W2).

Back