• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which new pokemon did you hate the most?

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I don't really hate any of the new Pokemon, but I'd say Binacle. It's design is pretty ugly; it's evolution is pretty much the only thing it has going for it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
By it's design, I really dislike how Klefki looks like - just a lot of 'keys' put together and called it a Pokemon.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
A lot of the fairies, actually. Which I think is also a major contributor to how a lot of people just don't get how they're a counter to Dragon.

It is pretty frustrating to know that some of the dumbest-looking creatures (S;urpuff, Aromatisse, Carboink, Klefki) are absolutely immune to the likes of Salamance, Hydreigon, Palkia, Dialga, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

But even more so is the fact that their designs are just overwhelmingly typically girly-girl. To the point where it's frankly insulting to actual little girls. Fluffy and vapid.

They could have afforded to tone things down a notch or ten.

I'm also not the biggest fan of Pyroar. I think they skimped out on that one. Missed opportunity for something truly great. Lions are the king of beasts, after all- and are absolutely steeped in rich mythology and symbolism.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
By it's design, I really dislike how Klefki looks like - just a lot of 'keys' put together and called it a Pokemon.

Not Even Keys, just a metal ring that collects keys.

Aromatisse. I really don't care for that thing.

I thought the same thing, but it grew on me. I like it now. But not at first.

I hate... DIGGERSBY nothing will make me use it.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Delphox. I think I spelled that right. Worst Pokémon I have seen, ever.

Years
I pretty much love all the Kalos Pokemon except one... Avalugg, aka Ice Table.

Yeah I don't like its body shape for some reason, and nope I don't think Diggersby or Binacle are that ugly.

Years
I actually do like Barbaracle, so i'm not gonna say that one.

But I really hate Dedenne. It goes with the tradition of each new generation introducing a Pikachu knock off, but that doesn't excuse it from being crap. I don't like its design and it learns almost nothing good.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There are a few I don't really hate per se, but was disappointed in. I really love Swirlix, Spritzee, and Braixen...oh man, especially Braixen. Favorite gen VI Pokemon. But I am disappointed with all their evolutions. I mean, they're not terrible and I think they're okay, but I was expecting better with them and it makes me not want to evolve them. :( I'm pretty fond of my Slurpuff and Delphox personally, but I haven't really touched Aromatisse...I think of the three I named, that's the one that disappoints me most. I was hoping that Spritzee, looking happy and cute, yet somehow still creepy, would become a more...morbid, dark purple/fuchsia kind of thing? There was great fan art back before Aromatisse was revealed. I guess Google for it.

The Pokemon I absolutely do not like are Binacle and Avalugg. Barbaracle is a great Pokemon to use, and while I don't like the design, the Pokemon itself grew on me because it was a great team member. But Binacle is still...wow. Named mine God Forsaken. lol And I like Bergmite, but Avalugg is probably the most uncreative thing I've ever seen. I normally don't say that about Pokemon, because I usually can find something about them I really like, but this thing...I just can't find it any saving grace. It's a table of ice and looks like it wasn't even made by a human being. It really looks like they didn't even try. If anyone wants to tell me something great about Avalugg, be my guest. I like Bergmite enough to hope for something good about Avalugg.

So, all that being said, my #1 hated gen VI Pokemon is Avalugg. #1 disappointing gen VI Pokemon is Aromatisse.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
But I really hate Dedenne. It goes with the tradition of each new generation introducing a Pikachu knock off, but that doesn't excuse it from being crap. I don't like its design and it learns almost nothing good.
I gotta agree with this. And I find it funny how Game Freak tries to capitalize on the popularity of Pikachu, but is then like "well, we can't really make it better than Pikachu", which results in us getting another crap 'mon.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Agree with Everlark on the Braixen situation. They had the chance to do something great, but we just got a bigger version of it with Delphox. Greninja and Chesnaught are pretty cool, but I was sorely disappointed with Delphox.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
To add a little more to my post, even though we had kind of a small roster this generation, the quality of most of the Pokemon were much better than generations with more Pokemon. Quality over Quantity, you know?

Years
Definitely Diggersby. I thought Bunnelby was extremely cute and then it evolved into a fat, pimp-looking rabbit with the cry of a constipated alcoholic burping up his meals atrociously.

Shhmew

Years
Aww, I love Carbink! <3

I love a LOT of the new Pokemon, but a few of them definitely had me cringing. Usually because they were just so darn awkward.

My least favorites... probably:

-The Chespin line: Not a fan of them at all, the whole line is really awkward, though I guess Chespin is kind of cute. Point is as it evolves it gets really gross and... just... awkward.
-Pancham/Pangoro: I think I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'm definitely not a fan of these guys... Pangoro especially is just really creepy and bulky and bleh.
-The Honedge line: Again, probably in the minority... but I don't like them! Didn't like them since the first time I saw them. And then the fact they're incredibly hard to take down in battle (at least for me, being a noob) is just annoying and then everyone uses them because of that and I'm sick of seeing the sword/shield thing everywhere ;P I just don't like it. Never have been charmed with Pokemon based off of inanimate objects anyway. Sorry Aegislash, but you'll never find your way onto my team...
-Binacle/Barbaracle: Just horridly creepy and awkward. End of story.
-Clauncher/Clawitzer: ^
-Trevenant: ^ (although Phantump is so adorable! and its cry *-*)
-Bergmite/Avalugg: ^ (but I'd use avalugg as a kitchen table)

Back