• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] & we're cursed WITHIN

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'm not sure why I've stayed away from this section, doing a little graphic design myself.

Anyways, I really like your work. Regardless of placement (which can be tough depending on your focal anyways), your text is something I really enjoy. Your ability to vary the colors, sizes, fonts, etc., keeps things fresh. I'm used to people (myself included) saying all the time to stay away from text because of poor execution, but I quite like what you've got going on. My only gripe (and this may just boil down to personal preference) has to do with colors. Some of your tags are a bit on the monotone side in regards to color, a lot of them leaning heavily towards sepia or all blue. For some reason though, you seem to do better with this on your LPs, especially: http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/alongtimecrossing.jpg
I guess I just have a penchant for vibrant colors which you do have on some of your tags, and a lot of your icons for that matter.

Can't really say much about sprites or web design, although they do look good. I like your work though and hope to see more in the future.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In regards to monotone, I understand exactly what you're saying. One of the major reasons for it, though, is because of gradient maps. When making tags, sometimes I would use them way too much. xD" In future, I'll try to keep them to a low level. Thanks for your comment; I appreciate it! Anyhoo, time for an update.

Vl2DQwD.png
Cy1Hare.png
XL2Wm4T.png

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Try not to rely too much on Gradient Maps. I use them as a way to "blend" in all the colors with each other and maybe to bring out a few colors. Selective Colors, Levels and Curves are what should be more heavily utilized, imo. Most of my icons contain gradient maps, yes, but they're at like "3-5%" opacity. :p It is mostly Selective Color spamming for me. And they work pretty well, imo.

Cy1Hare.png

This one is great. Has depth, colors look good and just an overall nice icon that I'd use in a heartbeat. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I was just crazy with gradient maps back then, and hadn't really considered using much other things aside from those. Your suggestion does sound good, though; selective coloring could make colors pop, which adds a much nicer effect. I'll definitely keep it in mind next time I make something. n_n" Also, update:

Spoiler:

The new Color Flattered forum style of PC.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I thought I'd drop these here:

NJIPsPI.png
KL3XLmD.png

Was experimenting with color, but couldn't decide which I liked better so I wound up keeping both. XD" Feel free to comment!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Wooow i dont get how you dont receive comments more often!!
All of your pieces look so great, really! I love your style, it makes the pictures look so..vibrant?
And your Pixel art is really cute as well, just look at that Riolu/Mienshao :D

I might even request a sig from you if thats ok? :P

Aw and btw, my favorite avatar has to be this one:
thrice.png

Soooo freaking cute!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Glad you like it, Zorogami; that's one of my favorite icons, too! I'm not taking any sig requests right now, but you could request icons, though. :] Just provide link to some stock image and let me know what size you'd like it to be! Anyhoo, guys, here's another web layout I've made last year:

Spoiler:

Was rushing through it, so unfortunately, it didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to be. I definitely should have put more time and effort in.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really like that web layout, its very dark and features Darkrai!
Maybe if you added some blue highlights it would look a bit better, just saying.
And a question: Im thinking about using 3 icons as my sig, what would you say are some good sizes for them??

Nakala Pri

I wish I found these sooner. <3

Keep up the good work, Ashley, I might just request soon... c:<

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
100 x 100 should be fine, Zoro. :3 You could make them bigger, too, if you like, but not overly big. Haha. Also, thank you for the generous comment, Airhead! Anyhoo, here's some stuff I've worked on these past couple of weeks:

vhtlWyl.png
Fb97WyE.png
WqD2Kk4.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I never really look at galleries, but for some reason I clicked the link in your sig now, Ashley. You are so good, I really love the text you add to your art. It's tasteful. Also the general colors and smoothness of stuff like this
fascinatingdream.png
prevail.png
is something I'm in awe of :3

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023
These look awesome :)

Do you draw some of them from scratch? But anyway still awesome

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
@Doctor
Thanks, Rika! Haha, yeah, I always try to be a little wary when it comes to texts. They could make your work if done work, and break them if not. ):

@XpokeX
Thank you. n_n Nope; aside from the Taillow one, none of these were drawn by me.

Also, not sure if I've posted these yet, so I thought should just drop them, haha.

T2b6p1W.png
nGosYx2.png
nSV5Efk.png

Haven't had much motivation to make anything lately, unfortunately, so I'm really sorry for the lack of updates.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've made splashes for a few boards around here this month, so... here they are!

ROM Hacking
Spoiler:

Culture & Media
Spoiler:

Video Games
Spoiler:

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I've made splashes for a few boards around here this month, so... here they are!

ROM Hacking
Spoiler:

Culture & Media
Spoiler:

Video Games
Spoiler:

Wow, they all look lovely. I like how clean they look. The fonts are also good. What font did you use for the "Video Games" one? I like it.

I am no good at editing images and you've made a lot of good work with your avatars and signatures. More power to you and your work :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Thanks! For Video Games, I'm not really sure, but I think it might've been Open Sans, haha. Anyway, more splashes:

Technology & Internet
Spoiler:

Pokémon General
Spoiler:

Poki

Banned
Years
Y'know, as someone who spent most of her time in 2010-2013 doing graphic design-related stuff, I must say I'm impressed. The images are indeed clean, and that's really important. I know how hard it is when it comes to editing/placing text; it's tricky. {XD}

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, text placement is actually not that straightforward; to make it blend, you'd have to do a lot of thinking, and take your time figuring out the correct position. Anyway, thanks, guys! Now, before I move onto other things, here's one more splash. It's for The Welcome Lounge; got it done a couple of weeks ago. Background doesn't exactly seem suit that section, unfortunately, so it'll be replaced with something else pretty soon.

preview.png

Back