• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sometimes Macs are known to be faster than Windows computers, and with my time on this MacBook, i've found this to be a decently fast computer for the most part. I hardly even remember my old Dell laptop because of it, sometimes that would go fast but others it would be slow as a snail.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Right now, only Mac system I have is an iBook. Bought it many, many years ago, but haven't touched it much since purchasing, though, so it still looks decently new. Only thing I don't like is its speed, but I suppose it could be upgraded by adding more RAM. Someday, I'd love to get my hands on one of those new MacBooks. They might be a little too expensive for me, but would surely be able to manage by saving.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've found Macs and PCs to perform the same given the exact same software. Makes sense, too, seeing as they practically share a platform these days.

Years
I will say that I do like the idea of how Macs do use Intel-based processors nowadays, especially since it means a person can set up a dual-boot between Windows and OS X.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Okay, question. By the end of the year, I'm gonna update my phones. I have a simple Xperia Mini for daily stuff, and a front for my slightly bigger Honor 3C, which is quite expensive, and I don't want to take out a lot. The mini is becoming too slow, needing updates every day or so, and its running on ICS. The Honor 3C is gonna eventually take its place like I said, as an everday phone. Definitely going Sony for the "show" phone, but I'm wondering if I should jump on a Z1 compact(by years end its gonna be OOOOOOOOOOLD) or wait for the Z3C to be announced and wait for a price drop? Z1C is like 300 euros right now, by then 250. Snapdragon 800, Adreno 330 and 2gigs in 2015 isn't going to be bad at all, but still its dated. And sure hypothetically, we don't know if the Z3C is even gonna happen. But I want sony. And a small screen, with great specs.(At least compared to the 3C which is using MediaTek, so its a crapshoot.)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
guys my phone is upsetting me

it knows where I'm going to work today even though I haven't told it anything of the sort and it's telling me how long it'll take to drive there

HOW DOES IT KNOW WHERE I'M GOING ):

Years

it knows where I'm going to work today even though I haven't told it anything of the sort and it's telling me how long it'll take to drive there

Sadly, that's just the mobile world these days. If you searched for anything relevant, no matter how vague it was, you'd still probably get results on the subject, and they were more than likely catered to you as well. The only thing I can suggest is to perhaps turn location services off on your phone (either as a whole or just on the app that gave you the information, even if it was your web browser) and then see if you still get results. I'd also consider cleaning your cookies and web history as well just to be on the safe side.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years

From that brief desciption it sounds like Google Now is turn on and you might have unknowingly set your work location :P You can turn it off in Google settings app.

Years
I have my work location set in Google Now, and I never get notifications on stuff related to it :p

What I do get cards for in Google Now is a local theater that maybe I went to once and that was it.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
So I've got a quick question about iTunes, and hopefully someone can help me with this. For some odd reason, when I try to update an album by switching it to a compilation, it won't save when I confirm it. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Or rather, if someone has had this issue before, what did you do to fix it?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So, can someone tell me why phone makers keep jipping their smaller offering, and not taking the route Sony did with the Z1C? Its why I mentioned it above, and why I'm not going with anything else. Like look at the newly announced G3 Beat from LG:
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g3_beat_with_5_hd_display_laser_af_camera_goes_official-news-9054.php
For a mid-rangers, sure 1.2GHz at 1gb sounds excellent, but you just know they're gonna charge about 300 euros for it, which is ludicrous with those specs. The reason why I say that is cause around 300 I can get either a Nexus 5, a Z1 Compact, Moto X(eh not too good a comparison), or an S4 active! And that's just from what I gave a quick glance at, not the whole list of phones in that price range. If they're gonna sell it at around 300-400 euros(which they will obviously) at least give us 2 gigs of ram and 1.5ghz.
If you're wondering why I have a problem, its cause after sony, LG's design philosophy for the G3 is my favorite.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So, can someone tell me why phone makers keep jipping their smaller offering, and not taking the route Sony did with the Z1C? Its why I mentioned it above, and why I'm not going with anything else. Like look at the newly announced G3 Beat from LG:
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g3_beat_with_5_hd_display_laser_af_camera_goes_official-news-9054.php
For a mid-rangers, sure 1.2GHz at 1gb sounds excellent, but you just know they're gonna charge about 300 euros for it, which is ludicrous with those specs. The reason why I say that is cause around 300 I can get either a Nexus 5, a Z1 Compact, Moto X(eh not too good a comparison), or an S4 active! And that's just from what I gave a quick glance at, not the whole list of phones in that price range. If they're gonna sell it at around 300-400 euros(which they will obviously) at least give us 2 gigs of ram and 1.5ghz.
If you're wondering why I have a problem, its cause after sony, LG's design philosophy for the G3 is my favorite, and I would love to own one. Just not with those specs, and the expected price markup.

Years

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
So I've got a quick question about iTunes, and hopefully someone can help me with this. For some odd reason, when I try to update an album by switching it to a compilation, it won't save when I confirm it. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Or rather, if someone has had this issue before, what did you do to fix it?
I wish I could help, but I try to stay away from iTunes. xD Apple support or googling not working? :P

If you're wondering why I have a problem, its cause after sony, LG's design philosophy for the G3 is my favorite.

Because money, its cheaper for them to jip. And if people buy low end phones, they usually don't care about the specs. I do wish more people went the Sony/Motorola route, I mean yes the G/E is kinda gimped from the Moto X (lack of some meters thus features, but they perform quite well for a low end phone).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Money is a good answer, but its ridiculous. At this point the R&D of new CPUs and innards of cell phones has reached a sort of peak this last year, with no real breakthroughs in new technology(except maybe some power saving). At the rate that it was created and now stabilized, you should easily be able to buy a phone in the 300 euro price bracket and get something with a Snapdragon 800 and at the least 1.5Ghz of power. The price disparity between the various power levels is ridiculous even by PC standards.
Low end(maybe 1 gig of ram, some 1.2GHz of power, Dual Core maybe):90-150 Euros
then it jumps to
Mid end(Definitely a gig, maybe 1.5, again 1.2GHz, Most Dual Core, rarely a Quad Core):200-300 Euros
And anything High-End with a Snapdragon 800, anywhere around 1.5-2.5GHz, Quad Core/Octa Core and an excellent snapper goes from 500 to 700.

In the 400-500 price range there are some phones, but most are either last year models or insanely marked up phones(I'm looking at you HTC. 450 for the Desire 610?)
If they could shorten the gaps, and hell maybe even lower the prices it would be great. One thing I'm definitely going to be annoyed about is if Android phones don't lose their price bloat when MS' patent extortion stops, as the money lost to paying royalties translates to profit, thus a chance to lower prices. Will it happen? Of course not, ♥♥♥♥ing greed runs everything! /Rant

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Well I ended up paying only $100 for an LG G2. Although it was supposed to be around $700 at the time.

My mother's two-year contract with AT&T expired, and since she had no intention of switching services, she renewed it with the G2 as a by-product.

The G2's specs are neck-to-neck even with the S5 even though it's a few quarters behind.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Contract bought phones are bull, you usually end up paying a lot more for the services you don't use then by getting the phone at full price.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
My mother continued to use her original phone and just renewed her contract. The G2 has nothing to do with AT&T anymore. We haven't been charged for that phone since the day we bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back