• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well, sry for not posting for a while here. I'm cancelling the contest since only two ppl entered... Well it's possible to see a lack of interest here... I guess all the gd community is suffering from that. I'm finally back at working at a quick pace, Zephyr as well ^^. I have a lot of things to show you but first I want to know what exactly you want to see in the next update. So if anyone has any suggestion, plz tell me xD.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
... The showcase is getting really boring ¬¬, where are all the people we had here on the end of last year o_o? Anyways, since noone suggested something for the update, I'm making a micro one...

Well since I lost all my pc data (except Pokémon Uranium xD), I also lost the editable version of the region map, the one with layers etc.. Well I decided to take some time and make a new one! It's based on the old one but still, it's looking 1.000 times better! I'm really satisfied with it:

2hevvxh.png

I'm probably still missing a few things there (like the different coloured sea/cave routes), but I think I managed to make it feel like a real archipelago! Comments and criticism in it plz xD.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I love the colours you went with. They look really well together and the map looks massive by the way. So many towns and cities ha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
That looks excellent dude. Your right it has gotten boring around here....Anyway good job. I hope more people post..

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
In what way is it boring around here guys. As the saying goes, you get what you put into it guys. If you have any suggestions feel free to PM me or Avatar.

Years
The map looks great. The only thing that really bothers me about it is that it doesn't really flow that well. Every route just leads to a dead end (or a route that leads to a dead end). I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to do this, but just adding some small routes between some towns and cities to connect them would make navigating the map without Fly much better (and thus make gameplay flow better, too). Anyway, nice job on the map.

EDIT:
I know, I really shouldn't have done this, but I edited your map as an example of what I mean. Of course, I added a bit too much.

2hevvxh2.png

If you want me to remove it, I would be more than obliged.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
The map looks great. The only thing that really bothers me about it is that it doesn't really flow that well. Every route just leads to a dead end (or a route that leads to a dead end). I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to do this, but just adding some small routes between some towns and cities to connect them would make navigating the map without Fly much better (and thus make gameplay flow better, too). Anyway, nice job on the map.

EDIT:
I know, I really shouldn't have done this, but I edited your map as an example of what I mean. Of course, I added a bit too much.

2hevvxh2.png

I don't mind it. :3 I rather like what you've done with the north-central part of the region-- which, iirc, hasn't been mapped yet. We could make players have to travel the long way to get to the northern city, where they'd get an HM and then would be able to travel the more direct way back.

Some parts of the region I rather like better when left in isolation, though-- in particular, Nowtoch (the red city to the west) has a gimmick of being in extreme isolation; the only way to get to it on foot being to travel through a cave. (NPCs remark on this frequently.) And that's not to say that Fly will be the only method of regional transport...

Also, the yellow places are volcanoes and rather supposed to be left in isolation, with only one path to get there.

But thanks! ^^

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
In what way is it boring around here guys. As the saying goes, you get what you put into it guys. If you have any suggestions feel free to PM me or Avatar.

You know, things were funnier when the criticizers were here (hPoke and Delta/AZ). It has nthing to do with the moderation team or anything ^^. (Btw you're doing a great job, that tag thing was a good idea)

EDIT:

2hevvxh2.png

I liked it, I just won't keep the ones in the west, since they are supposed to be isolated... Thanks ^^.

I don't mind it. :3 I rather like what you've done with the north-central part of the region-- which, iirc, hasn't been mapped yet. We could make players have to travel the long way to get to the northern city, where they'd get an HM and then would be able to travel the more direct way back.

Some parts of the region I rather like better when left in isolation, though-- in particular, Nowtoch (the red city to the west) has a gimmick of being in extreme isolation; the only way to get to it on foot being to travel through a cave. (NPCs remark on this frequently.) And that's not to say that Fly will be the only method of regional transport...

Also, the yellow places are volcanoes and rather supposed to be left in isolation, with only one path to get there.

But thanks! ^^

Oh, I missed your post Zeph ^^. And yeah, your right about fly.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Woah...Ummm When's the next update JV? You haven't mentioned anything about it and it's been quite a while since your last one.

Years
If you mean tools as in hacking tools, then I will happily inform you that this is NOT a "hack" but a "game (as in: made in RMXP, RM2k3, Sphere etc)". Next time, read the title of the thread (in this case it says [RMXP] Pokemon Uranium, which means its made in RPG Maker XP).

Edit: Just a suggestion ~JV~, its about the first post CSS. You should change the CSS so not every single letter is a capital, it just looks nicer when someone is viewing it when every single letter isn't a capital.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Woah...Ummm When's the next update JV? You haven't mentioned anything about it and it's been quite a while since your last one.

Yeah it has been awhile since I last did a big one. Seeing how that thread is "active", I think you just don't deserve it right now, despite Uranium development is at full speed.

What tools did you use?
I must know ROFL

For doing what? The game? RMXP, btw, it's not a tool, it's a program used to make games from "scratch".

If you mean tools as in hacking tools, then I will happily inform you that this is NOT a "hack" but a "game (as in: made in RMXP, RM2k3, Sphere etc)". Next time, read the title of the thread (in this case it says [RMXP] Pokemon Uranium, which means its made in RPG Maker XP).

Edit: Just a suggestion ~JV~, its about the first post CSS. You should change the CSS so not every single letter is a capital, it just looks nicer when someone is viewing it when every single letter isn't a capital.

Thx for the suggestion ^^. I changed the font on the first post.

Well, like Malachite, we lost one good spriter (PichuK)(Malachite lost 3 though lol). She vanished from my msn roster and also is almost inactive at the forum she frequents one month ago, we are still using her sprites and I believe she will get back sometime, but we need someone to replace her. If there is any spriter interested, plz get in contact with me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2010
Looks realy good!When this game have a demo, I wanna play it!

(if something is wrong with my english, ignore it, I'm Brazilian, and my english is precarious)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Looks realy good!When this game have a demo, I wanna play it!

(if something is wrong with my english, ignore it, I'm Brazilian, and my english is precarious)
I'm brazilian as well. That doesn't mean your english is bad or anything like that, just keep training it xD.

Looks great. Keep up the good work!
Thx.

2pphee1.png

THE RETURN:

Hey guys it has been some time since the last update. Sry for not making a big one before.. it was probably because I was upset by the fact that this thread is dying and I wasn't getting no comments or criticizing. But I feel it's the right time to change that and shine again =D. Well that will be the biggest update in Uranium's history and probably one of the biggest one here on GD community this year. It includes 2 videos, a lot of sprites, information etc. Have fun!

Contents:

-The new animated title screen.
-Some custom music.
-Pokédex revealed.
-The new and final trainer test.
-A more interactive world.
-The female trainer.

NEW TITLE SCREEN:

The first titlescreen the game first had was made by OG and it looked amazing, but it got a bit outdated and changed my plans about it... That new one looks more like a pokémon game one. Since it's animated, here is a video of it:

As you can see, there is the game main legendary silhouette there! You won't see his sprite any time soon though, that will be all I will show about him. Also, that bg music is a remix made by me, so yes, it's exclusive. Oh, the title screen isn't final yet, I have to fix the 2004-gamefreak thing as well improve the effect a bit.

MORE MUSIC:

Well as far as I know, Uranium is the only game which all musics are going to be exclusive remixes with tropical feeling. I hope you like them. To listen to them just click on the links, you don't need to download it or anything!! (I added the ones from the last update so who didn't hear them last time can do it now)

-Moki Town: click here!

capture001.png

-Route 01: click here!

capture002-1.png
capture003-1.png

-Kevlar Town: click here!

capture004-1.png

-Nowtoch City: click here!

capture005-1.png
capture006-1.png

-Wild Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

capture007.png

-Trainer Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

capture008.png

-Burole City: click here!

capture003-2.png
capture004-2.png

-Route 04: click here!

capture001-1.png
capture002-2.png

-Rochfale Town: click here!

capture005-2.png
capture007-1.png

-Wild Pokémon Battle 02: click here!

capture008-1.png

As you see, thats a lot of music, I still have more but or they aren't done yet or I don't feel like showing them right now... Well, hope you liked...

POKÉDEX REVEALED:

Well, I decided to show that since it looks like is what people most like to see (ahem Malachite updates), these ones are only the pokémon that you can already battle/catch in game, that means there are still a lot of pokémon to come (check the update banner for some). I'm sure that these are the best quality fakemon pokédex of any active game here on PC, I'd like to see someone attempting to prove I'm wrong. Well, here is it:

001- Orchynx
t_grs.png
t_stl.png

001-1.png

ORCHYNX is always seen stealing rings and other metal items. It adds them to its armor by injesting them.

002- Metalynx
t_grs.png
t_stl.png

002-1.png

METALYNX stalk their prey in packs. Their tail blades are brutally sharp, and are their main weapon.

003- Flager
t_fir.png
t_grd.png

003-1.png

The size of the flame on FLAGER's tail indicates if it is close to evolving. Some Flager will intentionally eat flammable items to make it bigger.

004- Inflagetah
t_fir.png
t_grd.png

004-1.png

INFLAGETAHs are some of the fastest known Pokemon on earth, able to outrun even a RAPIDASH. They can reach speeds up to 130 MPH.

005- Eletux
t_wtr.png
t_elc.png

005-1.png

ELETUX is capable of generating strong magnetic fields around its feet and tail that allow it to walk on water.

006- Eletruxo
t_wtr.png
t_elc.png

006-1.png

ELETRUXOs can use the elecrtomagnetic waves they generate as radar. This allows them to see even in pitch darkness.

007- Chynmunk
t_nrm.png

007-1.png

The length of a CHYINMUNK's stripes determines its authority in a group.

008- Kinetmunk
t_nrm.png
t_elc.png

008-2.png

KINETMUNK dig intricate tunnels that can stretch for miles underground.

012- Owten
t_nrm.png
t_fly.png

012.png

OWTENS are mainly seen at night, when they are looking for berries and other individuals of its species.

013- Eshowten
t_nrm.png
t_fly.png

013.png

ESHOWTENs are shy and elusive, found only at night around mountains. Their incredible eyesight allows them to see clearly up to a mile away.

014- Barewl
t_stl.png

014.png

BAREWLS are only seen in caves and in mountains. They dig small holes in the ground where they rest.

015- Gararewl
t_stl.png

015.png

GARAREWs often have to leave the cave that they grew up in as BAREWLs, because caves are seldom able to accommodate its massive size.

016- Grozard
t_grd.png

016.png

GROZARDS are always seen playing with DIGLETTS and BAREWLS. Their snakelike body is almost always partially underground.

017- Terlard
t_grd.png
t_drg.png

017.png

TERLARDs live only in deep caves and volcanoes. They fear the light, so trainers seldom bring them outside.

019- Dunseraph
t_drg.png
t_fly.png

019.png

In legends it is known as the "sky guardian." It can alter the air pressure around itself.

020- Fartog
t_wtr.png
t_psn.png

020.png

This pokemon is rarely seen walking because of its weight. Rather, it rolls to get anywhere. They are often found at the bottoms of lakes.

021- Folerog
t_wtr.png
t_psn.png

021.png

FOLEROGs can't swim but they need to remain damp to survive, so they are found in grasslands next to rivers and lakes.

022- Blubelrog
t_wtr.png
t_psn.png

022.png

BLUBELROGs are the masters of the calm water, they normally live together in the bottom of lakes or around them.

023- Smore
t_bug.png

023.png

This small pokémon is totally inoffensive; they will often approach picnics, but that's just because they want attention. Some people are afraid of them, though.

024- Firoke
t_bug.png
t_fir.png

024.png

Its belly is filled with super hot lava that it sprays at its opponent through the nozzle on its abdomen. Its aim is precise.

030- Sponee
t_bug.png

030.png

SPONEE are covered by a bizarre spongelike material. When dropped, they bounce.

031- Sponareech
t_bug.png
t_wtr.png

031.png

The sponge-like skin of this Pokémon is found in all parts of the ocean. How this Pokemon survives in salt water is a mystery.

032- Brailip
t_wtr.png
t_psy.png

032.png

This pokemon is known for being really intelligent. He can't swim fast, but he also can hide in corals.

033- Baashaun
t_drk.png
t_ftg.png

033.png

True to its elemental nature, it loves to fight, and uses dark-type attacks to destroy its foes. They are found in gangs of 20 or more.

034- Baaschaf
t_drk.png
t_ftg.png

034.png

Now that it is able to stand on two legs, it can use more kicking and punching attacks. Unlike it's preevolution, however, it's rather playful.

035- Baariette
t_drk.png
t_ftg.png

035.png

It is capable of great destruction with a single attack. Because of this, there cannot be more than one living in an area.

036- Pahar
t_fir.png
t_fly.png

036.png

PAHAR are intelligent and are commonly kept as pets. They can even be taught to talk, although not to the degree of CHATOT.

037- Palij
t_fir.png
t_fly.png

037.png

PALIJ's curiously-shaped feathers allow it to create friction in the air as it flaps its wings. Sparks trail off of its feathers when it flies.

038- Pajay
t_fir.png
t_fly.png

038.png

Every year, massive flocks of PAHAR and PALIJ migrate from Tandor to the Orange Islands. A PAJAY leads each one.

039- Tancoon
t_drk.png

039.png

TANCOONs are mischievous, and are known to steal food from small pokémon or journeying trainers.

040- Tanscure
t_drk.png

040.png

In the wild TANSCURE live in packs. They cooperate with their packmates to hunt for food and care for Tancoon.

That really took a lot of time lol, hope you like them, critics on the sprites would be much appreciated ^^! Btw, the numbers I jumped are of official pokémon.

THE NEW TRAINER TEST:

The trainer test event, for sure it was what I most revamped on this game, I can't even count how many times I did it... The final result turned out to be really good and also innovative, since I created a way to show cutscenes never seen in any fangame here before. That is special for me, so let´s compare how it was before and how it is now.

That first video shows how it was before, back in November 2008 (The test part start at 2:50):

Now the new one =D:

As you can see, the event has changed a lot. Now the screen gets darker and the characters sprite show up, they talk, express emotions (only Theo) like happiness, sadness etc. When you're about to receive the starter, the pokémon sprites show up and start to glow xD. Well, hope you liked it, again, critic on the scene is appreciated.

THE TANDOR REGION:

There are a few things that I never told about Tandor. So here is a list:

~Each npc in the region has three or more speechs, making it a lot more interesting to talk to them, also they talk about other random npcs in the game:

capture000.png
capture001-2.png

capture002-3.png
capture003-3.png

capture004-3.png

~The region is big.. really big.. actually bigger than any other region in the pokémon games, each little square on the region map is equivalent to around 50x50 tiles maps. Take a look at the region map:

2hevvxh.png

Now take a look at Tandors overworld so far (a few new maps missing):

region2.png

Isn't it beaultiful xD? Well, I hope you can locate that on the region map by yourselves. Criticism on it is appreciated. Btw, that image was reduced to 12,5% of it's original size.

THE HEROINE REVEALED:

A few weeks ago, Zephyr designed and sprited the heroine of the game! I really liked her, mainly because she has a different look (and hair xD). Her ows aren't ready yet because noone on our team like/know to sprite them well... Here is she:

trainer001.png

Well... thats the update (I'm tired of typing =/). One last thing, we are still searching for someone who can sprite decently and also for a OW spriter, we need a lot of ows and it has been really hard to find someone who can make them. I hope that showing a bit of the game work help a bit.

Kudos to Zeph for working hard on so many sprites and texts (pokemon descriptions), also to Zorin for most of the fakemon and PichuK for some as well. Erh and me for the other things. I'm expecting some nice comments here xD, cya~

~JV~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back