• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Need help. Can't wifi battle

So my brother gave me his black 2 and when I try to wifi battle it doesn't give me that option. Just the option to global trade.

Does anyone know why it's doing this?

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
Years
Is it possible for you to reset the game card's data? If not, remove the wifi from the DS, turn your router on and off and renew all your IP address and stuff an then re-connect. If that doesn't work, Google's your God.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I've heard that if you use a BURN ORB on a pokemon with GUTS that it ignores the attack drop

This is where I get confused

Attack = 1x
Burnt attack = 0.5x
Guts attack = 1.5x, or = 1x?

I need to know so I can pick between Toxic orb or Flame orb for a Conkeldurr

I mean, yeah I hear Guts ignores burns attack drop... but is that because guts equalizes back to 1x damage? or does it 100% truly ignore the attack drop and allows you to go to 1.5X as you would with a toxic orb?

Cause you know... eventually toxic orb will hurt BAD, if I can still have 1.5x attack power w/ the burn orb that'd be easier to survive the set low dmg per turn

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I've heard that if you use a BURN ORB on a pokemon with GUTS that it ignores the attack drop

This is where I get confused

Attack = 1x
Burnt attack = 0.5x
Guts attack = 1.5x, or = 1x?

I need to know so I can pick between Toxic orb or Flame orb for a Conkeldurr

I mean, yeah I hear Guts ignores burns attack drop... but is that because guts equalizes back to 1x damage? or does it 100% truly ignore the attack drop and allows you to go to 1.5X as you would with a toxic orb?

Cause you know... eventually toxic orb will hurt BAD, if I can still have 1.5x attack power w/ the burn orb that'd be easier to survive the set low dmg per turn
When a Pokémon with Guts gets burned, its Attack doesn't suffer at all and instead its Attack gets multiplied by 1.5x, making Flame Orb the safer option on Guts users.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
When a Pokémon with Guts gets burned, its Attack doesn't suffer at all and instead its Attack gets multiplied by 1.5x, making Flame Orb the safer option on Guts users.

Thanks and... lol... this isn't even working out in random wifi matches. The only way this crazy speed boost baton pass to a conkeldurr with guts thing would work is if I was facing idiots apparently :( Lots of well studied players on random wifi battles :/

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Making a team using Pokesav

I have tried making pokemon using PokeSav but for some reason they are not allowed to compete in Random Matchups online. I can put them up for trade on the GTS though. I used a preset pokemon package so there is a legit trainer ID and everything but I changed the EVs and the pokemons Nickname if that may have made them illegal? Can someone help me make legit pokemon using this program?

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
so i'm trying my hand at EV training for the first time. i already read the FAQ/Guide, but i just had two lingering questions:

• When you've reached the limit of 510 EVs, you won't receive any more EVs from battles whatsoever, right? The EVs you already accumulated wouldn't be overridden or something?

• Do Pokémon you didn't receive from the egg (so pokémon you catch and your Starter) also start off with 0 EVs when they join your team?

Sorry if these are stupid questions or if they have been asked before, but I couldn't be bothered to read through 58 pages...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
so i'm trying my hand at EV training for the first time. i already read the FAQ/Guide, but i just had two lingering questions:

• When you've reached the limit of 510 EVs, you won't receive any more EVs from battles whatsoever, right? The EVs you already accumulated wouldn't be overridden or something?

• Do Pokémon you didn't receive from the egg (so pokémon you catch and your Starter) also start off with 0 EVs when they join your team?

Sorry if these are stupid questions or if they have been asked before, but I couldn't be bothered to read through 58 pages...

You won't receive any more EVs, they won't be overridden.

Yes.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Just had a battle in the current spring friendly, and my opponent had a Hydreigon with an interesting animation, with a star just popping out. It was definitely not shiny, nor one of N's Pokemon - I have N's Pokemon and that's not it, plus there isn't a Hydreigon among them. So what was that animation?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Just had a battle in the current spring friendly, and my opponent had a Hydreigon with an interesting animation, with a star just popping out. It was definitely not shiny, nor one of N's Pokemon - I have N's Pokemon and that's not it, plus there isn't a Hydreigon among them. So what was that animation?

That Hydreigon starred in a PokéStar Studios movie and got a strange ending. When you get a strange ending with one of your Pokémon, they get that animation.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That Hydreigon starred in a PokéStar Studios movie and got a strange ending. When you get a strange ending with one of your Pokémon, they get that animation.
I can confirm this answer. I have a Leavanny that participated in a movie and received a Strange Ending. What it does is basically reminds the player using them that they are movie stars, have lots of fans, and will generate more movie revenue as a result if you continue using that Pokémon without a bad ending in future movies.

If you want to remove the animation from your own star Pokémon (who would?), trigger a Bad Ending.

If you want your own Strange Ending, here's a simple one to try.

Brycen-Man
"The {Insert Pokémon} Girl/Kid vs. Brycen Man"

PLOT: A hero battles the Masked Man, who is targeting the amusement park.
MISSION: Knock out an opponent every scene.
STRANGE ENDING: Miss the first move, but do not get KO'd.
SCENES: 2

Brycen / Masked Man Brycen-Man:

Pawniard (Lv. 15 Dark/Steel)
Ability: Defiant
Brick Break/Aerial Ace

Vullaby (Lv. 13 Dark/Flying)
Ability: Big Pecks
Faint Attack/Air Slash
In other words, use a Lv.20 or higher or pretty much any type, or one that is type resistant at a similar level and won't get knocked out. If you get KO'ed, you trigger the BAD ending, so make sure you have someone who can survive at least the first turn (knocking out the opponent the second turn, but leaving the second Pokémon unused; perhaps even survive two turns without attacking). In fact, if you miss the first turn, there might not even BE a second turn.

Make sure you choose the "good" line, which is "Bring it on!"; I don't know if choosing the Bad line changes to a Bad ending, but why take the chance?

After completing this, you will have a star over your Pokémon's head. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
Pokemon white 2 where to train before 1st gym?

Ok so I always like to over-level my pokemon before i fight the first gym, but there seems to be no place to do so in this game! I highest level pokemon I could find was like only level 5. Are there any faster ways to train?
edit: this is in pokemon white 2

Last edited:
Years
Ok so I always like to over-level my pokemon before i fight the first gym, but there seems to be no place to do so in this game! I highest level pokemon I could find was like only level 5. Are there any faster ways to train?
edit: this is in pokemon white 2

Unfortunately you cannot battle Audinos right now so you'll have to knock out random wild Pokemon, but remember they give out little EXP so you'll have to do this very slowly. I had to do it this way when I wanted to get Force Palm on my Riolu so I could have a better advantage against Cheren. It was hard but definitely worth it.

If you want to be at a decent level, remember to make every Trainer battle count at this point.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Source

"Dust clouds, Route 19, Clay Tunnel, Battle Subway, PWT, White Forest (W2), Join Avenue (Antique Shop)"

Per the list, there are just two that are basically lying around. Route 19 has one, as stated, but needs Surf so isn't available until several Badges into the game. Clay Tunnel and White Forest are post-E4 (I don't think the latter is lying around, but too lazy to research further). Join Avenue's Antique Shop is an element of luck (enjoy all those Hard Stones) while PWT and the Battle Subway require BP to buy them. Then there's dust clouds.

You can also find Water Stones using Pokémon Dream Radar occasionally. I have one or two from there. Haven't played for a while, but it's a good source for items like that (seen Thunderstones and Leaf Stones too).

Or you can use my favourite method after you have one: Action Replay and clone a Pokémon holding it a few times. You then have a few stones and the cloned Pokémon can be sent away.

Or I can trade you one. That works too. Contact me if you want to to that, however.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back