• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Midnight: A Darker than Black RP (M) (OOC)

Years
[Condractor]

Name: Chris Lanard
Alias: Cold Blood
Messiar: CC- 720
Appearance: Chris long black hair, it often freezes together from his ability. He has
hazel eyes with stress lines underneath them. His skin is pale, and he is constently shivering. He wears a ripped up dark black hoodie with a white undershirt. His lower body consists of black skinny jeans that have a large rip in the right knee area. He wears white converse with no laces.
Personality: Chris is VERY SHY. He will not conversate very much with anyone unless he either loves or trusts this person very much. On the other hand though, he will talk to himself ALOT in very akcward ways. He doesn't sleep very much which softer leads him to fall asleep at random moments.
Ability: Chris can freeze any touchable (this does include fire, lava, ect). Every time he use this ability, he must cut his arm. A side affect is also being very cold even during very warm tempature.
History: Chris has no family for the simple reason that he killed all member of it. During his tenth birthday his mother angered him to the point where he let out a blizzard in his home. Everything was buried around him. This was the first moment he realised his powers, since his family had tried to stay hidden. This was also the first moment he realised the pain that came after his power. The pain of holding a blade to his arm without control. Ever since he has been scared to use this around anyone.
Other: he is scared to fight. He will run unless he has no other choice.

Sorry for the mistakes... I'm in a hurry

I also apologize for how small it is DX

I'm gunna retype it tomorrow so its longer and more detailed, I just wanna know what you think of the idea

Last edited:
Years
@Dark Moon- the sample is well written but you still seem to be misunderstanding how a dolls power works. You should look dolls up on the darker than black wiki or watch a few episodes of the show so you can get a better grasp of it.

@Darkpokemaster - I like it! I cannot wait to see the properly fleshed out version.

Years
Hmmm - I'd still like more in the appearance description but I'll accept this character.
I'll post the IC in the next few days just to let you all know.

Years
[Contractor]

Name: Chris Lanard
AKA: Cold Blood
Messiar Code: CC- 720

Appearance:
Chris stands at six feet tall, and around around 170 pounds. He doesn't have very much muscular tone to his body. He slouches most of the time. He has long black hair that clumps together from the cold. His ears are small and are covered by his hair. His facial feature consist of pale skin, hazel eyes, a small nose, and even paler lips. He wears a very stains white shirt, with a black hoodie over it. The hoodie has many small holes in the back of it. On his left arm, he wear a golden watch. This is somehow in perfect condition? Over his lower body he wear black skinny jeans, with a large rip in the right knee area. On his feet he wears white converse with no laces. These are his only set of clothes.

Personality:
Chris is a VERY SHY person. He will not conversate with anyone unless he loves or trusts this person. On the other hand, he will speak to himself a lot. His conversations with himself will range from very funny to very disturbing. He usually finds all of them very amusing though. The thing that makes him happy most is watching people sleep. He doesn't really understand why? He believes that people are also more beautiful when they are asleep. Seeing families (which is very rare in this world I'm guessing) is the only thing that will make Chris angry. His anger will last for sometimes hours, or will carry on through days. Chris can be manipulated very easily, but if he figures out he is being tricked he will not hesitate to kill someone. Although, he does not like fighting and would rather run away.

Ability:
Chris has the ability to freeze anything touchable. This includes things that would melt ice. The draw back to his ability is that each time he uses it, he must cut a name into his arm. He usually chooses his own name. There's also a side affect. Chris can only feel coldness.

RP Sample Or Brief History:
Chris was born into the apocalypse, so his family hid their powers. At age five, his father left his mother. This is what made him so non trusting of other people. During that year his father was also killed by the SCRA. His mother, being a programed doll, claimed that she didn't know him. This snapped Chris's sanity. When Chris was six his brother was born. (I will be requesting a doll) his brothers name was seth, he was a doll like his mother. This made Chris more angry with her. When he finally turned 10, chris killed his mother. This made him so "happy". He picked up his brother and left.

Other:
Chris cannot sleep under normal conditions. He will often pass out during random moments.

Years
@darkpokemaster - I will need a bit more in the history. I know I said brief but that's a little too brief. I would also suggest making the doll only programmed with his brothers memories etc... (which is more true to the series) but this is entirely up to you.

Years
Alright :) but to be completely honest with you, I was sort of thinking about Seth killing Chris o.o

Is it alright if I put both histories together?

Being born into the apocalyptic world, Chris's family hid his powers. His mother was a doll programed with the memories of a the woman married to his father. The actual woman how ever was killed, so the undercover mission wouldn't be interrupted. His father was was just like him. A contractor who could control ice at will. No one was certain if Chris had these "powers", so he was spared.

His fathers death happened around Chris's fourth year of being alive. His mother and father divorced and his father tried to flee. Being programed for this moment his mother reacted with no emotion. The first bullet flew straight though the mans head. He had no real chance of survival. Time stopped as Chris realised what his mother had done. His sanity broken, he stood and smiled

"Daddy was a bad man, wasn't he mommy." He spoke still smiling.

"Wh... why y... yes honey, he was." She hesitated. She didn't want him to do as she did, because she wasn't sure why she did this.

During his sixth year, his mother remarried. This angered Chris. Why did his mom want to love another man? What was so wrong about not having another man in her life? He hated her so much. He hated this man so much! He just wanted to hurt them all. He just wanted to make them all disappear!
He just couldn't do anything...

During his eight year, his brother was born. His name was Seth Lanard. Chris was actually delighted to see this little boy enter his life. He would finally have someone to talk to. The day after Seth came home, Chris told him all of his thoughts. Even though he was only eight, he had a lot to talk about.

"I don't like mom and dad," he whispered "their so idiotic." He stayed by his brother through the whole day just to speak about this subject. Seth would just stare back at him with no actual idea of what his brother was talking about.

He finally gave up on his tenth birthday. His mother had angered him to the point to where he had hit her. She then suddenly froze without warning. Her and everything within ten feet of her. It was so... so scary. He backed away looking down at his hands. Then turning around, he noticed that his brother was also laying on the ground frozen. He had killed all of them. This gave him no choice but to run away.

A month later he met an non programed doll. He quickly became attached to him and named him after seth. Seth now travels with Chris wherever he goes.

Nothing to big has happened to Chris and Seth since this incident.

Last edited:

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
Reservastion for a contractor please.

Name: Shion Hougi

AKA: Electro

Messier Code: E-85

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Shion always wears her hair in a ponytail, and never wears bags. Shion wears a light metal, fingerless glove on her right hand to generate her electricity. Shion's bang actually covers her left eye, and has a lightning golt down her right arm. Shion is always dressed in black. Shion has 28 little lightning bolts on the back of her neck.

Personality: Shion is cold blooded. She cares for no life and is very arrogant because of that. Shion has a tenacious personality, and is at peace when she's alone. Shion is an easily angered person, and does not take kindly when she is put down. She is very vicious toward humans and may knowingly lead them to their deaths. Shion is confident in her ability and will not miss an opportunity to strengthen her gift. Shion hate animals. Shion had a dog, but she killed it. Shion kills cute things because she thinks they make her weak. Shion has a soft side to children, even human children.

Ability: Shoin's ability is Electro Kinesis. Shion mixes her electro kinesis with her physical combat skills. Her glove holds the electricity until she wants to release it. She can release it in lines or through touching. Shion must singe a small lightning bolt on her neck after using her gift. Shion knows how to cause explosions with lightning.

RP Sample or Brief History: Shion's father was her teacher. Her father taught her about how to disable the human body, and he taught her physical combat. Her father's Electro Kinesis was to strong for him to control and was later the cause of his death. Shion often mixes her gift with her combat skills. Shion killed her older brother because her father was ashamed to have a human child. Shion had always liked electricity, and when she found out her power she tested it only to find her defualt. Shion killed 28 humans the day her father died to relieve the pain. Shion often looks at the sky at the place her fathers star was. Shion tried to electricute herself and only ended up super charging her power for a little while.

Other: She is skilled in physical combat. She can also release the lightning through her feet.

Last edited:
Years
JOHN BLACK

AKA:Chris will often call John after a different name. This name is Seth.

APPERANCE:
John stands at six foot, five inches. His muscular build is about the same as Chris. His brown hair is short. His eyes are a dark blue. His skin is tan and he often has a smile on his face. This is fake of course. He wears a pocket watch around his neck. On his upper body he will wear dress shirts. One is light blue and the other is black. Under this he will wear a black muscle shirt. He has a tattoo of Chris's name on his chest. On his lower body, john wears white skinny jeans. These are held up with a belt that has a knife strapped to the right side of it. He wears black dress shoes on his feet.

PERSONALITY:
John was a seemingly nice person. Before he was a doll, he would help anyone who needed him. He was the silent type of person though. Although he would help who ever needed him, he would never let anyone help him. Being this stubborn often caused conflict between him and other people. He loved to fight though. The thrill of it would sometimes make people watching, believe he was insane. After a fight, john would always pray.
Now that he is a doll, he is much different however. He will be the one to fight for Chris unless there is no other way to handle something. He doesn't believe in religious ways anymore. He is often listening to Chris's "words of wisdom".

MEDIUM:Water or ice

RP SAMPLE OR BREIF HISTORY:
Chris went on more about his day. "I swear, their all idiots Seth..." he began, "No one really understands me in this world except for you."

"Chris, how are you so sure I understand you?" John stated

"Because I just do." Chris stopped and stared at john for a second. Tears streamed down his face as he insisted one last time, "I know I can trust you Seth!"

As John's old self broke free, he simply stated "My name is John!" He started shaking with anger "Why! Why do you constantly believe this!" John hesitated to speak anymore but continued "Your just a stupid child! Nothing will ever bring your brother back, so get over it."

Chris just smiled, but the tears didn't stop. The tears continued to stream down his cheeks and off his chin. "Who says I want him back?" He said with a shivering tone. "What if I sent him to hell just for the fun of it!" Chris began to laugh uncontrollably "What if your next!"

"Wh..." John began, but was inturpted as his feet began to feel cold. He stared down to notice that he had began to become frozen. This shocked him back into reality. "Chris, I'm sorry..." Chris then stopped, knowing that what he was doing was wrong.

"I'm sorry Seth" Chris fell to his knees and began to shake. He felt alone and drawn away. "Seth?"

"Yes?" John was emotionless once again

"Can I have a hug?" Chris stood and stared at john. John stood there like a statue. Chris then turned the other way without another word and began walking. John fallowed also, without another word.

OTHER:
John is very skilled in fighting with a blade of any sort. Chris will often freeze his weapon so he can deal more damage. Chris will also freeze walls sometimes so john can sence people from farther away

Years
Your doll character is accepted :)

Edit: I have just submitted the In Character Thread.

Edit: The thread has been accepted :D. Accepted RPers may post as soon as I have. The time frame of the first IC day is from around 9:00PM till 2:00AM.

Edit: I have posted but PC keeps merging it with the OP. I'm going to see if a mod can separate them again, but you can feel free to post now.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Name: Kendal Shaar​

AKA: Valerius​

Messier Code: C-76​

Appearance: Kendal is a lanky person of mostly German dissent with fair bit of Irish as well, 6'3 and fairly thin, he has a certain amount of tight and powerful muscle underneath but is by no means bulky or a powerhouse. His hair is curly blonde and he usually tries to keep it short because of the tendency of his bangs to poke his eyes if they get long enough. Kendal has fairly pale skin with a light dusting of freckles on his cheeks and a lot on his shoulders and piercing emerald-green eyes. He usually just wears a pair of blue jeans with a belt. (His body has inconsistent waste length compared with how tall he is.) And a black T-shirt with 2 skulls looking at an ornate rapier between them and roses raining down around it all, and of course his most comfortable pair of sneakers.​

Personality: Kendal is mostly a kind person, wanting to think the best of people and hating to fight or worse...kill, but he also is perfectly aware of the kind of world he now lives in, and is constantly suspicious and finds it hard to give any trust at all. Although he himself is lazy, his brain is hyperactive and he thinks so constantly that unless he has a strong focus for his attention he is easily distracted. He is a very vocal and sarcastic person most of the time, with a very quick wit that he has a hard time keeping in check when he's better off keeping his mouth shut. But despite his oratory skills Kendal tends to be reserved and quiet around strangers, especially when they're women. Not usually a shy person, Kendal has a hard time dealing with women he is attracted to, as such women who are clever, beautiful or both can exploit the trait to throw Kendal off balance and his usual wit into disarray, luckily he is mostly quite normal around women if he's thinking clearly. He tries to hold on to his humanity, not wanting to be the cold hearted killing machine most people think contractors are and some in fact appear to be, but that doesn't stop him from being extremely cynical underneath his smile...the world is a cruel place and he will need a certain degree of cruelty to survive it all.​

Ability: Kendal's ability is not very powerful in and of itself, but its potential is almost limitless if he looks directly into someone's eyes he can see into their mind to a degree. In a fight his focus is sharp enough to mostly control what he sees, but in a random situation his slight scatter-braininess (words O.o) makes it seemingly random unless they are thinking about him. He cannot turn his 'brain vision' if you will, off and thanks to that fact he tends not to make eye contact with people he speaks with most of the time and in public situations he pretty much watches the floor or around people's heads.
Kendal's Obeisance is after he makes close eye contact with someone he must confess a truth about himself of seemingly equal value, or vividly reliving one of his memories in perfect detail and thinking out loud the whole while, during this time the person who locked eyes with him can feel the knowledge entering their mind directly or see the memory as he relives it or is speaking out loud. And thus the victim/opponent learn about him even if it is after the fact. He can delay his obeisance under control during a fight but the more he uses his ability the more floods through his mind when he finally does pay the price.​

RP Sample or Brief History: "Why did you do it? WHY?!? She had a family! People who loved her and will never be the same again-may not even survive just because YOU WERE GREEDY!" Kendal didn't know why he was angry...what did he care if a human died? Humans had never done anything besides try to hurt him...an even better question, why was he still yelling? The man who used to be his employer could not speak with his hands clenched so tightly around his throat...but something about a broken family took all sense out of his train of thought. As Kendal finally loosened his grip and the corpse thumped to the floor he composed himself and thought Well great, now I'm out of a job...what the hell am I gonna do now? Wander aimlessly and scavenge and steal? Kendal had made the mistake of looking his boss in the eye at their last meeting to whip out a sharp retort at an insult and had seen how the man vented his anger...what he had done to the young woman he had brought there as part of the job...the absolutely despicable things he did on camera and sent to her family...he had no idea what would happen, or how he himself would react when he found out; knocking over the desk, sprinting and tackling him into the wall before he could react...picking him up by his neck and squeezing with both hands just short of enough to collapse his trachea until the life drained out of him.​

Ever since Kendal first woke up after the gates appeared all he's wanted is a purpose, but all his life has been is one struggle after another, fighting to survive when all he could ever want is to find people he could be happy with and find peace. Kendal doesn't really remember anything about his once-upon-a-time family, just that he had one, which may explain why he yearns for companionship despite his willingness to kill. Thanks to both the danger of SRCA and the world itself nowadays there aren't a lot of sane people for him to know, especially his own kind. Getting along with other people is made even harder by his secondary power...nobody wants to be around someone who might invade their privacy at any time. And hurting other people to survive...taking away their dreams the same way the SRCA wants to take away his...the killing...the tainting of his soul...not knowing if he even has a soul...​

Having pinned the nameless SRCA agent to the ground Kendal tried to shut out his pleas of forgiveness and his vulgar threats and curses Kendal lifted the barrel of the gun he had taken out of the man's hand to his throat, looked into his eyes and as he saw understanding lift the fog from the man's eyes, shot clean through the center of his temple. Of course....it would be all too convenient if the corpse before him really was nameless. "Agent Dan Brooman of the SRCA...joined to feed and protect your wife and son.......and to avenge your daughter killed just two years ago by a contractor...by someone like me. I'm sorry...but this is the world we live in and I must live on." Kendal walked on down the ruined street, surrounded by rubble and desolation, throwing the gun aimlessly aside as he once again wondered the pointless and unfathomable question of just why the world is the way it is, and where the hell he would get money and supplies now.​

Other: Kendal is fairly strong simply from fighting for his life, and he has really quick reflexes thanks to his instincts and sharp eyes, but he is no martial artist, he is a street fighter with no style or rules of combat doing whatever he can to get the edge and switching up his actions on the fly.​

Last edited:
Years
@Lord Saphear
I think the GM should let you have it. Not only because I have an idea for it, but also because it would be interesting to see what you could put into the story with this "secondary power"

Sephear

Years
@ darkpokemaster666
Well thanks, I was thinking it could be an interesting plot device for everybody not just me, especially since due to the fact that bunnying is not allowed and I don't like to do it anyways, it's ultimately anybody else's call if their character makes eye contact with Kendal, and if they do then it's their call what he sees too. I can't wait to find out if I'm accepted, looking forward to being in an RP again, and I like the setup for this one.

And now it's time to read all the SUs before me so I know all the characters, Bonzai!

Hmm just realized I haven't seen the anime this sounds based off of...after I'm done reading SUs I should take a look so I can make my character fit better, I would hate to do something stupid out of ignorance.

Last edited:
Years
@DarkMoon - I'll accept your character, but yes the personality and appearance could do with a but of work.

@Sephear - That character is so good that I want to accept it, but I unfortunately cannot allow a contractor with two abilities. If I allow one person to break the rules then all of a sudden everyone will want to. I would recommend that you remove the first of those abilities and just edit his mind-reading gift a little bit (although that is a gift very similar to another character, I don't see anything wrong with it). I would have allowed you to split this into two characters, but then I'd still be bending the rules. As for whether he is a contractor or not, this character does sound more like a contractor than a moratorium. This being said it is really up to you what you'd like to do, I'll put you down as reserved :)

@Everyone - Guys I gave you a whole city to play with for a reason. You are not required to start in the same place as my character, nor are you required to interact with him at all. I'm not saying that you have to start again or anything like that I am just saying this to you all - the main focus of this RP is on your character's own storyline. Yes there is an overarching plot hidden behind all of this but for the most part you can do anything you want within the confines of the city (within reason of course).

@Elite and the two others who have characters in the tavern - Just so you know Elite and I are planning an interesting interaction that will be occurring in that tavern and all hell will be breaking loose. If you are interested in being a part of that interaction let me know so I can work out how to handle it :)

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
@ gimmepie - Well thank you, it warms my heart to hear I can still design an interesting character and I understand, that's why I put in the SU I was willing to change it, my only problem is trying to think of a way to make it applicable in a fight, because I don't want Kendal to be some badass who can kill people with his bare hands, I want him to rely on his power to survive, any suggestions? Also I have a few ideas for Kendal's personal story but I think I would like to show up at the tavern too, besides the fact that it's the perfect place to get information on a new job (You'll remember Kendal is now regrettably unemployed XD) Kendal isn't going to be as much of a loner as I would expect most contractors to be, he wants interaction with other people, so I will try to think of how to revise my SU and get it done as quick as possible, I can't wait to be a part of this story.
PS:I found another reason to be glad I noticed this RP, I'm watching darker than black now, hooked already)

Back