• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Your main weaknesses are fire and ground, so i suggest a dragon type, preferably flying too (Dragonite/Salamence), because any Dragon will resist fire, and flying dragons will resist ground too.

I'm not sure how you get all the dragons on B/W, but these are the ones i suggest;

Haxorus
Salamence
Dragonite
Hydreigon
Garchomp

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
Years
I would totally suggest Haxorus. It's a great sweeper and it isn't the most difficult pokemon to level up, *cough* Hydreigon *cough*.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Try to buy some X Attacks. When you think that EQ will only do half health damage, use X Attacks, while using Full Restores if needed to. Do this until her Hippowdown is out of EQ PP.

Thanks it worked I defeated Hippowdon, whiscash and golem but then came rhyperior lv 55 who always does 3/4 damage with EQ on my luxrray and luxray is level 80.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Has anyone ever used this set for mismagius before?
Mean Look
Perish Song
Baton Pass
Calm Mind

Just curious. If you used baton pass with someone with soundproof do you think it could work?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Has anyone ever used this set for mismagius before?
Mean Look
Perish Song
Baton Pass
Calm Mind

Just curious. If you used baton pass with someone with soundproof do you think it could work?

FYI, Mismagius can't learn Baton Pass. And that set no longer works in Gen V because trapping moves can't be BP'ed.

And, to answer your question, if Perish Song is BP'ed to a Soundproofer, then the effect of Perish Song applies to that Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
semi-Monotype team help

I'm going to be in a sort of gym leader challenge at a convention I'm going to next year and have to have a team of psychic pokemon for it. all gym leaders are allowed one off-type pokemon on their team.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2014
Team help please.

i am playing soul silver.
i have just defeated Morty from Ecruteak city Gym and my team so far is
Pidgeotto Lv 24
Quilava Lv 27
Gyarados Lv 25
Eevee Lv 5 (just making its happines go up so i can have umbreon/espeon)

thats it
thanks
P.s Espeon or Umbreon?
*edit*
i can get any pokemon from platinum heart gold and diamond
i have all the starters
all legendaries (except celebi :'( )
also could you suggest moves

Last edited:

CloudNine

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Get a Mareep and Sudawoodo. Train both of them and I would get Espeon

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2014
hmmm
thanks
i killed sudowoodo
i could get one from heart gold though
oh yh forget to mention i can get any pokemon from heart gold platinum and diamond
also got legendaries i can put in and i have all starters
i will edit this into the 1st bit ^.^ thanks for your suggestion

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2012
Team member replacement???

Hey trainers,

So, my team as of now looks like this:

Togekiss - lv 89
Scizor - lv 55
Dragonite - 71
Infernape - lv 100
Gyarados - lv 70
Lucario - lv 86

I love my Lucario, but at this point I feel like it's getting glossed over in my team. Since my Togekiss already knows Aura Sphere, and my Infernape will punch the heck out of stuff with close combat, the fighting spectrum is pretty much covered. Lucario also knows Aura Sphere, by by Gyarados's Bite is getting to be stronger.

Looking at the types of pokemon on my team, does anyone have a good idea for what Pokemon would fill that 6th slot?
I've been thinking maybe my Meganium... or Gengar.... or Jolteon.
Ideas?
Thanks.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
I need some help completing my team!

Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to figure out what Pokemon to fill the last of my team with (Note that I just reached Nimbasa City, White Version).

My current team is as follows:
Dewott - lvl 24
Tranquill - lvl 21
Darumaka - lvl 21
Blitzle - lvl 21
Timburr - lvl 21
Sandile - lvl 20

As for my preferences, I like my Pokemon to hit hard, but be sturdy.

Now for my questions, which of the following Pokemon are better? Please do not base your reasoning on looks or feelings. Hard facts only please.

Gigalith, Krookodile, or Excadrill? (In place of Sandile)

Conkeldurr, Machamp, or Throh? (In place of Timburr)

Zebstrika or Elektross? (In place of Blitzle)

Archeops, Braviary, Sigilyph, or Unfezant? (In place of Tranquill)

Please reply with your vote!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to figure out what Pokemon to fill the last of my team with (Note that I just reached Nimbasa City, White Version).

My current team is as follows:
Dewott - lvl 24
Tranquill - lvl 21
Darumaka - lvl 21
Blitzle - lvl 21
Timburr - lvl 21
Sandile - lvl 20

As for my preferences, I like my Pokemon to hit hard, but be sturdy.

Now for my questions, which of the following Pokemon are better? Please do not base your reasoning on looks or feelings. Hard facts only please.

Gigalith, Krookodile, or Excadrill? (In place of Sandile) They're all great pokemon, really. I would check out Bulbapedia to compare their move sets, but you can't go wrong with any one em! Excadrill is a beast, but gigalith has Sturdy.

Conkeldurr, Machamp, or Throh? (In place of Timburr)
Once again tough call. It kinda comes down to preference, and moves.

Zebstrika or Elektross? (In place of Blitzle)
Elektross is a much better pokemon, however it's a little on the slow side, and pretty tough to level up it's first form.

Archeops, Braviary, Sigilyph, or Unfezant? (In place of Tranquill)
Another tough one. I would take out Unfezant. Not a bad pokemon, but doesn't stack up to the rest, imo. I would Braviary is a great pokemon, However, I can see that you're missing a psychic type so I would go with Sigalyph.

Please reply with your vote!

There ya go. Read the red. The B/W league isn't too tough, just make sure your levels up are there. Be sure to make use of the Lucky Egg when you get it!!

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
There ya go. Read the red. The B/W league isn't too tough, just make sure your levels up are there. Be sure to make use of the Lucky Egg when you get it!!

Well unless someone else replies, I think I've made up my mind.

I'll go with Krookodile as I have heard it can beast the e4, and online. Conkeldurr, because it seems to have a tad better stats and moves than the others. Elektross, because of its apparently beastly stats compared to Zebstrika. And finally I'll use Sigilyph because it fills a type I'm missing, seems to have pretty good stats, because Braviary is much later in the game, and finally because Archeops is a bit of a glass cannon.

Thanks for your help!

Well I'm back with some more decisions to make.

Which Pokemon would be better for my sixth slot?
1. Samurott
2. Sigilyph
3. Conkeldurr
4. Excadrill
5. Darmanitan
6. Elektross, Galvantula, Escalavier, or Ferrothorn?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
rate me team

ok here is my competitive team for pokemon white. please rate and make adjustments as needed

garchomp- jolly nature fully ev trained for atk and spd

hydreigon- modest fully ev trained for satk and spd

lucario- modest fully ev trained for satk and spd

jolteon- modest fully ev trained for satk and sp

aerodactyl naughty fully ev trained for atk and spd

alakazam/scizor/infernape i need a 6th team member

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Well unless someone else replies, I think I've made up my mind.

I'll go with Krookodile as I have heard it can beast the e4, and online. Conkeldurr, because it seems to have a tad better stats and moves than the others. Elektross, because of its apparently beastly stats compared to Zebstrika. And finally I'll use Sigilyph because it fills a type I'm missing, seems to have pretty good stats, because Braviary is much later in the game, and finally because Archeops is a bit of a glass cannon.

Thanks for your help!

Well I'm back with some more decisions to make.

Which Pokemon would be better for my sixth slot?
1. Samurott
2. Sigilyph
3. Conkeldurr
4. Excadrill
5. Darmanitan
6. Elektross, Galvantula, Escalavier, or Ferrothorn?

Ferrothorn is a solid choice on any team with its many resistances, gargantuan defenses and decent attack stat. Escavalier has a massive attack and great defenses. Its movepool is lacking though and its one of the slowest Pokemon in the game. Galvantula is a speedy mofo with a good ability (Compoundeyes) and a good movepool. And Eelektross has no weaknesses thanks to its ability and an awesome movepool. Of the four I'd go with Eelektross. It's difficult to obtain but it wrecked everything in its path when I used it!

Also don't double post! n_n

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Help me narrow down witch Pokemon to use on my team!

I'm almost done with the main story (white version), and I have 8 good Pokemon, but I'm not sure which 6 to use.

- Samurott (might switch to Jellicent)
- Conkeldurr
- Sigilyph
- Excadrill
- Ferrothorn
- Eelektross
- Chandelure (also have a Darmanitan, but I'm having such a hard time deciding)
- Haxorus

Which 6 of these would make the best team?

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Out of the team you have i suggest something like this since your most likely up to the E4 so heres a good idea of a team you could use.

Sigilyph is a great choice since it's duel typing comes in handly when facing Marshal but if you want a better chance at taking him on and the other E4 members then you should go with Chandelure since it can take on the ghost and Psychic E4 members.

Haxorus is a great choice against both the E4 and N thanks to the fact that it can have a great moveset so i highly suggest using him.

Excadrill is very great against N and maybe the dark type member of the E4.

Eelektross can be handly against N and Catelin if it has a good moveset.

Ferrothron Makes a great pokemon to use since not many of the E4 can deal with it and with a good moveset can beat most of there teams.

Other then that i can't really tell which one out of the last few choice have for you to use since i myself have never used Conkeldurr and i don't really find Samurott to be that great so i suggest Conkeldurr to be your last team member since the Dark type user is easy when using any fighting type

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Out of the team you have i suggest something like this since your most likely up to the E4 so heres a good idea of a team you could use.

Sigilyph is a great choice since it's duel typing comes in handly when facing Marshal but if you want a better chance at taking him on and the other E4 members then you should go with Chandelure since it can take on the ghost and Psychic E4 members.

Haxorus is a great choice against both the E4 and N thanks to the fact that it can have a great moveset so i highly suggest using him.

Excadrill is very great against N and maybe the dark type member of the E4.

Eelektross can be handly against N and Catelin if it has a good moveset.

Ferrothron Makes a great pokemon to use since not many of the E4 can deal with it and with a good moveset can beat most of there teams.

Other then that i can't really tell which one out of the last few choice have for you to use since i myself have never used Conkeldurr and i don't really find Samurott to be that great so i suggest Conkeldurr to be your last team member since the Dark type user is easy when using any fighting type

I'll probably go with your suggestions for my competitive team, but use Sigilyph and Jellicent as members only when I need those types.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Team Help Please

So yeah i recently brought the White version of pokemon and i got up to ChargeStone Cave and really can't pick what pokemon i should keep or add to my team and which ones should i get rid of so heres the team.

Emboar.
Simisage
Ferroseed (New Catch)
Crustle
Vanillite
Duosion
Throh
Cofagrigus
Archen

And thats it please help me choice which Pokemon to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back