• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Hunters of the Ancient

Should I change main character sprite?

• Yes, protagonist is awful

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yes, it's glaring

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No, it doesn't matter

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No, I like it.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Pokemon: Hunters of the Ancient (Third Beta Release!)

UPDATE: BETA 0.3 released.

INTRODUCTION

First, sorry for my bad grammar.
Hi, this is my third hack I made, and first hack I published. I've been working on it for one year. The third BETA is ready to play!

STORY

You are playing a role of TEAM ROCKET member in KANTO region. You start the game as a recruit member. In KANTO, archeologists find eight artifacts. When they get together, an incredible energy makes legendary POKéMON appear.
Your objective is capturing the eight treasures. But it won't be so easy. You will have many enemies. International POKéMON Agency, KANTO Police, TEAM MAGMA and more!

The events and mapping in the story of this game is not connected with Pokémon RBYG and Fr/Lg.

FEATURES

Playing TEAM ROCKET, and their assaults are more serious now!
Day & Night
Reshaped KANTO (Five years later of Red's journey)
New areas
New story
Artifacts instead of Badges
Gambling Item
Trick House in Cerulean Team Rocket Base

PLANNED FEATURES (NOT LIVE)

Robbery system
All three generation POKéMON
Traveling HOENN & JOHTO
Lockpicking HM: Open the closed doors and reveal the secrets!

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

VIDEOS
Spoiler:

BUGS

MAJOR
If you get defeated at first battle, all the game storyline ruins.

MINOR
At starting screen, sprites may mess up strangely.
Horrible "Town Map" errors.
There's a weird hole in the mist at the third artifact area.
Prices are not correct at the EXOTIC MARKET

CREDITS

I will give credit to the ROM Hack Tool developers.

AdvanceMap
XSE
APE
Advance Trainer
unlz.GBA
NSE
Overworld Editor
Advance Text

And credits to

DawnRyder's titlescreen hacking
DayNight System Editor

F.A.Q

Question: Why PokéMarkets sell item to me?
Answer: The first cities, VIRIDIAN and PEWTER shop assistants are working for TEAM ROCKET secretly. Shop assistants in new cities won't sell anything to you.

Question: Why Gym system still continues?
Answer: The only Gym fight will be with Brock.

Question: Where is KANTO MAP?
Answer: After getting first artifact, visit PALLET TOWN and steal the map from GARY's sister.

Question: Why are starters same with FR/LG?
Answer: The assault was on the OAK's LAB. He was preparing them for newbie trainers.

Question: Why there is no NATIONAL DEX?
Answer: Will be added in BETA 0.3 (Maybe BETA 0.4), after third artifact.

COMPLETION
Released Beta Completion: The second artifact is done. You can play the game up to ROUTE 9.
Progress: Working on LILYCOVE CITY.

DOWNLOAD
"Pokemon - HOTA Beta 0.3.ips"
Download Beta 0.3: http://tinyurl.com/l48ljkb
Download Beta 0.2: http://tinyurl.com/o444q99
Download Beta 0.1: http://tinyurl.com/ocpobe2

Last edited:

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
This game looks interesting. The character sprite's a bit iffy, you could have just imported another Team Rocket's Sprite. Oh well. Anyway, I'll be trying this out tonight. And SO glad you released a BETA with the post, coz most people just torture us until it's ready. Anyway, good luck on the hack.

(This had better be first post.....)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I would like to apply as a grammar corrector.

Also, I think the protagonist OW needs some work. Maybe you can remove his hat? That can easily distinguish the protagonist and the other grunts.

Besides, I really like the idea of working in an evil organization! Not a lot of hacks have this feature.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
This looks pretty good. I love playing team rocket hacks, but toxic purple is one of the only good one out there and its really short, I'm looking forward to trying out the beta.

Well, I tried playing it,but after I name my character the screen goes black...Why is this happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
um so yeah i started the hack and everything is all glitched and after i name the characters it freezes so what should i do and yes i did get a new rom and patched it i have done the process with several clean roms and ips patches please answer

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
I think the IPS patch is glitchy, cuz the ROM works fine, I'll try to reupload it.

EDIT: I patched and worked fine. Try to patch FIREBPRE (FireRed US).
Yeh, the game has many small bugs, but this is a first BETA, I'll fix them. ;)

I would like to apply as a grammar corrector.

Also, I think the protagonist OW needs some work. Maybe you can remove his hat? That can easily distinguish the protagonist and the other grunts.

Besides, I really like the idea of working in an evil organization! Not a lot of hacks have this feature.

Yeh, main character OW is a bit weird, I accept. Also, I really need a Grammar corrector. :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I love hacks like this! Will the robbery system be based on us throwing a Pokeball or after beating the trainer we can choose one of his/her Pokemon?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Interesting hack. Since Toxic Purple's creator stopped updating there was a need for a Team Rocket hack.
But this does seem to be Toxic Purple-like.
But well, maybe I need to see more screenies =D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Good one ! Really cool and simple storyline . You could use team rocket grunt's OW ,front and back sprite for the protagonist. Also you mean that you will be able to visit jhoto and hoenn right ? You meant parts of the regions ? Because i kinda doubt that you can have 3 full regions on a rom hack...Good luck with this ;)

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Good one ! Really cool and simple storyline . You could use team rocket grunt's OW ,front and back sprite for the protagonist. Also you mean that you will be able to visit jhoto and hoenn right ? You meant parts of the regions ? Because i kinda doubt that you can have 3 full regions on a rom hack...Good luck with this ;)

"Parts" of them, not all the region. If you check the world map, you can see the Johto route, but it isn't made yet.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
man, this looks good! im telling you now, dont let this hack die. if finished, it could become a top contender! the storyline sounds a bit like phantom thief tho, steal 8 artifacts, thats a new concept i never thought of. congratz, keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
i tried patching it with the USA verison, and a bunch of different versions, but i still experience the same problem that munchlax had. The screen goes black after it says go out there and make team rocket proud. Is there anyway to fix it this? Or has anyone found a way to fix it yet?

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
just finished the first beta and it was good but some of the spirits in the introduction looked kinda whack xD and im looking forward to the 2nd beta ^^ goodluck

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
Enjoying the beta so far, found some problems though.

1. In the first team rocket secret base in the pokemon center there is a guy looking in the map in the back, you can only talk to him from the side.

2. I found "Ancient Cave" and I can't seem to enter, not sure if this is on purpose or not.

3. In battles the background is purple and flashes once in the beginning.

4. Bug Catcher Doug in Viridian Forest is messed up, there is a big space between Doug and is when he is going to do something like send out a new pokemon.

Also if I may make one critique it would be to maybe give us different starters? I know this is Kanto but Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur I find are getting a tad bit redundant. I would love it if we can find them later on though (through stealing for example) as they are cool pokemon. Just a suggestion, also I'll post more errors I find as I see them.

Last edited:

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Enjoying the beta so far, found some problems though.

1. In the first team rocket secret base in the pokemon center there is a guy looking in the map in the back, you can only talk to him from the side.

2. I found "Ancient Cave" and I can't seem to enter, not sure if this is on purpose or not.

3. In battles the background is purple and flashes once in the beginning.

4. Bug Catcher Doug in Viridian Forest is messed up, there is a big space between Doug and is when he is going to do something like send out a new pokemon.

Also if I may make one critique it would be to maybe give us different starters? I know this is Kanto but Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur I find are getting a tad bit redundant. I would love it if we can find them later on though (through stealing for example) as they are cool pokemon. Just a suggestion, also I'll post more errors I find as I see them.

1. Fixed. Will be live at BETA 2.
2. Cave map is not ready yet. So I closed the entrance.
3. Because of Day & Night. I'll fix.
4. Many of trainers are like them. I'll fix.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
^ Great, just out of curiosity how far can we expect the next beta to go? I'm really enjoying this hack (especially the pokemon stealing aspect)!

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
^ Great, just out of curiosity how far can we expect the next beta to go? I'm really enjoying this hack (especially the pokemon stealing aspect)!

Next BETA will include up to 4 artifacts, so it'll take some time. I don't know when will be released. For now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back