• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

echo; A KANTO JOURNEY (OOC)

Years
Can I please reserve the BW male with Marshtomp (Because I feel like being a bit different). I'll work on an SU, can I start in the current chapter? What wilds can I have?

Edit: But again, I'm not promising I can handle the load, I'm just willing to try.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Reserved with BW male and Marshtomp, gimmepie. Go at your own pace. Hope to see your SU up soon, then.

You can start in the current chapter and a couple of caught pokémon would be alright. I gave myself and Jake a lvl 18 starter and a lvl 14 other pokémon when we only had two pokémon and if you'd want yet another pokémon I think I'd lower your starter's level and the third pokémon could be on lvl 13.

Unless you want lower levels than that, of course ^^

Years
@ Red's - Well, to be completely honest, I'm a hard worker but when it comes to things like this I'm the polar opposite (possibly the laziest person on Earth) so I'll probably go with the level 18 Starter and level 14 other pokemon (I think I saw Heracross as an option?)

Also just a warning, I'm probably going to be far from able to post Xlugon length posts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Don't worry, we're all far from Xlugonlength ;D I wish I had patience and inspiration to write that much though. Well, maybe not quite that much. But more :3

Years
Is this okay so far (I wrote for the team not just a starter).

Name: Corvin White

Age: 15 (Is it possible to have him as on the later edge of 15, I know it is kind of odd but I get weird about playing younger characters).

Trainer: B/W Male

Team:
Marshtomp
Male
Lv 18
Torrent
Tackle, Growl, Mudslap, Water Gun, Ice Punch

Heracross
Male
Lv 14
Guts
Night Slash, Horn Attack, Leer, Fury Attack, Arial Ace

Personality: Corvin is the kind of person that could be taken in a lot of different ways depending on what you yourself are like. His primary character trait is that he is a very hard worker and has a tendency to expect others to push themselves as much as he does, which few people actually do, and he tends to view those he regards as slackers with distaste (to put it mildly). He is the sort of person who pushes himself and his team mates hard always looking to achieve higher goals and is somewhat of a perfectionist, always trying to fix flaws in his battling style. This hard working, perfectionist attitude can cause him to not just be hard on others but also on himself.

Despite what could be described as a fairly intense attitude towards life he is usually not a cruel or disrespectful person and treats his pokemon with care and respect, they are not just tools they are his companions and his team mates. He may not have the same gushy relationship with them that many trainers do with their pokemon but through the hard work that goes into Corvin's training he forms an unshakable bond with his partners fairly quickly.

His attitude towards people and other pokemon is fairly similar, although there certainly are differences. He will treat you with respect upon first meeting you but if he believes you to be disrespectful, arrogant or especially if he believes you to be lazy this respect will quickly turn into malice, and he is not a person whose bad side you want to be on. If he doesn't like you he is fully prepared to go out of his way to make your life a living hell. He may not be a terrible person, but to call him a saint would be a massive overstatement.

Corvin may not be a genius but he is quite smart and excels in anything battling related. He is skilled at thinking on his feet and having grown up in a family of breeders he has learned a thing or two about analylisng his opponent's pokemon. Despite his obvious strengths Corvin's determination and confidence can sometimes be as much of a hindrance as it is an asset. He can become too caught up in the moment or too emotionally invested in his battles and this will sometimes cloud his judgement.

A summary of Corvin would be to simply say that he is a determined and hard working young trainer with a lot of potential but he still has a lot of growing up to do.

Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Admittedly I've been posting less frequently due to the fewer posts lately. I don't want to get too far ahead of everyone else.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Is this okay so far (I wrote for the team not just a starter).

Name: Corvin White

Age: 15 (Is it possible to have him as on the later edge of 15, I know it is kind of odd but I get weird about playing younger characters).

Trainer: B/W Male

Team:
Marshtomp
Male
Lv 18
Torrent
Tackle, Growl, Mudslap, Water Gun, Ice Punch

Heracross
Male
Lv 14
Night Slash, Horn Attack, Leer, Fury Attack, Arial Ace

Personality: (Pending, will be a fairly intense dude I'm thinking).

Sample: (Pending)
Looks fine to me so far.

Admittedly I've been posting less frequently due to the fewer posts lately. I don't want to get too far ahead of everyone else.
I can understand that, especially considering Vuowth's level ^^ But feel free to challenge the gym when you feel like it :) Since most of the new characters start off in Pewter City, we are all mostly in the same place.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Um, i'd like to join. I saw on the discussion thread that if I want to enter in the current events i get a few additional pokemon? how many and what level am i allowed?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Could I please use my old SU with the Black 2 male, and Dewott instead of Ivysaur?
Yes, you may! Do you want more pokémon from the previous routes, if you start in chapter 3?
Please state what Egg Move you'd like for Dewott, and what other pokémon you want (if any). The more pokémon, the lower levels, of course.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Just like me then :p Ok, Dewott will be at lvl 18 with moves:
Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport, Focus Energy, Night Slash - and you can choose to forget one of these moves to make it learn Razor Shell.

Scyther will be at lvl 14, and for its moveset you can see Arabelle's Scyther in the first post of the IC. I don't have time to edit the OP right now.

You are accepted and cleared to start posting at your leisure, heretostay123 :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hope my first SU ever is okay enough! XD

Name: Jack Freeman

Trainer: Johto Male

Starter: Quilava (Egg Move – Flare Blitz)
(I am going to skip to Pewter City, this will be my team)

Quilava – Level 18
Ember/Tackle/Flareblitz/Quick Attack/Smokescreen

Pidgeotto – Level 14
Tackle/Sand-Attack/Gust/Whirlwind

Personality:
Spoiler:

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Alright. Awesome. He'll forget Tail Whip, and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to make my first post. I have a thing to go to within half an hour, and I don't have time to make a big-A post.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Ok, you may have Servine and Iron tail, but Tropius was not in any of the previous chapters so you cannot have that.
Please look at the posts for chapter 1 and chapter 2 (can be found in the first post of the IC thread) and see if you want to have caught any of the pokémon there when you start in Pewter City.
Ok, will a Swablu be acceptable instead?

Also, I like that you want to make a character that is different from most, having grown up with pokémon and being able to speak with them. That is ok! But I hope that you will reveal his history eventually in the RP :)
I don't understand what you mean. When was it listed as a secret that he was a wild child? He doesn't have any history aside from being a child raised by Pokemon. And it isn't like he was told to hide this fact from anyone or not.

However, that last paragraph in the Personality section is very confusing to me. What does the fact that Sabrina can use Psychic have to do with Topaz liking female humans? :s
No, I said he liked female humans and female Pokemons. I'm implying that Pokemon can breed with humans, and that the reason Sabrina can use Psychic is that someone down her bloodline, someone did it with a psychic type pokemon.

I would like you to change professor Pine into a character of your own creation, since I have other plans for professor Pine's history.
I only did Pine because I saw that he was being used in other SUs as i looked around. Can I make it instead that the guy who takes care of Topaz is a rival Prof. who wants to show Pine up by having his own Trainer be the best before any of the others?

Also, if you want to start playing in Pewter City but having your character skipping the previous chapters completely, your levels will not be elevated when you begin. You will only have your starter and it will be on lvl 10. So maybe you would rather want to just do like the other new players and pretend to already have gone through Route 2 and Viridian Forest?

I mean, why would he get lost there... he is used to living in the woods and can communicate with pokémon, right? :s
I only did the travel bit cause I was afraid I would have to write about all the moments between Topz getting his Pokedex and getting to Pewter. I can fix that easily.

Also, your RP sample did not contain what the instructions said for it to contain. Please read the SU template over again (found in the first post of the OOC) and try to realize what you got wrong. Also, change the part about Pine having been part of Topaz' history like that. Thank you :3
I don't see anything wrong with my RP sample besides the Pine and the car ride. Could you be more specific about my problems?

[/quote]

Years
@ Red's - I'm probably being dense here but after reading through the OP (twice) I'm still completely at a lost for what I missed.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
For people wondering what they missed, I'm assuming it's that Professor Pine is in the Pokémon Center of Viridian City, not in some lab there =x

Also I'll have a post up by Sunday at the VERY latest (busy weekend, hopefully I'll have it up before then) giving some character development since I'm starting late in the game!

Back