• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could create a type, what would it be?

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
I've always been a bit of a proponent for a Fungi-type.

Let's face it, it's ridiculous that all fungi-based Pokémon are Grass-type, they're not even remotely similar from a biological perspective!

You could make it resistant to Water, Psychic and Dark, and weak to Fire, Poison and Light moves (hypothetically).

You could also make it strong vs Bug and Grass type Pokémon, and not very effective vs like, Rock, or Ghost or something.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Each one to his own. I suggest the creation of REGAL type, which is balancing between Fighting, Dark, Ghost and Normal.

Offence -
★SPaffective - Fighting, Dark, Psychic, Regal (itself)
★NVaffective - Normal, Ghost, Steel
★Naffect - NaN

Defence -
★SPaffective - Normal, Ghost, Regal
★NVaffective - Fighting, Dark, Psychic
★Naffect - NaN

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
a little thing I've been thinking about is cat type. Strong to bug and flying (cats eat bugs and birds) weak to water (cats don't like water) weak to electric and steel (ever seen those cat vs toaster videos?) strong to dragon (because right now dragon types are overpowered in my opinion)

Nakala Pri

Energy type! Rare and powerful, and depending where you are, its power is increased if you're near nature or somewhere electric... AWSM!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Space and Time-type.
You can do things such as, well, distort space and time! Yes, we have Dialga and Palkia, but they're more of those silly dragon-types..

Years
I had a dream last night where there was a light type which had moves that had different effectiveness based on the color of the opposing Pokemon. That would probably be stupid, though, and definitely over-complicated.

I don't think any new types are a good idea, personally. Anything "cosmic" I guess is most viable to get its own type, but I have difficulty seeing how its type matchups would be.

We don't need a light type, I think, because we have psychic and fighting. We don't need magic as we have psychic and all of the straight elemental typings, and for "digital", we already have electric.

Most of the others seem too specific and/or non-elemental to me. Of course, dragons aren't really an element, and I'm mostly just biased due to growing up with the same ones for so many years.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
Light type only makes sense due to the idea of light vs dark. I'm still hoping sylveon is a light type. Perhaps I'd also like to see sound type as well. There are a handful of pokemon that could fit this category (Jigglypuff, Whismur).

Maybe an air type. Not really flying, as the effectiveness would be different.
S.effective: Fire, Flying
Weak against: Ice

My head cannot think of others at the moment.

Vaati Fulbuster

High level pokemon trainer
Years
I would like Shadow type.
I mean, the awesome moves like shadow blitz and shadow hold (From the shadow pokemon in XD and Colloseum.)
They never put those moves in any other game...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Wood type.
It would fit the seedot family PERFECTLY
Plus,it is good for a second X and Y evolution.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
Blood type (huehuehuehue)

But seriously, pokémon with a design based on such a thing with a movepool centered around blood....yes please {<3}

Back