• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pounce! - The Cat Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
If it could exist, would you have any of the Pokemon that resemble domestic cats as pets or would you fear their power too much? If you could have one in real life, would you battle with it, participate in contests with it, or something else?

Of course! You should seize every opportunity you get and I love real life cats. I've always wanted a black cat so I'd probably like a Purrloin. I would definitely at the start be a bit intimidated by its strength and be wary of what it does- since animals can do anything really, they could eat you in one bite if they wanted to. I guess I'd just keep it like any ordinary cat, care for it, love it, treat it like a friend. If feline pokemon are allowed to be kept as pets, I'm assuming we get to do Pokemonish stuff too? (like contests etc.) In that case I'd feed it lots of poffins until its nice and fat and then we can fall asleep by the fireplace.

As for contests, maybe? I've never been too fond of them to be completely honest. I'll probably just treat it like any ordinary, normal cat in the real world. Except the food will be greater. :]

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Since Pokemon seem to have almost human-like intelligence in ways, it'd be a little odd having an animal that intelligent in my house O_o I'd pick Eevee 'cuz it's the cuddliest <3 I'd definitely put her in contests instead of battling, I always thought contests were kind of cool :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd always go for contests, of course! It would be great to show off a group of feline Pokémon as your team for battling and prove that they can be just as strong as any other Pokémon, but I think their talents and concepts would be much better suited for entering contests with. Cat Pokémon as previously established aren't the strongest of the Pokémon out there, but their grace and elegance is a large replacement for this which would make them ideal candidates for a contest team. I think I'd use Delcatty and Persian together for sure but I'm not sure there battle styles would blend together too well - what would you guys want to use?

As for having one as a domestic pet, I'd absolutely love it. It'd be like having a normal pet that you could actually communicate with and you can share your feelings with. You'll always know how it feels about you and it'll be able to understand things like playing or sleeping, and I reckon they'd be a lot easier to look after with that sub-level of sentience. Imagine how great it'd be to have a pet cat that knows what you're feeling and follows you/plays with you whilst knowing what it's doing. It'd be wonderful, haha.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
If it could exist, would you have any of the Pokemon that resemble domestic cats as pets or would you fear their power too much? If you could have one in real life, would you battle with it, participate in contests with it, or something else?

Having a Purrloin as my pet? I think I'd be its pet instead, hehe. It can use Dark attacks, like Torment, Fake Tears, Nasty Plot and, dear god, Night Slash. Imagine it using Pursuit, every time you try to run from a tummy rub session, bam! you get a slash of sharp claws imbued in darkness, muahahaha.

Jokes aside, I'd still have Purrloin as my pet, or any of the cat Pokemon. I think they'd prove very loyal and would never attack their own Trainer, so I wouldn't fear them.

I think cat Pokemon shows would definitely be a thing, and Delcatty would be perfect for something like that, but I'd imagine it would be hard to care for, due to its fur, so I personally would chose to raise a Glameow instead. Or a Purrloin/Liepard. And if I ever wanted to try out battling, then Liepard would fit the bill, I like its devious ways.

EDIT:

Thought I'd share this with everyone!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Years
Okay, need to give this thread a kickstart again! I need a new topic...

You can create any kind of cat-like Pokemon. It can even have any other traits (like Arcanine) but it must have cat traits, too. What legends would your Pokemon be based off of, or what would it be based off of in general?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Create a cat Pokémon, hmm! I think I'd have to create one based on the legendary Cerberus. I know that's based on a trio of dogs, but imagine how cool that'd look replaced by something like lions haha. They'd look so fierce and powerful and firey and destructive and they'd really give a new name to cat Pokémon! I feel like Hydreigon was an attempt at this (though in dragon form) but if they really played on the flame and hellish element whilst adding a touch of cute to the pre-evolved forms, I think it'd be a great family. Just imagine how people would view felines with something like this on their side:

Spoiler:
A three-headed fire cat from hell. Badass. <3

Snowdrop

Years
Sweet mother of a flamboyant flamingo, that would be a sick idea! I have actually seen depictions of Cerberus as a lion and it was pretty awesome.

I saw a Fakemon of a black cat, I think it was called Blackattus (not the best name...). It was based off of a wizard and it looked really cool. Basic, yet effective!

Maybe a cat with stringy or long fur to represent multicolored yarn would be really cute? :3

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Kitties!!! :7:

Username: Starlight Sprite
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Luna (real name)
Pick a partner Pokemon (optional): Umbreon
Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Trixie
Your favorite real-life cat: Rex, who's sitting on my desk as I'm typing this. Though if we're not counting our pets, I'll go with the cougar/mountain lion.
Your favorite cat Pokemon: Full cat - Luxray Partial cat - Umbreon... I just realized that Blastoise has catlike ears too. O_o
An answer to the topic: It's a good question, and it also depends on somewhat on rarity and game availability I guess. Many of them actually have half decent stats, but suffer from a lack of movepool or bad typing. Persian's a great example of this, because it has decent stats and access to a very useful ability (technician), but doesn't learn many great moves, though Pay Day can be fun. Several of the others, like Shinx and Purrloin are intended to be "throw away" monsters like Rattata that are good in the early game, but get outclassed by other Pokemon later on. This hasn't stopped me from using some of them in the late game regardless. Luxray is actually pretty strong (but suffers from a lack of movepool), and Delcatty, while its stats are mediocre can learn a lot of interesting attacks via TM.

Snowdrop

Years
Awesome, thanks for joining! Cougars and mountain lions are awesome, I think some even live a few hours of north of me haha xD Delcatty's stats are unfortunate, but its movepool is so vast with the right support I actually think it could be a threat in battle.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Thanks! I wish I lived near them too. :7: Sadly they don't live out in PA, but oh well. We have bobcats here, but you hardly ever see them. You're more likely to run into a black bear, which is not a cat.

And yeah, Delcatty can be useful in the game. Competitively it doesn't seem to match up, but it's very versatile against the AI since it can have such wide coverage. Assist is also a ton of fun to use, even when it messes you up spectacularly.

Years
Username: Cirno
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Janna or Cirno is fine! :)
Pick a partner Pokemon (optional): Skittyyyy
Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Vanilla
Your favorite real-life cat: House cats! I have one and love him to pieces.
Your favorite cat Pokemon: So hard to choose, but Skitty is the cutest, so. <3
An answer to the topic: I think I've seen this spoken about before in an older club and agree with what was said there. Cats and dogs are quite common animals and pets in real life so perhaps that was reflected upon in their Pokemon counterparts' stats? Just a thought. Makes some sense if you think about it~

Snowdrop

Years
^ Yeah, but a lot of weak and common animals are great in competitive battle. Dogs tend to be stronger and more useful in battle. Apparently Stoutland is an amazing battler! And Arcanine should be, but I feel like the Fire Type isn't used very much because of the sensitivity to Ground and Stealth Rock? But that's for a different topic. Anyways, you're all signed up and thank you for joining! Your avatar is adorable, btw :3

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I had to google Blackattus and it actually looks really cool, I would definitely train him if it were a real Pokemon. Link. And actually all their fakemon are cool.

So a new cat Pokemon! Purrito! Half cat, half burrito. Okay, no, that'd be weird. Or cute? Weirdly cute, probably.

And to go on the cute path, like Snowdrop with her yarn idea, how about something related to cat bells. Stage 1: a very, very tiny kitty Pokemon, with a big head and a fluffy tail and a huge bell. So huge, that if it was standing behind her bell, you'd only be able to see her head. Stage 2: it evolves into a Psychic Pokemon, about the size of a normal cat. And it keeps two bells floating around her. And it is mad at those who laughed of her when she was very tiny. She'd still have a fluffy tail. And still be very cute.

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Username/Nickname: BlueEspeon
Partner: Espeon
Partner Nickname: Kitty
Favorite Real Life Cat: Grey cats. (Sorry I don't know {XD})
Your favorite cat Pokemon: Espeon
Answer: Yes, it irritates me.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I had an idea for a lion Pokemon a while back.(my concept predates gen4). When I get home l see if i can find my sketches of it. It was called Cuburn, and was a starter, typed Fire / Cosmic (new type for my fakedex, the other starters had them too; water/ sound and grass / dinosaur). It was a lion cub with a little flame on its head and a star mark. Eventually it evolved into Novalion and then Stellionne, getting a flaming mane and shimmering marks along the way. It focuses mainly on special stats. being a little weaker physically than the water starter (a sea serpent) and the grass starter (a tyrannosaurus).

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Creating a new cat Pokemon, hmm. While Purrloin does certainly resemble a black cat, I'd be enthusiastic on seeing another one based off misfortune and being a sorceror's pet. Purrloin is just based off a normal, ordinary, pet-like one with a sassy attitude to be completely honest. If I remember correctly, black cats were considered great misfortune in the periods of the Middle Ages, so perhaps it could have an ability like Hustle, which gives it quite a huge attack for the sacrifice of accuracy. It'd be quite a serious Pokemon that likes to get down and rough and doesn't hold back. While I don't think I'd see it head-smashing the wits out of anything, anytime soon, it'd still have phenomenal attack to make up for the average stats of feline Pokemon. I'm thinking it'd be pretty agile too, quick on its feet. You kind of have to be, to survive as a stray cat for so long. Its only natural. I can't think of a good design right now, but yeah those are some thoughts.

Although I have to say a three-headed cat from hell would just be badass, it'd be like a counterpart to Hydreigon. I think it was based off of a hydra, another mythical creature. Gamefreak might find it not suitable to implement into the games but with demon-like hydras running around and possessed TVs, why not? It'd be pretty amazing to see. Liking all the ideas though, so far! :]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sooo... am I in? No one's responded to me yet.
The sign-up form is just a technicality so people know a little about you before joining and so that you can be welcomed into a club - you're a member from your first post regardless of whether you've been 'accepted' or not. :)

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Thanks! Noooow... I have no idea what to talk about.

In real life I have a grey kitten.
I have no idea what breed he is {XD}

And sorry for making my Espeon's name so generic. I just named it the same name I gave him in Black 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back