• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty Discussion

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
x6bg2x.jpg

Call of Duty is a first-person shooter game. The series originally started on PC, and it was later made available to consoles and handhelds. It's one of the biggest gaming franchise on earth, and its latest game, Black Ops 2, have gained more than $500 million in sales within just 24 hours.

How do feel about Call of Duty? What's your favorite CoD game? Do you play it for fun, or do you play it competitively? What's your kill/death ratio? What are your favorite weapons? Use this thread to talk all about these subjects!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I don't own any Call of Duty games, but I've played my friends' versions and it's ok. I'm not that much into FPS games. Steam had a free online multiplayer demo one weekend, so I downloaded it and the server was busy the entire time... So that's my CoD experience :P

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
For a long time, I didn't know what to think about CoD. It's certainly fun to play, but I never considered it "good." Then I found this video:

I think this is the best analysis of CoD anyone has made, and I encourage you guys to watch it. It finally gave me an actual point of view on the series.

Years
Call of Duty I think has the same game Guitar Hero has had, It's currently being milked dry. Guess what, Call of Duty and Guitar Hero, they're from the same publisher, Activison.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Well, I play CoD far too much. Mainly Black Ops two.

When you get into actual clans and tactical stuff, it can get pretty intense. My clan is pretty laid back compared to some, but we're still pretty damn good. We play competitively.

My K/D right now is pretty crappy, like, below a 1.0, I'm working on getting it up, lately though my average per game has been about a 2.45 or so. I'm just working on getting the overall up to snuff so to speak. I've been doing pretty awesome lately and moved up to the top of my clan with a point per minute score of 237 on average.

Also, that vide... I didn't agree at all. And while some of the stuff that guy is saying makes sense, I don't think he took a completely unbiased take on it as he said he would. Perhaps in the beginning somewhat, but as it went on his bias became apparent. Especially when he began talking about how it's 'taking away' from other games that need it.

The thing is, if the game sucked, then why is it such a huge franchise? Why do so many people play it? The question answers itself. If it sucked we'd lump it with something like say ET and move on.

For its genre, as a first person shooter, it certainly does not suck.

I will admit though, the community pisses me off to no end sometimes. The ten year old kids that shouldn't even own the game, the jerks, the sexist... let's just say it's not a great community when it comes to being a female gamer. But you know what? Doesn't take me away from it, because the feeling when you completely wipe the floor with that guy that just told you to go make him a sandwhich or something equally clever, pretty good feeling.

Most of the time, everyone save my clan are muted.

That's another thing, working with friends, a clan, community, whatever, it changes your perspective. My clan and I are pretty tight.

Try this article instead of the vid.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I enjoy the series, the story much more than the MP. In terms of skill these are how I rank in each game.

1. Black Ops
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. Black Ops II
4. Modern Warfare 3

I don't count my other two games (CoD4 and WaW) because I haven't had any type of extended play on the MP since they're infested with hackers/modders.

Years
I don't exactly *love* the series, but it is overall a great shooter. Perfect for playing with friends. Admittedly, the community IS a bunch of trolls/10-year-olds, but if you COULD take them out of the game, this franchise as a whole would get a lot more positive rep. I own plenty of CoD games (although I didn't get them in order of release date), having Xbox 360 copies for each installment of the franchise since CoD 4 and Steam copies for CoD 4, World at War, and BO2. Personally my favorite game out of the franchise is a toss-up between BO2 and MW3 (yes, seriously).

In terms of KDR - WaW, CoD 4, and MW2 (for the X360) were my beginning games, and I would've been happy to end up with a 1.0+ KDR by the end of a match. If I remember, the ratios are something along the lines of 0.5, 0.7, and 0.8, respectively. Since the more modern releases (MW3 and BO2), I've been getting 1.2-1.3 for my average KDR. Sometimes if I'm lucky I'll get a 4.0+ KDR. I guess you could say that I play most of the CoD franchise as a "competitive casual".

My favorite weapons from each game:
CoD 4: MP5, M40A3, AK-47, P90
WaW: Gewehr 43, Mosin-Nagant, MP40
MW2: all the ARs, M93 Raffica, Intervention (lol, that QS'ing)
BO: Galil, Enfield, MP5K, MPL, Stakeout
MW3: most of the ARs (again), MSR, MP7, PP90M1, MP9, Five-Seven
BO2: Type 25, SWAT-556, MTAR, MP7, MSMC, Vector, R870 MCS, Ballista, DSR 50, Five-Seven

I also play a bit of Zombies, but I mainly stick with WaW or BO Zombies (or, on PC, WaW modded zombies).

I'm not particularly hyped on Call of Duty: Ghosts, which releases November 5th this year. Despite the fact that I "enjoy" the two most recent games, I also have quite a bit of a rage-fest on them, as well. Not to say Ghosts will do the same, but I think the franchise has gotten to the point where Activision just wants as much money as possible before the hype dies down (if it does).

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i own call of duty black ops 2. i've only played a couple of the sections in the game. pretty much i only play zombies now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to be released later this year. Will you guys actually get this game, or will you just skip it?

I haven't made a decision yet. I'm a big supporter of Call of Duty, but to to be honest, I'm not really excited about this game. I've experienced a lot of lag issues in Black Ops 2, and I'm afraid of having to deal with the same problems in this game. I'll read a few reviews when the game is released. If the reviews are good, then I may consider getting it.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to be released later this year. Will you guys actually get this game, or will you just skip it?

I haven't made a decision yet. I'm a big supporter of Call of Duty, but to to be honest, I'm not really excited about this game. I've experienced a lot of lag issues in Black Ops 2, and I'm afraid of having to deal with the same problems in this game. I'll read a few reviews when the game is released. If the reviews are good, then I may consider getting it.

The lag issues aren't really the game's fault, it's the hosts or your connection. It's just something that happens, it's not the game's fault that Killa-647 or whatever doesn't have a perfect connection. It's just how the system works.

I will probably get Ghosts, but not for some time, after all I need to save up for a new console for that.

Then I will have a lot of new frisbees.

As I said earlier, I've been working on getting all my subs gold/diamond. The only ones I have to get gold left are the Chicom and the MSMC.

I can own with any submachine gun in the game.

But my particular favorite weapons are the Skorpion EVO and the Type 25.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
I've never been a big fan of FPS games, so I don't own any of the CoD games myself. However, I have given them a spin on my friends consoles, and got the gist of how they function and the basic objectives. I think it doesn't deserve the amount of hype it gets, but it's also not that bad of a game. I'm already inclined to enjoy platformer games over any with the FPS genre as that's just my preferred gaming style, but I do like some key aspects showcased in the CoD games and overall wouldn't mind having one for myself. I haven't considered purchasing Ghosts though, primarily because like others have mentioned, the details already released don't excite me enough to warrant it. :/

TY

CoD is a game everyone gets since its one of the most popular games atm. Its not awful, but its definetly not that great as everyone says it is. I enjoy playing it (the story being a bit disappointing imo), but so far its only WaW, BO1&2's zombies ill play often. MP sucks cause of the community, but besides that its a game that is enjoyable from time to time, but its not a great game overall.

My fave guns were:
CoD 4: G36C, M4, AK74u
WaW: PPsH-41, Arisaka, BAR, PTRS
MW2: ACR, F2000, FAL (semi-auto guns <3), P90, M21 EBR
BO: AUG, Kiparis, Spectre, Stoner63, L96A1
MW3: -dont have this game anymore-
BO2: MTAR, Vector, LSAT, Ballista, KAP-40

Altair1

Willpower
Years
When I first bought the PS3 it came with CoD 4: MW, it was terribly addicting, I loved the campaign and multi player. My favourite in the series has to be MW2, that had everything perfect, from the music, voice actors, gameplay ,etc.
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Ghosts, I'm not sure I'll get the PS4 on release though...

T!M

Years

Although it looks suspiciously like MW3. I will be getting it. It looks fun and the customization of your soldier sounds fun. As well as the squad stuff.

Favorite Guns

CoD4: M4 Carbine and the M1911

Modern Warfare 2: M4A1, AK-47, FAMAS, ACR, SPAS-12, USP, UMP .45, MP5K, PP2000, M16A2, Semtex and Concussion grenades.

Black Ops: AK-47, Commando, Makarov, SPAS-12, Stakeout, AK74U, MP5K, MAC-10, Semtex and Concussion grenades.

Modern Warfare 3: M4A1, M16A2, MK14, AK-47, ACR, SCAR-L, USP, Striker, MP7, Semtex and Concussion grenades

Black Ops II: FN FAL (Full-Auto only), TAC, Remington, MP7, Bouncing Betty, Semtex and Concussion grenades.

Favorite Attachments

CoD4: Suppressor.

MW2: Holographic sight and Suppressor

Black Ops: Reflex Sight and Suppressor.

MW3: Holographic sight, Hybrid Scope and Suppressor.

Black Ops II: Grip, Suppressor, Red Dot Sight and Laser Sight.

Favorite Perks Across all games.

Sleight of Hand, Quickdraw/Fast Hands, Steady Aim, SitRep/Hacker and Blind Eye/Ghost.

Favorite Killstreaks across all games.

UAV, Ballistic Vests, Chopper Gunner, Advanced UAV/SR-71/V-SAT and Tactical Nuke.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I have only played 5 minutes of Modern Warfare, and never touched the series again. I think the backlash for the series is very unjustified and is a example of hating something because it's just popular.

TY

Everyone is talking about Ghosts already, but Treyarch has one more map pack on its way for Black Ops 2, including a zombies level with the characters from WaW and BO1.

Im most certain i will get this and it will be the first DLC i get from BO2, since i dont like the characters in BO2 zombies, in fact, i think they are annoying. I loved being the drunk Russian and slaughtering the undead with a PPsH, but i just couldnt stick with any of the 4 characters in BO2.

T!M

Years
Im most certain i will get this and it will be the first DLC i get from BO2, since i dont like the characters in BO2 zombies, in fact, i think they are annoying. I loved being the drunk Russian and slaughtering the undead with a PPsH, but i just couldnt stick with any of the 4 characters in BO2.

I've never been good at Zombies. Ever. It's not fun for me. Although I've always been interested in the lore of the mode. Just can never live long enough to hear/see it in-game

And the reason people are talking about Ghosts so much is because the MP reveal was only a couple days ago.

Speaking of which, did anyone else watch the livestream/On-Demand coverage of the the Multiplayer reveal?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Quick update, guys! According to an announcement from Gamescom, CoD: Ghosts will be quicker and a lot smoother on Xbox One, because it will have dedicated servers. This will greatly reduce the chances of disconnections, lag, and other type of errors.

Also, Activision has released a new Ghosts trailer last week, which showcases their multi-player game mode. Feel free to take a look if you're interested! =)

T!M

Years
Quick update, guys! According to an announcement from Gamescom, CoD: Ghosts will be quicker and a lot smoother on Xbox One, because it will have dedicated servers. This will greatly reduce the chances of disconnections, lag, and other type of errors.

Also, Activision has released a new Ghosts trailer last week, which showcases their multi-player game mode. Feel free to take a look if you're interested! =)

Yay! More good news about this game. :D

TY

After seeing that i can say im definetly getting Ghosts... Geez it looks so good and the new features i see looks sick.

Back