• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Starter Pokémon

Who is your Favorite R/S/E starter Pokémon?

• Mudkip

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Treecko

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'm really tied between all three of them. Treecko was my first, Torchic and its line are badasses, and Mudkip is the best to take on the gym leaders.

I chose Torchic simply because I like him the most at the moment. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Mudkip for me. I've always liked water starters, and I also liked how Swampert had ground typing in addition to water. I enjoyed using Quagsire in Gold (can't remember exactly how I ended up adding him to my team--I think I needed a surfer and didn't want to stick Surf onto my existing water-type starter for some reason), and Swampert seemed like a stronger version of that Quagsire.

Years
My favorite is Treecko. It was my first Pokemon (because Sapphire was the first game I ever played) and it is the only Grass starter I have ever chosen. :)

DuckSwimmer

Video Editor~
Years
I picked Treecko. I honestly don't know why because I never picked a grass type before, but it was totally worth it.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I love Treeko ^_^
It's a lizard with blades!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 13, 2015
Favorite Starter?

Which is your favorite?

Torchick - Combusken - Blaziken

Treeko - Grovyle - Sceptile

Mudkip - Marshtomp - Swampert

Feel free to post your favorite!

P.S.---> Mine is Mudkip!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
So I heard you like mudkipz... >_>

On a more serious note, I'd have to go with treecko.

This thread is kind of similar to which one is the best... really think you should have put up a poll though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favorite would have to be Blaziken. Not only was it good-looking, but it was also able to pretty nicely when battling. In Emerald, I had beaten the league about four to fives with only this Pokémon. It was pretty hard, but still did it. I'm a big fan of its pre-evolved forms as well, Combuskin and Torchic. Aside from Blaziken, I also like Swampert's line. And my third favorite is Sceptile. (:

Years
Though there aren't many Grass type Pokemon that I like, Treecko and family are easily one of my favorites, and definitely my favorite of the three starters in Hoenn. In fact, my Sceptile was one of only 2 Pokemon that I managed to beat the Master Rank Pokemon contests with, and the only Pokemon I had beat the Elite Four multiple times.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Treecko for me! Best starter I ever had. I hate evolving it to Sceptile.
Grovyle looks much better, don't you just agree? :3

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
250px-255Torchic.png

It evolves into Combusken starting at level 16, which evolves into Blaziken starting at level 36.
Along with Treecko and Mudkip, Torchic is one of three starter Pokémon of Hoenn available at the beginning of Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. And i like it tooo much. Cause Torchic is a small, chick Pokémon with stubby, downy, yellow wings. Its body is covered with orange feathers. There is an orange and yellow crest on its head that resembles a flame. Its two thin legs and short beak of are a light brownish yellow, and the feet have three toes in front and one in the back. A male Torchic will have a small black speck on its rear that is not present in females.
Somewhere in its belly, this Pokémon has a place where it keeps a flame. This internal flame causes Torchic to feel warm if hugged. When attacked, it will shoot fireballs of 1,800 degrees F at its foes, leaving them scorched black. It dislikes darkness, as it cannot see its surroundings. Torchic will follow its Trainer with unsteady steps. While Torchic is rarely found in the wild, it is known to inhabit grasslands. it has a very good And cute design.

180px-May_Torchic.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Treeko - Grovyle - Sceptile

I hate Blaziken, his pre-evolution looks like an actual chicken and although he's good in terms of battling, I think Sceptile is better (for me).

Sceptile looks awesome, I think Grovyle looks amazing, and it was my first choice when I first played Emerald!

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I used to love Sceptile. But now I don't like it as much as I used to.

I love Mudkip. It's my favorite water starter out of them all. It's cute and what's not to like about it? xD

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
shouldn't eevee, umbreon, espeon flareon, jolteon & vaporeon count towards being starters of the 3ed gen? they where the starters of coliseum & XD: gale of darkness. if so i choose these 2 as the best starters.
yin_yang_umbreon_and_espeon___pokemon___by_xinsomne-d5c0mq0.png

if not then its this one

Grovyle_The_Thief_by_ghaskan.png

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My favourite is Mudkip. When it evolves into Swampert, it's a total beast with Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake and Grass Knot. Plus, its Water/Ground weakness means only a 4x weakness to Grass, but that's not a problem as Swampert won't be staying in for any grass-type anyways lol.

From Laurentum

A Newbie in the Community
Years
Most of the time, I choose a water-type Pokemon as my starter. But when it comes to R/S/E, I'd go for a Torchic simply because I like Blaziken. ;)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
I liked each one better at different stages of their evolutions.

1st evo - Mudkip
2nd evo - Grovyle
3rd evo - Blaziken

Back