• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh good I'm not the only one. What about calculating value for money on all the Potions and what have you to see which one is the best deal and then only ever buying that?

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I do that for Repels, but only because I unintentionally found out about the dollar/step cost of each one. Ever since I learned that Super Repels were most economical, I can never force myself to buy Max Repels anymore.

For Potions, I typically just buy items which can heal around the same amount as my team's average HP. It's a little bit more finicky with those, since you also have to take into account how much damage you'll be healing and such.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I only buy Dusk Balls and Ultra Balls hahah. >_o I usually play games at night so the Dusk Ball is the absolute best for me.

Years
HAHA MONEY MANAGEMENT IS FOR LOOOOOOZRS

I just buy whatever I fancy :3 there's no logic to my purchases, as is the case with me in real life.

This is generally the case for me too, but when the moeny's tight you get a bit of management in you ...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
People have tight money in a Pokemon game? I always have hundreds of thousands lying around that I never use.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Guys I have to ask- is it weird that I buy exactly 10 Pokéballs every time I have to get more so that I can get a free Premier Ball? And even if I want to buy 50 I buy 10 at a time to get the most out of my money? Since then I get $1000 worth of free stuff as opposed to $200. And I just do this out of habit by now.

No, it isn't! I do that all the time! ^^ Sometimes I even do it just for the sake of getting the Premier Ball. I do think it has an awesome design. :)

I tend to have a tendency to buy too much stuff ...
And you can't get money from random battles :(

You can get quite a sum of money from spamming the Elite 4 with one party member holding an Amulet Coin. :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Haha I've always got a ton of money. Even when I totally forget about the Amulet Coin. I just am ridiculously thrifty for no reason and almost never buy anything. Actually tbh I think that kind of behaviour started when I was always out of money in Final Fantasy Tactics and then just carried over into Pokémon. xD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ugh dear PGen friends please tell me why I'm so terrible at Mystery Dungeon. :(

droomph

weeb
Years
If I find out a certain dungeon is going to be hard, I just store all my valuables (and money, if possiblies) and then keep on dying and gaining power until I can finally beat it. Same goes for boss battles :3 That's how I beat Temporal Tower, you know.

Also, on a side note...who else is compulsive about storing Reviver Seeds? I swear I have two pages of them stored in Storage.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But...I'm only on the third mission...;___;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay maybe not the third mission? Also I'm playing one of the first ones I think. I have to fight a Skarmory to save...something haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back