• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trouble in the Chubu Region

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Chubu.

A large region of time honored traditions, home to many retired pokemon trainers and champions. The people and pokemon here are happy because life here is simple but peaceful. The elderly pass down a rich knowledge of culture to the next generations.

However, one thing about this next generation is unclear. Kids these days don't care about old values and customs. They instead seek out what's easy to do and ignore the price of convenience. Also, a life of luxury has long been appealing to the youth of Chubu. Promises of great opportunity sends youth away to other regions with bigger cities.

Facing that problem, Politics in Chubu have become divided in recent years. Leaders seek to improve the quality of life of the people with industrial development. But that comes at the cost of nature, pokemon, and old ways of life. Dangerous to embrace but a solution impossible to ignore.

The league was divided over the issue and has since split apart at the top. Soon the gyms of the region will begin to topple as well. The foundation of society will be broken. It needs repair... but the solution is unclear.

The way to proceed is for the next generation to decide.

People and Pokemon.

Because of the region's natural draw of retired trainers and champions, there are a great deal of skilled pokemon enthusiasts that outsiders often come to visit for advice or even personal training.

Another draw are the 100 region exclusive pokemon, Chubu forms, and local legends. Being near to Kanto and Jhoto, man pokemon from both regions can be found swarming during certain seasons.

Mt. Fuji is said to be home to a dormant pokemon, Ryu Fuji a dragon type which is said to bring reckoning. Champions from afar try to scale the mountain but its heights often prove too difficult to reach. Due to the number of injuries in recent years, hiking the mountain has been restricted.

Close to Chubu are a few small areas of land to small to be their own regions but in close association with Chubu.

They say that legendary pokemon travel to these sub regions.

Legends speak of doors, gates, portals to other strange places. The locals of tese sub regions tell similar stories but always about legendary pokemon appearing out of nowhere to prevent catastrophe.

You.

Are you a retired trainer or even a champion?

How will you shape Chubu, will you preserve nature and the customs of people?

Or will you bring Chubu to the present and strengthen its place in the world?

Spoiler:

Me.

I'm Dungeon Maker, and I love table top games. What I'm bringing to the table are some simple conflict resolution mechanics that I'll facilitate.

I enjoy writing and telling a story. But I want you to make this story with me. I've got a plot and a region. But I need you to explore it, shape it, and master it.

Spoiler:

Further Impact

You are able to bring in your own fakemon/custom pokemon for this RP granted that I can see the following information: Type, Stats, Move Pool, and Ability.

I figure that this is a rare opportunity for you all, and I would love to see fellow creators of pokemon.

But some ground rules.
1. No legendary pokemon and nothing above a psuedo-legendary's base stat total.
2. Unique types, abilities, and moves balance are permitted as long as I perceive them as balanced.
- If the type has another unique type in its balancing, I will make NPCs from your region appear with pokemon that provide a challenge.
3. You can only bring one to be your long term companion.

If you're playing a hack or fan game, you can get pokemon from there as well. Just make sure to get the correct information.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I like the region idea, the main conflict reminds me of my old Arcanum region (: new vs old.

The mechanics look a bit too much for me, but it'll surely interest some people!

Years
Mechanics based RPs have been a little more popular lately, but I'd recommend cleaning through them to make them as simple as possible. That makes them more appealing to the average RPer.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
I like the region idea, the main conflict reminds me of my old Arcanum region (: new vs old.

The mechanics look a bit too much for me, but it'll surely interest some people!

New vs Old is a theme I like to explore. Maybe I'll find your work and read it.

Mechanics based RPs have been a little more popular lately, but I'd recommend cleaning through them to make them as simple as possible. That makes them more appealing to the average RPer.

I did that and discovered a couple unnecessary steps. But I could use a fresh set of eyes to help clarify and simplify anything that is confusing or too much to worry about.

In the end it's all about comparing base stats then me rolling 1d4 or 2 to determine if an attack hits or not. Not that much to worry about but I'm open to critique.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
I figure i'd make an alert that I'm allowing fakemon/custom pokemon including types, abilities, and moves from your own RPs and fangames/hacks to be permitted. It's a one per person basis however.

Back